Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 24-03-2019, 10:56 PM #601

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moniqua View Post
i just watched omg my heart </3
can you send me the link?!?!
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2019, 11:20 PM #602
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):

my heart is in LITERAL PIECES omg
Old 24-03-2019, 11:22 PM #603

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

i saw a certain scene on YouTube a half hour ago and </3

Im stuck between watching it now or tomorrow with snacks. What shall I do </3
Old 24-03-2019, 11:43 PM #604
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant. View Post
i saw a certain scene on YouTube a half hour ago and </3

Im stuck between watching it now or tomorrow with snacks. What shall I do </3
tomorrow

i should've done the same
Old 24-03-2019, 11:46 PM #605

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
tomorrow

i should've done the same
I know what happens but it's only made me more excited to watch it
Old 25-03-2019, 12:00 AM #606

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Link please!
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 12:08 AM #607
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

Am I hearing right, Tara got piked?
Old 25-03-2019, 02:32 PM #608

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
Spoiler:

Am I hearing right, Tara got piked?
Spoiler:

Yes. Click the spoilers below for my rant about Tara's death (and a couple of the other piked victims
Spoiler:

Sadly so. I honestly thought she had became invincible and I'm bloody devastated she's gone. She was easily one of my top 3 characters and has been for quite some time now.

I appreciate no character is truly safe in The Walking Dead, and in real life scenarios they're never gonna kill just one 'big' character, but I'm bloody annoyed that Tara's and Enid's deaths are being shared. They're both big enough deaths to be felt by all communities IMO. Tara especially.
Tara had interesting growth and a unique personality that no one else had. She had a quirky sense of humour and she was an 'enemy' (I use that term loosely) turn family member which is something we only seen with Saviors since (and now we only have Laura as a notable example... joys). She became a girl on the Governor's side who didn't want to fight to the leader of a big community. And a true leader, at that, one who engaged and helped Hilltop and looked out for its people. And it's bloody frustrating that Tara's gone.

I think I'm somewhat okay with her death because I feel like they utilised Tara well, but she honestly could've done with more screen-time this season. As well as more scenes with Jesus - their leadership and bond was interesting, especially when you think about their conflicting outlooks during All Out War. That said, I'm ****ing pissed she's dead.

But that brings me onto Enid.
Enid's easily had some of the biggest growth in the show, if not explicit. She went from a girl who didn't want to live at Alexandria and with people to forming an almost parent-daughter bond with Maggie (and to a lesser extent, Glenn), a relationship (of sorts) with Carl, before becoming a doctor. Pretty interesting to compare Season 9 Enid to Season 5 Enid, but it's saddening to think of how little screentime she got for most of that development and how... not-independent she became.
Above anything, Enid was a survivor ("Just Survive Somehow" ring any bells?) and has survived on her own for a good while - heck, she voluntarily chose to be alone until she started getting closer to Maggie and Glenn. And maybe she became less of a survivor because life became 'easier' (for lack of a better word) but I just find it hard to believe Enid, someone so hardened by past trauma and an independent survivor, could end up on a pike. How was she so easily convinced to leave the fair? Was she convinced that Alpha or someone was hurt? None of it makes sense to me - especially as there was no mention of her ever intending to leave the fair (on that note, Tammy, Addy, and Rodney were all a bit random).

I could go into the "Bury Your Gays" territory if I chose to (especially with the loss of Jesus - although Tom Payne did choose to leave (I think?) but regardless, Alanna didn't want to leave - Tara was written off as a death) but I won't (Two gay characters introduced in episode 5 and within ten episodes another two gay characters are killed off? Hmm (although there were like, 8 other deaths of straight people that episode so meh) because what's annoyed me is the way they've died.

They only really needed one 'big' death, and Enid or Tara could've been that. Not both. I remember hearing both of them would die and thought "nah" because why would they kill off two of Hilltop's biggest members? Killing off Enid would impact all of the Hilltoppers + Aaron (and even some original Alexandrians) and killing off Tara would... pretty much impact all of the Hilltoppers only (I want to say Rosita but for some reason their entire friendship was neglected this season which is a damn shame because they were great together. GREATM anyone?). They said they killed off people because of who it'd impact and Tara and Enid's deaths have too much overlap that only one or the other was necessary. And even if one of them was only killed off, they'd still be sharing their spotlight with Henry. It's just so frustrating they had two well-rounded, developed, interesting characters and decided to kill them off after under-utilising them all season (and in Enid's case, past two seasons). I would've been more okay with Tara being a 'big death' and Enid following in the next finale/premiere but regardless, here we are.

