Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 13-02-2017, 12:48 PM #1
You know my methods

You know my methods

Default More than 50 million Muslims are willing to support those who carry out terror attack

More than 50 million Muslims are willing to support those who carry out terror attacks to defend their religion, migration expert warns the EU
  • Professor Ruud Koopmans of the Netherlands warned the EU on Monday to block the entry of any refugees whose identity cannot be categorically confirmed
  • Koopmans said of the 1billion adult Muslims in the world, half are conservative
  • He claimed that of these 500million conservative Muslims, at least – and probably more – than 50million are willing to sanction violence
  • The migration researcher stressed that not every one of them was ready to exert violence directly

A migration expert warns that there are more than 50 million Muslims willing to accept violence and support those who carry out terror attacks to defend their religion.

Professor Ruud Koopmans of the Netherlands warned the EU on Monday to block the entry of any refugees whose identity cannot be categorically confirmed.

Koopmans said that of the 1billion adult Muslims in the world, 'half of them are attached to an arch-conservative Islam which places little worth on the rights of women, homosexuals, and people of other faiths'.

In an interview with a German news website he claimed that of these 500million conservative Muslims, at least – and probably more – than 50million are willing to sanction violence.

The migration researcher stressed that not every one of them was ready to exert violence directly.

But he added: 'They support the radicals, they encourage them and provide them shelter or simply keep their mouths shut when they observe radicalization.'

He says he considers his own estimate of 50million 'an understatement', citing studies that show eight per cent of German Muslims agreed to the use of violence against 'Infidels,' while in his own country 11 per cent of Muslims agreed with the statement: 'There are situations in which it is acceptable for me from the perspective of my religion, that I use violence'.

In several Islamic countries, 14 per cent of local Muslims think suicide attacks against innocents are 'sometimes' or 'often' justified to defend Islam, said Koopmans, citing a study by the US-based Pew Research Center.

I'm very conservative with my estimate of 50million violent Muslims,' added Professor Koopmans.

The expert sees a 'clear difference' between anti-Islam baiting and justified criticism of Islam.

He went on: 'There is nothing wrong with foreign cultures, as long as they are looking for the connection to the majority in society and actually enrich our countries.

'But those who are here to spread their medieval beliefs, which are unfortunately widespread in Islamic countries, must be met with zero tolerance'.

He stressed that the EU should be much more careful to let suspected Islamists have uncontrolled travel to and within Europe.

He sad refugees and migrants should be placed initially in transit zones, 'as long as their identity is unclear'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-message-field

Shocking
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 12:52 PM #2
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

You can get killed in your own house by one of your own kids.
This day in day out mud throwing at muslims is getting old fast.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 12:54 PM #3
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
I may take issue with your first point

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 12:55 PM #4
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

I want hard proof not just hear say

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 12:58 PM #5
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
I may take issue with your first point

You can take what you want from my post
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 01:15 PM #6
-

-

If there are 50 million ready to support violence to defend their religion if they feel like it is under attack, I think the best course of action is probably to make them feel like they're under attack.

Q: What percentage of Christians would be willing to endorse violence to defend Christianity if they felt like it was under attack?

Hypothetical A: probably at least 5%.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 01:18 PM #7
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

A migration expert needs a valid source. Does he have one. no? Was an extensive survey ever carried out? No. Did he -literally- mean half of all Muslims? No, even the smaller studies suggested a maximum of 14% (we should see those studies before we take that figure seriously). Did the daily mail trick you with an anti-muslim clickbait title. Yeh Soz, theyre grateful for the ad revenue though.

Last edited by Withano; 13-02-2017 at 01:20 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 01:42 PM #8
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Sounds legit tbh.

But then the vast underfunding of education in these countries is the primary problem, as is true with much of southern Asia/much of Africa. I'd be willing to stake that most extreme branches of Islam thrive off of intimidation and removing or heavily restricting what children (let alone female children) are taught.

For every example of us showing welcome in times of refuge, there needs to be a more concerted effort to educate (but that's not going to take importance over the US' need to sell them weapons I suppose).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 01:49 PM #9
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Great post, Shaun.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 01:52 PM #10
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
I want hard proof not just hear say
Proof i live in a muslim majority country and when they get control they tend to get very vile.

Western left wing people need to understand that half of the muslims are bad people with vile beliefs.

I stand against when muslim people get bullied for being muslim or they do not get enterance just because they are muslim. Everyone deserves to have same amount of rights, we are all humans. However european countries should be very very careful who they are letting into their countries and not take people if they dont know their identities.

I will talk about this every time the subject opens up because it is a very important subject to me and i realise you guys have very good intentions when you are supporting them but these people victimise themselves and then when they are in control they destroy everyone who have a different opinion.

As i said easily half of the muslims do not have good intentions and lots of muslims would agree with me on this issue. In the ideal world everyone from all kinds of backgrounds should live in peace with love but at this time we should be careful.

For the violence thing.. These people attack their own minority groups in their own countries, how you can be sure that they wont supports the attacks on other religions?
Old 13-02-2017, 01:53 PM #11
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Sounds legit tbh.

