Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 21-01-2017, 08:45 PM #51
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Ukippers?
Lefties on benefits who back parties who give them freebies - Corbyn.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 09:33 PM #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Come off it!
You have to be quite politically minded to be a lefty
Old 21-01-2017, 09:37 PM #53
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
Come off it!
You have to be quite politically minded to be a lefty
Or someone who backs a party who promise them more by creating a more equal society. If you put nothing in, you get nothing back.
Old 21-01-2017, 10:06 PM #54
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I know this is not what you meant, but this reads as if you are calling Corbyn a chav

Funnily enough..most 'chav'vy people I know are the very same who make a show of flying england flags, hate how the 'foreigners are stealing our jobs' and set their pitbulls onto people who look a little brown.

I guess chav means something different to you and me :S
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 10:41 PM #55

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

I think that those in a wheelchair should always be given precedence where space has been allocated for them but I wouldn't like to see young mothers turned off buses either. I think more clarity from the bus company perhaps. This is your space 'disabled' and this is yours 'mothers'.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 01:18 PM #56

Bus drivers are now obliged to stop, get off their arse and assist mothers with prams and people in wheelchairs.

Parents who regularly use public transport should consider appropriate pushchairs and prams for their children. Most prams come apart and pushchairs fold up. Babies are light and can be lifted out and held by a parent.

Someone in a wheelchair likely can't get out, can't fold up their chair and safely take a bus seat. Instead of legs that work, they are dependent on a machines so I agree with those who think wheelchairs should take priority.
Old 22-01-2017, 02:21 PM #57
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I know this is not what you meant, but this reads as if you are calling Corbyn a chav

Funnily enough..most 'chav'vy people I know are the very same who make a show of flying england flags, hate how the 'foreigners are stealing our jobs' and set their pitbulls onto people who look a little brown.

I guess chav means something different to you and me :S
To me he is, although I was of corse referring to many of those who vote for him. In my opinion he would ruin our country if he got the chance. One of those who doesn't value our own culture and gives priority to the cultures of others with little concern for the long-term effects of his 'open-door policies' on the rest of this country.

Chav's in my book are mainly benefit claimants who make a career out of being unemployed. The are loud mouthed, rough, lazy and ignorant of others. Labour is historically more generous with handing out benefits than the Tories so therefore they are more popular with the chavs. People can often have a foot in both camps when agreeing/disagreeing with certain policies so they may or may not fly flags and set dogs on people. Chav's all the same.
Old 22-01-2017, 02:32 PM #58
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Depends on the circumstances tbh. Would you say the mother in my post above was evil? The one with a disabled child in a large pram that did not move for another disabled person just because their child was younger than the other person (who it actually turned out, could sit on a normal chair)
I think the case of the mother with a disabled child is slightly different. However in general those with buggies, big heavy prams shouldn't be allowed on buses, should move when required to do so.

Also they should not be allowed to leave pushchairs in this space when they sit somewhere else on the bus. It should be folded and put in the luggage rack. If they want their own spaces then perhaps they should campaign by chaining themselves to buses, the way wheelchair users did.

They worked hard for those spaces and the spaces were designed specifically for them. Pushchair users have very selfishly hijacked them.

Last edited by Brillopad; 22-01-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old 22-01-2017, 02:34 PM #59
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
To me he is, although I was of corse referring to many of those who vote for him. In my opinion he would ruin our country if he got the chance. One of those who doesn't value our own culture and gives priority to the cultures of others with little concern for the long-term effects of his 'open-door policies' on the rest of this country.

Chav's in my book are mainly benefit claimants who make a career out of being unemployed. The are loud mouthed, rough, lazy and ignorant of others. Labour is historically more generous with handing out benefits than the Tories so therefore they are more popular with the chavs. People can often have a foot in both camps when agreeing/disagreeing with certain policies so they may or may not fly flags and set dogs on people. Chav's all the same.
^ chav stands for council house and violent. Obviously Corbyn does not fit the bill lol. I think to most the country, chavs are seen as UKIP/Britain First/EDL supporters.. You know, the sort of people who dont have jobs and therefore support the parties that blame other people for them not having jobs etc.. Labour is more middle class to me...

