Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 27-03-2019, 03:55 AM #626
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

I could be wrong, I read the comics years ago and they deviate from the show so much I have made mistakes before but I think it is implied in the comics that people were lurked away before being attacked. They were all at a fair and Alpha lead them away from the group and that's the last you see of them until the border scene.

I do prefer how the show has handled it to be honest.

Last edited by Amy Jade; 27-03-2019 at 04:07 AM.
Amy Jade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 06:34 AM #627

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

Favourites (more):

Just watched last night's it was a fantastic episode in fact I have adored season 9!! But it was heartbreaking. Sometimes the walking dead manages to touch on real life issues and then whole strangers united fighting a threat to the end etc really struck a cord with issues like terrorism so it was very powerful. Also seeing kids like Judith and Lydia knowing what background they have had since being very young just having joy on their faces at being able to watch a movie. That was pretty emotional too

Last edited by Strictly Jake; 27-03-2019 at 06:43 AM.
Strictly Jake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 07:37 AM #628
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

very good episode, also what a sadistic psychopathic bitch this alpha is

the irony how Lydia wanted alpha not to get hurt, and her killing the one she really liked (Henry)

what i can see happening now

Spoiler:

Carol & Lydia bonding, more of a mother/daughter relationship, what Lydia also needs a true mother figure, rather than the psychopath alpha who has been a horrible mother to her

Ozzy and highwaymen killed off too soon

Negan should be let out of his cell now, and be in the Alexandria board as a sort of strategy advisor for Michonne, he'll also be furious after knowing alpha killed 2 of his saviours (Frankie, DJ) frankie also having been one of his wives

Beta's badass appearance was almost like (surprise, bitch you haven't seen the last of me)

overall i liked it, i was smiling at the start of ep with the fair, and at the end i was crying

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 08:55 AM #629
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

This season has been amazing, I hadn't read any spoilers so it was so shocking, I was fully expecting the Kings head to be at the end so I was glad that didn't happen

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 09:00 AM #630
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
This season has been amazing, I hadn't read any spoilers so it was so shocking, I was fully expecting the Kings head to be at the end so I was glad that didn't happen
i was worried for Dog and Jerry honestly

it makes you sadder if you think more into who were on the pikes

- Enid never heard alden sing

- Henry never went to the movie with Lydia

- Tammy will never see her new son grow up

- Ozzy, Alek only got hired recently as guards with promise of seeing few movies, also never saw a movie

but also a few good things DJ, Frankie (formerly saviours) dying a heroic death trying to save the others (they failed but still, they died as heroes not villains)

Alpha killing the whisperer was more ''crying is a weakness'' he saw her cry and she doesn't want that to be seen

Old 29-03-2019, 02:31 PM #631
-

-

I was like but let's face it, no one is bothered about Henry being dead . Enid and Tara were shocks. But yes Nicky - I too was having a panic that the last head would be Dog! I would have boycotted the show. Best new character in years.

Comic / possible show spoilers:

Spoiler:

Do we reckon the show will follow the comics and it'll be Negan who kills Alpha? It would sort of play into this redemption arc he's got going on... and with Michonne leaving but (presumably) Judith not leaving, maybe Alpha in some way threatens Judith and Negan sees himself as her new protector . I believe in the comics, Alpha's death is what sparks the Whisperer war lead by Beta and it's eventually Aaron that shoots and kills Beta - but in the show I think it's a safe bet that it'll be a crossbow bolt from Daryl.

Also, I think in the comics, Beta kills Andrea whose role in the show has been filled by Michonne sooo... .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 02:33 PM #632
-

-

Also, did anyone else think "oooooh, a boss battle!" when Daryl and Beta both whipped out the dual-knives in ep 14?
Old 29-03-2019, 02:44 PM #633
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Comic / possible show spoilers:

Spoiler:

Do we reckon the show will follow the comics and it'll be Negan who kills Alpha? It would sort of play into this redemption arc he's got going on... and with Michonne leaving but (presumably) Judith not leaving, maybe Alpha in some way threatens Judith and Negan sees himself as her new protector . I believe in the comics, Alpha's death is what sparks the Whisperer war lead by Beta and it's eventually Aaron that shoots and kills Beta - but in the show I think it's a safe bet that it'll be a crossbow bolt from Daryl.

Also, I think in the comics, Beta kills Andrea whose role in the show has been filled by Michonne sooo... .
Spoiler:

Negan killing Alpha would be so disappointing. Now them flipping it and having her kill him would be glorious but that's not happening I think Carol as Alpha's killer would be better, and nicely foreshadowed in the latest ep when Alpha said she can't wait to meet her.

