Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 26-08-2016, 10:13 PM #1

Default I am enlightened...

...to see that a majority of this forum stood up for human decency and switched off rather than see 'low life ' walk away as winner of CBB.
Entertaining is deemed in many ways...but using people to make your own entertainment...winding them up to get a reaction is not entertainment to me. It's cruel and selfish...but for those of you who supported him and it's what floats your boat..well done.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 01:37 AM #2
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
...to see that a majority of this forum stood up for human decency and switched off rather than see 'low life ' walk away as winner of CBB.
I don't know that it's just that... The show runs counter to morals very often. If people wanted to make a statement about moral injustice then they would've collectively quit the job the first few weeks with the addition of the playboy experience (and some indeed did). Sticking through to the final to see if the morally bankrupt HM would lost not only lines C5's pockets but validates their purpose. That was the storyline we would be fed and now C5 has to "endure" (aka benefit) from the fallout of "fix" accusations... producers probably literally sit at their screens and shrug.

BB went up against their own rules and overly favored one housemate with their edits and compromised the quality of the experience... short of handing him the win personally, they've done everything to make sure he was at least in the final.

His win isn't even the issue. The public can vote for whoever they choose and if it were a fair process, more power to them. Except that this wasn't a standard BB. This series was more about talent search than about being a social competition.

It ceased to be a game when they gave him unlimited mulligans/"second" chances" with his window breaking and other shenanigans (some that never aired). It wasn't fair when they undermined the game by allowing that same HM to rule the house without rules and boundaries. Even further, when they skewed the edit by leaving out very pertinent information from the highlights, they gave the other HM's several considerable handicaps in order to keep the one they wanted to keep in the game...the other HM's didn't have their chance, much less many mulligans, to really shine which destroyed the point of the game and thus, the experience. Can you imagine watching a sports game where all the other plays are held down with 100lb weights while one of the weakest players is given a jetpack to cross the field. This BB was social experimentation on performance enhancing drugs. It was an experience alright, just not a very fun one.

However, like real life where the players that are breaking records are given huge deals and sponsorships to continue breaking records (until they are found out and those sponsorships are "ripped away"...). BB producted prevented similar by leaving out his several warnings.

If people think this game is fair and want to blame the jury, then fine. Bear is BB's OJ Simpson who got off scot-free. Let's be real, he should've have been ejected weeks ago.

It is just a game, but the problem is it's far from being a fair one and that just about ruins the experience for me.

Sign of the times.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 01:55 AM #3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Spit gate was given the big hooray though...but I see your point.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 04:18 AM #4

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
I don't know that it's just that... The show runs counter to morals very often. If people wanted to make a statement about moral injustice then they would've collectively quit the job the first few weeks with the addition of the playboy experience (and some indeed did). Sticking through to the final to see if the morally bankrupt HM would lost not only lines C5's pockets but validates their purpose. That was the storyline we would be fed and now C5 has to "endure" (aka benefit) from the fallout of "fix" accusations... producers probably literally sit at their screens and shrug.

BB went up against their own rules and overly favored one housemate with their edits and compromised the quality of the experience... short of handing him the win personally, they've done everything to make sure he was at least in the final.

His win isn't even the issue. The public can vote for whoever they choose and if it were a fair process, more power to them. Except that this wasn't a standard BB. This series was more about talent search than about being a social competition.

It ceased to be a game when they gave him unlimited mulligans/"second" chances" with his window breaking and other shenanigans (some that never aired). It wasn't fair when they undermined the game by allowing that same HM to rule the house without rules and boundaries. Even further, when they skewed the edit by leaving out very pertinent information from the highlights, they gave the other HM's several considerable handicaps in order to keep the one they wanted to keep in the game...the other HM's didn't have their chance, much less many mulligans, to really shine which destroyed the point of the game and thus, the experience. Can you imagine watching a sports game where all the other plays are held down with 100lb weights while one of the weakest players is given a jetpack to cross the field. This BB was social experimentation on performance enhancing drugs. It was an experience alright, just not a very fun one.

However, like real life where the players that are breaking records are given huge deals and sponsorships to continue breaking records (until they are found out and those sponsorships are "ripped away"...). BB producted prevented similar by leaving out his several warnings.

