Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 22-07-2017, 08:43 AM #1
User banned

User banned

Default Is this Britains future.

Looking at the rest of Europe it suggests it is. What a great place to live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8OY_KUNqQ4

Last edited by Brillopad; 22-07-2017 at 09:02 AM.
Old 22-07-2017, 08:45 AM #2
-

-

Link is ****ed so dunno.
Old 22-07-2017, 08:47 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Link is ****ed so dunno.
Hard Working TS
Sweden is in a mess , now
Old 22-07-2017, 08:47 AM #4
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Link is ****ed so dunno.
Yep, don't know what went wrong.
Old 22-07-2017, 08:51 AM #5
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Hard Working TS
Sweden is in a mess , now
Not as much of a mess as Brillo's link
Old 22-07-2017, 08:52 AM #6
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

It opened for me fine, that's scary ****

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 22-07-2017, 08:55 AM #7
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Not as much of a mess as Brillo's link
Brillo's link is in working order. :roll eyes:
Old 22-07-2017, 08:57 AM #8
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Brillo's link is in working order. :roll eyes:
The video is indefensible "hence it's not working" is a handy dodge

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 22-07-2017, 08:59 AM #9
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Indeed.
Old 22-07-2017, 09:03 AM #10
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
It was not working. It is now because Brillo has edited the post to fix it. The first time I came into the thread there was literally nothing to see, so it wasn't any sort of dodge, handy or otherwise li'l missy.

I've watched the video and I do understand why people are scared by it. To be honest my overall thinking lately is that there's an uncomfortable truth we're all ignoring and it always strikes me when I see these videos where crowds of people are swarming like ants;

The world is ****ed for the pure and simple reason that it is grossly overpopulated full stop, that problem gets worse by the second, and there's nothing we can do about it.

I swear the scariest link on the Internet is not an article or a video. It's just this:

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

It tells its own story and its all you need to know. IMO the world can comfortably support less than half of that number. And look at it. It just keeps on growing. Horrifying. We are such a plague...

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 22-07-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Old 22-07-2017, 09:07 AM #11

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Looking at the rest of Europe it suggests it is. What a great place to live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8OY_KUNqQ4
Scarey stuff brillo,it will happen eventually,lets see how the PC brigade explain things then.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Old 22-07-2017, 09:09 AM #12
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It was not working. It is now because Brillo has edited the post to fix it. The first time I came into the thread there was literally nothing to see, so it wasn't any sort of dodge, handy or otherwise li'l missy.

I've watched the video and I do understand why people are scared by it. To be honest my overall thinking lately is that there's an uncomfortable truth we're all ignoring and it always strikes me when I see these videos where crowds of people are swarming like ants;

The world is ****ed for the pure and simple reason that it is grossly overpopulated full stop, that problem gets worse by the second, and there's nothing we can do about it.

I swear the scariest link on the Internet is not an article or a video. It's just this:

It tells its own story and its all you need to know. IMO the world can comfortably support less than half of that number. And look at it. It just keeps on growing. Horrifying. We are such a plague...

I think Europe is getting to be a very scary place, Something like 9,000 migrants arrived from Africa near Venice last week, the numbers are staggering.

Old 22-07-2017, 09:10 AM #13
User banned

User banned

Quote:

Seeing that certainly makes you realise how quickly the population is growing and is very worrying.

But uncomfortable truth or not this excessive population growth is a far bigger problem within certain cultures. How do we address that if we are not allowed to mention it without fear of being labelled?
Old 22-07-2017, 09:25 AM #14
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Scarey stuff brillo,it will happen eventually,lets see how the PC brigade explain things then.
I hope the brave guy on the mobility scooter was ok. They turned their attentions to him apparently but that is when the filming stopped. No boundaries.
Old 22-07-2017, 09:33 AM #15
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

There are no go areas here where gang violence is rife already though, this would be the scene if you walked in with a film crew in many areas of London for instance, obviously it desperately needs addressing.

Last edited by Kizzy; 22-07-2017 at 09:34 AM.
Old 22-07-2017, 10:31 AM #16
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
There are no go areas here where gang violence is rife already though, this would be the scene if you walked in with a film crew in many areas of London for instance, obviously it desperately needs addressing.
It does if we want to be able to live in a safe country and even more importantly want our children to grow up in a safe country. This country is becoming more violent and dangerous by the day.
Old 22-07-2017, 10:39 AM #17
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
It does if we want to be able to live in a safe country and even more importantly want our children to grow up in a safe country. This country is becoming more violent and dangerous by the day.
What would be a solution?
Old 22-07-2017, 10:46 AM #18
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
What would be a solution?
I think there are a combination of reasons including migration, government policies and the creation of an environment where certain things cannot be discussed and therefore don't get addressed as they should - just escalating the problems.

