Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-08-2017, 10:45 PM   #51
DemolitionRed
Senior Member
 
DemolitionRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 6,073
Blog Entries: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty4eva View Post
Labels are silly. Let's just say I no longer buy into the belief that the Allies in WW2 were all that better than the Nazis. The world ain't black and white. Never was.
At what? chess?
__________________
No longer on this site.
DemolitionRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 12:51 AM   #52
Liberty4eva
Fighting the PC Culture
 
Liberty4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,473

Favourites:
CBB9: Karissa & Kristina Shannon
BB13 USA: Rachel
UBB: Nikki
BB12 USA: Matt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Personally I don't see much difference between a nazi flag and a Burkha, both are shoving discrimination down our throats. I suppose the difference for me would be that the flag is on private property whereas the wearing of a burkha is allowed on public streets and in public places.
I do differ from the "alt-righters" on this website at least on this issue. I feel we should be able to wear what we would like in public as long as it does not directly harm other people. So walking down the street with a Burkha should be legal (as long as the person is voluntarily wearing it of course) but driving with a Burkha or getting your driver's license photo with it is another story. In that situation what they are doing is putting other people in jeopardy.

If the British, French, or whomever don't like it when people wear the Burkha you might want to think about stopping the immigration of people who will be inclined to wear the Burkha. It's not rocket science.
Liberty4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 07:53 AM   #53
JTM45
Senior Member
 
JTM45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SOUTH WALES
Posts: 9,880

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Jason Bell
BBUSA22: Dani
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Love Island 6: Leanne
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty4eva View Post
If the British, French, or whomever don't like it when people wear the Burkha you might want to think about stopping the immigration of people who will be inclined to wear the Burkha. It's not rocket science.
Please don't speak for us, especially innacurately.

In one breath you speak about people's rights to wear what they want to and in the next you advocate an immigration ban for those people for exercising those rights.
The immigration ban crap wasn't accepted in your country and gladly isn't even on the table in ours.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 08:50 AM   #54
Brillopad
User banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6,121
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
Please don't speak for us, especially innacurately.

In one breath you speak about people's rights to wear what they want to and in the next you advocate an immigration ban for those people for exercising those rights.
The immigration ban crap wasn't accepted in your country and gladly isn't even on the table in ours.
So can anyone wear an item of clothing i.e. tee shirt or dress with a large swastika, ISIS or anti-Islam flag on the front in public because of people's rights to wear what they want?

The wearing of the burkha is just the same and represents blatant discrimination and is every bit as hateful and offensive. If we allow one we have to allow all otherwise we are practising discrimination and publicly stating that some types of discrimination are more distasteful and some more acceptable than others. Would that be your opinion then? Do you think the discrimination of women is less distasteful and more acceptable than the discrimination of race or religion?

As for immigration - that is a subject very much still in progress because, in case you haven't noticed or chosen to ignore, Europe as a whole is increasingly protesting against mass immigration and open borders.

Last edited by Brillopad; 24-08-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 12:41 PM   #55
JTM45
Senior Member
 
JTM45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SOUTH WALES
Posts: 9,880

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Jason Bell
BBUSA22: Dani
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Love Island 6: Leanne
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
So can anyone wear an item of clothing i.e. tee shirt or dress with a large swastika, ISIS or anti-Islam flag on the front in public because of people's rights to wear what they want?

The wearing of the burkha is just the same and represents blatant discrimination and is every bit as hateful and offensive. If we allow one we have to allow all otherwise we are practising discrimination and publicly stating that some types of discrimination are more distasteful and some more acceptable than others. Would that be your opinion then? Do you think the discrimination of women is less distasteful and more acceptable than the discrimination of race or religion?


As for immigration - that is a subject very much still in progress because, in case you haven't noticed or chosen to ignore, Europe as a whole is increasingly protesting against mass immigration and open borders.
So where did i say any of that ?
It's the person i was replying to that advocated the things you're trying to pull me up on so why aren't you questioning them about it instead of me ? Oh yeah, it doesn't fit in with your agenda does it.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 01:04 PM   #56
DemolitionRed
Senior Member
 
DemolitionRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 6,073
Blog Entries: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
So can anyone wear an item of clothing i.e. tee shirt or dress with a large swastika, ISIS or anti-Islam flag on the front in public because of people's rights to wear what they want?

The wearing of the burkha is just the same and represents blatant discrimination and is every bit as hateful and offensive. If we allow one we have to allow all otherwise we are practising discrimination and publicly stating that some types of discrimination are more distasteful and some more acceptable than others. Would that be your opinion then? Do you think the discrimination of women is less distasteful and more acceptable than the discrimination of race or religion?