If people think this game is fair and want to blame the jury, then fine. Bear is BB's OJ Simpson who got off scot-free. Let's be real, he should've have been ejected weeks ago.

It is just a game, but the problem is it's far from being a fair one and that just about ruins the experience for me.

Sign of the times.
I'm in absolute agreement with what you say.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 06:46 AM #5

Agreed
Old 27-08-2016, 07:02 AM #6
-

-

Much better back in the old days when we had morally upstanding red-nosed wifebeating alcoholics in the winners circle eh. Whatever happened to such best-of-british morals .

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 27-08-2016 at 07:02 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 06:17 PM #7
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Entertaining is deemed in many ways...but using people to make your own entertainment...winding them up to get a reaction is not entertainment to me. It's cruel and selfish...but for those of you who supported him and it's what floats your boat..well done.
i watched the final with a sense of dismal impending disappointment - which was heartily delivered. I switched off the second they announced the winner (sorry, ricky, but i couldn't abide to hear his name/see his face/watch him reap the rewards of a winner for being a total *******) and that's it for me now. over and out, CBB. The blatant manipulation of events and the encouragement of chavtastic behaviour to reap an equally chavvy audience has made me lose any interest in the show whatsoever.

The producers went wrong on so many occasions, such as permitting spit-gate (she should have been out, as should anyone who did that), his eternally ignored warnings from BB, the allowing hm8s to trash the house for ''fun'', and not showing or allowing viewers to know about even MORE warnings given to the likes of their winner this year and the sam-event....

So a final farewell to all those who have suffered through (and occasionally enjoyed) this year's 2 series, where it felt like they scraped the barrel for almost every housemate and unashamedly took the piss out of viewers; it's been an eyeopener.

Special mentions to hot2go (though we were at opposite sides of the fence with CBB), Kazanne!, Garfie, ellie, maru, jaxie, rusticgal, kirk, chuff n nessa, and others whose posts were fab but whose names escape me momentarily. I doubt very much i'll be back even for the civilian BB as a) i can't be arsed right now and b) i'll be in america and certainly won't be watching that version

Last edited by Jan S; 27-08-2016 at 06:33 PM. Reason: i knew i'd forgotten that name but remembered the av :D
Jan S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 06:28 PM #8

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan S View Post
i watched the final with a sense of dismal impending disappointment - which was heartily delivered. I switched off the second they announced the winner (sorry, ricky, but i couldn't abide to hear his name/see his face/watch him reap the rewards of a winner for being a total *******) and that's it for me now. over and out, CBB. The blatant manipulation of events and the encouragement of chavtastic behaviour to reap an equally chavvy audience has made me lose any interest in the show whatsoever.

The producers went wrong on so many occasions, such as permitting spit-gate (she should have been out, as should anyone who did that), his eternally ignored warnings from BB, the allowing hm8s to trash the house for ''fun'', and not showing or allowing viewers to know about even MORE warnings given to the likes of their winner this year and the sam-event....

So a final farewell to all those who have suffered through (and occasionally enjoyed) this year's 2 series, where it felt like they scraped the barrel for almost every housemate and unashamedly took the piss out of viewers; it's been an eyeopener.

Special mentions to hot2go (though we were at opposite sides of the fence with CBB), Garfie, ellie, maru, jaxie, rusticgal, kirk, chuff n nessa, and others whose posts were fab but whose names escape me momentarily. I doubt very much i'll be back even for the civilian BB as a) i can't be arsed right now and b) i'll be in america and certainly won't be watching that version

You better come back jan,I enjoyed chatting to you,I agree 100% with your post.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 06:31 PM #9

Quote:
This series was more about talent search than about being a social competition
If it was a talent search, it's been a total disaster. No one likes Frankie, as much as we've been repeatedly told we should, and Stephen's far too unstable to build a show around. Good post though, Maru!

