Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 20-06-2017, 10:04 PM #26
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Let's examine a recent quote from hopkins in yesterdays mail

'Way up on the moral high ground, Brendan Cox, high priest of the hopers'

This is a man whos wife was gunned down in broad daylight by a right wing terrorist extremist... What possible reason could there be for her mockery on the 1st anniversary of his wifes death?
It is significant because he is the antithesis of her.

This is why along with her 'final solution' and 'western men rise up' comments what she says and who gives her a platform is so instrumental in incitement.
I'm glad high profile people are sharing these views with their 1000s of followers it my awaken more to what is going on.

I have said before I feel hopkins role was to sway public opinion from any sympathy with refugees she was highly successful there, as was farage in his efforts scaremongering in elation to immigrants during the brexit campaign.

They were in my opinion state sponsored inciters of racial hatred.
When will people get it - skin colour/race isn't the real issue - it's culture and mindsets. No-one is going to convince me or most others in the Modern world that the backward treatment of women by certain cultures and religions is right or excusable because that is what a section of society here practice.

We are turning a blind eye and thus assisting the wholescale abuse of a section of society in our midst as well as betraying our own values.

No one is ever going to convince most that we should accept these behaviours in Britain to appease and pacify religious ideology so those terribly PC fools can feel good about themselves and how accepting of differences they are. Differences are not the issue - abuse and true segregation are.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 10:04 PM #27
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenter...wlings-radica/

What a load of bu****it. I'd say it has far more to do with them reacting to Muslim extremism. Morons trying to fight fire with fire.

Trying to ignore the obvious to try to make a cheap political point is weak and more in keeping with idiots such as Ms Allen. Mistakenly I thought Rowling was better than that.
what a vile pig
to even suggest such a thing is horrific
farage has never said a damned thing about condoning violence whatsoever
this is the very worst kind fo slander and he should take legal action
its as stupid him saying harry potter books are responsible for any crime in teenagers
no doubt this luvvie wouldnt dare accuse fellow novelists, or screenwriters or film directors of causing murder with their endless violence films
vile vile dangerous egotistic overrated hypocrite
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 10:15 PM #28
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
When will people get it - skin colour/race isn't the real issue - it's culture and mindsets. No-one is going to convince me or most others in the Modern world that the backward treatment of women by certain cultures and religions is right or excusable because that is what a section of society here practice.

We are turning a blind eye and thus assisting the wholescale abuse of a section of society in our midst as well as betraying our own values.

No one is ever going to convince most that we should accept these behaviours in Britain to appease and pacify religious ideology so those terribly PC fools can feel good about themselves and how accepting of differences they are. Differences are not the issue - abuse and true segregation are.
How is any of this relevant to my post, is Brendan Cox included in your PC fools?
Old 20-06-2017, 10:19 PM #29

Quote:
http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenter...wlings-radica/

What a load of bu****it. I'd say it has far more to do with them reacting to Muslim extremism.
Erm.... she said nothing of the sort.

Yes, reacting to Muslim extremism, with extremism of their own. She wasn't saying he was to blame for it, she was calling him out for not spouting off about it like he does when it's ethnic minorities or "foreigners" doing it. That's quite bloody obvious what her point was.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 10:29 PM #30
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
When will people get it - skin colour/race isn't the real issue - it's culture and mindsets.
It isnt culture at all. As if its the culture of white right wingers to run down innocent Muslims. Its individual mindsets. Always has been, always will be. And thats why its dangerous to lump everyone as one single group.
This guy is not reflective of white culture, of right wing culture, of male culture etc etc. In the same way an Islamic extremist is not reflective of Islamic culture. I mean jheeze, how many more incidents before people learn.
Old 20-06-2017, 10:38 PM #31
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
How is any of this relevant to my post, is Brendan Cox included in your PC fools?

When you go on one of your rants about state sponsored terrorism and racism - it tends to illicit a similar response from me - the alternative is a rant induced coma.

Brendan Cox is one of many in this Country who have lost loved ones due to terrorism but you seem somewhat more preoccupied with the victim of a white terrorist.

