Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 17-07-2017, 10:22 PM #26
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
What rubbish - if people are voting legitimately why would they be dissuaded. If they have nothing to hide they have no reason to be put off.
It's okay if you don't understand what Voter Suppression is but you should probably go look it up before you call someone else's opinion rubbish whilst displaying to everyone that you completely missed the point.

This is just a tactic to demonise voters, to put the legitimacy of an unfavourable demographic to question and to make it harder for people to vote legitimately in the future. It wouldn't surprise me if someone uses this story to push through a law that requires students to return home to vote, something that wouldn't be possible for many students. That is voter suppression in the guise of anti-voting fraud because it makes it harder for people of certain demographics to vote.

Practice what you preach because you often accuse people of not supporting the democratic process for not agreeing with you but you are in support of what is a thinly veiled attempt at Voter Suppression.

How shamelessly hypocritical.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 10:38 PM #27
-

-

Quote:
What rubbish - if people are voting legitimately why would they be dissuaded. If they have nothing to hide they have no reason to be put off.
Because they would most likely be automatically enrolled at their parent's address when they turn 18, and the enhanced "security" on multiple registrations would make it more difficult for them to register elsewhere (e.g. in their University town). As many students live hundreds of miles from their home town, it is impossible for them to travel to that polling station, meaning that they either need to go through a now-more-difficult enrollment process in their Uni town, or arrange a postal vote.

A lot of students keep their permanent registered address as their parents address throughout University because there's a lot of moving around, from Halls, into private rentals, then a new one the next year, etc.

I had three different addresses in the 4 years I was at Uni.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 17-07-2017 at 10:40 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 10:49 PM #28
User banned

User banned

This left wing corruption by the hordes of selfish corrupt violent students, should be taking up 80% of the bbc and cnn news coverage just to balance up with the 80% mass coverage of the non russian fake news story....theyll do anything to ensure sick old people pay for the free education for useless degree courses for arrogant less than intelligent students
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 12:44 AM #29

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Ah, the Tories and their supporters must be getting desperate if they are resorting to what is essentially Voter Suppression.

The majority of students didn't vote for a Tory government and they aren't going to in the future, this is just an attempt to disparage and discourage a demographic that isn't favourable to the Tories from voting in the future. It's fairly transparent.

The Tories aren't likely going to retain power in the next election, instead of trying to discourage people from voting they should perhaps think about why they did so **** in this election and learn from their mistakes.
Yes, they didn't lie to young voters about unlikely to happen 'no fees' YAY! to make sure they voted not only once, but more if possible. Shady, sneaky Corbyn. He hadn't even worked out HOW that could be achieved and now he is backtracking and saying it will only be done 'if it is affordable'. lol

A little part of me wants him to become PM and have to deal with all the promises he made and with Brexit. He'll soon find that his eternal student mindset isn't up to the position. It's a job for mature adults, not rebel rousing immoral troublemakers.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 12:57 AM #30

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Okay, I see you have nothing of value to add to what I said then. Just more Corbyn obsession on your part with nothing of substance or interest to back it up.

Every response you come up with is either 'Corbyn this! 'Corbyn that!' or I know you are but what am I?' It's so very dull. I know what you'll write before you write it.
What about your endless mantra of 'I know you are but what am I?' Bloody hell.

Last edited by jet; 18-07-2017 at 12:59 AM.
Old 18-07-2017, 01:17 AM #31
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Yes, they didn't lie to young voters about unlikely to happen 'no fees' YAY! to make sure they voted not only once, but more if possible. Shady, sneaky Corbyn. He hadn't even worked out HOW that could be achieved and now he is backtracking and saying it will only be done 'if it is affordable'. lol

A little part of me wants him to become PM and have to deal with all the promises he made and with Brexit. He'll soon find that his eternal student mindset isn't up to the position. It's a job for mature adults, not rebel rousing immoral troublemakers.
This is the problem right here. This attitude.

Ignoring a problem and trying to divert attention away from it by attacking the opposition doesn't fix the problem at hand. Too many Tories and their supporters are deluding themselves about the state of their party by constantly attacking Labour and JC so they don't have to think about it.

The Tories are in power until the next Election which won't be for years yet, How long are the Tories and their supporters gonna keep attacking a hypothetical situation instead of facing the actual reality of the current government and the challenges it faces?

It's just a ****ing tragic attitude to have.
Old 18-07-2017, 01:22 AM #32
Banned

Banned

Quote:
What about your endless mantra of 'I know you are but what am I?' Bloody hell.
Most of Brillo's responses to posts consist of basically repeating what's said been said to her back at the opposition with no context or understanding of what's been said to her, hence me replying by saying 'I know you are but what am I?' because that's all she essentially responds with when in a discussion.

Honestly, this should be completely obvious to anyone with a bit of reading comprehension, why am I explaining this to people who are older and act like they are wiser than I am?

Last edited by Tom4784; 18-07-2017 at 01:39 AM.
Old 18-07-2017, 01:26 AM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
This is the problem right here. This attitude.

Ignoring a problem and trying to divert attention away from it by attacking the opposition doesn't fix the problem at hand. Too many Tories and their supporters are deluding themselves about the state of their party by constantly attacking Labour and JC so they don't have to think about it.

The Tories are in power until the next Election which won't be for years yet, How long are the Tories and their supporters gonna keep attacking a hypothetical situation instead of facing the actual reality of the current government and the challenges it faces?

