Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 21-12-2016, 08:27 AM #26
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Corbynmas View Post
The anti Muslim rhetoric is ramping up nicely again I see? :/
If you fail to see the potential harm the mass migration into Britain of an intolerant, misogynistic male dominated religion is likely to cause to our society that's your problem, stop trying to make it everyone else's.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 08:52 AM #27
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
If you fail to see the potential harm the mass migration into Britain of an intolerant, misogynistic male dominated religion is likely to cause to our society that's your problem, stop trying to make it everyone else's.
There were no Muslims in the UK prior to the refugee crisis then?
Old 21-12-2016, 09:25 AM #28
User banned

User banned

Quote:
There were no Muslims in the UK prior to the refugee crisis then?
Of course, and some of their sons are involved/supporters of ISIS and very likely involved in the death of some of our people. That number will inevitably increase with more migration. To deny this is futile.
Old 21-12-2016, 09:29 AM #29
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Of course, and some of their sons are involved/supporters of ISIS and very likely involved in the death of some of our people. That number will inevitably increase with more migration. To deny this is futile.
Can you not be Muslim if you don't come from overseas then?
Old 21-12-2016, 09:39 AM #30
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Can you not be Muslim if you don't come from overseas then?
Again of course, but it stands to reason to allow mass migration of people with such archaic beliefs, some of whom do/will support extremism, into Britain Is a recipe for disaster. It isn't rocket science and is completely predictable.
Old 21-12-2016, 09:52 AM #31
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

How old are you Brillopad if you don't mind me asking?
Old 21-12-2016, 09:55 AM #32
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Also are you a fan of Big Brother or did you sign up for serious debates?

Last edited by Withano; 21-12-2016 at 09:55 AM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 10:19 AM #33
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Probably older than you, and?
Old 21-12-2016, 10:37 AM #34
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
i asked you this once and you said it was irrelevant?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 10:41 AM #35

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

As TS says.There will be a percentage of them working illegally.However i can't see that being a massive percentage infact i'd say it will be quite small.Also as Jenny said their will be a percentage of these migrants who are women,I'd also say not a huge percentage as the majority of these migrants seems to be young working age men from what we've seen.
So that discounts a little of that 97%.Who knows what the rest of them are doing.Not sure what the German benefits system is like.If they are claiming then Germany is not gaining anything from this mass migration.Infact quite the opposite.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 10:48 AM #36
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What a nasty allegation - to try and discredit my options no doubt.

I dislike terrorists, bullies and misogynists - what is your problem with that?

Sorry if it offends your sensibilities if I am not as naive and gullible as some.

Some would argue that suggesting refugess should go back in warzones would make them a bit of terrorist and a bully. (Im sure this isnt what youre really suggesting though). But I have seen you stick up for women on other threads, I'll let you have your third point.
You don't offend me, you confuse me.. I don't think youre naive or gullible, I think you follow your hatred down a weird and senseless path.

I think you would do well to put yourself or your friends and family in peoples place when you read articles, you'd be surprised how fast it will change your entire thouhts on stories.
Britain becomes a warzone, your friends are being slaughtered around you, you and your family find refuge in any country, (you choose). You're joined by 1.3m other refugess who are also grieving the loss of their friends. 3% of you get jobs in the new country although more of you have tried. You all get labelled Christians, ten of those 1.3m christians is a terrorist. Isis takes responsibility for their actions (why would they not)
as you have suggested, you and your family and 1.299m innocent children, women and fathers should go back to the warzone to face your imminent death. Is that still fair?

Last edited by Withano; 21-12-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Old 21-12-2016, 11:07 AM #37
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Some would argue that suggesting refugess should go back in warzones would make them a bit of terrorist and a bully. (Im sure this isnt what youre really suggesting though). But I have seen you stick up for women on other threads, I'll let you have your third point.
You don't offend me, you confuse me.. I don't think youre naive or gullible, I think you follow your hatred down a weird and senseless path. I think you would do well to put yourself or your friends and family in peoples place when you read articles, you'd be surprised how fast it will change your entire thouhts on stories.
Refugees can go to the first safe country, as part of the EU agreement, not make a beeline for Britain or other wealthy Western countries who will provide them with free services. If that country becomes overloaded they will be dispersed into other neighbouring countries. They are supposed to be refugees not economic migrants.

As for your other patronising comments I don't need you to give me anything neither am I intimidated by your constant 'hatred' rhetoric. If you really want to address hatred maybe looking a bit closer at Muslim idealism and doctrine might be advisable.
Old 21-12-2016, 11:08 AM #38
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Christmas Great Again View Post
i asked you this once and you said it was irrelevant?
Tbf, you asked me if I was British, not my age
Old 21-12-2016, 11:11 AM #39
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Refugees can go to the first safe country, as part of the EU agreement, not make a beeline for Britain or other wealthy Western countries who will provide them with free services. If that country becomes overloaded they will be dispersed into other neighbouring countries. They are supposed to be refugees not economic migrants.

