Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB18 Big Brother 18 UK was shown on Channel 5 in June and July 2017, and was won by Isabelle with Raph second. Discuss the series here.

Old 17-07-2017, 12:13 AM #1

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBCanada 5: Ika

Favourites (more):
Default Raph sets up Hannah

I really cant't shake the feeling that Ralph's 'innocent prank' wasn't all that innocent and was pretty calculated if you really look at it and the result it has achieved. If you go through twitter and most of the forum you'll see people commenting on Hannah's reaction and her lack of a sense of humour.

Fair enough, but it's a shame that the negative viewing she's gotten has been a direct result of a so called 'friend' of hers who is intelligent to have worked out the outcome of his actions if you think about it. Ralph has witnessed first hand and has heard from Hannah that she doesn't like those kind of pranks involving her personal area/belongings. In all honesty if someone had planted smelly garlic in your pillow, near your face and at night when youre tired and ready for bed wldnt you be annoyed? I'd be, especially if I hadn't been behind pranks in the house so am not welcoming them to happen to me. She didn't over react in my opinion just gave him a stern talking to. The others responses while in bed saying goodnight to each other and not Hannah was awkward and juvenile if you ask me and I like the Thirn cottage crew.

As for Ralph he didn't do it to Chanelle who would be his #1 target if it's just a harmless prank among friends. That's his bestie. But I bet he knew she'd be pissed and probably explosive so he protected her. Then he wants Issy in the joke - why? - because he already knows Hannah will be mad and wld like blâme divided.

Fair play to Ralph he's playing the game and I like him. He's intelligent and a true fan of the game. I quite like home playing house guests like a fiddle. I just wish he was more brash in the diary room with what his intentions are instead of playing up the innocence. I wonder if it's the format of BBUK that he has to play up lovable and not villain ala the greats of BBUS like the Dans and the Wills. Oh well this post has gotten long...I'll be off then.
Mazziestarred is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 12:25 AM #2
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Favourites:

Honestly, I don't think he was intending for it to be anything but a bit of fun. I think the only reason why he chose Hannah anyways was because she was the only one not in bed already.

They goof around with each other all the time, he probably thought she would see the humour. If he wanted to rile her up he wouldn't have apologized right away and tell her that he would never do it again.

Last edited by SarenaW; 17-07-2017 at 12:30 AM.
SarenaW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 12:27 AM #3
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Favourites:
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Favourites:

FURTHER, I think Hannah was mad at first, but once she found out it was Raph she seemed just more annoyed and maybe a bit embarrassed about making such a big deal of something meant to be a joke. I'm sure in the next episode they will talk it out and it will blow over, it just seems like a big deal now because it's not yet resolved.
Old 17-07-2017, 12:30 AM #4
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Favourites:
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Favourites:

LASTLY I think he wanted Isabelle to rub the pillow because he didn't want to smell like garlic. The "now you are involved" was obviously a joke because when he came clean he took full responsibility and didn't even mention that the others even knew what he had done.

Everyone is really reading WAY to much into this.. Maybe because it was such a boring episode it's all we have to discuss, lol.

Last edited by SarenaW; 17-07-2017 at 12:31 AM.
Old 17-07-2017, 01:41 AM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Thanks for not going in on my misspelling of Raph first of all Writing on my tablet and I did cringe when I re-read it.

I think maybe the conclusions above like other posts on the forum throughout the season are a bit critical. Too many expectations on a 21 y.o on a reality tv show maybe? And for a boring episode no less. I agree with you on that. I'm also not a mind reader nor a psychologist so can't say with authority this is exactly what was going on in his mind.

My observations come from the sense that Raph is a deep analytical thinker. He really seems like he thinks things over - not even in a bad way - some ppl mull over their actions before they do them. So it seems surprising when he does things like pick Sue over Issy, or play a prank on his most humourless friend - and not think he has thought about the outcome.

Last edited by Mazziestarred; 17-07-2017 at 01:42 AM.
Mazziestarred is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 01:50 AM #6
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

I wasnt keen on him rubbing Issy with the pillow, especially after she repeatedly asked him not to do so. However, that aside, the prank seemed harmless. Hannahs reaction was absurd, and I dont think Raph would ever imagine her (or any other human) reacting like that. And it was unfortunate timing with him being in the diary room, I dont think he would have let it go on as long as it did had he been in the room watching it unfold either.
Old 17-07-2017, 02:10 AM #7
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Favourites:
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazziestarred View Post
Thanks for not going in on my misspelling of Raph first of all Writing on my tablet and I did cringe when I re-read it.

I think maybe the conclusions above like other posts on the forum throughout the season are a bit critical. Too many expectations on a 21 y.o on a reality tv show maybe? And for a boring episode no less. I agree with you on that. I'm also not a mind reader nor a psychologist so can't say with authority this is exactly what was going on in his mind.

My observations come from the sense that Raph is a deep analytical thinker. He really seems like he thinks things over - not even in a bad way - some ppl mull over their actions before they do them. So it seems surprising when he does things like pick Sue over Issy, or play a prank on his most humourless friend - and not think he has thought about the outcome.
Yeah, but he is also just a kid. He is book smart, not street smart. I don't think he is capable of manipulating on the level some people here think he is.

I think with Sue, he honestly thought either Andrew or Charlotte would save Isabelle. Andrew because he was close with her, and Charlotte because she had said that she owed Isabelle one for letting her see her mum. He probably assumed Sam would be left unsaved. It's odd that the responsibility fell solely on his shoulders, anyways.

Plus, to be fair he was the only one who really seemed upset that Isabelle was up and comforted her afterward privately.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
hannah, raph, sets