It's just a ****ing tragic attitude to have.
I'm not a Tory supporter. I just enjoy criticising the horrendous Corbyn.
Old 18-07-2017, 01:38 AM #34
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I'm not a Tory supporter. I just enjoy criticising the horrendous Corbyn.
Oh, so you're just obsessed then.
Old 18-07-2017, 01:42 AM #35

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oh, so you're just obsessed then.
Yes, obsessed with enjoying myself. lol
Old 18-07-2017, 04:29 AM #36
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Most of Brillo's responses to posts consist of basically repeating what's said been said to her back at the opposition with no context or understanding of what's been said to her, hence me replying by saying 'I know you are but what am I?' because that's all she essentially responds with when in a discussion.

Honestly, this should be completely obvious to anyone with a bit of reading comprehension, why am I explaining this to people who are older and act like they are wiser than I am?
You are so transparent. I will Respond to whatever posts I choose to and will not be ordered by you to respond. I understand more than you on most occasions but often feel your replies don't interest me enough to respond, although I will admit they often don't make much sense to me.

Many of yours are too shouty, too hysterical and too repetative for my taste.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 04:52 AM #37
User banned

User banned

Quote:

He is indeed backtracking. Either realised that 100bn was unaffordable, even to him salivating at the possibility of getting his hands on public money, or it was vote getting rhetoric all along.
Old 18-07-2017, 05:59 AM #38

Quote:
This thread is about the Students behaviour and the steps they will go to to get those free uni fees, not Corbyn's.

I read about this on another site. I wouldn't be suprised if it's true
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 08:28 AM #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjuniper View Post
I read about this on another site. I wouldn't be suprised if it's true

Its a bit late now to Dig it UP
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 06:41 AM #40
User banned

User banned

Default Hypocrisy of the left

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/842...-Jess-Phillips

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-womens-rights

https://www.otsnews.co.uk/labour-lef...stions-jeremy/

Hypocrisy, sexism and a dosy leader - new labour. Is that really what 'modern' Britain wants or needs?

Last edited by Brillopad; 19-08-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Old 19-08-2017, 08:00 AM #41
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

While I don't like Corbyn as a politician, this is a petty thing to use to get at him. He was just thoughtless, that's all.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 08:52 AM #42

Quote:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/842...-Jess-Phillips

Hypocrisy, sexism and a dosy leader - new labour. Is that really what 'modern' Britain wants or needs?
Are we talking about a guy who remembered to take his umbrella versus a woman who didn’t? or are we talking about a political party who’s had two female leaders versus a political party who’s had none and therefore must be sexist?

If it’s the first, I refuse to discuss it, other than to say, if I was out in the rain without my brolly, I wouldn’t expect a bloke to come to my rescue.

Last edited by DemolitionRed; 19-08-2017 at 11:49 AM.
DemolitionRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 10:04 AM #43
-

-

Chivalry is sexist. Silly ho should have brought her own umbur-ella ella ella ay ay ay.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 19-08-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Old 19-08-2017, 10:16 AM #44
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
Are we talking about a guy who remembered to take his umbrella versus a woman who didn’t? or are we talking about a political party who’s had two female leaders versus a political party who’s had none and therefore must sexist?

If it’s the first, I refuse to discuss it, other than to say, if I was out in the rain without my brolly, I wouldn’t expect a bloke to come to my rescue.
Did you even read it. He was given an umbrella, she wasn't. Missed the point completely.

Last edited by Brillopad; 19-08-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Old 19-08-2017, 10:20 AM #45
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

'Doesn't share an umbrella in under 2.5 seconds' is probably your strongest anti-Corbyn argument yet

Last edited by Withano; 19-08-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 11:51 AM #46

Quote:
Did you even read it. He was given an umbrella, she wasn't. Missed the point completely.
So it is about the umbrella Blame the person who gave Corbyn the brolly and not him... FFS!

Last edited by DemolitionRed; 19-08-2017 at 11:51 AM.
DemolitionRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 11:57 AM #47
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
So it is about the umbrella Blame the person who gave Corbyn the brolly and not him... FFS!
Plus he didn't share it plus it was part of a wider criticism of Corbyn and the left FFS!
Old 19-08-2017, 12:03 PM #48
Banned

Banned

Old 19-08-2017, 12:16 PM #49
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Just cross the floor Jess you might as well, you do a better job than the tories of undermining Labour.
Old 19-08-2017, 12:41 PM #50
-

-

Quote:
Plus he didn't share it plus it was part of a wider criticism of Corbyn and the left FFS!
Chivalry is sexist ffs you wouldn't have a problem with it if it was another man that he heinously failed to share his umbrella with.

Sigh.

Also most likely scenario is that he has a personal aide of some sort who thought to bring him the umbrella, whereas rank and file MPs might not have such assistance. Exactly the same thing would happen if T-May was getting wet in the rain; some assistant or other would scramble to get her an umbrella, everyone else would have to fend for themselves.

Note the important point here is that he didn't ASK for an umbrella... People in general just tend to be more concerned with pleasing the boss . It's not really an equality issue and certainly not a gender issue. It's mostly just an umbrella issue.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
abject, action, answer, boom, brexit, britain, claim, corbyn, cunning, demands, effect, election, ended, eu, face, failure, hypocrisy, left, load, pay, plan, sees, staring, students, tax, thinks, tosh, tourism, turmoil, urgent, uturn, vote, watchdog, won