Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 16-09-2017, 01:09 PM #51
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
You mean like Israel?

Muslims have suffered terribly in our hands. US-Nato wars have killed millions of them https://www.globalresearch.ca/four-m...nocide/5470424

What I'll tell my grandchildren is, we lived in a time where the West were intent on re-empire building in foreign lands. We struck, we invaded, destroyed and pillaged and the result was, millions of Muslims fled their homes and tried to find sanctuary in the West. I'll tell them about Israel and its apartheid and how the West supported the rise of Zionism. I'll tell them about how the West sat back and did nothing when the Budhists in Burma mass slaughtered Muslims and I'll tell them about the terrorist attacks by a small number of fanatics on our own shores and the immediate surge of racial hatred towards Muslims that brought racial bigots out of every nut and cranny and how hysterical media channels and right-wing bloggers made a small number of people paranoid, fearful and hateful.

And then I'll reassure them that the majority of us have common human decency and will always defend our country and its multi-ethenic population.
Just a bit of 'light' left-wing indoctrination of your future grandchildren then. I hope you at least wait until they have reached adulthood, and hopefully the ability to form their own opinions, before dropping all the heavy stuff on them.
Old 16-09-2017, 01:57 PM #52

[QUOTE=jaxie;9622328]
Quote:
You know full well I was talking about the US and its alies which includes us.

Most Muslims have not participated in acts of terror but all Muslims (at least by some) are expected to take responsibility for that terror.

People in the street are not responsible for the millions of Muslim deaths but Muslim terrorists blame all of us in the West for those deaths. We have to stop supporting invasions. We have to stop the West from being terrorists in other lands because only then will we stop radicalizing the idiots.[/QUOTE

You are conveniently forgetting how it all began with an invasion of one country by another and fears that the aggressor in Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. It was discovered that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq after a war and the Labour party were voted from power to the point all you Labour devotees try to pretend they were a different party. Let's not forget the vote not to intervene in Syria early in the conflict when it might have helped people being bombarded and gassed by their own government was prevented for no other reason than political one upmanship by Labour.

If you want throw around blame start with Labour and follow on with religious insanity.
I walked that anti Iraq march. I hated Blair and his warmongering politics. So what are you saying? you wouldn't be suggesting that because I'm a left wing thinker I'm happy to go along with anything the left does? Are you also saying that Blair was Left wing? He was more right wing than Thatcher, that's why he got into office. If you want to discuss just how right-wing Blair was, then I'm up for that debate.
Old 16-09-2017, 01:58 PM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Just a bit of 'light' left-wing indoctrination of your future grandchildren then. I hope you at least wait until they have reached adulthood, and hopefully the ability to form their own opinions, before dropping all the heavy stuff on them.
Nothing wrong with the historical truth. Are you suggesting we didn't do any of these things?
Old 16-09-2017, 03:24 PM #54

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Kiefer
RPDR UK 2: Ginny Lemon

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Kiefer
RPDR UK 2: Ginny Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
It's still stupid to use that as an excuse for people born and raised here carrying out terror attacks.
And with your total lack of acknowledgement of these deaths and your complete indifference and lack of empathy you reiterate my point. You talking about excusing people who commit heinous acts is ironic to say the least.

''Out of sight, out of mind''. Children's lives in the West matter while those in the Middle-East don't............apparently to people like yourself at least.

You consistently come across as an extremely naive, nimby xenophobe..............and that's putting it extremely mildly.
Old 16-09-2017, 03:28 PM #55

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
And with your total lack of acknowledgement of these deaths and your complete indifference and lack of empathy you reiterate my point. You talking about excusing people who commit heinous acts is ironic to say the least.

''Out of sight, out of mind''. Children's lives in the West matter while those in the Middle-East don't............apparently to people like yourself at least.

You consistently come across as an extremely naive, nimby xenophobe..............and that's putting it extremely mildly.
Couldn't you also say out of sight out of mind about those who don't think nato or the west should ever intervene and should just let any nation abuse it's citizens as they see fit?

All lives matter and don't we as human beings have a duty to intervene when a government is slaughtering it's own people?

There is no win with war. None. But I'm not sure taking the attitude that it doesn't concern us is the right or compassionate thing to do.

Also name calling isn't necessary.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 16-09-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Old 16-09-2017, 03:35 PM #56
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
Couldn't you also say out of sight out of mind about those who don't think nato or the west should ever intervene should just let any nation abuse it's citizens as they see fit?

All lives matter and don't we as human beings have a duty to intervene when a government is slaughtering it's own people?

There is no win with war. None. But I'm not sure taking the attitude that it doesn't concern us is the right or compassionate thing to do.
Damned if we do and damned if we don't.

The usual big bad West garbage.
Old 16-09-2017, 03:38 PM #57
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
Children's lives in the West matter while those in the Middle-East don't............apparently to people like yourself at least.
When have I ever said that?

Old 16-09-2017, 03:40 PM #58

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Damned if we do and damned if we don't.

The usual big bad West garbage.
No one wants to go to war but I find it bizarre when people scream about the big bad west causing it all and blame us all while advocating we look the other way on human rights abuse and genocide.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
Old 16-09-2017, 03:42 PM #59
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No one wants to go to war but I find it bizarre when people scream about the big bad west causing it all and blame us all while advocating we look the other way on human rights abuse and genocide.
Getting rid of Saddam allowed ISIS to rise. I'm for a complete lack of intervention, no good ever comes of it.

