Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 27-09-2016, 05:54 AM #26
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...you have some good advice their and I'm so sorry that you're not happy in your job atm, that sucks because we spend so much of our time in working hours...I think what Jordan said, though...they did re-employ you..(so in any type of pursuing it officially, that's something that will be a big thing in your favour because why would they re-employ someone who can be criticised in their work..)...but obviously, official routes are when it gets messy as well so it's looking at other things...it's a bit of a tricky one I think because 'talking down' can be just a way with people, rather than a specific of what she says, just how she says it, more..?...in a condescending and superior way...so whether you feel as though she's abusing her position in what she says to you and breaking any guidelines etc....I had a head/boss once and she had many positive things about her but she came over as quite patronising in how she spoke because she spoke to adults in the same way as she spoke to 5yr olds, it was just her way but some of my colleagues found it hard on occasions and quite offensive...she didn't though ever say anything offensive or 'put down', it was just her way....

...anyways, I know it's no comfort but she could talk to people how she does because she herself is insecure, so that gives her a better feeling of 'value/importance' to do that, that's often the way as well...and as you say, she's awful to many people so she's not picking on you as such...some people though are more effected by these things because of their own sensitivities etc and times they've been made to feel 'less than' associations, these become our pet hates in people's characters....whatever your decision with this job, you could also..(because it's always good to do whatever is in our own control..)...google up some stuff about positive self-assertive techniques and things to help your own confidence..?...that will help you in any job and always be a positive in your life with these silly people.../whatever you decide, good luck and be confident in your decision .....(try to have a not too bad day....)....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 05:56 AM #27
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...she's probably has less confidence than you or any of your colleagues, Jack...because you all don't feel the need to feel your 'superiority' to anyone.../no help in your work day I know but.......
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 07:50 AM #28
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
With people like that, the best thing to do is to ask to speak to her in private and politely and professionally ask her not to treat you like crap. As long as you remain calm and professional then she can't really object and chances are she'll crumble and relent because she probably never expected to be confronted over her behavior. Might be a good idea to record the conversation if you can, if she crosses the line you'll have proof of it.

It isn't in your contract to be treated like a doormat by what sounds like someone who shouldn't be a manager in the first place and it's well within your rights to try to stamp it out.
Good advice there, as a manager she is (or should be) trained to manage her staff, she doesn't have to like you or you her but there should be a professional relationship. It sounds like you are not alone in how you are being treated, so I imagine she is maybe laying down the law to newbies and maybe doesn't realise she is coming across badly or maybe she knows she is and thinks she can get away with it, you say you work in a care home I hope she doesn't treat the residents badly I would ask for a meeting with her as Dezzy suggested and maybe that will clear the air, you are then in your rights to go higher if she doesn't adapt her behaviour as you have gone through the right channels

Last edited by Cherie; 27-09-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 08:08 AM #29
Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Ask for a meeting and there confront them. Ask if they have an issue with you. Last time it made you uncomfortable, you felt disrespected and couldn't the job at the best of your availability and this time the same issue is still the there-so wa gwan biatch, what's your beef? You got something to say, say it bitch

Last edited by Ithinkiloveyoutoo; 27-09-2016 at 08:10 AM.
Ithinkiloveyoutoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 09:06 AM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack. View Post
I need some advice off you guys. I've recently started a job, I'd previously worked there and didn't get on with the manager but this was a few years ago, So i've returned back there but in a different job role, But the manager still can't stand me and is talking down to me. Do i just stick it out and ignore her or do I tell her where to stick the job?
jack I have the same advice I would give to anyone - write him or her a love of my life poem and you will be the employee of the month - it works for me every month

Last edited by waterhog; 27-09-2016 at 09:07 AM.
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
advice, work