Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB19 Celebrity Big Brother January 2017 [CBB 19] [All Stars and New Stars] was won by Coleen Nolan.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:27 AM #76
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Was'nt gay marriage also illegal in Ireland at the time of the cake thing?
I was driving along in my car today and I remembered that post for some reason and I was thinking good job nobody clicked onto the fact that gay marriage is illegal in Northern Ireland (still is in fact) Damn you Northern Monkey

I still would consider it different in that, you can be arrested for supporting a terrorist organisation/trying to promote it where as being gay isn't illegal and supporting gay marriage is more of a civil rights matter

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 10-01-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:38 AM #77

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Oh dear...

Though I am in two minds about the cake thing, I have to admit. On the one hand it seems ridiculous to refuse to bake a cake because you disagree with the message on it. On the other hand, is it really that different to churches being able to refuse to perform gay marriage ceremonies because of their personal beliefs? Not totally sure where I stand on it, though oddly enough I have strong feelings about the B&B that turned away gay couples. And a shop is not much different to a B&B

The rest of her comments are disgusting though. I wonder if BB will throw her under the bus the way they did with that Winston guy...doubt it somehow.
The B&B and the cake shop are businesses for profit. Businesses aren't allowed to discriminate. They would contravene equality legislation by doing so.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:43 AM #78

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I was driving along in my car today and I remembered that post for some reason and I was thinking good job nobody clicked onto the fact that gay marriage is illegal in Northern Ireland (still is in fact) Damn you Northern Monkey

I still would consider it different in that, you can be arrested for supporting a terrorist organisation/trying to promote it where as being gay isn't illegal and supporting gay marriage is more of a civil rights matter

I still think a custom art designer should be free to choose the designs they are willing to do.I know a tattoo shop that won't do any writing.
The cake shop owner didn't refuse to serve the couple because they were gay.Iirc i thought the gay couple had used the shop in the past.It was just the design that they could'nt do as it was against their religion.
I can't stand Coleen btw.I'm not defending her just her right hold her opinions.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:49 AM #79
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post

I still think a custom art designer should be free to choose the designs they are willing to do.I know a tattoo shop that won't do any writing.
The cake shop owner didn't refuse to serve the couple because they were gay.Iirc i thought the gay couple had used the shop in the past.It was just the design that they could'nt do as it was against their religion.
I can't stand Coleen btw.I'm not defending her just her right hold her opinions.
I suppose it's a more grey area in NI atleast as it isn't legal but if it were here in the South and say a cake shop refused to do a wedding cake for a gay couple I definitely think that would be wrong, imo religious views shouldn't be allowed to discriminate against the laws of the land.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 10-01-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 01:16 PM #80

I'm in two minds over her comments. I've always felt the "gay couples shouldn't adopt" thing is sometimes more of a sexist view than a homophobic one (depending on why someone thinks it). My mum for example holds that view but she's not homophobic in the slightest (she's bisexual herself and has always been accepting/proud of me being gay), the reason she thinks like that though is because she has old fashioned views of male and female roles when it comes to raising children and she'd feel the same about the idea of my sister being a single parent and raising a child without a dad as she would about me and a partner raising a child without a mother, so sexuality isn't actually the factor in her holding that view... she's kind of sexist basically but not homophobic. So it depends really why Coleen thinks like that, if it's because she doesn't like gay people and/or thinks that their sexuality would be a bad influence on children or they'd be bad parents 'because' of their sexuality then yeah she's homophobic, but I don't know how she meant it. And the ISIS cake thing just comes across as stupid more than anything else, if she thinks being gay is comparable/as bad as to belonging to a terrorist organisation then she's pretty homophobic, but it looks to me more like she just put her point across very badly.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 01:28 PM #81
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
I've never forgiven Coleen for her bizarre claim on Radio 2 that "all people who think the McCanns might be guilty are mentally ill."

She is one of those typical morons that have been given a bigger platform than she would ever deserve or merit. And she thinks her opinions are important. She is a complete dullard and atrocious singer, with a career that died 35 years ago.
I had not heard of this ,Coleen ( who I like ) really needs to look deeper into this case ,and not just accept what the press tell us
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
adpot, coleen, compared, couples, gay, homosexuality, isis, or compares, thinks