Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 10-06-2017, 01:30 PM #26
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It's a good thing you'll never know power then isn't it? Such a clause is plain silly, what would be your suggestion for all the children that would likely find their way into the system because their parents aren't ready to be parents or are incapable of doing so due to various circumstances? What about unfit parents that would keep the child? If you get rid of abortion then the system will become flooded and cases of abuse and neglect would likely skyrocket.

The idea of illegalising abortion is barbaric and short sighted.
If you dont want a child use contraception or dont have sex simply

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:33 PM #27
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
If you dont want a child use contraception or dont have sex simply
Good solutions there, when are you running for office?

Contraception is not 100% safe and the idea of people not having sex to appease a man who wants to remove the option of choice away from women is just plain silly.

The abortion laws are not broken, stop trying to fix them.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:35 PM #28
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Good solutions there, when are you running for office?

Contraception is not 100% safe and the idea of people not having sex to appease a man who wants to remove the option of choice away from women is just plain silly.

The abortion laws are not broken, stop trying to fix them.
There is also a morning after pill.

Abortions are use as a way to not have safe sex because the nhs will help you get rid of the child anyway.

Unless its a better reason then i dont want a child they should not be entitled to one

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 10-06-2017, 01:40 PM #29
Banned

Banned

Quote:

Abortions are use as a way to not have safe sex because the nhs will help you get rid of the child anyway.

Unless its a better reason then i dont want a child they should not be entitled to one
Well that's hypocritical for a start, why is the morning after pill fine but not abortion?

You don't really understand abortion and the effect it can have on people, do you? It's rarely a case of 'oh, I got knocked up, time to get an abo-bo!' An abortion is a difficult choice to make and can often have a lasting effect on women who choose to have one. It is never an easy choice and most people would not consider it just another form of contraception.

At the end of the day, you are just another man trying to tell women what they can or can't do with their own bodies.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:42 PM #30
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well that's hypocritical for a start, why is the morning after pill fine but not abortion?

You don't really understand abortion and the effect it can have on people, do you? It's rarely a case of 'oh, I got knocked up, time to get an abo-bo!' An abortion is a difficult choice to make and can often have a lasting effect on women who choose to have one. It is never an easy choice and most people would not consider it just another form of contraception.

At the end of the day, you are just another man trying to tell women what they can or can't do with their own bodies.
How are you as a mod allowed to get away with saying stuff like this but ban any you dont like who says similar?

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 10-06-2017, 01:42 PM #31
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tregard View Post
Aligning yourself with the DUP to save your own hide is not a necessity

FWIW, "people opposed to the DUP" is just people with morals and common sense
Any party aligning with the extreme and uncompromising DUP are wrong in my view.

This Party helps keep ashes of the troubles in Northern Ireland recalled.
They moan the orange marchers cannot get to March down some Catholic areas, which denies them their near 'baiting' activities.

I detest the DUP, they are a rigid dinosaur parry stuck in some belief of religious hardline attitudes and intolerance.

Let them vote in the UK parliament by all means when democratically elected.
However make any even thin-film deal with them to guarantee support for a govts policies.
It's pathetic the oldest party of govt in the UK has to be in any way whatsoever going cap in hand to the DUP is a disgrace.

Losing her majority,Mrs May should have engaged in consensus politics with all other Parties in parliament.
Her request for to be made stronger by voters has been rejected by voters.
That's what she should take from this election,not bring in one of the more extreme parties to aid her.

I wish they would take their seats too but I do also admire Sinn Féin for their stance as to the UK parliament.
How great it would be if they were to take their 7 seats at Westminster too and in one swoop remove any great influence the DUP may have at all.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:46 PM #32
0_o

0_o

Not surprising. Its terrifying that these dinosaurs have actual power. And Corbyn was going to take us back to the 70s? May seems to have aimed for that, missed and landed back in the ****ing stoneages.

Tbf though I have always thought the 24 week limit was very late though. But as I understand it, you can only get an abortion that late for medical reasons anyway.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 10-06-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:47 PM #33
Banned

Banned

Quote:
How are you as a mod allowed to get away with saying stuff like this but ban any you dont like who says similar?
Are you not a man trying to tell women what they can or can't do with their bodies? Did you not say you would want to illegalise abortion outside of rape? If so then what is factually incorrect about what I have said?

The truth is that nothing is wrong with my post, you don't have an answer so you went to the good ol' tactic that so many people rely on 'Can't argue with Dezzy? Throw out personal attacks about him being a mod.'