It's also a tad weird that they just. Killed off Frankie. She appeared in like, 4
episodes before Season 9? She didn't appear when AOW ended, she didn't appear after the 1.5 year skip, and she didn't appear in the six year time jump until this episode technically. They decided to give her an adopted daughter which was cute but how did they meet? How did Frankie decide to adopt her?And why was Frankie only mentioned by namefor the first time all season (by Eugene, which is a nice callback to their interactions in Season 7) literally 2 seconds before her death was revealed? Frankie could've easily been a more heart-breaking death if we saw a few scenes of her forming a bond with a child and becoming a mother but nah, they just decided to show her in the background hugging a child last episode. No explanation as to how she ended up an Alexandrian or how she became a mother. No nothing. The viewers aren't thinking "aw her poor kid", they're thinking "who the **** is Frankie?"

In case you can't tell I'm a tad pissed about the lineup lmao. They should've utilised the 'red-shirts' a bit more and only had one 'major' death (a lot of this stems from feelings about Abe being brushed under the dust in favour of a 'bigger' death in Glenn). It's not enough to make me want to stop watching but it's frustrating, and it bites more knowing that Michonne's gonna be gone from the show within mere episodes and that a certain someone else is rumoured to die
Old 25-03-2019, 03:23 PM #609
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Spoiler:

In case you can't tell I'm a tad pissed about the lineup lmao. They should've utilised the 'red-shirts' a bit more and only had one 'major' death (a lot of this stems from feelings about Abe being brushed under the dust in favour of a 'bigger' death in Glenn). It's not enough to make me want to stop watching but it's frustrating, and it bites more knowing that Michonne's gonna be gone from the show within mere episodes and that a certain someone else is rumoured to die
Spoiler:

my feelings exactly

Abe's death being forgotten about and thus Sasha and Rosita's anger in season 7 were completely overshadowed by Glenn's death and Maggie's widow storyline really got on ma tits WHEW

Michonne better get a fookin ICONIC send-off next season to compensate for my absolute devastation over her leaving

is that 'certain someone that's rumored to die'..........................

Spoiler:

Ezekial?

Old 25-03-2019, 03:31 PM #610

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Spoiler:

my feelings exactly

Abe's death being forgotten about and thus Sasha and Rosita's anger in season 7 were completely overshadowed by Glenn's death and Maggie's widow storyline really got on ma tits WHEW

Michonne better get a fookin ICONIC send-off next season to compensate for my absolute devastation over her leaving

is that 'certain someone that's rumored to die'..........................

Spoiler:

Ezekial?

Spoiler:

Yeah it's a real shame that the only real 'justice' for Abe died with Sasha (and even then Sasha's airtime was with comforting Maggie and trying to make amends with Rosita which was cute!! But could we not have seen more scenes of her missing Abe? That scene where Rosita and Sasha talking about they have each others backs was golden and we should've had more of that
It really became more apparent that Glenn's death was the focus with Maggie's speech in the season 7 finale. It's understandable to as why Glenn's death became the focus, but really? Did they need to off Abraham like that? It bites a bit more when you think about how Negan wasn't even kept alive for Abraham let alone Glenn, but rather for a pointless death in Carl. It sucks for Glenn but Abraham was ****ed over from the get-go. Embarrassing

Michonne needs an amazing send off (I actually liked Rick's, I don't know if that's controversial) but I also hope she gets an open-ended ending. But I also don't want her taking Judith with her. Judith is here to do what Carl can no longer do (well, relatively - an 8 year old girl is obviously different than a early teen boy hence why Henry adapted some of Carl's stuff this season) and there is officially no viable child to take the reigns in the show

And
Spoiler:

yes, yes it is
Old 25-03-2019, 08:42 PM #611

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

You've heard of Elf on the Shelf, now get ready for...

Spoiler:

9x15 spoilers
Spoiler:

Old 25-03-2019, 09:12 PM #612
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

I haven't watched this season yet. I plan to binge at the end but...

Spoiler:

what a shock they kill Enid just as she started to come into her own though just like they did with Beth.
Not predictable at all. Now Tara is gone, Michonne is almost certainly going and there is a real threat Rosita is going to die I am officially over TWD. I love Carol but one character doesn't retain my interest.
Old 25-03-2019, 09:39 PM #613
Namaste

Namaste

Phenomenal episode I'd already seen the spoilers but that didn't dilute the effect of what happened.

