Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 27-02-2002, 07:19 PM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Default Survivor

Survivor is coming back to itv 1

There will be an hour show on wednesday`s and a 30 minute show later the night.

Charlotte will be presenting a fanzine show on ITV 2 and there will be only 12 survivors rather than 16

And we will be able to vote for who we want to get kicked off survivor (I think)

I think its on wednesday 13th March but im not sure

BigSister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-02-2002, 07:21 PM #2

Thanks BigSister, I never watched the first one but I might give this one a try
Janette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-02-2002, 07:27 PM #3

hmm could fill me time in be4 bb3 i suppose depends if theres ne1 gud on it
Abbyindahouse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2002, 05:11 PM #4
WILDCHILD2K1

WILDCHILD2K1

Survivor was okay bit it wasnt brilliant - I think they should focus more on the people on the island thatn all the tasks cos they were all pretty boring last time!
I'll watch it but I doubt I'll be as hooked on it as I was with Big Bro and Pop Idol!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2002, 06:43 PM #5

I watched a couple of the last series programmes, but stopped because I found I just didn't care what happened to any of them.

Wheras I watched BB2 under duress, for about 10 mins at my son's house having sworn I wouldn't watch it at all, and was instantly hooked. And I thought I wouldn't care about the second lot! I actually resented them for taking over the house.

Then I saw them! I'd like to have cahnged about 3 of the housemates, but have to admit they made compulsive viewing.

I won't bother with Survivor. probably!
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 01:13 PM #6
Administrator

Administrator

The new series of 'Survivor' starts tomorow night:

Here's what Teletext says about it:

Survivor makes low-key return
By Jonathan Donald

Reality gameshow Survivor makes a low-key return to ITV1 on Wednesday - after the first series sunk. The network is determined to play down its profile after last year's much-hyped series failed to engage. Bosses hoped for 10m viewers but at times as few as 3.9m watched. "We want the programme to speak for itself," said a spokeswoman for the endurance test with a £1m jackpot.

Survivor returns minus the hype of series one - with some major changes to make it more engaging. The number of contestants conspiring against each other has been whittled down from 16 to 12.

Mark Nicholas, known for his laidback charm, will host, replacing newsman Mark Austin. Ed Hall and 2001 winner Charlotte Hobrough host an ITV2 show.

And viewers will also have a say on who scoops the £1m jackpot.

ITV1 hopes to save face with the new series. Entertainment controller Claudia Rosencrantz said: "With fewer contestants, the stakes are raised right from the start, and by making it interactive, viewers will have a say who wins £1m.

"Survivor's first series had a loyal audience building to 9m for the final. These changes will not only enhance the show for them but I hope encourage new viewers to try it."

Contestants in Survivor 2 endured gruelling conditions while the series was shot last year in Panama. Split into two groups, they were shipwrecked on two islands in the Bocas del Toro archipelago.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I still don't like the idea of the contestants being split into two groups - it would be much better to see the interaction between all 12 of them from the start.

Although I wasn't very impressed with the first 'Survivor', I might well tune in to see if it has improved for its second series.
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 08:32 PM #7
TiBB founder

TiBB founder

I really looking foward to the next series, although I feel that they are making it more like BB to get the ratings up

Mark
Mark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 08:43 PM #8

I never really got into the first Survivor series at all. I watched a few of them but it didn't appeal.

I'm willing to give he second one the benefit of the doubt though and will tune in to watch it.
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2002, 08:58 PM #9

i thought i read somewhere that the ratings for survivor last year were the same as big brother it was just that itv normally got higher ratings? i dunno i might be wrong,
sweetlittlesara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2002, 11:46 AM #10

I think you are right about the actual number of people watching Survivor being similar to the number of people watching BB, but that is still highly embarassing for them. C4 is supposed to be a minority channel making niche broadcasting and isn't expected to get massive ratings. As it was, BB was (one of) the most popular shows on the channel by far for the past 2 years. On the other hand, prime time ITV is all about ratings, so when Survivor was one of the worst rated shows it's seen in that slot for ages it was a flop.

To broadly generalise, people watch ITV because they watched what was on before and they can't think of anything more interesting to do. People tend to choose to watch C4, so each viewer there is more highly regarded. There are also completely different demographics, with people who watch C4 generally considered to be better educated and more affluent than ITV, so are therefore more desirable to the advertisers.

Even more telling is that people talked about what happened on BB every day. It was in the papers, and even the broadsheets had to think up excuses to discuss it. We chatted about it at work several times a day and would take it in turns to check the website for news. The only conversations I remember having about Survivor revolved around it not being as successful as they had hoped.

That aside, perhaps the low profile start will do it favours. It was rather arrogantly advertised last year, and even though I hadn't been that big a fan of BB1, I still resented they way I was told this was going to be so much better than the rubbish I'd watched before. Being told it was more popular in the US than BB didn't help it much either, so they left themselves very vulnerable to public criticism. The press knew they had a good relationship with the people at BB, so were probaby happy to talk it up over Survivor.

However, one bad thing about the low profile start is that I had to log on here to notice it was actually already on our screens. I know I've been really busy and all over the place for the past week or so, but I would have probably tried to watch an episode - just to see.
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2002, 03:07 PM #11

LolFeefs.....

"There are also completely different demographics, with people who watch C4 generally considered to be better educated and more affluent than ITV, so are therefore more desirable to the advertisers. "
knew there was something special about my choice of watching BB instead if Survivor.........lol !!!!!!

LOL............! "Even more telling is that people talked about what happened on BB every day. It was in the papers, and even the broadsheets had to think up excuses to discuss it. We chatted about it at work several times a day and would take it in turns to check the website for news. The only conversations I remember having about Survivor revolved around it not being as successful as they had hoped. "
Which is why I watch BB on 24/7 on a laptop.......lol !!
:c olour::col our:
:c olour::col our:
splodge0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
survivor