Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 25-08-2016, 09:23 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
Default Anyone still in doubt?

If anyone is still in doubt that they are 100% favouring Bear, not showing his tantrum during the awards should put paid to that. He got very nasty and petulant as soon as Frankie was voted the most entertaining, he shouted and talked over the HM's very rudely the whole time they were giving their reasons, and BB had to tell him several times to sit down and be quiet. We seen none of that in the edit. It made it look as if he was just having a laugh when in fact it was very very different.
Such blatant editing is disgraceful. Viacom are deceiving viewers because they own C5 and MTV which features Ex on the beach and Geordie shore. They
want the crossover from CBB viewers to these other shows, therefore we had the relentless Bear Show and the cutting out of anything that would show him in a really bad light - like hurting Sam and his nasty tantrum during the awards. They are taking us for fools, and if another reality star from any of these trashy shows is in the next CBB, I won't be fooled into watching it again.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 09:27 PM #2
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
If anyone is still in doubt that they are 100% favouring Bear, not showing his tantrum during the awards should put paid to that. He got very nasty and petulant as soon as Frankie was voted the most entertaining, he shouted and talked over the HM's very rudely the whole time they were giving their reasons, and BB had to tell him several times to sit down and be quiet. We seen none of that in the edit. It made it look as if he was just having a laugh when in fact it was very very different.
Such blatant editing is disgraceful. Viacom are deceiving viewers because they own C5 and MTV which features Ex on the beach and Geordie shore. They
want the crossover from CBB viewers to these other shows, therefore we had the relentless Bear Show and the cutting out of anything that would show him in a really bad light -
like hurting Sam and his nasty tantrum during the awards. They are taking us for fools, and if another reality star from any of these trashy shows is in the next CBB, I won't be fooled into watching it again.
Very compelling point. Your argument certainly makes sense...

I can't understand otherwise why they would put him on a pedestal. His brand doesn't do any favors for BB's brand... but yeah they do seem to use this show as a platform for others. Sometimes the BB livestream stays on and will show interviews/etc with former castmates... I guess to increase the money stream by getting people to watch the other shows.

I'm a US viewer, so I don't know what airs on C5 really other than what is in adverts.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 09:28 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Favourites (more):

He's just so predictable, he has gauged perfectly exactly where to gob off so as to get maximum exposure. It just shows how they can edit out so much of Bear especially as he interrupted everyone and gobbed off at every opportunity, i didn't think it would be possible to edit it as heavily as they have done.
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 09:29 PM #4
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

Same thing last year - Channel 5 were running adverts for Ex on the Beach featuring "CBB's Scotty T" whilst CBB was still airing

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 09:29 PM #5

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Well said.
They are protecting their interests.
Hopefully anything they offer him in future flops big time.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 09:33 PM #6
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Literally anyone but Bear to win now, Frankie would be best though
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 09:45 PM #7

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh

Luckily a lot of people seem to be watching the live feed now rather than relying on the highlights. So most people know how bad he was. If he wins it will be a definite fix.
susie q is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 09:48 PM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Literally anyone but Bear to win now, Frankie would be best though
Frankie to win for me too
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 09:51 PM #9

Bear to win.... Would of been totally boring if he wasn't in there!
BB-Fan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 09:56 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-Fan View Post
He shouldn't have lasted more than a week! Blatant editing by the production team has kept him in, because they know that the ratings have been the lowest ever, and they would have had to cut the show without the "sensationalism" they've managed to edit in! Bear to come last!
Weyr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 09:57 PM #11

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Jemma Lucy

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Jemma Lucy

Bear or Ricky would be an absolute terrible win for me, I'd love any of the Americans to take it home
RhysJones is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 09:58 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhysJones View Post
Bear or Ricky would be an absolute terrible win for me, I'd love any of the Americans to take it home

Me too...

Never missed a final but I don't think I can bring myself to watch the prat win and rub it in their faces.
Think I will follow it on here...it's less painful.

Last edited by rusticgal; 25-08-2016 at 10:01 PM.
rusticgal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 09:59 PM #13

Quote:
want the crossover from CBB viewers to these other shows, therefore we had the relentless Bear Show and the cutting out of anything that would show him in a really bad light - like hurting Sam and his nasty tantrum during the awards. They are taking us for fools, and if another reality star from any of these trashy shows is in the next CBB, I won't be fooled into watching it again.
This explains why poor old Biggins was sacrificed, get rid of the competition just in case.
Bagabeach is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 10:54 PM #14

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagabeach View Post
This explains why poor old Biggins was sacrificed, get rid of the competition just in case.

Not to mention that Viacom have a reality show in the pipeline for Bear featuring his family. How they can get away with this when people are spending money voting is disgusting.
Old 25-08-2016, 11:17 PM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Me too...

Never missed a final but I don't think I can bring myself to watch the prat win and rub it in their faces.
Think I will follow it on here...it's less painful.
I stopped watching a while ago and then watched last night and tonight...and I'm sorry I did. I can't support a show which deceives viewers with selective editing in favour of a particular HM because it suits their agenda. People are spending their money voting and it's unethical to say the least.
Old 25-08-2016, 11:34 PM #16

Quote:
I stopped watching a while ago and then watched last night and tonight...and I'm sorry I did. I can't support a show which deceives viewers with selective editing in favour of a particular HM because it suits their agenda. People are spending their money voting and it's unethical to say the least.