But as chilling as the border reveal was, it was the flashback of the victims all fighting back that really stuck with me. One of the best scenes of the entire show.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 09:46 PM #614
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):

Underrated Opinion(?) but.....

Spoiler:

ah fookin LOVED Tammy Rose and wish they killed ha boring ass husband instead of her </3

Last edited by Moniqua; 25-03-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Moniqua is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 10:06 PM #615

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
Phenomenal episode I'd already seen the spoilers but that didn't dilute the effect of what happened.
Spoiler:

But as chilling as the border reveal was, it was the flashback of the victims all fighting back that really stuck with me. One of the best scenes of the entire show.
Spoiler:

It was really powerful seeing Frankie and Addy team up and whatnot. I loved how ready Enid looked, and I'm sure I caught Tara killing a whisperer about to attack DJ? As cruel as this sounds, I wish we got to see more of their fight.. and how they died. And how they got into that situation. But in a sense it's great that the last time we saw these characters is when they were fighting together. It's good to know they didn't just randomly get their throats slit in the middle of a field.
Siddiq was the only one not fighting back. I know he's not been known for conflict but yikes.
Old 25-03-2019, 10:17 PM #616

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
I haven't watched this season yet. I plan to binge at the end but...

Spoiler:

what a shock they kill Enid just as she started to come into her own though just like they did with Beth.
Not predictable at all. Now Tara is gone, Michonne is almost certainly going and there is a real threat Rosita is going to die I am officially over TWD. I love Carol but one character doesn't retain my interest.
Spoiler:

Rosita? Die? What gives you that idea? IMO it'd be really unwise to kill off Rosita any time soon. I know they killed off a pregnant Rosita in the comics but I can't imagine that would be seen as acceptable to air, and Rosita isn't even visibly pregnant, so shes still got a good few months left until she gives birth. And the show's done enough timeskips for one season, so I can imagine we'll be seeing Rosita through her pregnancy at least (I doubt we'll be seeing any time jumps, especially since they can't really be skipping the aftermath and conflict with the Whisperers since it's only just bdginning.

On that note, Rosita is about to become the 2nd longest running female character, now Maggie is AWOL, Michonne is leaving, and Tara is dead (it physically pains me to write that ), and is currently the 4th longest running character (about to be third once Michonne leaves). I honestly think her pregnancy, and her longevity, AND her storylines (she's pretty involved with the radio stuff which is a story in the comics she wasn't a part of necessarily) cement Rosita as unkillable until at least Season 11.
I know they've proven anyone can be killed off after they killed off Carl last season but they're spreading themselves thin. Pre Alexandria we only have Gabe, Rosita, Eugene, Carol, and Daryl (once Michonne leaves, that is). Everyone used to love the "Atlanta 5" and now there's barely 5 people from before Alexandria (and even with Alexandria, whose there that's worth noting? There's Aaron, but besides him there's only maybe Scott who has stayed in the show since season 5).

Honestly, your point about Beth is why so many people (and I did, but I gave up hope) believe Beth is still alive. They ****ed up her death, too, by being so ambigious and not giving her a funeral and all those bourry pics of her with Morgan circulating the internet. I guess what I'm trying to say I'd, the show's been going downhill since season 5 lmao
Old 25-03-2019, 10:20 PM #617

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Underrated Opinion(?) but.....

Spoiler:

ah fookin LOVED Tammy Rose and wish they killed ha boring ass husband instead of her </3
Spoiler:

Fun fact! Tara and Enid's deaths were undecided until quite late into the season's production. When Brett was cast as Tammy, she was told straightaway "we're putting you on the pikes! ". Her death was sad and it was so cute seeing her with the baby and I honestly wish they gave Frankie the treatment Tammy Rose got.
Old 25-03-2019, 10:39 PM #618
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):

it's been a day and i still literally cannot stop thinking about TWD this isn't healthy
Old 26-03-2019, 02:43 AM #619

As much as I miss Rick, this season has lowkey been really good. Perhaps the best since season 5ish.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 06:51 PM #620
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
It was really powerful seeing Frankie and Addy team up and whatnot. I loved how ready Enid looked, and I'm sure I caught Tara killing a whisperer about to attack DJ? As cruel as this sounds, I wish we got to see more of their fight.. and how they died. And how they got into that situation. But in a sense it's great that the last time we saw these characters is when they were fighting together. It's good to know they didn't just randomly get their throats slit in the middle of a field.
Siddiq was the only one not fighting back. I know he's not been known for conflict but yikes. [/SPOILER]
Also Frankie kicking like mad while still bound on the floor and Tammy with the shovel I assumed Siddiq fought too but that the flashbacks were for focusing on those who died. Rodney seemed too scared to fight back but I can't really blame him

I'd definitely liked to have seen more though, especially to clear up how each was taken and how exactly the deaths played out.