Wasn't Andrea bit? I haven't read that far but I keep up with the general gist online but I'm sure I read she got bit and killed herself, quite like her TV counterpart if so

Last edited by Lostie!; 29-03-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 02:50 PM #634
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
Spoiler:

Negan killing Alpha would be so disappointing. Now them flipping it and having her kill him would be glorious but that's not happening I think Carol as Alpha's killer would be better, and nicely foreshadowed in the latest ep when Alpha said she can't wait to meet her.

Wasn't Andrea bit? I haven't read that far but I keep up with the general gist online but I'm sure I read she got bit and killed herself, quite like her TV counterpart if so
Spoiler:

Yeah she was bitten but it was caused by Alpha... "murder by zombie" innit. They might make it Carol that kills Alpha but from what I can gather, Alpha's death is just the start of the war. Of course the show might flip that around and have Daryl kill Beta early sparking a war lead by Alpha.
Old 29-03-2019, 04:04 PM #635
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Samantha Morton is definitely in the best role of her career as Alpha

Old 29-03-2019, 04:26 PM #636

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

[/QUOTE]

Spoiler:

I really hope Judith doesn't leave I really hope Carol ends up being Alpha's killer. I really do think "I hope to meet her" is foreshadowing - but a Savior mentioned having Ezekiel's head on a pike last season and lo and behold nothing came of that.
Spoilers for 9x16:
Spoiler:

I'm ngl, I scoffed a bit at the idea of Negan becoming paternal to Judith, even if they've clearly been going down that path Regardless, in the next episode Negan finds Judith freezing in the snow (she went out to find Dog - who is safe!! don't worry) and he saves her. So I guess you're right

Beta doesn't necessarily 'kill' Andrea I don't think? I believe Beta unleashes the mega herd and Andrea's part of a group sent out to kill the walkers, and she gets bit on her neck without realising. Then she turns and in a similar fashion to Amy, Rick handles her reanimated self crying and then puts her down

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Alpha killing Negan would be a PERFECT deviation! I never thought of that happening. I really like this idea + Carol killing her and I'm gonna be so disappointed that this won't happen

re: the last part, Andrea does get bit (on her neck, just like the show) and then she actually reanimates, she doesn't commit suicide. Rick puts her down
(
After she dies Rick cries and Michonne comforts him saying "I'll be there for you, even when I'm not" or words to that effect and they lean on each other and smile so a part of me is thinking the comics are gonna copy the show for once and give us comic book Richonne

In regards to Michonne getting Andrea's death, I'd be really disappointed I really want Michonne to go off into the sunset with Rick (but I also want Judith to stay in the show and that won't happen if Rick returns/Michonne doesn't die so :/). Andrea's comic story has been fragmented among different characters (Sasha being the marksman (which actually prompted some people to think Sasha will be Rick's girlfriend ), Carol mothering girls (Andrea mothered another set of kids in the comics, one of which killed his brother, just like the Lizzie/Mika storyline, except Carol kills Lizzie whereas Carl kills Billy and Andrea can't), and a few others (Comic Michonne's story is similarly split up - Michonne's the one who has a breakdown at the welcome party in Alexandria instead of Sasha, for example). So hopefully someone else will get that death (although I don't really feel like it's necessary in the TV show)
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-03-2019, 04:30 PM #637
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

honestly i want alpha to die, cause then Beta will be the whisperers new leader and i find him such a badass, falling down the elevator shaft and surviving that

Old 30-03-2019, 12:21 AM #638

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

If I can thank Season 9 for anything it's that I've LOVED Daryl this season. I was a fan between seasons 1-3 but I went off him Season 4 and I DESPISED him season 6 onwards

I should be bitter that he's getting the main connection with Lydia instead of Carl/'Henry' ('connection' because obviously Daryl ain't dating Lydia like Carl), a story with Beta (instead of Aaron/Jesus), and whatnot, but I'm not, and I actually think Beta vs Daryl is the best rivalry they could've went with with Beta.

I'm also living for Daryl's connection with Lydia. I really like they've sorta acknowledged Daryl's past with abuse (and on that note, Carol as well) through her, and I like how he's sort of becoming paternal with her. Also I LIVE for Daryl's cute friendship with Connie. When he learnt some sign language for her I was really scared they'd make him out to be some edgy loner recluse (which they sorta did) but I really think they've brought back the Daryl from earlier seasons. Daryl's back on form (which I'm really happy about because no doubt the shift will go to him and Carol with Michonne leaving and the idea of Daryl taking over Rick REPULSED me before Season 9 aired)
Old 30-03-2019, 12:24 AM #639

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

9x16 spoiler talk

Spoiler:

I really like that Carol's going to live at Alexandria. She always felt out of place at the Kingdom, I dunno why, especially since she's been there since Season 7. Seeing Tara leading Hilltop in Season 9 from the getgo felt so natural - it was like she belonged there, more so than Alexandria. With Carol it never felt like she had her place at the Kingdom, so I'm glad she's back at Alexandria

(and with Daryl and Lydia? I've never been one for shipping but I would welcome Caryl happening with Carzekiel breaking up. Carol and Daryl has been my favourite dynamic since the early days.