As for immigration - that is a subject very much still in progress because, in case you haven't noticed or chosen to ignore, Europe as a whole is increasingly protesting against mass immigration and open borders.
The burqa is more cultural than religious. In some countries, its demanded and that is discriminatory. In the West, some women continue to wear it because a) that's what they are used to and feel comfortable in it. b) Because they wrongly believe it represents the purity of a religion. c) Because the men or family members demand it and d) because they want their right to privacy.

If we ban the burqa, we aid the women who aren't given a choice but what about the women who choose to wear it? Would we be discriminating her rights?

I walk past women wearing burqas on a regular basis. I hardly notice them and I certainly don't find them offensive or threatening. I don't look at those women pitifully and ponder about why they are wearing it, just as I don't ponder about the Hasidic Jewish women wearing dowdy clothing and ill fitting wigs or the English woman revealing their heavy cleavages or ass cheeks from micro outfits. All of those women could be being bullied by the men in their lives to wear the outfits they wear but its not for me to pick and choose which women are being repressed, abused, bullied, coerced or pimped based on what they are wearing.
__________________
No longer on this site.

Last edited by DemolitionRed; 24-08-2017 at 01:05 PM.
DemolitionRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 02:21 PM   #57
JTM45
Senior Member
 
JTM45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SOUTH WALES
Posts: 9,880

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Jason Bell
BBUSA22: Dani
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Love Island 6: Leanne
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty4eva View Post
when you are the only person on your street left who speaks English, you are going to move. I don't expect you to agree with that and you may call me an idiot for all I care but I do know your type. Those who preach diversity are almost always the first to flee when they experience it and see what it really entails. In California so many people are fleeing to other (whiter) states but unfortunately sometimes they are taking their political opinions with them.
I've lived in Africa and Saudi Arabia so that destroys your ill-founded assumptions (again!).
How on Earth can you claim to ''know my type'' when you don't know me or anything about me. You're judging me by your own discriminatory values which i'm proud to not share.
It just makes you look foolish when you repeatedly make incorrect assumptions
JTM45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 02:29 PM   #58
Brillopad
User banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6,121
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
The burqa is more cultural than religious. In some countries, its demanded and that is discriminatory. In the West, some women continue to wear it because a) that's what they are used to and feel comfortable in it. b) Because they wrongly believe it represents the purity of a religion. c) Because the men or family members demand it and d) because they want their right to privacy.

If we ban the burqa, we aid the women who aren't given a choice but what about the women who choose to wear it? Would we be discriminating her rights?

I walk past women wearing burqas on a regular basis. I hardly notice them and I certainly don't find them offensive or threatening. I don't look at those women pitifully and ponder about why they are wearing it, just as I don't ponder about the Hasidic Jewish women wearing dowdy clothing and ill fitting wigs or the English woman revealing their heavy cleavages or ass cheeks from micro outfits. All of those women could be being bullied by the men in their lives to wear the outfits they wear but its not for me to pick and choose which women are being repressed, abused, bullied, coerced or pimped based on what they are wearing.
I would rather aid those women that have no choice in wearing it than pander to those that choose to wear it and disrespect Western values of female equality.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 02:39 PM   #59
JTM45
Senior Member
 
JTM45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SOUTH WALES
Posts: 9,880

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Jason Bell
BBUSA22: Dani
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Love Island 6: Leanne
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
I would rather aid those women that have no choice in wearing it than pander to those that choose to wear it and disrespect Western values of female equality.
Yeah, i'm sure you spend a lot of your time helping Muslim women..............when you're not trawling the internet for trashy anti-muslim 'articles' to start threads about here.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 03:07 PM   #60
Brillopad
User banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6,121
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
Yeah, i'm sure you spend a lot of your time helping Muslim women..............when you're not trawling the internet for trashy anti-muslim 'articles' to start threads about here.
I just live my life. I respect the values of others if they respect the values of others. Not complicated or unreasonable.

Choosing to wear a burkha in the West is disrespectful to Western culture and female equality and therefore the wearer gets no respect from me and a large part of the West judging by those counties that have already banned the wearing of it and those that have called for it to be banned.

So you can stick your cheap jibes.

