Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:19 PM #101
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Cherie, you should try taking negative about Christians and Jesus Christ, they'll all be on your side then.

Or talk negatively about the Royal Family and the Royalists, and they'll all be your best friend and join in with you.

But Islam is a no go. It's top of the league in the prejudice hierarchy (at the moment). It trumps every other.

Trump and his supporters are fair game for a bashing, try that one.
Is better Christian integration needed to reduce crime?

Is better integration of the Royal family needed to reduce crime?

Is better integration of Trump supporters needed for anything at all?

This is not about "defending Muslims" it's about seeking a solution to a problem. Do I have any particular desire to defend Islam? No, I think it's as bonkers as any other organised religion, and I'd rather live in a world where all people would give all of them up and exist without the fantasies.

But we don't live in that world, there are problems, there are subcultures, there are violent gangs that develop in those subcultures, and doggedly demanding the right to "SAY ANGRY STUFF ABOUT THAT!" despite the fact that it increases and feeds into segregation and therefore makes things WORSE not BETTER, is petty, and selfish, childish and stupid. What does it do? What possible use is it to anyone? It's just saying "well I think that thing is bad and I want to whinge about it and I don't care what the consequences are because it's my right to flap my gums".
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:37 PM #102
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post

This is not about "defending Muslims" it's about seeking a solution to a problem. Do I have any particular desire to defend Islam? No, I think it's as bonkers as any other organised religion, and I'd rather live in a world where all people would give all of them up and exist without the fantasies.

But we don't live in that world, there are problems, there are subcultures, there are violent gangs that develop in those subcultures, and doggedly demanding the right to "SAY ANGRY STUFF ABOUT THAT!" despite the fact that it increases and feeds into segregation and therefore makes things WORSE not BETTER, is petty, and selfish, childish and stupid. What does it do? What possible use is it to anyone? It's just saying "well I think that thing is bad and I want to whinge about it and I don't care what the consequences are because it's my right to flap my gums".
Everyone in SD is flapping their gums - no exceptions!

It's all about whether you flap to the right, left or centre. Flap away I say! What's the point of a debate forum otherwise!!!
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:48 PM #103

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Quote:

Are Christians and the royal family telling women what to wear and who to marry lately or not allowing them to be part of the same meeting as men. Perhaps her maj is into harming women over so called honour? We can't be reading the same news sources TS, yours must be entertaining.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:30 PM #104
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
Are Christians and the royal family telling women what to wear and who to marry lately or not allowing them to be part of the same meeting as men. Perhaps her maj is into harming women over so called honour? We can't be reading the same news sources TS, yours must be entertaining.
You literally have zero comprehension of my point Jaxie. Genuinely, nothing you have said has any bearing on my point, other than straight up confirming it. It's frustrating, and boring.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:50 PM #105
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

this issue is of people not being chased down and convicted for fear of outraging groups seen as currently discriminated against (rightly or wrongly).

Any criminal group should not be allowed to hide behind such protection. It's really that simple. Everything else is pandering to their excuses.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 05:02 PM #106

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
And therein lies the problem with making sweeping statements about religion when discussing other issues. You get backlash, and the real issue gets lost.

But hey... you gotta fight for the right to... say stuff about Muslims etc. at any given opportunity. I guess. I mean that's the important thing isn't it? What was this story about again?
Its ok to refer to the persons being muslim when its a positive....like bake of crowning their first muslim winner..bloody banners are still being waved about that.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
asian, paedophile, racist, ring