Which reminds me of Carol's smug smile when she hears a motorbike during AOW ICONIC
Old 31-03-2019, 10:01 PM #640
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant. View Post
9x16 spoiler talk

Spoiler:

I really like that Carol's going to live at Alexandria. She always felt out of place at the Kingdom, I dunno why, especially since she's been there since Season 7. Seeing Tara leading Hilltop in Season 9 from the getgo felt so natural - it was like she belonged there, more so than Alexandria. With Carol it never felt like she had her place at the Kingdom, so I'm glad she's back at Alexandria

(and with Daryl and Lydia? I've never been one for shipping but I would welcome Caryl happening with Carzekiel breaking up. Carol and Daryl has been my favourite dynamic since the early days.

Which reminds me of Carol's smug smile when she hears a motorbike during AOW ICONIC
Ew no to the Daryl and Carol shipping - they've established them as close friends and that works fine, they better not start them on a romance. Yuck. Discustenn.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:56 AM #641
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
9x16 spoiler talk

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

so now Carol will probably also meet Negan for first time, cause they never did in all those 3 series he's on the series

Negan saving Judith and Dog in that blizzard he also has figured it out correctly who is father of Rosita's baby, Siddiq

Old 03-04-2019, 04:00 PM #642
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
Spoiler:

Negan saving Judith and Dog in that blizzard he also has figured it out correctly who is father of Rosita's baby, Siddiq
I think everyone knows that / it's not a secret? The impression I got was that she was with (or at least, sleeping with) him before she got together with Gabriel, then found out she was pregnant really soon after they got together (so they already knew it couldn't be his). Negan just likes winding them up about it .
Old 03-04-2019, 05:21 PM #643

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

It was a decent episode but not a lot happened really did it, apart from me adoring negan
Old 14-05-2019, 12:22 AM #644

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Whiskey Cavalier (the show Lauren Cohan moved to when she left TWD) has been cancelled, and iirc Cohan's been in contact with the showrunners ever since she left about potential returns.

Could we see Maggie's return this season? I certainly hope so. With Michonne leaving, I need Maggie back to give me more incentive to stay

minor spoiler for Season 10:
Spoiler:

Cyndie's actress has been seen recording. So not only are we seeing Oceanside back, but we've finally got Cyndie back alongside new Rachel
Old 14-05-2019, 07:00 AM #645
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):

Quote:
minor spoiler for Season 10:
Spoiler:

Cyndie's actress has been seen recording. So not only are we seeing Oceanside back, but we've finally got Cyndie back alongside new Rachel
Spoiler:

THANK FOOK

i was so scared that they killed her off screen since they had Rachel be the one to sign the contract instead of Cyndie. am happy to be proved wrong!

Last edited by Moniqua; 14-05-2019 at 07:00 AM.
Moniqua is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:17 PM #646

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moniqua View Post
Spoiler:

THANK FOOK

i was so scared that they killed her off screen since they had Rachel be the one to sign the contract instead of Cyndie. am happy to be proved wrong!
Spoiler:

Cyndie's actress was busy apparently when they filmed that
Old 06-06-2019, 12:18 PM #647

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Comic book spoilers:

Spoiler:

A ****ing MESS at them killing off Rick Grimes
Old 06-06-2019, 02:00 PM #648
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Comic book spoilers:

Spoiler:

A ****ing MESS at them killing off Rick Grimes

Spoiler:

MESSSSSSSS WTF

how? i-
Old 20-07-2019, 12:26 AM #649

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

MICHONNE AND EZEKIEL?? REALLY?? I know it was a thing in the comics but it feels completely out of nowhere?

What's Negan doing with Lucille? Why does she look a tad different? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moniqua View Post
Spoiler:

MESSSSSSSS WTF

how? i-
Spoiler:

idk if you saw in the FTWD thread but, yeah, the comics ended the issue after that with a 20 year time skip and epilogue
Old 20-07-2019, 06:15 AM #650
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...wow that’s a packed trailer, I meant that trailer is FULL......I wonder if that’s an indication of falling viewers..?...maybe I’m reading too much into it...I don’t know I just feel as though the characters are not developing anymore so it’s focusing on other things for interest...and I’m losing a little of my interest, I don’t know if I’ll begin the series or not atm...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
22, banned, club, dead, discusssion, ezekiel, fan, fanclub, king, list, niamh, oct, season, thread, trailer, walking