I have noticed many popular forum members, like yourself, go missing of late. I put it down to holidays...
Shame it's come to this...this series has really been ruined. They need to stop this trash from other reality shows coming on CBB..they just dominate and ruin it because their fan base always give them the win...like Scotty T who did **** all...
Take Bear,Lewis and Marnie out of the equation..this could have been a much better series.

Last edited by rusticgal; 25-08-2016 at 11:36 PM.
rusticgal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 11:42 PM #17

Favourites:
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
BB7: Nikki

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-Fan View Post
I couldn't disagree more.

I've stopped watching the show for the last two weeks because he makes it so boring, every episode is the same crap:

- Bear tries to annoy fellow housemates with basic and one-note "pranks" and "games", like dropping food on the floor or physically harassing people; then the other housemates complain and then Bear starts laughing because he got a reaction out of them, like a 12 year old.

It's always the same. Whenever I go on catch up to try to watch newer episodes, I always end up shutting it off because it's always the same thing going on: Bear being his chav self, doing his repetitive predictable "pranks" and the producers editing the show to give him all the air time possible.

Last edited by MikeV; 25-08-2016 at 11:42 PM.
MikeV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 11:52 PM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
I have noticed many popular forum members, like yourself, go missing of late. I put it down to holidays...
Shame it's come to this...this series has really been ruined. They need to stop this trash from other reality shows coming on CBB..they just dominate and ruin it because their fan base always give them the win...like Scotty T who did **** all...
Take Bear,Lewis and Marnie out of the equation..this could have been a much better series.
I'm finished with CBB. The way they completely cut out Bears meltdown tonight during the 'most entertaining' award was a clear editing breach to protect their reality star (and not showing him injuring Sam's eye as well). It isn't just the fan base who give them the win, it is Viacom themselves through selective editing...they own C5 and MTV who feature Ex on the Beach.
You are so right, if the threesome hadn't been on the show, it could have been a much better series. I feel so sad for the other HM's who have been given a raw deal in the 'Bear Show'. They never really stood a chance.
Old 25-08-2016, 11:56 PM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
I couldn't disagree more.

I've stopped watching the show for the last two weeks because he makes it so boring, every episode is the same crap:

- Bear tries to annoy fellow housemates with basic and one-note "pranks" and "games", like dropping food on the floor or physically harassing people; then the other housemates complain and then Bear starts laughing because he got a reaction out of them, like a 12 year old.

It's always the same. Whenever I go on catch up to try to watch newer episodes, I always end up shutting it off because it's always the same thing going on: Bear being his chav self, doing his repetitive predictable "pranks" and the producers editing the show to give him all the air time possible.

Well said - and also editing it to cut out anything which would show how awful he really is.....
Old 26-08-2016, 12:03 AM #20
Banned

Banned

He's been pushed as the main star of this series because of Ex on the Beach and they probably have plans in the future so they want to raise his profile. They probably mapped out a win for him as soon as he signed up.

MTV Reality Stars shouldn't appear on CBB, they're blatantly favoured by the production team.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 12:11 AM #21
0_o

0_o

Quote:
cutting out of anything that would show him in a really bad light
They haven't done a good job of this angel edit mind, considering more hate him than like him

But yes, I do agree with the basic point of the thread. He gets way more airtime than the others, which I could understand in the earlier days as it really seemed he was the only one doing anything (I mean, way back when Saira was evicted and she said the others do nothing even though they were her friends) but I refuse to believe noone has done anything of note recently. We get endless POINTLESS large DR entries from him, talking about the ****ing zebra and the dog...this is not needed when other stuff is going on :S
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 12:23 AM #22

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
They haven't done a good job of this angel edit mind, considering more hate him than like him

But yes, I do agree with the basic point of the thread. He gets way more airtime than the others, which I could understand in the earlier days as it really seemed he was the only one doing anything (I mean, way back when Saira was evicted and she said the others do nothing even though they were her friends) but I refuse to believe noone has done anything of note recently. We get endless POINTLESS large DR entries from him, talking about the ****ing zebra and the dog...this is not needed when other stuff is going on :S
I thought Frankie was really entertaining in the first week. Always on speed, joking around, singing, dancing around... yet according to the way the show is edited, he's not done much fun stuff after that -- which I find hard to believe.

A guy like Frankie just doesn't change from a high-energy person to a blasé person overnight.

I think the producers deliberately sent his funny moments to the cutting room floor in order to have more air time for Bear, Chloe, Marnie and Lewis with their cheap reality show plots.
MikeV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 12:24 AM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post

He's favourite to win....
But thank goodness for a Bear supporter who can be objective, you are a rarity!

Last edited by jet; 26-08-2016 at 12:26 AM.
Old 26-08-2016, 12:27 AM #24
0_o

0_o

Quote:
He's favourite to win....
But thank goodness for a Bear supporter who can be objective, you are a rarity!
But more people hate him than like him he will not win.

Also...

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=308899

I refuse to even bother anymore :S
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 12:41 AM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

[QUOTE=Vicky.;8944751]But more people hate him than like him he will not win.

Also...

WTF? They have some explaining to do, that's for sure.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
doubt