Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 24-03-2017, 06:53 PM #51
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
You're kidding right? I voted for Brexit, my husband voted for Brexit and neither of us think there is a problem with immigration. If I'd voted for Brexit because I was naive enough to think immigration would be eased, I'd be looking pretty foolish ten years down the line from now.

Believe it or not, a lot of politically minded intelligent folk voted for Brexit and the grotesque rantings of Farage and Hopkins had nothing to do with it.
Believe it or not a lot of politically-minded, intelligent folk voted for Brexit because they did see a problem with immigration, most are aware of that, and the grotesque rantings of many Muslims had everything to do with it.

I guess we will see in ten years won't we.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 06:55 PM #52
-

-

I would think (hope) that even most of those who did vote because of immigration wouldn't agree with the trash that comes out of Hopkins' beak. You don't have to support her just because she's on "team brexit", you know.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 08:26 PM #53
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):

I can't stand Katie Hopkins, however, this is the one occasion where I actually agree with what she said. She has said what many people are thinking but are too afraid to for fear of offending

Me
Tozzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 08:29 PM #54
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

A lot = 2
Influential = Nigel Farage and Katie Hopkins.

K.
Old 24-03-2017, 08:30 PM #55
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
A lot = 2
That's Trump's education system for ya

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 08:32 PM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
I can't stand Katie Hopkins, however, this is the one occasion where I actually agree with what she said. She has said what many people are thinking but are too afraid to for fear of offending
What exactly did she say that was true?
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 08:34 PM #57
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Quote:
She has said what many people are thinking
She said that she was a massive arsewipe? Props to her!

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 08:39 PM #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I don't doubt you did for good and just reasons, although with the conservatives in charge imo that was not a wise move.
I fear they orchestrated the entire thing to rid us of regulations and rights.
It's not a popular theory, but it's mine
I see the EU as the core of neoliberal politics and because Britain is the essence of what the EU was founded on, for too long it hasn't had to answer for its own poor politics. Nobody was questioning 'austerity' and as you and I both know Kizzy, 'austerity is a big con. Without the EU, we can at last hold the Tory government to account. Already the Lords are taking more notice of public opinion and May is, at least so far, treading very carefully.

Cameron was the leading force behind the transatlantic trade deals and without him behind that driving wheel, those deals quickly fell under a bus.

As for immigrants, what scapegoaters fail to consider is the Łbillions brought into this economy from immigration alone... without immigrants, we would become both insular and poorer. What people don't get is, if we want to
reduce migrant labour, we need to also reduce our need for migrant labour. But anyway, the only immigrants affected by Brexit are those who are members of the European Union. It makes not a scrap of difference to the Africans, Orientals, Arabs or Middle Easterns...for them it will be a visa application as usual. Having worked with immigrants from people outside of the EU, I have a full understanding of the tough process these immigrants have to go through if they want to live and work in the UK. That won't change. We have never had open borders for anyone outside the EU and its doubtful we ever will.
Old 24-03-2017, 08:40 PM #59
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
A lot = 2
Influential = Nigel Farage and Katie Hopkins.

K.
Some seem very rattled by 2 people.
Old 24-03-2017, 09:03 PM #60
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I see the EU as the core of neoliberal politics and because Britain is the essence of what the EU was founded on, for too long it hasn't had to answer for its own poor politics. Nobody was questioning 'austerity' and as you and I both know Kizzy, 'austerity is a big con. Without the EU, we can at last hold the Tory government to account. Already the Lords are taking more notice of public opinion and May is, at least so far, treading very carefully.

Cameron was the leading force behind the transatlantic trade deals and without him behind that driving wheel, those deals quickly fell under a bus.

As for immigrants, what scapegoaters fail to consider is the Łbillions brought into this economy from immigration alone... without immigrants, we would become both insular and poorer. What people don't get is, if we want to
reduce migrant labour, we need to also reduce our need for migrant labour. But anyway, the only immigrants affected by Brexit are those who are members of the European Union. It makes not a scrap of difference to the Africans, Orientals, Arabs or Middle Easterns...for them it will be a visa application as usual. Having worked with immigrants from people outside of the EU, I have a full understanding of the tough process these immigrants have to go through if they want to live and work in the UK. That won't change. We have never had open borders for anyone outside the EU and its doubtful we ever will.
Oh there's no doubt austerity is a myth, I'm confused as to why if cameron wanted TTIP he advocated remain?
Thing is too if we leave the EU with no deal and have to take a seat in the WTO is that not signing up for TTIP with not only the EU but the world?...

We had issue with the free movement attatched to the EU, what if we are forced to trade with free movement from other countries? Ones we don't share religions, cultures, customs or basic human rights with?

I really don't think there has been enough forward thinking.
Old 24-03-2017, 10:36 PM #61
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Believe it or not a lot of politically-minded, intelligent folk voted for Brexit because they did see a problem with immigration, most are aware of that, and the grotesque rantings of many Muslims had everything to do with it.

I guess we will see in ten years won't we.
source?
Old 25-03-2017, 10:59 AM #62

Quote:
Oh there's no doubt austerity is a myth, I'm confused as to why if cameron wanted TTIP he advocated remain?
Europe or should I say, European governments were as much for this trade deal as Cameron. It was only France who was still against carving up the free market but this proposed deal was quickly gaining prominence within our EU neoliberal theocracy…. This was an EU-US trade deal and regardless of public apposition, past experience proves there was nothing we could do about what the EU were scheming under the cover of darkness.
Quote:
Thing is too if we leave the EU with no deal and have to take a seat in the WTO is that not signing up for TTIP with not only the EU but the world?...
New and complex deals have to be made and adjusted to suit everyone but we don't want TTIP or its ugly sister, the CETA Treaty. These deals were the lubricant needed to finalize the selling off British assets like the NHS. People claim, if it wasn't for Trump we would of gone ahead regardless but a stand alone Britain would have had enormous difficulty securing itself in such massive trade deal because of its size and complexities.

