Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 21-12-2016, 02:11 PM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmas Sherry View Post
You could have removed the deleted post?
I'm telling you, going through (say) tens of deleted posts, and editing out quotes is takes too long.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 02:12 PM #52
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I'm telling you, going through (say) tens of deleted posts, and editing out quotes is takes too long.
Right
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 02:14 PM #53

Quote:
You happy with this post James? Insulting a forum member?
Alright I've deleted that. First time it's been brought to mods' attention. There's a number of posts in the thread that are similar in tone.
Old 21-12-2016, 02:22 PM #54
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Thanks
Old 21-12-2016, 02:45 PM #55

Quote:
Otherwise it would be like...

Old 21-12-2016, 02:46 PM #56
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Xenophobia is about having issues with people from other countries, I don't, that's your words not mine. I like meeting people from other countries and hearing about life in their countries.

I don't like controlling religions of which Islam is one of the worst. It is naive and stupid to underestimate the power and control they yield by indoctrination. That's what is actually dangerous as we are seeing every day.

Knowing a few Muslims who are not like that does not make your opinion an informed one or make you any more knowledgeable than anyone else. Of course people are different, we wouldn't be having this disagreement if they weren't, but religous ideology doesn't support differences and it's indoctrination goes very deep.
I think this is pretty well said. I'm one of the most accepting people out there, I've travelled my whole life... but calling people xenophobic, racist etc, when they just arent is just plain pathetic. Look at who the US have as a president now. Its (imo) because so many people throw out the 'Racist!!!' 'Sexist!!!' 'Xenophobic!!!!' etc insult when they are losing an argument and don't want other people to see the opposite belief to theirs as something worth listening to.

And like I've said before, I dont post in serious debates very often, because I'm not that great at typing things out... but I'm very passionate about my beliefs and the name calling/ganging up on those with this type of beliefs is pretty disgusting.

I'm not all that surprised though. So many people on the internet have this really irritating 'We must accept everyone for who they are, unless they say something we dont like' ideology.
Old 21-12-2016, 02:53 PM #57
User banned

User banned

Quote:

Why was my post deleted then, I think it was quite reserved in response to several insults made by another poster.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 03:27 PM #58
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLEZNavidad View Post
I think this is pretty well said. I'm one of the most accepting people out there, I've travelled my whole life... but calling people xenophobic, racist etc, when they just arent is just plain pathetic. Look at who the US have as a president now. Its (imo) because so many people throw out the 'Racist!!!' 'Sexist!!!' 'Xenophobic!!!!' etc insult when they are losing an argument and don't want other people to see the opposite belief to theirs as something worth listening to.

And like I've said before, I dont post in serious debates very often, because I'm not that great at typing things out... but I'm very passionate about my beliefs and the name calling/ganging up on those with this type of beliefs is pretty disgusting.

I'm not all that surprised though. So many people on the internet have this really irritating 'We must accept everyone for who they are, unless they say something we dont like' ideology.
Firstly, there was very clear examples of xenophobia in this thread before half the posts were deleted. Its fine to call people out on sexism/racism too if and when you see it.
Secondly, i have never met anybody who is accepting of all opinions. What kind of person would they be? Do you know any?

Last edited by Withano; 21-12-2016 at 03:28 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 03:32 PM #59
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Old 21-12-2016, 04:03 PM #60
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Firstly, there was very clear examples of xenophobia in this thread before half the posts were deleted. Its fine to call people out on sexism/racism too if and when you see it.
Secondly, i have never met anybody who is accepting of all opinions. What kind of person would they be? Do you know any?
No there weren't, you are clearly confusing an intolerance of people from other countries with an intolerance of controlling religons, so don't use deleted posts as an excuse for making such an unfounded claim.

You don't have to accept all opinions just don't be so insulting when you don't agree with others.

Last edited by Brillopad; 21-12-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old 21-12-2016, 04:19 PM #61
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No there weren't, you are clearly confusing an intolerance of people from other countries with an intolerance of controlling religons, so don't use deleted posts as an excuse for making such an unfounded claim.

You don't have to accept all opinions just don't be so insulting when you don't agree with others.
I mean all you have done here is announce that you have an intolerance to specific groups of people and then told me not to be insulting. As if members and guests viewig the forum from the religion youre intolerant towards wouldnt be insulted by you.

Last edited by Withano; 21-12-2016 at 04:21 PM.
Old 21-12-2016, 04:33 PM #62
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I mean all you have done here is announce that you have an intolerance to specific groups of people and then told me not to be insulting. As if members and guests viewig the forum from the religion youre intolerant towards wouldnt be insulted by you.
You don't speak for others, only yourself. This is still a free country and anyone is well within their rights to criticize dubious religous practice including Islam - it is not untouchable.
Old 21-12-2016, 04:35 PM #63
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You don't speak for others, only yourself. This is still a free country and anyone is well within their rights to criticize dubious religous practice including Islam - it is not untouchable.
Probs best to avoid giving lectures on insults though if ya do in future though.
Old 21-12-2016, 04:35 PM #64
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Maybe they wouldn't, that is a big problem in the UK assuming others are bothered or insulted when they really aren't, they might actually agree! I'm catholic but I don't agree with some of the views of the Church, there are some Muslims who don't follow Islam to the nth degree either, it's like a pick and mix the scenario
Old 21-12-2016, 04:38 PM #65
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Maybe they wouldn't, that is a big problem in the UK assuming others are bothered or insulted when they really aren't, they might actually agree! I'm catholic but I don't agree with some of the views of the Church, there are some Muslims who don't follow Islam to the nth degree either, it's like a pick and mix the scenario
I mean thats precisely the point, I'm also Catholic and I agree its ridiculous to lump us with some of the elderly homophobes or priest-child molesters from the same religion as if we're all the same. Nobody is doing that though, but claims that all Muslims are the same.. Its just ridiculous, ugly, naive, overly simplistic and dangerous.
Have an opinion on terrorism sure, but I think its important to differentiate between them and an entire religion and I dont believe thhe user Im in a discussion with has ever done this. Which I find sad.
Edit: (Sad as in genuinely upsetting for the state of mankind, not sad the insult)