Last edited by Brillopad; 24-08-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 08:11 AM   #61
JTM45
Senior Member
 
JTM45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SOUTH WALES
Posts: 9,880

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Jason Bell
BBUSA22: Dani
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Love Island 6: Leanne
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Choosing to wear a burkha in the West is disrespectful to Western culture and female equality
You really are so ignorant and un-knowledgable! Just because someone lives by their traditions, especially when it regards something that's extremely important to their religious belief system, it doesn't mean they're being ''disrespectful to Western culture and female equality''.
British people don't , on the whole, live by the beliefs and traditions of Countries they choose to visit.

When it suits your self-centred agenda you're all for freedom of speech and personal rights but when it's a question of someone else's personal rights then you're wanting them taken away at your pleasure just because it offends your biggoted, discriminatory & xenophobic 'views' which gladly are only shared by a small minority of archaic minded hate-mongers.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 08:29 AM   #62
jaxie
Senior Member
 
jaxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 7,038

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke
Default

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7907911.html

I'm with Saira Kahn, a modern British Muslim woman, when she says "Kiss my ass you backwards, prehistoric dinosaur."

Very apt response to those promoting the discrimination of women through religious dress and dictates, and those supporting and defending it.

Acceptable discrimination and mysogyny in the name of religion and fiercely defended, beggers belief.
__________________
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
Terry Pratchett

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 25-08-2017 at 08:35 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 08:42 AM   #63
Brillopad
User banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6,121
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
You really are so ignorant and un-knowledgable! Just because someone lives by their traditions, especially when it regards something that's extremely important to their religious belief system, it doesn't mean they're being ''disrespectful to Western culture and female equality''.
British people don't , on the whole, live by the beliefs and traditions of Countries they choose to visit.

When it suits your self-centred agenda you're all for freedom of speech and personal rights but when it's a question of someone else's personal rights then you're wanting them taken away at your pleasure just because it offends your biggoted, discriminatory & xenophobic 'views' which gladly are only shared by a small minority of archaic minded hate-mongers.
News for you - Ignorance isn't disagreeing with you . As we are not talking about visiting, but generally about people choosing to live here - then to demonstrate some consideration and adherence for local belief systems and equality laws is expected by most. You are ignorant if you don't see that and clearly have your own agenda! Pot calling kettle yet again.

I guarantee you would not be saying the same if people came here en masse and walking our streets wearing clothing sporting a swastica. I know you would see that differently because I believe you have double standards and put some groups before others. It's not just about what you find offensive, and it seems to me that the equality of women is not up there with some other equalities in your book. British women have rights too btw - and it isn't to put up and shut up at the behest of the PC mob.

I see you as bigoted, discrimanatory and sexist in your beliefs that if British women are offended by certain groups accepted into our country being disrespectful to female equality laws, you have a right to verbally abuse them. You just demonstrate that female equality is of little interest to you and you are every bit as ignorant as you accuse others of being in your desperate attempt to shut them up!
Brillopad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 09:08 AM   #64
Brillopad
User banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6,121
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7907911.html

I'm with Saira Kahn, a modern British Muslim woman, when she says "Kiss my ass you backwards, prehistoric dinosaur."

Very apt response to those promoting the discrimination of women through religious dress and dictates, and those supporting and defending it.

Acceptable discrimination and mysogyny in the name of religion and fiercely defended, beggers belief.
Truly shocking Jaxie. Well done her for getting a screen shot of that foul-mouthed tirade and not allowing them to intimidate her. This is apparently what we as British women are expected to accept and put up with these days! Not a chance!
Brillopad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #65
JTM45
Senior Member
 
JTM45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SOUTH WALES
Posts: 9,880

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Jason Bell
BBUSA22: Dani
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Love Island 6: Leanne
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
News for you - Ignorance isn't disagreeing with you . As we are not talking about visiting, but generally about people choosing to live here - then to demonstrate some consideration and adherence for local belief systems and equality laws is expected by most. You are ignorant if you don't see that and clearly have your own agenda! Pot calling kettle yet again.

I guarantee you would not be saying the same if people came here en masse and walking our streets wearing clothing sporting a swastica. I know you would see that differently because I believe you have double standards and put some groups before others. It's not just about what you find offensive, and it seems to me that the equality of women is not up there with some other equalities in your book. British women have rights too btw - and it isn't to put up and shut up at the behest of the PC mob.

I see you as bigoted, discrimanatory and sexist in your beliefs that if British women are offended by certain groups accepted into our country being disrespectful to female equality laws, you have a right to verbally abuse them. You just demonstrate that female equality is of little interest to you and you are every bit as ignorant as you accuse others of being in your desperate attempt to shut them up!
Please stop making up REALLY OFFENSIVE crap about me! I didn't say or even point to believing what you're claiming i did. Where do i say anything about me having a right ''to verbally abuse'' anyone ? Either delete this post now or i will be making a serious complaint about this. I NEVER report people usually but then people don't usually make up blatant lies about me.