For too long, our governments have been selling off anything that isn't nailed down.

Quote:
We had issue with the free movement attatched to the EU, what if we are forced to trade with free movement from other countries? Ones we don't share religions, cultures, customs or basic human rights with?

I really don't think there has been enough forward thinking.
I think a lot of people are confused re-free movement. Europeans have always brought vast wealth into Britain and its not the Europeans who's traditions and way of life don't work in harmony with ours... (according to some). I like free movement within our European borders but then I've used those open borders to my own advantage too. I have though, had my identity/visa and right of travel heavily scrutinized when visiting lands outside the EU; just as those outside the EU have when visiting Britain

Sorry, I'm wandering away from your question. I don't believe free movement for trade deals outside of Europe will happen anytime soon. I would hate to think Americans could just walk in on an ID card!! We heavily rely on immigration, we always will and so regardless of what people believe, little will change on that score.

Last edited by DemolitionRed; 25-03-2017 at 11:01 AM.
DemolitionRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 12:02 PM #63
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I don't doubt you did for good and just reasons, although with the conservatives in charge imo that was not a wise move.
I fear they orchestrated the entire thing to rid us of regulations and rights.
It's not a popular theory, but it's mine
Unlikely, if Boris had hopped aboard the remain bus the UK wouldn't be brexiting, the Torys were as astounded as anyone by the result, at any rate the Torys won't be in power for ever so regulations and rights removed can be reinstated by the next government if they do remove any, that's if we do ever see a credible shadow party to challenge the Torys at the next election
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 07:25 PM #64
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Unlikely, if Boris had hopped aboard the remain bus the UK wouldn't be brexiting, the Torys were as astounded as anyone by the result, at any rate the Torys won't be in power for ever so regulations and rights removed can be reinstated by the next government if they do remove any, that's if we do ever see a credible shadow party to challenge the Torys at the next election
You'll have to hope for a splinter group, they would no doubt have your full support?
Old 25-03-2017, 08:14 PM #65
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You'll have to hope for a splinter group, they would no doubt have your full support?
anything would be better than your lot at the moment
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 12:26 PM #66
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):

Enoch Powell was a very wise man, I wish the people had listened to him. I've said it before and I'll say it again Multiculturalism was and is never going to work, sad but true. Maybe off topic a bit but at one time the Spanish welcomed the Brits who went to live in their country but now the young people of Spain are resenting the Brits being there. I lived in Spain for 2 years and saw how the Brits had their own large communities, few chose to live among the Spanish. If we all lived in our own countries there wouldn't be half as much fighting and hatred that goes on but of course we all know people move to different countries to try better their lives and some people are fleeing their own countries to get away from danger. What is the answer? I have no idea. I wish we could all live side by side in peace as people but religious beliefs gets in the way of peace. Quite ridiculous really considering God is supposed to be about peace.

Me
Old 26-03-2017, 12:29 PM #67
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
What exactly did she say that was true?
The truth, if you listen to her but some people with closed minds and ears will choose not to hear what she is saying

Me
Old 26-03-2017, 12:51 PM #68
-

-

Quote:
The truth, if you listen to her but some people with closed minds and ears will choose not to hear what she is saying
It's difficult to understand what she's saying because she says all of it with such a massive sneer, that it just comes out as a hideous drone.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 03:23 PM #69

Why would anyone want to listen to Hopkins. I'm all for uncensored speech but when all she has to offer is racism, there's no point taking any notice of her. This vile woman has made her fortune, for at least a good nine years, trolling newspaper columns with unbridled bigotry and we are supposed to take notice of what she has to say?!?
Old 26-03-2017, 03:32 PM #70
Banned

Banned

Quote:
She says anything that will get her noticed, bigoted people like her because she makes them feel validated and the controversy from the hate she generates from everyone else guarantees she'll remain in the spotlight and making money while she's at it.

She doesn't speak truth, she tells you what you want to hear and anything that can get her attention.

Last edited by Tom4784; 26-03-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 03:44 PM #71
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Why would anyone want to listen to Hopkins. I'm all for uncensored speech but when all she has to offer is racism, there's no point taking any notice of her. This vile woman has made her fortune, for at least a good nine years, trolling newspaper columns with unbridled bigotry and we are supposed to take notice of what she has to say?!?
Because racism seems to be back in fashion lately

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 03:47 PM #72

Quote:
Why have you ignored my question?
I asked what did she say that was true?
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 03:57 PM #73

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Well don't mean to butt in here,but she did say people pretend they are not scared,but in truth they are,that IS the truth,whether it is justified or not,I fear for my kids in the future and wonder what they will have to live through,say if Sharia law ever got hold,how would my daughter fare ? people may say it will never happen,but how many times has that been said only to leave us with egg on our face,I am all for multi culturism,but I am against people coming here and trying to force their way of living on us ,and take away ours,I don't care what colour they are,but some peoples cultures are far from how I want to live and want my kids to live,so yes she is right,people can stand up and say we will never be beaten and we are not scared,get behind closed doors a lot of people are both. Hope you are well Marsh

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 04:29 PM #74
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Amongst other things I believe she said that instead of escaping their issues by coming to the West they simply bring their problems and religious hatreds for each other here creating ghettos and tensions on British streets.

That is true, we see it on our streets. What the hell is the point of them coming here if they are going to bring all that c**p with them. We don't want or need it here.

Last edited by Brillopad; 26-03-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 26-03-2017, 04:37 PM #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Because racism seems to be back in fashion lately
And its starting to feel, at least on here, like its taking over.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
brits, lot, multiculturalism, night, television, trashed, uk