Have I banned anyone for saying anything similar to what I said for you? You seem to know more about the infractions system then even me so please enlighten me. Where and when have I banned anyone for saying that? Go ahead, I'll wait.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:47 PM #34

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Aborting a baby at 24 weeks should only be allowed if there is a danger to the mother, or something seriously wrong with baby.
How anybody could consider it is ok killing a fully formed baby is just barbaric to me.
I am not anti abortion, I feel it's every woman's right to decide if she wants a baby or not, but surely they can make that decision at an earlier stage of the pregnancy.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:49 PM #35
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Are you not a man trying to tell women what they can or can't do with their bodies? Did you not say you would want to illegalise abortion outside of rape? If so then what is factually incorrect about what I have said?

The truth is that nothing is wrong with my post, you don't have an answer so you went to the good ol' tactic that so many people rely on 'Can't argue with Dezzy? Throw out personal attacks about him being a mod.'

Have I banned anyone for saying anything similar to what I said for you? You seem to know more about the infractions system then even me so please enlighten me. Where and when have I banned anyone for saying that? Go ahead, I'll wait.
You tell be why do you think it is ok to muder a fully grown fetus?

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 10-06-2017, 01:53 PM #36
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
I was just asking! They are necessary, its the only way to get a majority in government. But I'd imagine torys and labour supporters alike hate this.
Yes, it only seems to be a popular idea with a select few Tory voters, and only people on forums too...unless of course, more do actually support this coalition but don't dare say because...well...its not a good thing to out yourself as anti-gay and anti-women among other things is it . So many people I know who voted Tory are horrified. First they had the shock of not getting a majority when it was predicted May would walk it easily, and then they find out about the DUP. Even the most hardcore of Tory voters that I know think its a terrible idea.

I was arguing with a gay friend of mine yesterday about this, he always blindly supports everything May does..he wouldn't believe me about the DUP stance on gay rights. Then sky news mentioned it and all of a sudden he decided to check for himself, and now he is also against it. Its rather amusing watching him try to declare his love for May whilst denouncing the DUP and pretty much tying himself in knots
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:55 PM #37
Banned

Banned

Quote:
You tell be why do you think it is ok to muder a fully grown fetus?
Late term abortions are not offered like early abortions, they are only done for medical reasons. The vast majority of abortions take place when the fetus is nothing more than a bundle of cells so your point doesn't really stand.

Also life begins at birth, not at contraception. If you believe that fetuses are alive in the same manner as other people then why are you fine with the Morning After Pill? You dodged my question regarding that last time.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:57 PM #38

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

What is the deadline for abortions now? my friend had a little boy at 24 weeks,NONE of us thought he would survive,he was so tiny,I cried when I saw him,but against the odds he pulled through,he has a little trouble walking but otherwise he is fine,he is now a strapping 9 year old,so maybe it's never a bad thing to have it reviewed.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:58 PM #39
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
What is the deadline for abortions now? my friend had a little boy at 24 weeks,NONE of us thought he would survive,he was so tiny,I cried when I saw him,but against the odds he pulled through,he has a little trouble walking but otherwise he is fine,he is now a strapping 9 year old,so maybe it's never a bad thing to have it reviewed.
Like Dezzy says, abortions at that point in time are only really done for medical reasons.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:59 PM #40

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Aborting a baby at 24 weeks should only be allowed if there is a danger to the mother, or something seriously wrong with baby.
How anybody could consider it is ok killing a fully formed baby is just barbaric to me.
I am not anti abortion, I feel it's every woman's right to decide if she wants a baby or not, but surely they can make that decision at an earlier stage of the pregnancy.
Totally agree smudgie and I have first hand experience of a baby born at 24 weeks.

Old 10-06-2017, 01:59 PM #41
Banned

Banned

Quote:
24 weeks I believe but, like I said before, they are only offered that late in the game unless it's for medical purposes. The vast majority of abortions take place before 12 weeks if I remember right.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:02 PM #42
0_o

0_o

Quote:

What will you do with all of the unwanted babies in care? After forcing women to go through pregnancy and labour and such. Do you realise giving birth can actually be quite dangerous, even without preexisting problems?

You cannot expect people to use contraception and then take the morning after pill too each time they have sex?! And...that could fail too. What then?

A friend of mine was on the injection and using condoms and got pregnant. So double contraception failures whilst rare, do happen.