You clearly don't have a great understanding of many things and you're more than entitled to think whatever you want about me but to use your ignorance to post wildly incorrect slander about me is disgusting and i suggest you delete these accusations and don't make any in the future.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 09:51 AM   #66
Brillopad
User banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6,121
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
Please stop making up REALLY OFFENSIVE crap about me! I didn't say or even point to believing what you're claiming i did. Where do i say anything about me having a right ''to verbally abuse'' anyone ? Either delete this post now or i will be making a serious complaint about this. I NEVER report people usually but then people don't usually make up blatant lies about me.

You clearly don't have a great understanding of many things and you're more than entitled to think whatever you want about me but to use your ignorance to post wildly incorrect slander about me is disgusting and i suggest you delete these accusations and don't make any in the future.
But it's okay for you to be REALLY OFFENSIVE to me because you don't share my views! Yeah right - what is this, yet more double standards! You said a lot of slanderous things about me to which I responded. If you want to make a complaint then I will be seriously suggesting the mods read your comments and accusations first before deciding this is a one-sided 'discussion'. I suggest you re-read your last couple of posts to me and defy anyone that says they were neither offensive or slanderous.

Last edited by Brillopad; 25-08-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 09:58 AM   #67
JTM45
Senior Member
 
JTM45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SOUTH WALES
Posts: 9,880

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Jason Bell
BBUSA22: Dani
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Love Island 6: Leanne
Default

I've never just made up blatant lies about you which you clearly did about me. REMOVE IT!!!!!
JTM45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 10:11 AM   #68
Brillopad
User banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6,121
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
I've never just made up blatant lies about you which you clearly did about me. REMOVE IT!!!!!
In your post (post 61) you called me:

Ignorant
un-knowledgeable
Self-centred
Bigoted
Discriminatory
Xenophobic and (piece de resistance)
Hate-monger

I responded with (post 63):

Ignorant
Bigoted
Discriminatory
Sexist
Verbally abusing

Please tell me where you have the higher ground on this!!

I don't believe it is me that should be removing anything. If you do, I will!!
Brillopad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 10:14 AM   #69
Toy Soldier
I'M LI'L JAWN!
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 26,834
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Calm down kids.
__________________

___________________________________
Christ, I'm a sidewinder
I'm a California King.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 10:18 AM   #70
JTM45
Senior Member
 
JTM45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SOUTH WALES
Posts: 9,880

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Jason Bell
BBUSA22: Dani
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Love Island 6: Leanne
Default

I'm trying to remain calm TS but there's only so much i can put up with.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 10:21 AM   #71
Brillopad
User banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6,121
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
I'm trying to remain calm TS but there's only so much i can put up with.
Please, you are not the victim here - I just gave as good as I got. Don't dish it out if you can't take it back.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 10:25 AM   #72
JTM45
Senior Member
 
JTM45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SOUTH WALES
Posts: 9,880

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Jason Bell
BBUSA22: Dani
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Love Island 6: Leanne
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Please, you are not the victim here - I just gave as good as I got. Don't dish it out if you can't take it back.
Everything i post is based on fact and evidence. How, in any sense, have i been 'sexist' or 'bigoted' ?

I don't have a sexist cell in my entire body so where do you get off just blatantly lying ?
JTM45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 10:32 AM   #73
Brillopad
User banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6,121
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
Everything i post is based on fact and evidence. How, in any sense, have i been 'sexist' or 'bigoted' ?

I don't have a sexist cell in my entire body so where do you get off just blatantly lying ?
I gave my opinions based on things you defend and things you don't defend in response to you giving your opinions (which btw you didn't even state them as your opinion, therefore making them sound like fact).

I stand by my right to express my view on how I find Muslim women who CHOOSE to wear a burkha in this country as disrespectful to British women and British female equality laws. I am as entitled to my opinion as you, but I did not start with the name-calling.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 11:39 AM   #74
smudgie
Senior Member
 
smudgie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: God's own Country
Posts: 22,185

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton


Default

Forgot what this thread is about now
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 11:40 AM   #75
Toy Soldier
I'M LI'L JAWN!
 
Toy Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ➜
Posts: 26,834
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Forgot what this thread is about now
Windows Vista I think.
__________________

___________________________________
Christ, I'm a sidewinder
I'm a California King.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
canadians, europeans, freedom, lesson, speech

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:05 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts