Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 15-05-2017, 05:38 PM #1
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Default Outraged Conservatives on Social Media want to boycott ABC for cancelling Tim Allen's

Show Last Man Standing.

Quote:
Outraged conservatives on social media call for boycott of ABC after TV network cancels highly rated sitcom Last Man Standing starring pro-Trump actor Tim Allen

Last week, ABC announced it would not renew Last Man Standing for 7th season
Sitcom starring Tim Allen was network's second most watched comedy
Allen's character is a pro-Trump conservative and quintessential 'man's man'
Allen has criticized Hollywood for marginalizing right-leaning actors
The hashtag #BoycottABC was trending on Twitter on Monday
ABC is facing calls from angry conservatives on social media to boycott the television network on Monday after it was learned that a popular sitcom starring right-leaning actor Tim Allen was canceled.

The hashtag #BoycottABC was trending on Twitter Monday in response to the network’s decision not to renew Last Man Standing for a seventh season, even though it is one of ABC’s most highly rated shows.

Last Man Standing is a comedy that tells the story of the main protagonist, Mike Baxter, played by Allen.

Baxter is ‘the quintessential man’s man’ known for his old-fashioned views.

A devout Christian and outspoken political conservative who supported Donald Trump, Baxter works at a sporting good retailer, Outdoor Man, which sells guns, jerky, and camouflage recliners, according to Google.
Baxter’s life is thrown into upheaval when his wife, played by Nancy Travis, goes back to work, forcing him to assume some of the parental responsibilities.

Last Man Standing, which aired Friday at 8pm, was the second most watched comedy this season, drawing 8.1million viewers, according to Deadline.

The only sitcom that drew more viewers was another ABC hit, Modern Family.
Last Man Standing was the third most watched scripted series on ABC behind Grey’s Anatomy and Modern Family.

In March, Allen appeared on The Jimmy Kimmel Show, during which he accused Hollywood of behaving like ‘1930s Germany’ for actors who express views that are outside of the liberal mainstream.
‘You’ve gotta be real careful around here,’ said Allen, 63, who is best known for his 1990s sit-com Home Improvement.

‘You get beat up if you don’t believe what everybody believes.

‘This is like ’30s Germany.

‘I don’t know what happened. If you’re not part of the group, “You know what we believe is right”, I go, “Well, I might have a problem with that”.’

Conservative viewers believe that those remarks were what led ABC brass not to renew the show for another season.

Some have also speculated that the reason for the cancelation is that Robert Iger, the chairman and CEO of ABC’s parent company, The Walt Disney Company, is mulling a run for president as a Democrat in 2020.
In March, Iger told The Hollywood Reporter that ‘a lot of people’ have been urging him to make a run for the Democratic Party’s nomination.

The theory being bandied about in conservative circles online is that Iger wants to curry favor with liberals and shift programming on ABC leftward.

Whatever the explanation is, conservative Twitter is unhappy.

'My favorite show "Last Man Standing" has been canceled by liberal ABC,' tweeted Stacy Bolton. 'I hope all 8.1million viewers join #BoycottABC, I am. What a shame'.

Philip Schuyler tweeted: 'ABC, you canceled stronger (right-leaning) "Last Man Standing" while keeping weaker (left-leaning) "Modern Family". FU, thought police'.

Mary Popish accused ABC of 'ending a conservative TV show because you don't agree with it'.

MailOnline has reached out to ABC for comment.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ott-calls.html

What are your thoughts on this? I personally didn't like the show, but if it's popular why cancel it? It's bad business.

And yes I'm in a debate mood today so I can understand if I piss you all off by the end of today.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 05:45 PM #2
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

Triggered?

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 07:40 PM #3
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
Triggered?
They sure were, that's why they cancelled it.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
abc, allen, boycott, cancelling, conservatives, media, outraged, social, tim