What would you suggest?
Old 22-07-2017, 01:14 PM #19
-

-

A large part of the issue with the violence though is gangs / gang culture in London. E.g. The majority of these "acid attacks" are gang related. And yes, if we're being honest, there are many young 2nd / 3rd generation immigrants who end up in gangs, but this tends to be down to poverty and social stagnation, which exists across the board in our cities. Even if you completely halted all immigration, 100% of it, our cities would still have problems with gangs... The problem is a social and economic one that goes far beyond immigration.
Old 22-07-2017, 01:33 PM #20
User banned

User banned

Quote:
A large part of the issue with the violence though is gangs / gang culture in London. E.g. The majority of these "acid attacks" are gang related. And yes, if we're being honest, there are many young 2nd / 3rd generation immigrants who end up in gangs, but this tends to be down to poverty and social stagnation, which exists across the board in our cities. Even if you completely halted all immigration, 100% of it, our cities would still have problems with gangs... The problem is a social and economic one that goes far beyond immigration.
But don't you think many immigrants are their own worst enemy in this respect. If they make little or no attempts to assimilate i.e. learning to speak English or improving their language skills they will have problems. Learning to speak the lingo is a fundamental skill required to learn most other things.

I really don't see the problems - learning basic English and maths skills are free to non-English speakers, they have plenty of time to work on it and have others they can go to these classes with. We bend over backwards to help with these things. They need to adopt the attitude most of us do that, other than benefits, nothing is handed on a plate and they have to work for it.

It really is difficult to sympathise with people who have that mentality. So what do they do - as you say they often resort to gangs and violence and criminal activity, probably not that far removed from where they 'escaped' from.

Is it really simply a case of you can take the man out of the third world but you can't take the third world out of the man.

Last edited by Brillopad; 22-07-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Old 22-07-2017, 01:45 PM #21
-

-

Quote:
But don't you think many immigrants are their own worst enemy in this respect. If they make little or no attempts to assimilate i.e. learning to speak English or improving their language skills they will have problems. Learning to speak the lingo is a fundamental skill required to learn most other things.

I really don't see the problems - learning basic English and maths skills are free to non-English speakers, they have plenty of time to work on it and have others they can go to these classes with. We bend over backwards to help with these things. They need to adopt the attitude most of us do that, other than benefits, nothing is handed on a plate and they have to work for it.

It really is difficult to sympathise with people who have that mentality. So what do they do - as you say they often resort to gangs and violence and criminal activity, probably not that far removed from where they 'escaped' from.

Is it really simply a case of you can take the man out of the third world but you can't take the third world out of the man.
But plenty of the people in these gangs aren't immigrants. Large numbers are, simply because large numbers of people in the areas of cities prone to gang culture are, but it's certainly not confined to immigrant populations. And in fact, even when it is immigrant families, it tends to be 2nd/3rd generation youths born and raised in Britain, schooled in England, and who speak English as their FIRST language, who end up in these gangs. I'd say the gangs are more often than not "culturally English", in fact. So your final statement doesn't really explain why it happens.
Old 22-07-2017, 02:10 PM #22
User banned

User banned

Quote:
But plenty of the people in these gangs aren't immigrants. Large numbers are, simply because large numbers of people in the areas of cities prone to gang culture are, but it's certainly not confined to immigrant populations. And in fact, even when it is immigrant families, it tends to be 2nd/3rd generation youths born and raised in Britain, schooled in England, and who speak English as their FIRST language, who end up in these gangs. I'd say the gangs are more often than not "culturally English", in fact. So your final statement doesn't really explain why it happens.
I disagree that gangs are culturally English. I feel the gang mentality is something that has been brought here from third world countries. Gangs are rife in countries such as Africa and South America as is violence, rape and criminal activity - far worse than here.
Old 22-07-2017, 02:14 PM #23
Banned

Banned

'They aren't culturally english! They aren't white!'

TS has hit the nail on the head, gang culture is a social and economic issue rather than a race one.
Old 22-07-2017, 02:25 PM #24
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
'They aren't culturally english! They aren't white!'

TS has hit the nail on the head, gang culture is a social and economic issue rather than a race one.
Where exactly is the social and economic issue. All those living here have access to free education, free health care and free benefits (where needed) - everyone is equal in that respect.

Those from immigrant families have much more opportunities (especially 2nd/3rd generations) than they would likely have had if born into the countries their parents/grandparents came from. Many do do well. For those that don't there has to be an element of self-responsibility. You can't just keep blaming everything on us - it's a cop-out.

If you want to keep harping on about skin colour - I would like to know how many white gangs there are in comparison to non-white gangs. I think it is obvious there are a lot less white gangs - so how does that make gangs culturally English. That makes no sense.

Last edited by Brillopad; 22-07-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 22-07-2017, 03:44 PM #25
-

-

Quote:
Where exactly is the social and economic issue. All those living here have access to free education, free health care and free benefits (where needed) - everyone is equal in that respect.

Those from immigrant families have much more opportunities (especially 2nd/3rd generations) than they would likely have had if born into the countries their parents/grandparents came from. Many do do well. For those that don't there has to be an element of self-responsibility. You can't just keep blaming everything on us - it's a cop-out.

If you want to keep harping on about skin colour - I would like to know how many white gangs there are in comparison to non-white gangs. I think it is obvious there are a lot less white gangs - so how does that make gangs culturally English. That makes no sense.
The majority of gangs are mixed-race (as in, they have white, black, Asian, middle eastern, the works).
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
britains, future