But then the vast underfunding of education in these countries is the primary problem, as is true with much of southern Asia/much of Africa. I'd be willing to stake that most extreme branches of Islam thrive off of intimidation and removing or heavily restricting what children (let alone female children) are taught.

For every example of us showing welcome in times of refuge, there needs to be a more concerted effort to educate (but that's not going to take importance over the US' need to sell them weapons I suppose).
The problem there is though, it doesn't explain why Western-educated people, and in fact many entirely westernised socially (you see old pictures of them with diverse groups of friends / playing playstation and listening to music like any other teen) are able to be targeted and radicalised. There has to be much more to it.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 01:56 PM #12
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Yup, old and boring.
Wasn't the sun hauled over the coals for these fake 'polls'?
Old 13-02-2017, 05:15 PM #13
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
The problem there is though, it doesn't explain why Western-educated people, and in fact many entirely westernised socially (you see old pictures of them with diverse groups of friends / playing playstation and listening to music like any other teen) are able to be targeted and radicalised. There has to be much more to it.
True, but these seem to usually suggest some kind of sociopath tendencies and perhaps it's just the trendier version of grabbing a gun and shooting up the school. Sounds more exciting if you're getting on the news. Grooming I suppose would come into it too, what with those three girls who flew off to Syria last year (or was it the year before?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 05:26 PM #14

Anyone who uses religion as an acceptable excuse to commit violence is cowardly scum.
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 05:28 PM #15
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjuniper View Post
Anyone who uses religion as an acceptable excuse to commit violence is cowardly scum.
Indeed. It is not religion that creates the violence, but it gets blamed. If there were no religions, it would just be something else being blamed. Some people are just dickheads...no reason needed
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 05:34 PM #16
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelihV View Post
Proof i live in a muslim majority country and when they get control they tend to get very vile.

Western left wing people need to understand that half of the muslims are bad people with vile beliefs.

I stand against when muslim people get bullied for being muslim or they do not get enterance just because they are muslim. Everyone deserves to have same amount of rights, we are all humans. However european countries should be very very careful who they are letting into their countries and not take people if they dont know their identities.

I will talk about this every time the subject opens up because it is a very important subject to me and i realise you guys have very good intentions when you are supporting them but these people victimise themselves and then when they are in control they destroy everyone who have a different opinion.

As i said easily half of the muslims do not have good intentions and lots of muslims would agree with me on this issue. In the ideal world everyone from all kinds of backgrounds should live in peace with love but at this time we should be careful.

For the violence thing.. These people attack their own minority groups in their own countries, how you can be sure that they wont supports the attacks on other religions?
Again a very good post MelihV
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 05:34 PM #17
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I will talk about this every time the subject opens up because it is a very important subject to me and i realise you guys have very good intentions when you are supporting them but these people victimise themselves and then when they are in control they destroy e
veryone who have a different opinion.

Heartfelt post from someone who lives in Turkey, read and digest.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 05:43 PM #18
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Again a very good post MelihV
Will he be called a bigot and a racist
Old 13-02-2017, 05:52 PM #19
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Only by fools and those who only hear what they want to hear!
Old 13-02-2017, 07:23 PM #20
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That would be the stupidest thing

I could go on for pages after pages but the point is that you guys are against a bunch of people will never be happy enough after everything you do for them. It happened here, it will happen there as well. I care about this society because this society has a place for everyone regardless of their colour, race, sexuality, gender, religion.
Old 13-02-2017, 07:28 PM #21
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That would be the stupidest thing

I could go on for pages after pages but the point is that you guys are against a bunch of people will never be happy enough after everything you do for them. It happened here, it will happen there as well. I care about this society because this society has a place for everyone regardless of their colour, race, sexuality, gender, religion.

I hear you Meli. ,I hope other people on this forum who won't hear a word said against Islam and some of its followers hear you too, but I fear your posts will be overlooked
Old 13-02-2017, 08:02 PM #22
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I hear you Meli. ,I hope other people on this forum who won't hear a word said against Islam and some of its followers hear you too, but I fear your posts will be overlooked
Who are these 'other people'? I don't know ANYONE on this forum who won't have a word said against Islam Cherie.
So enlighten me please, I watched the vid in the link and that flies in the face of the premis in the OP, as the French Muslim seemed pretty seriously against extremism within his faith, as did the millions who marched last November.
Old 13-02-2017, 08:03 PM #23

Quote:

Do you mind if I ask what religion you are?
Also, you suggest that half the Muslims in your country are vile. Is that the Sunni half or the Shiite half?
Old 13-02-2017, 08:43 PM #24

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

10 percent is not an unrealistic number.It actually seems kind of low tbh.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 04:33 AM #25
User banned

User banned

Draft article

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
Do you mind if I ask what religion you are?
Also, you suggest that half the Muslims in your country are vile. Is that the Sunni half or the Shiite half?
The suggestion being that they his/ her opinions are based on what type of Muslims they are and therefore bias. Very weak!!! That would of course work both ways.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
50, attack, carry, million, muslims, support, terror