Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 18-08-2017, 11:32 AM #26
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Children from areas of high social deprivation and specifically looked after children have ALWAYS been targeted by predatory groups of all kinds. The issue here was the divisory tone of the 'Muslim problem' article in of all rags the sun newspaper, this was pure propaganda.

It's unfortunate as there may be a measure of truth in her comments, we know there was suppression of information on known individuals and groups due to 'community cohesion' worries, that was wrong.
That said there has for years been suppression of information on many individuals and groups across a wide spectrum, where is the outing for those?

There was investigations into political, elite, celebrity figures being involved in paedophile rings, the focus is now on Muslim paedophiles as it suits the current narrative in the media imo.
Yes it is an issue, yes it should be addressed yet I am suspicious of the time and the place here.

She was NOT sacked, as she has herself stated

Are they kidding Operation Yewtree who named may innocents during their investigation

Catholic priests all of whom are now tarred with the same brush, but hey that's fine

The problem here is the community is not coming out to condemn these men, all I have heard is "we shouldn't all be tarred", "the girls should have been looked after better", the community themselves are doing themselves no favours, hold your hands up and say yes it is a problem and we will address it in mosques and in schools and with the communities, show that yo are doing something rather than trying to make it go away, no one with a modicum of intelligence thinks all pakistanis are paedos, and to suggest such a thing is pretty ridiculous, yes there are groups on the right who will use it to their advantage but not addressing the problem is playing right into their hands

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 11:47 AM #27
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Children from areas of high social deprivation and specifically looked after children have ALWAYS been targeted by predatory groups of all kinds. The issue here was the divisory tone of the 'Muslim problem' article in of all rags the sun newspaper, this was pure propaganda.

It's unfortunate as there may be a measure of truth in her comments, we know there was suppression of information on known individuals and groups due to 'community cohesion' worries, that was wrong.
That said there has for years been suppression of information on many individuals and groups across a wide spectrum, where is the outing for those?

There was investigations into political, elite, celebrity figures being involved in paedophile rings, the focus is now on Muslim paedophiles as it suits the current narrative in the media imo.
Yes it is an issue, yes it should be addressed yet I am suspicious of the time and the place here.

She was NOT sacked, as she has herself stated
Well when is the right time to focus on this? It should be addressed immediately, you can't say the media never focused on white paedophiles but not you're saying because it's Muslims it's suspicious?
Wizard. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 12:10 PM #28
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Well when is the right time to focus on this? It should be addressed immediately, you can't say the media never focused on white paedophiles but not you're saying because it's Muslims it's suspicious?
It without doubt should have been addressed immediately, it wasn't and is now being used as anti Muslim propaganda by the sun newspaper for one instance. Personally I find that suspicious.
Old 18-08-2017, 12:36 PM #29
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I don't think you're getting the points? She was the MP of a constituency that had thousands of girls groomed, abused and raped by a sex ring of Pakistani men, why isn't this aloud to be highlighted? In a white majority country, you wouldn't point out their whiteness if it was white men. No, not all Pakistani/Asian men are like this or do these horrific crimes, but it is a problem that needs dealing with, and if nobody is willing to address the fact that these men are from a Pakistani background then we as a country are failing the young girl, the CHILDREN, that are being abused on a daily basis because nobody is willing to say the types of people involved in these gangs meaning that thy don't get caught.

That's what the people of Rochdale did, and those girls had to endure years of being raped because nobody spoke out for them Now that we know what's going on, we shouldn't let it go back to being a secret.
Where have I said that sex rings shouldn't be highlighted and exposed? I'm just against making it an issue of race when so many people will look at this story and pretend to care just so they can feel that their prejudices against anyone with brown skin is justified.

I care about the victims, I care about the crime and preventing it from happening again and prevention can be achieved without turning proceedings into an unhelpful racially motivated witch hunt PR exercise which Sarah Champion's comments have done.

Last edited by Tom4784; 18-08-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 01:22 PM #30
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Are they kidding Operation Yewtree who named may innocents during their investigation

Catholic priests all of whom are now tarred with the same brush, but hey that's fine

The problem here is the community is not coming out to condemn these men, all I have heard is "we shouldn't all be tarred", "the girls should have been looked after better", the community themselves are doing themselves no favours, hold your hands up and say yes it is a problem and we will address it in mosques and in schools and with the communities, show that yo are doing something rather than trying to make it go away, no one with a modicum of intelligence thinks all pakistanis are paedos, and to suggest such a thing is pretty ridiculous, yes there are groups on the right who will use it to their advantage but not addressing the problem is playing right into their hands
I'm not discussing innocents questioned during investigations, just those charged and convicted.

