Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB 1 - 5 Celebrity Big Brother series 1 to 5 from 2001-2008.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:28 AM #1
Banned

Banned

Default Jade Goody, My Mum\'s Fraud Shame

Jade Goody's mum, Jackiey Budden is back in the Sunday People Newspaper and this time, she is being accused of fraud.

Here is the link & the article below:-
http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_head...name_page.html

(To activate the above link, you will have to copy & paste the entire link and then, after pasting it, move the (h) in (html), which will appear as ( h tml) instead, together, once in your browser.)

1 April 2007
JADE: MY MUM'S FRAUD SHAME
EXCLUSIVE
SHAMED Big Brother star Jade Goody has sensationally admitted her mum illegally pocketed thousands of pounds in welfare benefits while earning thousands more on TV shows.

Now Jackiey Budden, 49, who pulled in £25,000 for her one-week stint on Celebrity BB, has been forced to repay the State handouts.

And she faces being evicted from her council flat after being branded a dole cheat.

The one-arm lesbian has also been ordered to attend a medical to assess whether she should still get disability allowance when she is clearly capable of high-earning TV "work".

And to add to her woes, the foul-mouthed Cockney who has made a small fortune out of TV was clobbered last week with a £200 fine for not having a telly LICENCE.

But last night Jade, 25, desperately tried to defend her mum's benefits greed and told The People: "She made a mistake. It was never done deliberately, it was a matter of not knowing.

"Some people are educated, some people aren't. Some people don't know what to do and some people do. It was clearly by not knowing.

"However the best thing she did was paying it back.

"She's said 'Sorry I've made a mistake and I didn't realise I had to contact you. This is how I much I owe, here you go'.

"She's made a mistake, they've caught her making that mistake and she's paid the penalty."

Jackiey was quizzed by the Department for Work And Pensions after The People exclusively revealed how she had received a string of payments for TV shows and magazine and newspaper articles.

As well as Celebrity Big Brother, she has appeared in TV's Just Jade, Jade's Salon, Bo' Selecta, Davina, Extreme Makeover, 60-Minute Makeover and Friday Night Project.

But she continued to pocket £76.71 a week HOUSING BENEFIT, £126 INCOME SUPPORT a fortnight and £64 DISABILITY living allowance a month.

Under Government rules Jackiey - who has a withered arm after a motorbike crash - should have declared her earnings in case it affected her right to claim the benefits.

Now she has escaped the possibility of a court prosecution by agreeing to repay an undisclosed sum.

Jade told The People: "She's not going to court. The social security department have investigated, she's admitted her mistake and they don't find it necessary to take it any further."

But Jackiey will be reassessed by doctors to find out if her disability allowance should be cut because she can still "work".

A Department for Work and Pensions spokesman said:

"Where there is an investigation that involves disability support we will ask a doctor to carry out an assessment."

And Jackiey faces eviction from her three-bedroom council flat in Bermondsey, south London.

There is a massive shortage of council houses in the borough with thousands of needy families waiting months to be housed.

Councillor Kim Humphreys, an executive member for housing management at Southwark, said: "If people are guilty of benefit fraud they don't deserve their home. The council will be looking to repossess her property. We can go to court and get a repossession order. There's a long list of people who are in genuine need that need to be housed."

About the investigation into Jackiey's alleged dole cheating, Mr Humphreys added: "Officers said the evidence was pretty compelling and that she definitely had a case to answer."

Last night Jackiey - who has admitted cheque fraud when she was struggling to bring up Jade - was staying reluctantly at her daughter's luxury home in Essex.

Jade said: "I've offered for her to come and live up here with me but Bermondsey is her home.

"She's been staying with friends for a while because when she came out of Big Brother it all kicked off. She was having problems. She's elderly and disabled - she's vulnerable."

Since leaving the Channel 4 show which was marred by the race-hate row stirred up by Jade's attacks on Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty, Jackiey has been dogged by trouble.

In February, we revealed how she was pounced on by four Asian youths in a racist attack.

Police were also called out to her home after yobs threw stones at the ground-floor flat.

A close friend of Jackiey said: "She's been staying with friends because everyone knows where she lives and she's getting hassle.

"Jackiey tried to pretend that she wasn't bothered about the DWP investigation but she was. It definitely worried her.

"She hasn't got a clue about money and benefits and that's where she went wrong. Well, that's what she's saying anyway.

"But the problem is, she always manages to land herself in trouble. Only last week, she was due in court for not paying her TV licence. She thinks it's funny, but it's no laughing matter."

Jackiey was fined £200 with £60 costs after failing to turn up in court over the licence.

The pal added: "She doesn't want to lose her flat and deep down she is scared she will. Jackiey has always lived in Bermondsey and knows a lot of people around here.

"I don't know what she'll do if she gets kicked out because she can't go on living with friends around here forever.

"People have asked why she doesn't live with Jade, but she just won't have it.

"But I just hope she gets the matter sorted out because the council mean business when it comes to housing."

peoplenews@mgn.co.uk
nodisharmony is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:12 AM #2

"Now she has escaped the possibility of a court prosecution by agreeing to repay an undisclosed sum."

Well in my local area area a councillor was also nicked for this but actually claimed a lot less money fraudulently.

He paid it all back... and then a year later....
he was still prosecuted.

The Cult of so called celebrity strikes again.

She claimed benefits while working - claiming ignorance of the law is no defence in law.

If this was a member of joe public, living in Anytown UK and these sums of earnings and amount of benefit where applicable they would be prosecuted.

and theres plenty of stories in local papers to prove that people get to see the inside of a courtroom for a for a hell of a lot less.

Their just a family of lowlife scum
spacebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:44 AM #3

I always thought ignorance was no defence for things like this!

I doubt very much she was unaware she had to let them know, she has always struck me as being very street wise and would be pretty aware she was doing something wrong!
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:38 PM #4
Banned

Banned

Jade Goody is worth a fortune. around the 7 to 8 million mark, apparently?

Jackiey lives in a council flat and claims benefits and doesn't declare this and that.

Do you all smell a rat?

I do...

(Rich daughter)....(Council-flat mother)

Obviously, there is trouble-in-paradise and Jackiey is a person that Jade Goody can't quite work out or change either.

No rich celebrity would ever let their mother live like this, if they could more-than-afford to treat them to a lovely new house & easily pay all your mum's bills too.

But, you can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family.

Jade is stuck with Jackiey and Jackiey is stuck with Jade.

nodisharmony
nodisharmony is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
fraud, goody, jade, mum's, shame