Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 28-08-2016, 10:11 AM #26

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

They've been mugging off viewers for years, even before Nikki.

Greats of Big Brother

BBAU9 Estelle [avatar]
BBAU8 Brigitte
BBAU7 Aleisha
BBUS 13 Rachel
BBUK11 - Sunshine
BBUK10 - Marcus
BBUK9 - Stephanie
BBUK7 - Jennie
BBUK6 - Sam
BBUK5 - Victor
BBUK4 - Nush
BBUK3- Jonny (only saw last two weeks)
starry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 07:11 PM #27

They should do a series just for the chavs. Put Bear, Perez and all the other past attention seeking a-holes in there and just let them be nasty all season. Then do a real season with proper celebs.

I still don't understand why Bear got a different reception to Marco though. They both did pretty much the same things in the house (being annoying, cheating on their gf) yet Marco was hated and Bear was loved for it. Why was that?
Old 28-08-2016, 08:25 PM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
Stephen seems like he'd do anything for air-time. And some people think he's no good, as a result. What about this is difficult to understand?
There you go severely underestimating the guy, he is a highly intelligent individual who knew how to adapt even when the haters were picking off his allies one by one, he is a born winner and ran rings round people older, supposedly wiser more famous, supposedly more talented and entertaining.

He was the last man standing for a reason, he had the most stamina and he loved being in there, he was hardly helped he was up for nomination 5 times and survived.

If the viewing public had changed then Hughie would have won hands down in the last BB, you could have hardly have two more contrasting results back to back. Well that's on the surface but if you analyse it deeper the viewing public that matter not the CBB nuts that think they 'know' or champion some odd ball for their own demographic ideology can cut through the sh!t and see what's happening and non of the recent results were surprising to me Helen Wood, Jason, and now Bear as much as the BB aficionados acquire tunnel vision through each series the general viewer can see the bigger picture.

The right man won again, eat it up suckers.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 08:48 PM #29
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
There you go severely underestimating the guy, he is a highly intelligent individual who knew how to adapt even when the haters were picking off his allies one by one, he is a born winner and ran rings round people older, supposedly wiser more famous, supposedly more talented and entertaining.

He was the last man standing for a reason, he had the most stamina and he loved being in there, he was hardly helped he was up for nomination 5 times and survived.

If the viewing public had changed then Hughie would have won hands down in the last BB, you could have hardly have two more contrasting results back to back. Well that's on the surface but if you analyse it deeper the viewing public that matter not the CBB nuts that think they 'know' or champion some odd ball for their own demographic ideology can cut through the sh!t and see what's happening and non of the recent results were surprising to me Helen Wood, Jason, and now Bear as much as the BB aficionados acquire tunnel vision through each series the general viewer can see the bigger picture.

The right man won again, eat it up suckers.
As the person who originated this thread, its worth pointing out that it wasnt a criticism of bear, but of the producers, and their aims for the show.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 09:08 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
As the person who originated this thread, its worth pointing out that it wasnt a criticism of bear, but of the producers, and their aims for the show.

I think, I have already addressed that point in another post

The above was a direct reply to the most recent posts. And if you follow any of my other posts you will see that I am proponent of a complete overhaul of BB, you cannot claim that they are playing the game then still have it as a popularity contest.

The British public usually champion the underdog and in a lot of ways Bear and Jason were just that and to a point Helen Wood too.

I don't think the producers had any idea that BEAR would steal the show it was organic and you can't say that they intentionally kept Bear in when they artificially interfered again by having up for nomination every week. If anything the program was rigged to keep the Yanks in. Aubrey should have been dragged out of there for he gobbing incident and CBB knew if she'd have gone that Renee would have walked.

Nah,mate the program was as organic as it could be even with the interference of the CBB production team. Bear came to the fore and ran with it. The other reason why he got so much air time was the others just weren't worth watching you cannot make an hour long program of paint drying.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 09:13 PM #31

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
A superb articulation of the thoughts of many other viewers.

THIS above is EXACTLY why the producers manipulated the series to try to guarantee that despicable yob Bear won the show.

I stopped watching mid way through too, and I will not be watching ever again - and THAT is a promise:

'Mug me off once, and that is the producer's fault, but mug me off twice, and that is my fault', and I will not be a willing party to being mugged off.

The show is past its 'Sell By' date and should be scrapped. In my opinion.
I don't know if that's true kirk. If it was then why would they bring in the eternal nomination the day that bear was guaranteed to get it?

I doubt you're around now though, sadly.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 09:51 PM #32
Stellar all-star line up

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Karen

Stellar all-star line up

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
The British public usually champion the underdog and in a lot of ways Bear and Jason were just that and to a point Helen Wood too.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
mugged, producers, viewers