Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 24-04-2017, 11:27 AM #51
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
No, because you're not a Tory supporter, you're a Labour supporter... making the massive assumption that no one working class or living in a council house ever voted Tory.
I pity anyone that does because voting Tory when you are of the working class is pretty much shooting yourself in the foot.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 11:33 AM #52
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
He could offer me an ell expenses-paid month in the Maldives and I still wouldn't vote for him.
A serious point I'd like to ask you.

It is clear you are never likely to be a supporter of Labour, you do however in the past have expressed admiration for conviction politicians,even as to Tony Benn.

My reading for myself and where I stand now,I actually like many of Corbyn's policies and would like many retained by the leader that follows him.
I also accept that Corbyn is not registering yet with voters he badly needs.

Looking at the Labour party,and you have as strong,if not stronger than me,interest in govt. and politics.
I have come at last to the question,(you know what I'm like),a voter of your standing,while never likely voting Labour yourself.
Who in the current Labour set up could probably bring you to a more neutral feeling as to electoral success for Labour.

I can name several Conservative MPs,I could find myself happy with them winning and being PM.
For me in Labour someone of the style and stature of Dan Jarvis,I'd like to see in the future as a possible leader.

Anyway,I thought I'd ask as Labour needs to start talking to and listening to voters,they may even prefer not to in my view,to find the right and winning way forward again.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 11:38 AM #53
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
No, because you're not a Tory supporter, you're a Labour supporter... making the massive assumption that no one working class or living in a council house ever voted Tory.
Seeing as mine is a conservative borough then you would be wrong on that sorry. Your assumption that I'm not aware of this is way off.
Old 24-04-2017, 12:04 PM #54
Adios

Adios

I'd rather do away with our current bank holidays than have Labour in charge

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 03:16 PM #55
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserSince2005 View Post
considering people who vote labour dont work, i do not see the point in this policy.
Oh please....get real

Me
Tozzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 06:14 PM #56
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post

It is clear you are never likely to be a supporter of Labour, you do however in the past have expressed admiration for conviction politicians,even as to Tony Benn.

My reading for myself and where I stand now,I actually like many of Corbyn's policies and would like many retained by the leader that follows him.

Looking at the Labour party,and you have as strong,if not stronger than me,interest in govt. and politics.
I have come at last to the question,(you know what I'm like),a voter of your standing,while never likely voting Labour yourself.
Who in the current Labour set up could probably bring you to a more neutral feeling as to electoral success for Labour.

I can name several Conservative MPs,I could find myself happy with them winning and being PM.
For me in Labour someone of the style and stature of Dan Jarvis,I'd like to see in the future as a possible leader.

Anyway,I thought I'd ask as Labour needs to start talking to and listening to voters,they may even prefer not to in my view,to find the right and winning way forward again.
nia griffiths will be the next leader
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 06:19 PM #57

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Quote:

Hilary Benn would make a good leader, even though he and I don't really agree on Brexit.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 09:50 PM #58
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Hilary Ben is the next blair, he sabotaged Milliband at the debates in Leeds during the GE.
Old 25-04-2017, 10:53 AM #59
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I pity anyone that does because voting Tory when you are of the working class is pretty much shooting yourself in the foot.
Werll, that's your opinion, Dezzy. It doesn't reduce the fact that working class peoplke, thinking people, intelligent people... disagree.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 10:56 AM #60
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Seeing as mine is a conservative borough then you would be wrong on that sorry. Your assumption that I'm not aware of this is way off.
I said your local candidate would not be relying on your vote. Y ou tried to twist it and say your Council House vote is not worthy... You've got quite a lot of mileage out of that comment now. How I miss grown up debate.
Old 25-04-2017, 11:01 AM #61
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:

That's a fair question joey. I am an admirer of Hilary Ben, just like I was an admirer of his father. I feel that both of them have an integrity that I just don't see in Corbyn. Also, I have voted Labour in the past, when I lived in London I voted a couple of times for Stephen Timms, a very hard-working MP. I remember frequently coming back to East Ham on a late train to see Stephen Timms working away quietly in the corner. I also voted for my local Christian vicar as a Parish councillor because he was committed and fair.
Old 25-04-2017, 11:44 AM #62
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Werll, that's your opinion, Dezzy. It doesn't reduce the fact that working class peoplke, thinking people, intelligent people... disagree.
They obviously aren't thinking if they are working class and voting Tory given how the Tories are adamant on privatising everything and cutting public services funding.

It's the working class that loses out in a Tory government and we've seen it happen time and time again in the past few years alone.