Last edited by Withano; 21-12-2016 at 04:41 PM.
Old 21-12-2016, 04:52 PM #66
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I mean thats precisely the point, I'm also Catholic and I agree its ridiculous to lump us with some of the elderly homophobes or priest-child molesters from the same religion as if we're all the same. Nobody is doing that though, but claims that all Muslims are the same.. Its just ridiculous, ugly, naive, overly simplistic and dangerous.
Have an opinion on terrorism sure, but I think its important to differentiate between them and an entire religion and I dont believe thhe user Im in a discussion with has ever done this. Which I find sad.
Edit: (Sad as in genuinely upsetting for the state of mankind, not sad the insult)
Have I not, I believe I have. We live in difficult times and an awareness of the power of indoctrination in certain religions is crucial. To simply deny its existence is foolhardy to say the least.

Those people in Germany would be alive today if that animal had not been allowed into the country and still you seem more preoccupied with how offended Some Muslims may be from any criticism of Islam.
Old 21-12-2016, 04:56 PM #67
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Have I not, I believe I have. We live in difficult times and an awareness of the power of indoctrination in certain religions is crucial. To simply deny its existence is foolhardy to say the least.

Those people in Germany would be alive today if that animal had not been allowed into the country and still you seem more preoccupied with how offended Some Muslims may be from any criticism of Islam.
Point you missed being: you dont actually need to insult all members of an entire religion by condemning the actions of a couple terrorists. Its incredibly insensitive, ugly cruel, overly simplistic and ridiculous to do so.

Last edited by Withano; 21-12-2016 at 05:10 PM.
Old 21-12-2016, 05:21 PM #68

Quote:

These terrorist acts are nothing to do with the refugee policy. There are easier ways to enter the EU than as a refugee. Criminal fanatics are neither new nor far away; but you know what? they are very few. If we had closed our borders since the Iraq and Syrian troubles began, I don’t doubt we would of seen the same number of atrocities from terrorist.

Perhaps we have let too many immigrants in… perhaps we haven’t but to blame terrorism on immigration is a nonsense.
Old 21-12-2016, 05:22 PM #69
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Point you missed being: you dont actually need to insult all members of an entire religion by condemning the actions of a couple terrorists. Its incredibly insensitive, ugly cruel, overly simplistic and ridiculous to do so.
A couple of terrorists, that's what I mean a complete denial of the scale of the problem.

I was critical of a religion that is deserving of criticism, no religion is above that - it's treatment of women for one is something many people rightly find offensive. Who are you to attempt to dictate who we can and can't criticize.
Old 21-12-2016, 11:11 PM #70
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
that's what I mean a complete denial of the scale of the problem. .
Really. Is that what you mean. Reeeeeally?
It seems like the one thing you lack the most basic understanding of.

Last edited by Withano; 21-12-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Old 21-12-2016, 11:17 PM #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Christmas Great Again View Post
i asked you this once and you said it was irrelevant?

How Nice
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 12:40 AM #72
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise

They stay at home all day browsing TiBB
Wizard. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 04:45 AM #73
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Really. Is that what you mean. Reeeeeally?
It seems like the one thing you lack the most basic understanding of.
I understand you alright. I'll leave you to continue with the insults although, according to you, you don't do insults, yeah right! Maybe you should learn to think before you speak!

Last edited by Brillopad; 22-12-2016 at 04:55 AM.
Old 22-12-2016, 08:01 AM #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey O'Christmas Day View Post
Loads of British born are happy to stay on benefits too.

Or pop out a kid and live off welfare.

Not for long

They can work in a Charity Office
Lifting Big Boxes,
or no money.

Hard Working Tax Payers demand this.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 08:42 AM #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Christmas Great Again View Post
"What a moronic thread!!!! Simple thinking for simple people."

If by some stretch of the imagination you think that the comment above is suitable for serious debates then please elucidate because I am fairly certain you will be on your own.
I think its perfectly suitable but then I go on other forums where people are a lot more boisterous with their use of language. It just feels bizarre to me that our words on here are so heavily censored by the PC brigade.

These are emotional topics are they not? People will be shocked or annoyed by certain views and may want to express themselves accordingly. What this guy said is tame in comparison to the more active political forum groups and hardly worth getting upset about.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
12million, 3%, arrive, found, germany, migrants, work, years