Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:07 PM #51
You know my methods

You know my methods

Here he is looking at a map of places he is "allowed" to go to at the station
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:08 PM #52
Sod orf

Sod orf

Brief Encounter is a masterpiece of motion picture, it's so atmospheric.

It's not cool for a man's man like me to like such a film, but it's one of my all time favourites.

If you've not seen it and like film, you should watch it, this St Valentines day.

And that's all I have to say on the matter.

Last edited by Alf; 08-02-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:09 PM #53
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
incorrect its is the actual statement from the poor accused Clockwinder

so not hearsay but from the very mouth of the innocent 71 year old man
I beg your pardon then. It was indeed, equally, a bit of hearsay in a newspaper.

The point stands though, that it's a piece of hearsay in a newspaper that is fine by Livia because it confirms her predisposition to believe the testimony of "poor old men" over that of ... Others.

I mean of course, when it's a case of one person's word against another's, it's only logical to automatically believe the accused. That's just good law practice.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:12 PM #54
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I beg your pardon then. It was indeed, equally, a bit of hearsay in a newspaper.

The point stands though, that it's a piece of hearsay in a newspaper that is fine by Livia because it confirms her predisposition to believe the testimony of "poor old men" over that of ... Others.

I mean of course, when it's a case of one person's word against another's, it's only logical to automatically believe the accused. That's just good law practice.
The trust banned the man based on one accusation and did not speak to the clockwinder before sending him a solicitors letter one night

that is scurrilous and cowardly behaviour
Old 08-02-2017, 05:14 PM #55
You know my methods

You know my methods

Subsequently it is alleged that staff at the visitor centre were telling people who kept asking about the clock that it had "broken" down rather than give the real reason, shocking
Old 08-02-2017, 05:16 PM #56
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Subsequently it is alleged that staff at the visitor centre were telling people who kept asking about the clock that it had "broken" down rather than give the real reason, shocking
Well I for one am totally shocked by this LT

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:18 PM #57
-

-

Quote:
The trust banned the man based on one accusation
"Members of the trust interviewed a number of witnesses about the incident"

Ffs LT, that's from your own link. Selectively choosing to cut it out of the part you chose to quote, because it doesn't fit in with your preferred narrative, doesn't mean it's magically deleted from the article too .
Old 08-02-2017, 05:25 PM #58
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:

Ffs LT, that's from your own link. Selectively choosing to cut it out of the part you chose to quote, because it doesn't fit in with your preferred narrative, doesn't mean it's magically deleted from the article too .
so they say but they carried out this "investigation" without once speaking to the accused so draw from that what you will. They were happy enough to lie to members of the public about the clock so adding a few "extra" ear witnesses seems right up their strada.

or do you agree that he should not have been involved?
Old 08-02-2017, 05:30 PM #59
-

-

Quote:
so they say but they carried out this "investigation" without once speaking to the accused so draw from that what you will. They were happy enough to lie to members of the public about the clock so adding a few "extra" ear witnesses seems right up their strada.

or do you agree that he should not have been involved?
I agree that he should have been spoken to face to face rather than in a letter, yes. On the other hand it's a voluntary thing that he's doing and, to be frank, if he wanted to continue doing it he should have had a greater understanding of the fact that you can't expect to spout all of your views while you are representing a larger body.

Do you think I say the stuff I do on here to staff or customers at work? Nope. Because I would end up facing disciplinary action. I appreciate that coz I'm not an entitled li'l snowflake like Ol' Clock Bob.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:35 PM #60
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
I agree that he should have been spoken to face to face rather than in a letter, yes. On the other hand it's a voluntary thing that he's doing and, to be frank, if he wanted to continue doing it he should have had a greater understanding of the fact that you can't expect to spout all of your views while you are representing a larger body.

Do you think I say the stuff I do on here to staff or customers at work? Nope. Because I would end up facing disciplinary action. I appreciate that coz I'm not an entitled li'l snowflake like Ol' Clock Bob.
I would love to know what he said but i would imagine that is he was a garrulous racist he would not have lasted 13 years.

Lets see the picture and testimony of the grass and we can then judge

of wait we cant as they are somehow being protected
Old 08-02-2017, 05:47 PM #61

Thoughts?

Yes LT
showing how stupid so many are.

Leave the Old fella ALONE
POXY LEFT WINGERS
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:49 PM #62
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I do hope that if I'm ever tried by jury, no one from TiBB is ever serving. I hate it when people make conclusions with absolutely nothing to go on but a bit of hearsay in a newspaper, and that's enough to damn anyone apparently. Already this man has been tried, found guilty and is on the way to the metaphorical gallows.

"I'm offended" is fast becoming the national motto.
So it isn't okay to disbelieve his version of events because they make no sense but it's fine to believe him when it allows you to take a pop at 'PC gone mad' bull****?
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:09 PM #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Thoughts?

Yes LT
showing how stupid so many are.

Leave the Old fella ALONE
POXY LEFT WINGERS
What the hell is wrong with you?
Do you really believe its only left wing people who would be offended by racial slurs? You seriously need educating Arista.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:16 PM #64
-

-

Quote:
I would love to know what he said but i would imagine that is he was a garrulous racist he would not have lasted 13 years.
As someone who works around previously-closeted xenophobic old men all day every day, I can tell you for a fact that people who previously wouldn't have said boo to a goose are recently feeling VERY out-and-proud in their opinions when it comes to immigrants... or "spear chuckers" as one lovely old fellow who I have known for 6 years, without any previous indication of racism, recently called them.