Last edited by Tom4784; 25-04-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 12:13 PM #63
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That's a fair question joey. I am an admirer of Hilary Ben, just like I was an admirer of his father. I feel that both of them have an integrity that I just don't see in Corbyn. Also, I have voted Labour in the past, when I lived in London I voted a couple of times for Stephen Timms, a very hard-working MP. I remember frequently coming back to East Ham on a late train to see Stephen Timms working away quietly in the corner. I also voted for my local Christian vicar as a Parish councillor because he was committed and fair.
Thank you for that.
I respect stephen Timms too.

It's interesting to know who in politics can pull in respect.
Many politicians,probably the majority all mean well and want to change things for the better if they get a chance to.

Hilary Benn does seem to cut through with people of all political persuasions, 2 including yourself,have mentioned him.
I find a lot more off here warm to him too.

Interesting.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 12:51 PM #64
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Im starting to feel like this election, for most people, is choosing between a poorer leader with better policies, or a better leader with worser policies. I just dont understand why theyre choosing 5 years of worser policies for the sake of one mans personality.

Last edited by Withano; 25-04-2017 at 12:53 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 01:24 PM #65

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

1 fact i can add is i am far better off financiaĺly under the torys than i ever was under labour.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 02:43 PM #66
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
They obviously aren't thinking if they are working class and voting Tory given how the Tories are adamant on privatising everything and cutting public services funding.

It's the working class that loses out in a Tory government and we've seen it happen time and time again in the past few years alone.
That is student union politics for children and its simply untrue

labour babktupted the economy and treasury so there was no money left for all the free handouts labour voters demand. They live in cloud cuckoo land where money is wasted, gold is sold cheap, mps are paid off by corporations who labour let off their taxes, they sold us out to europe, the signed a 400 page EU constitution with 10000s of laws that strangled all small businesses...they allowed the population rise by nearly 10 million in 13 years...they encouraged breeding for benefits, debts went up, employment went down...they spent billions on illegal wars too ....they doubled/trebled the wages of council ceo's and hospital doctors....but allowed all GP doctors to opt out of out of hours work. Thus putting all the workload on hospital doctors instead. Theyre a bunch of hypocritical failures. oh and anyone who questioned their insane masterplan was called a sexist racist etc etc
Old 25-04-2017, 02:43 PM #67
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Im starting to feel like this election, for most people, is choosing between a poorer leader with better policies, or a better leader with worser policies. I just dont understand why theyre choosing 5 years of worser policies for the sake of one mans personality.
worser doesnt exist
Old 25-04-2017, 02:44 PM #68
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Good post , great to see someone with an open and VERY intelligent mind
Old 25-04-2017, 02:45 PM #69
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
1 fact i can add is i am far better off financiaĺly under the torys than i ever was under labour.
Nearly everyone is, especially those who actually work ...Though VAT is a massive issue that teresa may must put to bed
Old 25-04-2017, 03:15 PM #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
Good post , great to see someone with an open and VERY intelligent mind
Yeah, why don't you try it sometime!
Old 25-04-2017, 03:18 PM #71

Quote:
Nearly everyone is, especially those who actually work ...Though VAT is a massive issue that teresa may must put to bed
You just make siht up as you go along.
Old 25-04-2017, 03:29 PM #72
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
You just make siht up as you go along.
oh you swore how impressive...did you think that up yourself or did the trade union write that for you
Old 25-04-2017, 03:35 PM #73

you know, I'm alright jock. Husband runs a cash rich business. I don't need to work but I choose to because I consider my work a hobby. We have a very nice home in a prime part of inner London for a mere pittance. We ski in the French and Italian Alps in the winter and travel the globe to different climbing destinations in the summer. To top it all we will both get a whopping inheritance at some point on the future... so why the hell would I support Labour politics? I mean, I'm alright jock!

Short answer... we have kids who are growing into young adults and I don't like watching our present government fcuk them over.
Old 25-04-2017, 03:36 PM #74

Quote:
oh you swore how impressive...did you think that up yourself or did the trade union write that for you
I swear a lot when I'm angry but I'm not allowed to on here because of the PC brigade.
Old 25-04-2017, 04:00 PM #75
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I said your local candidate would not be relying on your vote. Y ou tried to twist it and say your Council House vote is not worthy... You've got quite a lot of mileage out of that comment now. How I miss grown up debate.
Er... soon to be ex council home actually

If you want grown up debate then treat others on the forum with a bit of respect your patronising tones are wearing mighty thin.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bank, extra, holidays