When hearing about this event in the comics I always assumed they were discreetly killed after being snatched without any of them knowing what was going on but having them all corralled together first just added so much more poignancy to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
As much as I miss Rick, this season has lowkey been really good. Perhaps the best since season 5ish.
Best since 4 for me. Actually I'd probably rank it second after 4.

Last edited by Lostie!; 26-03-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 07:22 PM #621

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
Also Frankie kicking like mad while still bound on the floor and Tammy with the shovel I assumed Siddiq fought too but that the flashbacks were for focusing on those who died. Rodney seemed to scared to fight back but I can't really blame him

I'd definitely liked to have seen more though, especially to clear up how each was taken and how exactly the deaths played out.

When hearing about this event in the comics I always assumed they were discreetly killed after being snatched without any of them knowing what was going on but having them all corralled together first just added so much more poignancy to it.

Best since 4 for me. Actually I'd probably rank it second after 4.
I was pleasantly surprised by Tammy fighting back! It was even better when we think back to how Tammy took on the walkers in 9x13(I think? The one where they introduced the Highwaymen). Every time I think about Frankie a part of me feels sad, because she was one of Negan's 'wives' and was pretty unique because she was the only one left (that we know of). They really could have done something with that, and even if they didn't, Frankie was now a mum. They could've at least seen her doing some mother/daughter stuff with her child in the last episode (I think Frankie only spoke like, one line while her daughter was stood next to her?) Seeing her fight so hard is even more heartbreaking when you consider the fact she's got a kid, a kid she adopted nonetheless.

Poor Rodney (I can't remember if it was him or Gage that taunted Lydia about Henry and Addy, or both, but still </3) really would've liked to have seen more of the teens (and the pike victims in general) but I'm still traumatised because Alpha just killed three teenage kids (I remember hearing Negan Lucille'd a sixteen year old kid and being disturbed. Now we've seen three decapitated kids ).

I do hope (and think) we'll see flashbacks. What I wanna know is, why didn't Alpha just kill them straight away? (Rhetorical, but I do wonder what people's opinions are - I can't think of a reason as to why she delayed killing them unless she tried to find more) Why did she capture them, tie them up, and then only decide to kill them once she got ambushed by DJ/Ozzy/Alek? She wasn't even watching them? She just decided to randomly walk in while the Whisperers were attacking them? Was there a reason she waited before she killed them?

And how did she kill them? (Rhetorical again) Did she decapitate them alive, or did she murder them by other means before cutting their heads off? I've got so many questions and I just want to know how it all went down . I dunno if seeing more of the fighting back scene (especially without music and not in slow motion, which would probably be necessary if they did try and explain the entire story) would ruin how touching it was, but I'm definitely curious as to how some of my favourite characters spent their last moments alive.

Yeah, that's what I assumed from the comics, too. According to Robert Kirkman (for the comics, this is), "Alpha probably lured people outside the fair, i.e. asking help finding someone, asking to carry something, etc."
Old 26-03-2019, 09:47 PM #622
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):

What. The. ****.

Henry?! I did not see that coming at all. What a brilliant episode
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 10:12 PM #623
Marc

Favourites (more):

Marc

Favourites (more):

As much as I like Ezekiel, I think having him die fighting by Henry's side would have been amazing.
Old 26-03-2019, 10:29 PM #624
Marc

Favourites (more):

Marc

Favourites (more):

Now imagine, that was how Carl died (and not Henry)

How ****ing insane would that be
Old 26-03-2019, 11:52 PM #625
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
I think it's because the show has a proper antagonist for the heroes to go up against this season, where as sadly for Rick most of his villains were mini-arcs with the exception of The Governor and Negan.

I haven't caught every episode this season but I do like Alpha and The Whisperers in general whenever I catch the show, it's a shame that villains like this weren't used in seasons 5 & 6 which both years desperately needed imo.

But yeah overall the season does look better than the last few seasons imo, if not still grinding my gears over the boring Soapy bits.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
22, banned, club, dead, discusssion, ezekiel, fan, fanclub, king, list, niamh, oct, season, thread, trailer, walking