As for your other patronising comments I don't need you to give me anything neither am I intimidated by your constant 'hatred' rhetoric. If you really want to address hatred maybe looking a bit closer at Muslim idealism and doctrine might be advisable.
Anyone can look at any religious script from thousands of years ago and find some hatred. Literally any religion. It means little. We dont presume every Christian hates gays etc, why would we look for faults in other religions and wack them all with the same branch.

I think you like to think that individual differences dont exist and all people of the same culture/ethnicity/race/religion are the same. Have a chat with any child, they'll teach you something different.

Last edited by Withano; 21-12-2016 at 11:14 AM.
Old 21-12-2016, 11:21 AM #40

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I've always said that i think it is important to take in refugees and i think Cameron could have taken in more.I also think that when we leave the EU if the government can actually manage to get a little control of migration and stop the yearly increase that is happening presently and even reduce numbers (which will happen if Theresa stops free movement from Europe) then we can take in even more refugees.
However these refugees must be from the refugee camps and they need to be vetted to ensure they are genuine refugees and that they are not a terror threat.
The problem with Germany's irresponsible policy is that it is only encouraging migrants from all over the Middle East and Africa and in some cases even South America to come flocking to Europe and nobody has any clue as to who are genuine refugees and who are economic migrants and who are terrorists.It is not the solution as we are seeing in Europe currently and especially Germany.

Last edited by Northern Monkey; 21-12-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old 21-12-2016, 11:21 AM #41
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Anyone can look at any religious script from thousands of years ago and find some hatred. Literally any religion. It means little. We dont presume every Christian hates gays etc, why would we look for faults in other religions and wack them all with the same branch.

I think you like to think that individual differences dont exist and all people of the same culture/ethnicity/race/religion are the same. Have a chat with any child, they'll teach you something different.
Is that what you think I think - good for you. What I do think is that I have some understanding of the depth and power of the type of idiology and doctrine instilled from birth by some religions.
Old 21-12-2016, 11:34 AM #42
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Is that what you think I think - good for you. What I do think is that I have some understanding of the depth and power of the type of idiology and doctrine instilled from birth by some religions.
Thats where your whacking everybody with the same brush and ignoring individual differences comes in. Its a little naive, a little xenophobic and a little simplistic and quite dangerous.
Old 21-12-2016, 11:44 AM #43
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Thats where your whacking everybody with the same brush and ignoring individual differences comes in. Its a little naive, a little xenophobic and a little simplistic and quite dangerous.
Xenophobia is about having issues with people from other countries, I don't, that's your words not mine. I like meeting people from other countries and hearing about life in their countries.

I don't like controlling religions of which Islam is one of the worst. It is naive and stupid to underestimate the power and control they yield by indoctrination. That's what is actually dangerous as we are seeing every day.

Knowing a few Muslims who are not like that does not make your opinion an informed one or make you any more knowledgeable than anyone else. Of course people are different, we wouldn't be having this disagreement if they weren't, but religous ideology doesn't support differences and it's indoctrination goes very deep.

Last edited by Brillopad; 21-12-2016 at 11:51 AM.
Old 21-12-2016, 12:26 PM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Xenophobia is about having issues with people from other countries, I don't, that's your words not mine. I like meeting people from other countries and hearing about life in their countries.

I don't like controlling religions of which Islam is one of the worst. It is naive and stupid to underestimate the power and control they yield by indoctrination. That's what is actually dangerous as we are seeing every day.

Knowing a few Muslims who are not like that does not make your opinion an informed one or make you any more knowledgeable than anyone else. Of course people are different, we wouldn't be having this disagreement if they weren't, but religous ideology doesn't support differences and it's indoctrination goes very deep.
This is true.I agree.Islam is still stuck in the past more than the other big two religions.It is still medieval in most Islamic societies.Yes there are more modernised western Muslims who have moved away from the more devout side but many in the west still haven't.Also most Muslims don't live in the west and when large numbers of them are introduced into civilised societies there is an unavoidable clash.The best thing would be for those backward Islamic countries to move forwards into the present but that can take hundreds of years.Judaism and Christianity weren't always as forward thinking as they've become and Islam is still younger by a few hundred years.
Old 21-12-2016, 12:27 PM #45
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:

Quote:

You're joined by 1.3m other refugess who are also grieving the loss of their friends.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 12:33 PM #46
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Christmas Great Again View Post
Accidentally proving my point is a great adaptation to the thread.
Old 21-12-2016, 01:46 PM #47

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmas Sherry View Post
There is human decency, then there is stupidity like when we took 25 year old "children" from Calais and left 8 year olds behind, mainly because the adults know how to work the system, there is human decency like taking genuine refugees from camps in Syria, or stupidity in opening your borders to all in sundry, enabling the people traffickers and ensuring genuine refugees got stepped over and left behind
Old 21-12-2016, 02:02 PM #48
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star Monkey View Post
I'm glad you quoted that because it appears to have disappeared, maybe a mod could explain what is wrong with it
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 02:08 PM #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmas Sherry View Post
I'm glad you quoted that because it appears to have disappeared, maybe a mod could explain what is wrong with it
Obviously quoted a deleted post.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 02:10 PM #50
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Obviously quoted a deleted post.
You could have removed the deleted post?
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
12million, 3%, arrive, found, germany, migrants, work, years