Last edited by Ian Coke; 27-08-2016 at 06:35 PM.
Ian Coke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 06:36 PM #10
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Special mentions to hot2go (though we were at opposite sides of the fence with CBB), Garfie, ellie, maru, jaxie, rusticgal, kirk, chuff n nessa, and others whose posts were fab but whose names escape me momentarily. I doubt very much i'll be back even for the civilian BB as a) i can't be arsed right now and b) i'll be in america and certainly won't be watching that version

Nooooooo!! First kirk, now Jan S... I can't blame you for your reasoning at all

Also welcome to the USA
Old 27-08-2016, 07:52 PM #11
cancelled

cancelled

.......again i did switch off..........but not through HMs actions...............

..............but production.............

Mark L
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 08:14 PM #12

Priceless.

You are watching Big Brother. On channel 5. You aren't enlightened. Lets be honest, you switched off in a huff and a thinly veiled dig at Bear fans doesn't speak much for "human decency"
Lampfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 08:15 PM #13
Witch

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
Witch

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampfan View Post
Priceless.

You are watching Big Brother. On channel 5. You aren't enlightened. Lets be honest, you switched off in a huff and a thinly veiled dig at Bear fans doesn't speak much for "human decency"
Dollface is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 08:16 PM #14
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

people are actually so pressed about him winning.

armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 08:27 PM #15

Quote:

Sign of the times.
Well done. I lost interest weeks ago. Bear acts up, taunts and bullies others, gets a warning, acts up again, gets a warning, lather, rinse, repeat, ad nauseam. Boring! For variety, we get the lovely foul-mouthed Renee, screeching on and on and making meaningless threats. Lather, rinse , repeat--equally tedious.
puzzled is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 08:56 PM #16
-

-

Quote:
Nooooooo!! First kirk, now Jan S... I can't blame you for your reasoning at all

Also welcome to the USA
is Kirk leaving again? Where's the post, I'm in need of a good kirk-humour fix. Quickly now, he'll be back any minute.
Old 27-08-2016, 08:57 PM #17
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Special mentions to hot2go (though we were at opposite sides of the fence with CBB), Kazanne!, Garfie, ellie, maru, jaxie, rusticgal, kirk, chuff n nessa, and others whose posts were fab but whose names escape me momentarily. I doubt very much i'll be back even for the civilian BB as a) i can't be arsed right now and b) i'll be in america and certainly won't be watching that version

Cricky it's a TV show, we got over Brexit I think we will move on from Bear winning as well

Last edited by Cherie; 27-08-2016 at 08:58 PM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 09:02 PM #18
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Cricky it's a TV show, we got over Brexit I think we will move on from Bear winning as well
It pretty much decimated SD&N to be fair .

But yes... it is adding to my amusement that several of the same people who were laughing and bleating "Sour grapes! Deal with it!" when it came to Brexit - something that will forever change our nation and potentially the future of the western world... are now throwing every single toy they own out of the pram, because a slightly annoying little bloke won a cheap-as-chips Channel 5 reality TV show.
Old 27-08-2016, 09:06 PM #19
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post

But yes... it is adding to my amusement that several of the same people who were laughing and bleating "Sour grapes! Deal with it!" when it came to Brexit - something that will forever change our nation and potentially the future of the western world... are now throwing every single toy they own out of the pram, because a slightly annoying little bloke won a cheap-as-chips Channel 5 reality TV show.
I'm finding it incomprehensible, Jason got just as much of a leg up to win as Bear, but that was fine with lots of and now the result doesn't suit society is doomed ...doomed...doomed..neither winner suited me so I really should leave
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 09:08 PM #20

Quote:

hear hear!
Lampfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 09:08 PM #21

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:

Sign of the times.
Fantastic post! You have put into words my feelings exactly.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 10:24 PM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampfan View Post
Priceless.

Bear isn't a decent human...and many agreed...and that enlightened me despite Bears win. I switched off in disgust not in a huff...but you are entitled to your opinion.
Old 27-08-2016, 10:27 PM #23

Quote:

Sign of the times.

Well said Maru...great post as always
Old 27-08-2016, 10:28 PM #24

Quote:

Gonna miss you...enjoy America
Old 27-08-2016, 11:06 PM #25
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
is Kirk leaving again? Where's the post, I'm in need of a good kirk-humour fix. Quickly now, he'll be back any minute.
Well, no, he said he would stop watching BB... so he's leaving a section really

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
enlightened