There is an issue within the Catholic church, that goes without saying doesn't it? Personally I haven't mentioned priests but thank you for reminding me that is another sub group that predators infiltrate to get access to young vulnerable people. Not all priests obviously, should the priests that are not paedophiles address the issue prior to every service; No of course they shouldn't

How do you know the communities are not coming out to condemn these people? I agree that like the Catholic priests nobody should be tarred and yet they are, to be fair what's wrong with saying looked after children should be better provided for? Services are being cut the bone so to be fair they have a point, it shouldn't be a stick to beat communities with that they express looked after kids are being exploited, they have been for years and the problem is just getting worse. We should all be saying that, not addressing it is playing right into every predators hand.
Old 18-08-2017, 01:25 PM #31
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I don't think you're getting the points? She was the MP of a constituency that had thousands of girls groomed, abused and raped by a sex ring of Pakistani men, why isn't this aloud to be highlighted? In a white majority country, you wouldn't point out their whiteness if it was white men. No, not all Pakistani/Asian men are like this or do these horrific crimes, but it is a problem that needs dealing with, and if nobody is willing to address the fact that these men are from a Pakistani background then we as a country are failing the young girl, the CHILDREN, that are being abused on a daily basis because nobody is willing to say the types of people involved in these gangs meaning that thy don't get caught.

That's what the people of Rochdale did, and those girls had to endure years of being raped because nobody spoke out for them Now that we know what's going on, we shouldn't let it go back to being a secret.
Two words for you, cyril smith.
Old 18-08-2017, 02:13 PM #32

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Where have I said that sex rings shouldn't be highlighted and exposed? I'm just against making it an issue of race when so many people will look at this story and pretend to care just so they can feel that their prejudices against anyone with brown skin is justified.

I care about the victims, I care about the crime and preventing it from happening again and prevention can be achieved without turning proceedings into an unhelpful racially motivated witch hunt PR exercise which Sarah Champion's comments have done.
I dont find it very caring that you fail the girls because some arsehole who is already a racist might feel justified in being a racist if you call these men exactly what they are...
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 02:36 PM #33
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
I dont find it very caring that you fail the girls because some arsehole who is already a racist might feel justified in being a racist if you call these men exactly what they are...
I care more for the victims then people who are only interested in the story because they think it vindicates their hate of certain races. It doesn't help those to use their stories to stir up racial tension that could muddy both proceedings in this case and future cases.

I've never said that we should ignore their race, descriptions and such are vital in catching any kind of criminal but making it all about race will distort the case and any future investigations. These criminals are first and foremost rapists and that's what should be focused on here.
Old 18-08-2017, 02:46 PM #34

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I care more for the victims then people who are only interested in the story because they think it vindicates their hate of certain races. It doesn't help those to use their stories to stir up racial tension that could muddy both proceedings in this case and future cases.

I've never said that we should ignore their race, descriptions and such are vital in catching any kind of criminal but making it all about race will distort the case and any future investigations. These criminals are first and foremost rapists and that's what should be focused on here.
First and foremost they are rapists with a desire to hurt and humiliate white girls...and thats what needs to be focused on

Last edited by parmnion; 18-08-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Old 18-08-2017, 02:59 PM #35
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
First and foremost they are rapists with a desire to hurt and humiliate white girls...and thats what needs to be focused on
Beyond creating a potential victim profile to prevent other girls that match the profile from falling victim, there's not much point in focusing on their race either.

Making a case about race muddies it and risks convictions. I'd rather stick to the facts of the case and make sure those ***** get convicted and imprisoned for a long time as well as education and such to help prevent future incidents like this from occurring.
Old 18-08-2017, 03:17 PM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Beyond creating a potential victim profile to prevent other girls that match the profile from falling victim, there's not much point in focusing on their race either.

Making a case about race muddies it and risks convictions. I'd rather stick to the facts of the case and make sure those ***** get convicted and imprisoned for a long time as well as education and such to help prevent future incidents like this from occurring.
They will get lighter sentences though if they are not charged with the racial side of things as well as the rape.
Old 18-08-2017, 03:31 PM #37
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

The way this has been handled, from now on, any female reporting any rape by people of a certain ethnicity will be charged with Incitement to Racial Hatred and outed as racist bigots for such obvious false accusations of fine men of good upstanding in their local community.

Such men from this demographic would never do such a thing, so any accusations of rape and sexual assault is pure racist bigotry.

And only racist bigots will disagree with this

You're not a racist bigot are you?

Well that seems to be Labour Party Policy under Jeremy Corbyn, and yes she was sacked. She was required to say she resigned, or else de-selection will be in the offing, not that anyone will admit it

Fame, Riches, Adventure, Glory - A Cyber Warrior craves not these things

In Memorium
Wendy (AKA Romantic Old Bird) 1951 - 2008
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 03:33 PM #38
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

This attitude was partly behind the scandal at Rotherham, girls were not believed because they were too concerned about being politically correct.

Fame, Riches, Adventure, Glory - A Cyber Warrior craves not these things

In Memorium
Wendy (AKA Romantic Old Bird) 1951 - 2008
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cabinet, champion, column, labour, pakistani, rapists, resigns, sarah, shadow, sun