Old 16-09-2017, 03:47 PM #60

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Getting rid of Saddam allowed ISIS to rise. I'm for a complete lack of intervention, no good ever comes of it.
It doesn't but, and I'm thinking of Syria, and recently Burma, there are real people there just trying to live their lives caught up in it all. How can we turn our backs? It's difficult.

― Richard Dawkins
Old 16-09-2017, 03:57 PM #61
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Which is even more suspect when you consider it is usually those same people spouting on out about human rights, and the alleged abuse of minority groups, in The West. Even if true, which I doubt, the so-called minor 'abuse' would not in any way be comparable to the abuse going on in many Middle-Eastern countries.

So they want to SCREAM about relative minor 'abuse' on one hand but ignore major abuse/genocide on the other. Something wrong somewhere with that philosophy.
Old 16-09-2017, 04:20 PM #62

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Which is even more suspect when you consider it is usually those same people spouting on out about human rights, and the alleged abuse of minority groups, in The West. Even if true, which I doubt, the so-called minor 'abuse' would not in any way be comparable to the abuse going on in many Middle-Eastern countries.

So they want to SCREAM about relative minor 'abuse' on one hand but ignore major abuse/genocide on the other. Something wrong somewhere with that philosophy.
Not to mention accusations of xenophobia while ignoring hating on the US.

― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 16-09-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Old 16-09-2017, 04:59 PM #63

They are doing an armed raid in Sunbury-on-Thames. Consider my eyebrow well and truly raised. If leafy Surrey has fallen to the terrorists we are all doomed!
Old 16-09-2017, 05:09 PM #64
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They are doing an armed raid in Sunbury-on-Thames. Consider my eyebrow well and truly raised. If leafy Surrey has fallen to the terrorists we are all doomed!
Like I said before some highly intelligent people are being radicalised it's not all drop outs and marginalised young men, open your eyes

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 16-09-2017, 05:18 PM #65
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Like I said before some highly intelligent people are being radicalised it's not all drop outs and marginalised young men, open your eyes
I seem to remember a doctor who killed some soldiers on an army base somwhere - went on the rampage shooting people.
Old 16-09-2017, 05:39 PM #66

When Saddam Hussein was gassing the curds, he was assisted by the U.S and yet, when America decided to take Saddam out, shortly after 9/11 they used his gassing of the curds as a reason to topple him. I'm not saying Saddam wasn't a criminal but he was a small criminal compared to the U.S and its allies. I'm not saying the internal conflicts in the Middle East aren't bad but they are not our conflicts or at least they weren't.

When the West want to pillage a country, they use words like, "Axis of Evil" and "For the greater good" and they tell us all that this country is threatening the peace of the world, or we have to go in, in the name of peace. Some of us call bull**** on that. Whenever I hear those formidable words, I think, here we go again. If we really wanted to curb the axis of evil we would have intervened in the South African apartheid and the mass genocide going on in Burma.

I clearly listen to alternative views, views that are only available to us through reading material and popular media. The highly respected Neom Chomskey Snowden and General Wesley Clark who was a four-star general and former supreme allied commander in Europe and who worked in the Whitehouse under President Bush, because they are privy to a lot more information than we are.

Last edited by DemolitionRed; 16-09-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 16-09-2017, 05:41 PM #67

Quote:
Where is the proof that highly intelligent people are being radicalised?
Old 16-09-2017, 05:47 PM #68

Quote:
I seem to remember a doctor who killed some soldiers on an army base somwhere - went on the rampage shooting people.
He was a US soldier with a Muslim name and they put his madness down to mental problems. Between 2003 and 2009, 75 troops at that base committed suicide, so it was rife with mental suffering. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-1815729.html
Old 16-09-2017, 06:46 PM #69

Quote:
FFS stop being a 999 alarmist. You are putting up stuff with no link. We all know about the raised terror threat but that's it.

Some idiot puts a homemade bomb on the tube, that didn’t go off properly. Probably an Islamist sympathizer but with all the clues he left behind, he should be caught in no time. I’ve just been sitting in my local bar in central London and nobody there seemed concerned. People were far more bothered about a warehouse fire stopping trains out of Euston.

Thats you view Madame
you are NEW to this Forum.
Its fine for you to say all that
check the latest UPDATE

I am RIGHT

you are not at my level
Respect to you DR.

Off to 3rd meeting today..............
Old 16-09-2017, 08:23 PM #70
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Where is the proof that highly intelligent people are being radicalised?
The Westminster attacker was a teacher for starters

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 16-09-2017, 08:34 PM #71
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yeah but PE is a subject taught in schools...

Old 17-09-2017, 07:21 AM #72
User banned

User banned

http://www.politico.eu/article/teena...terror-attack/

Teenager arrested.
Old 17-09-2017, 08:24 AM #73

Quote:
We were talking about highly intelligent people!
Old 17-09-2017, 08:34 AM #74
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
We were talking about highly intelligent people!
Which in you esteemed opinion would be what profession exactly?

Old 17-09-2017, 09:27 AM #75
User banned

User banned

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...est-second-man

Second suspect arrested for attempted terrorism. Now a 21 year old as well as the 18 year old who were both refugees and been in foster care with the same family.

Last edited by Brillopad; 17-09-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
critical, level, raised, terror, threat, uk