Last edited by Brillopad; 20-06-2017 at 10:42 PM.
Old 20-06-2017, 10:56 PM #32
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
It isnt culture at all. As if its the culture of white right wingers to run down innocent Muslims. Its individual mindsets. Always has been, always will be. And thats why its dangerous to lump everyone as one single group.
This guy is not reflective of white culture, of right wing culture, of male culture etc etc. In the same way an Islamic extremist is not reflective of Islamic culture. I mean jheeze, how many more incidents before people learn.
pc whitewash ...there is an inherent problem within islam that has seen 10,000s becoming radicalised across the world....to say its not all muslims is stating the bleeding the obvious we all know that, but to go that liberal step further and say its not a problem within islam is complete and utter deluded dangerous nonsense.
Old 20-06-2017, 11:37 PM #33

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

So this has been called a 'revenge attack'.So the question is would this guy have run those people outside the mosque over if there was no islamic extremism?I don't know.I don't know what goes on in the head of someone like that.However if the answer is no then surely the islamic extremists themselves played a huge role in indoctrinating this guy.
I've never heard farage opening the floodgates for any 'revenge attacks' and to be honest anyone who would take advice from Katie Hopkins is not all there to begin with.Not that i know the rubbish she spouts.

Last edited by Northern Monkey; 20-06-2017 at 11:38 PM.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 11:39 PM #34

Quote:

You'd think it would be a simple enough thing to grasp.
Old 20-06-2017, 11:39 PM #35
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
pc whitewash ...there is an inherent problem within islam that has seen 10,000s becoming radicalised across the world....to say its not all muslims is stating the bleeding the obvious we all know that, but to go that liberal step further and say its not a problem within islam is complete and utter deluded dangerous nonsense.
My point was that terrorism is as much of a problem within Islam as terrorism is a problem within right wingedness in the West.
Should we lump everybody from both groups in to one because of a few select people? No.
Is that political correctness? No, its just correctness.
Do I have a solution short of attemptig to ban right wing media and ISIS spouting hatred? unfortunately, no. Do you?
Old 20-06-2017, 11:42 PM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
However if the answer is no then surely the islamic extremists themselves played a huge role in indoctrinating this guy.
How does that work?

Say you murdered my mother, and I murdered you in revenge.

Are you to blame for me becoming a murderer or are we both guilty of the same crime?
Old 20-06-2017, 11:42 PM #37
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Those exact words may not have been used but the meaning was obvious. Many of the left try to blame the West for the actions of Islamic extremists instead of the actual extremists for their terrorist acts - when anyone with a brain knows what a load of boohoolocks that is - the only ones to blame are them.
Well this is either you straight up lying or you (once again) completely misunderstanding what's been said and rewriting things to suit your agenda.

I have seen people say that the west is partly responsible for the state of the Middle East and I agree with that assessment. We helped create a power vacuum that gave rise to organisations like ISIS. That's pretty much a fact at this point but nobody on this website has ever tried to vindicate a terrorist from blame (although certain people have gone out of their way to deny that terrorists are terrorists because they happened to be white) and tried to place it anyone else's door. If you are going to maintain that it's the truth then you are straight up lying.

If you disagree with someone's opinion then you argue against what they have actually said, you don't make up falsehoods to paint them as terrorist sympathisers to silence opinions you dislike.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 11:44 PM #38
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
My point was that terrorism is as much of a problem within Islam as terrorism is a problem within right wingedness in the West.
Should we lump everybody from both groups in to one because of a few select people? No.
Do I have a solution short of attemptig to ban right wing media and ISIS spouting hatred? unfortunately, no. Do you?
I think that's a bit of a stretch, particularly regarding islam extremists across the world, there really isn't any comparison in numbers
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 11:47 PM #39
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I think that's a bit of a stretch, particularly regarding islam extremists across the world, there really isn't any comparison in numbers
I mean the numbers of Muslims around the globe far exceed the numbers of right wing people in the West, so its not that much of a stretch. Perhaps ult-right would have been more accurate though... although I'd imagine terrorism within an ult-right group on average would surpass an Islamic group on average - you get the point though, lets mot be pedantic!

Last edited by Withano; 20-06-2017 at 11:54 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 11:47 PM #40

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
How does that work?

Say you murdered my mother, and I murdered you in revenge.

Are you to blame for me becoming a murderer or are we both guilty of the same crime?
I'm not saying this guy isn't guilty.Of course he is.No normal person would even contemplate something like that but it seems as though he was reacting to previous attacks in his own warped way.It's been described as a 'revenge attack'.Hate breeds more hate.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 11:53 PM #41

Quote:
I'm not saying this guy isn't guilty.Of course he is.No normal person would even contemplate something like that but it seems as though he was reacting to previous attacks in his own warped way.It's been described as a 'revenge attack'.Hate breeds more hate.
I agree with that.
Old 21-06-2017, 12:11 AM #42
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
I mean the numbers of Muslims around the globe far exceed the numbers of right wing people in the West, so its not that much of a stretch. Perhaps ult-right would have been more accurate though... although I'd imagine terrorism within an ult-right group on average would surpass an Islamic group on average - you get the point though, lets mot be pedantic!
if we are talking proportions, i really couldn't comment as I just don't know, but in terms of sheer numbers there is no contest and with it being easy to traverse the globe (and that's not taking a pop at border control) currently, the threat from islamic terrorism is much much higher
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 12:44 AM #43
User banned

User banned

Quote:
utter nonsense
apples and oranges
moral relativity
classic political correct nonsense

why even compare?

the far right in america are full of nut jobs and many are affiliated to the nra and paid off etc etc to compare that bunch of loons with the worldwide radical islamic terrorism is absurd on every possible level. on numbers alone there are 100,000s of radical islamic terrorists across the planet...the loony part of the rar right tea party is america alone thankfully

though the left wing loons across europe are just as bat crazy in a totally different kind of way
Old 21-06-2017, 07:03 AM #44
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Well this is either you straight up lying or you (once again) completely misunderstanding what's been said and rewriting things to suit your agenda.

I have seen people say that the west is partly responsible for the state of the Middle East and I agree with that assessment. We helped create a power vacuum that gave rise to organisations like ISIS. That's pretty much a fact at this point but nobody on this website has ever tried to vindicate a terrorist from blame (although certain people have gone out of their way to deny that terrorists are terrorists because they happened to be white) and tried to place it anyone else's door. If you are going to maintain that it's the truth then you are straight up lying.

If you disagree with someone's opinion then you argue against what they have actually said, you don't make up falsehoods to paint them as terrorist sympathisers to silence opinions you dislike.
Please don't me a liar. It has definitely been said/implied on here that the West are to blame for Islamic terrorism by a lack of acceptance into our society. So you know what you can do with your wild, unproven public allegations. Grow up.
Old 21-06-2017, 07:16 AM #45
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
if we are talking proportions, i really couldn't comment as I just don't know, but in terms of sheer numbers there is no contest and with it being easy to traverse the globe (and that's not taking a pop at border control) currently, the threat from islamic terrorism is much much higher
Of course it is. Three Islamic attacks on European cities in three days added to all the rest in say the last year with countless deaths. One non-Islamic attack with one death. Islam has been spreading its tentacles throughout the globe for some time, geographically providing considerable strength. Personally I believe that was part of a plan.
Old 21-06-2017, 11:48 AM #46
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I despise the term 'revenge attack' it infers the people at the mosque did something wrong and it absolves the terrorist of the terrorist tag.

The media need to know when a duck is a duck and call this man what he is, a terrorist.
Old 21-06-2017, 11:55 AM #47
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Please don't me a liar. It has definitely been said/implied on here that the West are to blame for Islamic terrorism by a lack of acceptance into our society. So you know what you can do with your wild, unproven public allegations. Grow up.
Then prove it, if you are going to paint anyone that disagrees with you as a terrorist sympathiser then you better be prepared to prove it.

Debate against what people actually have said, Brillo. It's not difficult, just read what people have said and argue against it, don't label people with your own misunderstood assumptions and say it's fact.
Old 21-06-2017, 02:05 PM #48
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Then prove it, if you are going to paint anyone that disagrees with you as a terrorist sympathiser then you better be prepared to prove it.

Debate against what people actually have said, Brillo. It's not difficult, just read what people have said and argue against it, don't label people with your own misunderstood assumptions and say it's fact.
Stop trying to dictate to me how to do things - you are in no position judging by your posting style and tone. Calling someone a liar is insulting and unproven. Either ignore my posts or if you choose to respond stick to the rules.
Old 21-06-2017, 02:06 PM #49
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Stop trying to dictate to me how to do things - you are in no position judging by your posting style and tone. Calling someone a liar is insulting and unproven. Either ignore my posts or if you choose to respond stick to the rules.
So you have no proof of your claims?
Old 21-06-2017, 02:08 PM #50
User banned

User banned

Quote:
my point is you are totally wrong

The existence of radical terrorism in Christianity is miniscule compared to the problems within Islam. of course we dont blame all muslims as I have restated endlessly for goodness sakes. But the problem is rife within Islam its not within Christianity. There are thousands possibly hundreds of thousands fo jihadis worldwide and its growing. They killed over 35000 innocent people on the streets last year

To suggest otherwise is not only a lie, its a dangerous deluded lie that will never ever start to resolve worldwide reality of radical islamic terrorism

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
blame, extremists, farage, jk, radicalising, rightwing, rowling