However you want to spin it; the "out" vote at Brexit was a big neon sign to certain members of the "older generations" saying that it's now OK to rewind time back half a century and let out the decades of hateful bile that they haven't felt confident in expressing.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:19 PM #65
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
As someone who works around previously-closeted xenophobic old men all day every day, I can tell you for a fact that people who previously wouldn't have said boo to a goose are recently feeling VERY out-and-proud in their opinions when it comes to immigrants... or "spear chuckers" as one lovely old fellow who I have known for 6 years, without any previous indication of racism, recently called them.

However you want to spin it; the "out" vote at Brexit was a big neon sign to certain members of the "older generations" saying that it's now OK to rewind time back half a century and let out the decades of hateful bile that they haven't felt confident in expressing.
Or thee opposite is true and he is a lovely old man who actually remembers the Jewish children being evacuated to the UK and is appauled by the ridiculous comparisons with the economic "child" men migrants at Calais?

As any self respecting adult who knows a smidgeon about history would be.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:37 PM #66
-

-

Quote:
Or thee opposite is true and he is a lovely old man who actually remembers the Jewish children being evacuated to the UK and is appauled by the ridiculous comparisons with the economic "child" men migrants at Calais?

As any self respecting adult who knows a smidgeon about history would be.

It just doesn't seem like the most likely explanation though, does it?

Scenario A) We assume him to be a lovely old gent is having a quiet musing with a friend about history and the differences with a modern situation. Someone overhears this mild conversation, and goes out of their way to make a complaint to staff, even threatening to get the police involved because of racist abuse, simply because they are "vile" and have decided that - of all the low key racism they no doubt experience every day - this one minor incident was the one that really got to them and made them want to approach law enforcement. The company then decided to get rid of him immediately, because they are also vile and some sort of immigrant sympathisers PC gone mad PC gone mad, and even invented false witnesses as justification.

Scenario B) He was spouting obviously racist garbage, was reported, several real witnesses confirmed it and they had to let him go. He played it down to spare himself embarrassment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 08-02-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:51 PM #67
User banned

User banned

Quote:

All entirely hypothetical of course - put whatever spin on it you like but if people face as much racism as suggested why would they single out a harmless old man stuck in his ways.

Personally I feel it was the usual over-sensitive type set on making an example of anyone who dares express an opinion different to theirs. An old man was an easy target?
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:01 PM #68
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

I posted that this afternoon, it means nothing, the silly rant about nothing will rumble on regardless, any reference to courts and juries are pointless and baseless.
The trust just don't want some alf garnettesque outbursts in their visitors centres, which is perfectly acceptable.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:03 PM #69
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
All entirely hypothetical of course - put whatever spin on it you like but if people face as much racism as suggested why would they single out a harmless old man stuck in his ways.

Personally I feel it was the usual over-sensitive type set on making an example of anyone who dares express an opinion different to theirs. An old man was an easy target?
No excuse, he saw others as an easy target therefore this bleeding heart response is pointless.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:09 PM #70
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I posted that this afternoon, it means nothing, the silly rant about nothing will rumble on regardless, any reference to courts and juries are pointless and baseless.
The trust just don't want some alf garnettesque outbursts in their visitors centres, which is perfectly acceptable.
Don't you be bad mouthing Alf. He's a distinguished member of his community I'll have you know.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:09 PM #71

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

If there were other witnesses and he was loudly shouting racist abuse and not just stating his opinion in a private convo then his employers probably took the right course of action.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:17 PM #72
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
No excuse, he saw others as an easy target therefore this bleeding heart response is pointless.
Really, so you expect an old man in his seventies who grew up in a different time to move on in these progressive times but don't have the same expectation of Muslims who come here and refuse to move on from the sexist controlling ways they grew up with. Why is that no surprise!

Last edited by Brillopad; 08-02-2017 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:03 PM #73

Quote:

Oh fcuk that. When that old man approached me in the doctors he held his fist two inches from my face and the things he shouted in my face were disgusting and inexcusable. Am I supposed to excuse his actions because he's just an old man stuck in his ways?
Old 08-02-2017, 08:12 PM #74
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
Oh fcuk that. When that old man approached me in the doctors he held his fist two inches from my face and the things he shouted in my face were disgusting and inexcusable. Am I supposed to excuse his actions because he's just an old man stuck in his ways?
No, that sounds different as he was being physically threatening. However the way that made you feel makes it difficult to remain unbiased on this in my opinion.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:15 PM #75
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Really, so you expect an old man in his seventies who grew up in a different time to move on in these progressive times but don't have the same expectation of Muslims who come here and refuse to move on from the sexist controlling ways they grew up with. Why is that no surprise!
Yes my mother is in her 80s and she wouldn't dream voicing such ignorant views...
I do have an expectation for EVERYONE to follow the law as well as the codes of conduct for the organisations they represent.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
accused, banned, clockwinder, family, racism, station, vile