Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Closed Thread

Old 30-06-2017, 10:10 PM #26
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

The truth is, you all take it far too seriously, you support people you don't really know,you defend them blindly regardless of their actions, you attack others that you don't really know, and then attack one another for supporting someone you don't like.
Old 30-06-2017, 10:11 PM #27
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
I think i know why so please dont infract or ban me for writing this.....If you look, like \i have, at any time on the forum there are between 50 to 70 members on line which peaks at not much more after the show. These are members not guests and a large portion of these members are only on season posters like myself. The small minority that keep this forum going are banded together by several things that we dont need to go into, but it appears from outside, that these people are virtually all of the same mind when it comes to favs and diametrically opposed to the on season fm,s

Hence we get competition, which leads to mild baiting and eventually to trolling if the baiting does not work and this goes for both sides. I am probably the worst of the on season posters, but Ive got a short fuse and hate being baited. Personally I think the off season posters want the site to themselves and they see the on season posters as invaders, hence the problems.

Now I know this analogy does not apply to everyone but \i can name 6 or 7 FM,s that rag me all the time and i will admit that I have my targets as well so its fault on both sides but this year, the punishments seem a little one sided and no quarter seems to be given regarding the professional and non professional methods employed to bait and troll.

I can troll, i can even bait, but \i am a mere novice compared to the tactics some of my nemesis's use. This is a forum for all, but some view it as their own.

Honest opinion and not pointed at anyone, im only saying what a few of us really believe but we love bb and tibb equally and its sad that the site has lost a lot of good posters that wre here in the old days.
Ok..

But what does that have to do with insulting housemate appearances?!
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:38 AM #28
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
I think i know why so please dont infract or ban me for writing this.....If you look, like \i have, at any time on the forum there are between 50 to 70 members on line which peaks at not much more after the show. These are members not guests and a large portion of these members are only on season posters like myself. The small minority that keep this forum going are banded together by several things that we dont need to go into, but it appears from outside, that these people are virtually all of the same mind when it comes to favs and diametrically opposed to the on season fm,s

Hence we get competition, which leads to mild baiting and eventually to trolling if the baiting does not work and this goes for both sides. I am probably the worst of the on season posters, but Ive got a short fuse and hate being baited. Personally I think the off season posters want the site to themselves and they see the on season posters as invaders, hence the problems.

Now I know this analogy does not apply to everyone but \i can name 6 or 7 FM,s that rag me all the time and i will admit that I have my targets as well so its fault on both sides but this year, the punishments seem a little one sided and no quarter seems to be given regarding the professional and non professional methods employed to bait and troll.

I can troll, i can even bait, but \i am a mere novice compared to the tactics some of my nemesis's use. This is a forum for all, but some view it as their own.

Honest opinion and not pointed at anyone, im only saying what a few of us really believe but we love bb and tibb equally and its sad that the site has lost a lot of good posters that wre here in the old days.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:43 AM #29
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

The trouble with this forum ,above all others is the idiots have been allowed to take over the asylum,this would never happen on other sites,the mods need to take back control and not run scared when a certain few posters think they are in charge, they can clearly see who is constantly in pack mode are pressing the report button en masse,they can clearly see when a certain member posts and within seconds all the same group appear and pack goad and bait, this is what needs stamping out ,in a simple sentence TAKE THIS FORUM BACK FOR ALL MEMBERS NOT JUST A FEW ,Until this happens the good old members will never come back
Old 01-07-2017, 07:44 AM #30
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

i'm sorry Amy i am just feeling annoyed with the lack of support i get for my own fave

i have nothing personal against anyone on here, i love TiBB and all of it's members
Old 01-07-2017, 07:53 AM #31

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

I think if anyone here says they have never commented on peoples looks,they are telling porkies,EVERYONE does it it's human nature,plus if people are not liking your faves and you don't like what they post. just put them on ignore or skip their posts,it's easily solved,I do it and have no problems,I also turned the gifs off as they were equally as annoying as some posts. so just ignore,turn off gifs and job done.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"

Last edited by Kazanne; 01-07-2017 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:02 AM #32
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
The trouble with this forum ,above all others is the idiots have been allowed to take over the asylum,this would never happen on other sites,the mods need to take back control and not run scared when a certain few posters think they are in charge, they can clearly see who is constantly in pack mode are pressing the report button en masse,they can clearly see when a certain member posts and within seconds all the same group appear and pack goad and bait, this is what needs stamping out ,in a simple sentence TAKE THIS FORUM BACK FOR ALL MEMBERS NOT JUST A FEW ,Until this happens the good old members will never come back
Personally I think things like calling other members "idiots" would put off old members rejoining or new people joining, but that's just my opinion.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:06 AM #33
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg! View Post
Personally I think things like calling other members "idiots" would put off old members rejoining or new people joining, but that's just my opinion.
And you're entitled to it ,but as you know damn well its a saying,but good try
Old 01-07-2017, 08:21 AM #34

This year hasn't been as bad as some...its a fan forum and really shouldn't be taken too seriously. Just scroll on by....
Old 01-07-2017, 08:43 AM #35
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443;9412731[B
]The truth is, you all take it far too seriously, you support people you don't really know,you defend them blindly[/B] regardless of their actions, you attack others that you don't really know, and then attack one another for supporting someone you don't like.
I don't think its all a case of this ,if you look series after series the same clique all support the same person ( sometimes before they are even in the house i.e. Sue) and they all stick together, this is fine ( if not a tad childish,but hey ho ) but when deep down you dont even like the person you are defending or supporting but wont go against the clique as you don't want to be the one to break ranks your hearts not in it, so you resort to personal attacks
Old 01-07-2017, 09:10 AM #36
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:

There is a clique on the forum, its as clear as day and they do attack in packs. As Kaz says, use the ignore feature, it works a treat, and much improves the forum experience. That's what its there for
Old 01-07-2017, 09:50 AM #37

The forum is the same every year with housemate insults etc, I wouldn't say this year was worse than any other, some obviously feel it more some years depending on who they support etc and the best thing is after BB *most* regular posters go back to talking and getting along with everyone all though there is one or two that seem to take things tooo far.