I doubt anyone (besides a couple of sick bastards) uses abortion as contraception, like you appear to be suggesting here. As someone who actually had one at 15 years old...it still affects me to this day. No matter what I could not have had another one. I do not understand how people can do it over and over. I know a couple of women do, the ones paraded round in the press for shock factor. But I think anyone who would actually do this is mentally ill tbh.
Quote:
I actually don't see what dezzy said wrong here. And I have never seen someone banned for saying something like this, ever.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 10-06-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:06 PM #43
-

-

The problem is that there's a common misperception surrounding the "up to 24 weeks" issue... people think that there's a uniform distribution up to that point which just isn't true. Late stage abortions ARE a moral grey area, however, the facts are:

- 80% of abortions are before 10 weeks.

- 91% are first trimester (before 13 weeks)

- 99% are before 16 weeks

An already very very small number of abortions take place after 16 weeks, and after 20 weeks is almost never anyway. There really isn't actually any practical problem in real terms. It's just a moral foot-stomping area in politics... getting outraged about "swathes" of late stage abortions - something that isn't actually happening.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:10 PM #44
-

-

As for contraception - I'm proud father to a 7 year old pill-baby ... my second was planned, but we did get pregnant a 3rd time when my wife had a contraceptive coil. It was an early miscarriage though... most pregnancies that happen whilst there's a coil implant are (what with there being a foreign object in the uterus).

But yeah, two pregnancies whilst on contraception. It's definitely far from perfect.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:13 PM #45
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
As for contraception - I'm proud father to a 7 year old pill-baby ... my second was planned, but we did get pregnant a 3rd time when my wife had a contraceptive coil. It was an early miscarriage though... most pregnancies that happen whilst there's a coil implant are (what with there being a foreign object in the uterus).

But yeah, two pregnancies whilst on contraception. It's definitely far from perfect.
My sister got pregnant on a coil but didnt find out till half way through but he pulled through and is 7 this year

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 10-06-2017, 02:16 PM #46

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I do agree with a womans right to chose,plus medical and rape reasons,but I do know that abortion is also used as a form of contraception which in my view is wrong,but it happens.it's not as though there are not several preventions free or on the market.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:21 PM #47
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I do agree with a womans right to chose,plus medical and rape reasons,but I do know that abortion is also used as a form of contraception which in my view is wrong,but it happens.it's not as though there are not several preventions free or on the market.
Maybe take it from the NHS for non medical reasons?

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 10-06-2017, 02:24 PM #48

Quote:
The problem is that there's a common misperception surrounding the "up to 24 weeks" issue... people think that there's a uniform distribution up to that point which just isn't true. Late stage abortions ARE a moral grey area, however, the facts are:

- 80% of abortions are before 10 weeks.

- 91% are first trimester (before 13 weeks)

- 99% are before 16 weeks

An already very very small number of abortions take place after 16 weeks, and after 20 weeks is almost never anyway. There really isn't actually any practical problem in real terms. It's just a moral foot-stomping area in politics... getting outraged about "swathes" of late stage abortions - something that isn't actually happening.

Yes it only happens if the mother hasn't been going for regular scans and then when she does because she is really showing - they pick up fatal fetal abnormality's - its not something someone decides to do at that point. Its a medical emergency.

Last edited by sungrass; 10-06-2017 at 02:26 PM.
sungrass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:29 PM #49

Quote:
Totally agree smudgie and I have first hand experience of a baby born at 24 weeks.
Yeah I agree with that point.
sungrass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:29 PM #50
Stellar all-star line up

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 5: Karen

Stellar all-star line up

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 5: Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Any party aligning with the extreme and uncompromising DUP are wrong in my view.

This Party helps keep ashes of the troubles in Northern Ireland recalled.
They moan the orange marchers cannot get to March down some Catholic areas, which denies them their near 'baiting' activities.

I detest the DUP, they are a rigid dinosaur parry stuck in some belief of religious hardline attitudes and intolerance.

Let them vote in the UK parliament by all means when democratically elected.
However make any even thin-film deal with them to guarantee support for a govts policies.
It's pathetic the oldest party of govt in the UK has to be in any way whatsoever going cap in hand to the DUP is a disgrace.

Losing her majority,Mrs May should have engaged in consensus politics with all other Parties in parliament.
Her request for to be made stronger by voters has been rejected by voters.
That's what she should take from this election,not bring in one of the more extreme parties to aid her.

I wish they would take their seats too but I do also admire Sinn Féin for their stance as to the UK parliament.
How great it would be if they were to take their 7 seats at Westminster too and in one swoop remove any great influence the DUP may have at all.
The fact they call themselves "Democratic" is by far the most ludicrous thing amount them. They actively ignore and work against the majority of their constituents and even the other parties in NI by blocking things like gay marriage. The views of the country matter only if they agree with their fundamentalist Christian views, it's sickening and laughable, and people only vote for them as they fear losing NI's place in the UK.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
abortion, admits, debate, top, tory