Last edited by Withano; 22-01-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 02:59 PM #60
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
^ chav stands for council house and violent. Obviously Corbyn does not fit the bill lol. I think to most the country, chavs are seen as UKIP/Britain First/EDL supporters.. You know, the sort of people who dont have jobs and therefore support the parties that blame other people for them not having jobs etc.. Labour is more middle class to me...
Labour has never been middle-class - it has always been the party for the working class, originally with good intentions to create a fairer society.

Tories were more middle class and the lib-deems a mixture of both. This doesn't of course mean there isn't a mix of people in all parties but to call Labour a middle-class party is ridiculous.

Last edited by Brillopad; 22-01-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old 22-01-2017, 03:53 PM #61
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It's a tough one though... what are the options? Let's say there is already a baby in a pram in the space and a wheelchair user needs to get on. You only have two options. Put the pram in the aisle unsecure (which is dangerous), or tell the people with the pram to then get OFF the bus, potentially miles from their destination AND miles from home.

The only solution, then, is to make wheelchair spaces strictly wheelchairs only, rather than "priority".
the mothers are discriminating against the disabled here. she refused to move despite having other places she could go, whereas the wheelchair user had no option but not to travel. lot of selfish pushy mothers out there, time to get them arrested for discrimination
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 03:54 PM #62
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Labour has never been middle-class - it has always been the party for the working class, originally with good intentions to create a fairer society.

Tories were more middle class and the lib-deems a mixture of both. This doesn't of course mean there isn't a mix of people in all parties but to call Labour a middle-class party is ridiculous.
used to be 60 yrs ago now theyre all for themselves a really disgusting party. I include corbyn in that too. a man who says hes kind and caring and considerate yet would soon run the economy bankrupt and sell us out to europe and destroy our safety
Old 22-01-2017, 03:59 PM #63
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
used to be 60 yrs ago now theyre all for themselves a really disgusting party. I include corbyn in that too. a man who says hes kind and caring and considerate yet would soon run the economy bankrupt and sell us out to europe and destroy our safety
I agree. The thought of him getting into power is pretty scary, although I'm sure someone would step in if he actually tried to get rid of our military forces and nuclear weapons.

I can't believe even he is naive enough to think if we totally disarmed everyone else would do the same and the world would become one happy little family. It would of course be the end of many of us and our country would be unreconisible. Stupid man.

Last edited by Brillopad; 22-01-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old 22-01-2017, 04:13 PM #64
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I agree. The thought of him getting into power is pretty scary, although I'm sure someone would step in if he actually tried to get rid of our military forces and nuclear weapons.

I can't believe even he is naive enough to think if we totally disarmed everyone else would do the same and the world would become one happy little family. It would of course be the end of many of us and our country would be unreconisible. Stupid man.
this is a guy who wouldnt just bankrupt us , hed sell our sovereignty to europe, even though eh was against the EU for the previous 39 years? he lies about how awesome public sectors workers are, he lies about the NHS, he totally ignores the insane labour gp 2004 contract that allowed 90% of gp's to avoid all out of hours work, he ignores the fact most GP surgeries break this contract to stay open to 8pm, he ignores the mrsa rife under labour, he ignores the 2 million illegal immigrants, he ignores the 33000 terrorist murders across the globe and wants open borders, he ignores the fact population is up 10 million in 20 years and ignores the effect that has on our public services, he ignores the faact labour left us bankrupt, hed have his moronic ex lovers who hate their own country like dianne abbott in his cabinet, need I go on?
Old 22-01-2017, 06:02 PM #65
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I mean, its obviously multitudes less ridiculous than the idea of labour, and Corbyn himself being chavvy. But I agree with the rest of the post to an extent.

Last edited by Withano; 22-01-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 06:33 PM #66

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

I don't think current Labour are really working class anymore.Their values don't reflect the working class of today.They seem to more be aimed at middle class London hard left wingers.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
behaviour, buses, poor, pushchair, pushchairs, users