Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 17-11-2016, 01:28 PM #1
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Default The Spice Girls Bullied Mel C

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news...e-spice-girls/

Despite forming a bond as Spice Girls that will last a lifetime, the hugely popular '90s girl group has never shied away from speaking about their big fallouts at the peak of their success.

Melanie C - aka Sporty Spice - has now opened up about being bullied within the group during their height of their fame, adding that certain lyrics on her latest album Version of Me deal with the turbulent time in her life.

"Version of Me is about being bullied," Melanie told Attitude magazine. "About being in a situation as a young adult where I felt bullied and how that has affected me, and moulded me in a way.

"Unfortunately, being bullied can really damage people and even when you are stronger and over it, it can still be in the background - undermining you. I hope people will identify with that track."

Asked if the bullying occurred during her time in the Spice Girls, she replied: "Yes. I'm not going to name names. But yes.

"It's been addressed, they were aware of what they'd done. They apologised.

"Now I'm older, I'm a lot more confident and I will not be shat upon. But when I was younger I let people **** on me. What's done is done but I'd have liked to have been a bit stronger.

"When we were kids we were so hard on each other and so determined to succeed that if anybody fell out of line they were quickly brought back in. That was quite a lot of pressure to live under."

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bullied, girls, mel, spice