The insulting housemates thing I find completely pointless and immature, it adds nothing at all to actual debates and regardless of what people that do it think it does not further their points in anyway, if anything it makes their opinions seem less valid and rational.

So theres nothing happening to the forum IMO.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:52 AM #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
I think if anyone here says they have never commented on peoples looks,they are telling porkies,EVERYONE does it it's human nature,plus if people are not liking your faves and you don't like what they post. just put them on ignore or skip their posts,it's easily solved,I do it and have no problems,I also turned the gifs off as they were equally as annoying as some posts. so just ignore,turn off gifs and job done.
Theres a massive difference commenting on someones looks and then going into a thread and calling a young girl horrible un called for names like example 'cumslut' 'diry slags' and so on, it's pathetic tbqh.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:54 AM #39
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

i agree Josy, housemates are also persons with feelings like us
Old 01-07-2017, 09:57 AM #40

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Theres a massive difference commenting on someones looks and then going into a thread and calling a young girl horrible un called for names like example 'cumslut' 'diry slags' and so on, it's pathetic tbqh.
It's the same every year though,so nothing has happened to the forum as such.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Old 01-07-2017, 09:57 AM #41
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Perhaps I have noticed it a lot more this year than before because Isabelle and Chanelle are my favourites and they get called a lot of names, especially about how they look then. I never really thought of it that way
Old 01-07-2017, 09:59 AM #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
It's the same every year though,so nothing has happened to the forum as such.
That doesn't make it ok though, and it's also against the forum rules to post OTT insults about housemates, always has been.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:13 AM #43
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
There is a clique on the forum, its as clear as day and they do attack in packs. As Kaz says, use the ignore feature, it works a treat, and much improves the forum experience. That's what its there for
I agree with all you say ,but nothing will change while mods turn a blind eye to the group thats doing it,just so someones on here off season
Old 01-07-2017, 12:33 PM #44
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
Perhaps I have noticed it a lot more this year than before because Isabelle and Chanelle are my favourites and they get called a lot of names, especially about how they look then. I never really thought of it that way
I think this is it tbh. Until you have supported someone who does get a lot of 'hate' you don't actually realise how bad it is. People tend to overlook horrible posts about people they dislike too.

This year has actually been better than most others for OTT hate, appearance insults and such believe it or not. This is the sort of thing we have to look out for every year and I am being entirely honest when I say that we have had nowhere near as many rulebreaks this year as others. One of the worst years (IMO) for this was actually the year Helen Wood won. BB12 was particularly bad too but this year is sooo mild
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 01-07-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:34 PM #45
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

I'd say the Lateysha hate last year was worse

Spoiler:

Old 01-07-2017, 12:36 PM #46

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Its the worst ever. I think because raph and his supporters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
it seems the mods are turning a blind eye to the continuous baiting on here.

Last edited by Jordan.; 01-07-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:38 PM #47

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Favourites (more):

Lateysha hate was the worst ever I think.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:38 PM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

But Isabelle and Chanelle have had it pretty bad too.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:40 PM #49
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Yeah the Lateysha hate was absoloutely disgusting. I put so many on ignore of it.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:49 PM #50
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
Not really sure how this is baiting? Yes its a post about other members/supporters BUT the entire thread is about that so it would be kind of unfair to punish one and not others.

I think its a valid criticism also...not as much now but definitely in the beginning of the show, where noone could say anything negative about Raph without being accused of trolling and such By a very large group of members too. It was noted that literally 10+ people would descend on anyone who didn't like Raph for any reason, accusing them of just trolling. This did include a few brand new members too who were only on their first or second post, and subsequently did not return.

We have had so many reports over the past couple of days of 'baiting' when in reality, all the person being reported is doing is saying negative stuff about a housemate that the person reporting likes. Have also had reports about 'OTT hate' for, for example someone saying 'I cannot stand X, she is such a sly cow' and so on...such reports are rather baffling tbh so I do think there is something to it that some people are just (as every year) overinvested in the show and getting rather obsessive over their faves. This is not necessarily a negative thing as tbh, without people getting this into the show the forum probably wouldn't exist. At the same time some do seem to be getting slightly obsessed the opposite way around and over the past 2 or 3 days I personally have gave out more infractions for simply..disgusting posts.

Basically, I think some may be at that stage in the show where they are hypersensitive, I think others are at that stage when their bile becomes very over the top and begins being a big problem. I think if I get time later today I might do an announcement about OTT bile filled posts as they really do add nothing at all to the forum besides make the lot of us look like horrible people tbh No discussion can really come from eg. 'X must be so riddled with STDS, filthy *****, ugly cow' etc and obviously such posts are over the top and will cause issues with supporters of whatever housemate is being ripped into on such a personal level.
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
forum, happening