Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 03-11-2017, 05:46 PM #26
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Did you wait until you were 18 to play an 18 rated game?

Us parents are doing a great job but kids will be kids.

I did play GTA III when I was 10, but there is a huge difference between

and this

Whenever I played GTA III, my mum watched, and if she found anything too violent, I'd be made aware that it was wrong, and its a fictional game, and that things in the game shouldn't be replicated in real life. Also, my mum refused to get me Max Payne, as it was too violent, so it is possible to say no to certain games.

Quote:
What we have to be on the look out for is men playing games pretending to be kids asking for naked photos.
wat?
Old 03-11-2017, 09:16 PM #27
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I did read and respond to your points, but you haven't really responded to what I said, instead you decided to respond with an baiting comment.
My response is perfectly valid, you refuse to take on board that kids spend time away from their parents, and ergo away from boundaries set by their parents, you also incorrectly assume that every parent has the same boundaries, and that kids do not come into contact with older teenagers, young adults, in your world of perfection there would be no abductions or accidents as parents would have eyes on their kids 24/7, then you claim you know exactly what it is like to be a parent, that's like me saying I know how to perform brain surgery
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:14 AM #28
-

-

I genuinely hate to sound patronising and do the "u don't know what it's like" thing but here is the truth;

People with no kids have very little idea what is involved in being a parent to any kid. And not only that. People WITH kids have very little idea what it's like to be a parent to any kid other than their own kids. People usually find out that second one when they get to child #2 thinking they had it all sussed with the first one, and then get the horrible reality check that it's a completely different beast .

Children, the inconvenient little ****s, are individual human beings. You get to know them and muddle by the best you can, hoping to get them to adulthood with as few issues as possible. Let them experience what's out there (within reason) and be available to put it all in context when they need it.

You can't, and shouldn't, monitor what your children are doing 24/7. Not only is it unrealistic, but that level of control is psychologically a really bad thing for anyone including (maybe even more so) a child.

But yeah, basically, any advice from anyone (whether they have their own kids or not) assuming "all parents should do x/y/z then it would be fine" is being naive and falling into the two major traps of such assumptions.

1) That all children are the same

And

2) That when people have kids they stop having their own **** going on and become a "parentbot" that can or should spend every waking hour eyeballing their children.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 04-11-2017 at 09:14 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:14 AM #29
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
My response is perfectly valid, you refuse to take on board that kids spend time away from their parents, and ergo away from boundaries set by their parents, you also incorrectly assume that every parent has the same boundaries, and that kids do not come into contact with older teenagers, young adults, in your world of perfection there would be no abductions or accidents as parents would have eyes on their kids 24/7, then you claim you know exactly what it is like to be a parent, that's like me saying I know how to perform brain surgery
You made a whole lot of assumptions there and none of them are correct. Try to actually read what I've said and not shove your poorly comprehended assumptions down my throat

If you are going to complain about violent video games, you can't expect the world to change for just for you. If you don't want kids to access violent video games then you have to be pro-active otherwise you have no grounds to complain if your kid plays or watches something you didn't want them to. You want to have your cake and eat it and guess what? You can't.

If you're that concerned about violent video games but not so concerned about who your child might be hanging out with then your priorities seem a bit borked. Your argument works against you, in that regard.

When have I ever mentioned anything about abductions or accidents? I've only ever said that parents shouldn't complain about violent video games if they can't be bothered to even look into something as elementary as parental controls. You have a habit of diving headfirst into the deep end with illogical and bizarre points that don't really relate to the topic when you are on the ropes.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:44 PM #30
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You made a whole lot of assumptions there and none of them are correct. Try to actually read what I've said and not shove your poorly comprehended assumptions down my throat

If you are going to complain about violent video games, you can't expect the world to change for just for you. If you don't want kids to access violent video games then you have to be pro-active otherwise you have no grounds to complain if your kid plays or watches something you didn't want them to. You want to have your cake and eat it and guess what? You can't.

If you're that concerned about violent video games but not so concerned about who your child might be hanging out with then your priorities seem a bit borked. Your argument works against you, in that regard.

When have I ever mentioned anything about abductions or accidents? I've only ever said that parents shouldn't complain about violent video games if they can't be bothered to even look into something as elementary as parental controls. You have a habit of diving headfirst into the deep end with illogical and bizarre points that don't really relate to the topic when you are on the ropes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet
every kid has a big brother or a pal that does

ratings are meaningless
Silly Chewy, expecting parents to do some actual parenting.

this is the comment of yours I was referring to as you well know, and your airy fairy Waltons view on parenting, a few months back you suggested I couldn't have an opinion on working in retail as you thought I hadn't worked in a shop, now tune changed you are an expert in parenting without being one.

See TS post above which you failed to comment on though he essentially just said what I did, but maybe he put in a way you found more palatable?

as for who children are hanging out with, are you suggesting Chewy is some delinquent because he played 18 rated video games at 10? His mother felt he was quite capable and bought him the game, maybe he had a friend who wasn't quite so mature but came round his house, that's how kids get access to stuff their parents aren't that keen on, though I guess yours will live in a bubble.

Last edited by Cherie; 04-11-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:38 PM #31
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Quote:

ratings are meaningless

this is the comment of yours I was referring to as you well know, and your airy fairy Waltons view on parenting, a few months back you suggested I couldn't have an opinion on working in retail as you thought I hadn't worked in a shop, now tune changed you are an expert in parenting without being one.

See TS post above which you failed to comment on though he essentially just said what I did, but maybe he put in a way you found more palatable?

as for who children are hanging out with, are you suggesting Chewy is some delinquent because he played 18 rated video games at 10? His mother felt he was quite capable and bought him the game, maybe he had a friend who wasn't quite so mature but came round his house, that's how kids get access to stuff their parents aren't that keen on, though I guess yours will live in a bubble.

I stand by my comment, Parental controls are easy and if your children are hanging out at someone else's house and you have a preference of the type of games or things they might play or watch then it's down to you to inform the other child's parents. It's common sense. If you are the kind of parent that doesn't want your child playing or watching things that are meant for a mature audience then you simply can't blame those things for existing, If you don't want your kids to see something then it's down to you to make sure they don't. I'm not sure why you are having so much difficulty with that.

I think it's dumb to shield kids like that, it's better to make sure they can differentiate between the game and reality and understand that violence in real life is not okay. I was always allowed to play and watch what I liked and I (like so many people) never had any problems because I knew it was just a game or a film or whatever.

I remember that thread and I love how you're throwing my comments out of context. I was basically being victim blamed in that thread because I said the customers are not always right and that people who work in retail have to deal with abuse from customers regularly and people were saying that, if I got abused then it was probably my fault as someone who works in retail. I said that you couldn't understand what it's like to work in retail and dealing with abusive customers if you've only ever been a customer. That's a fair comment, I wouldn't presume to tell a builder what it's like to build a house or tell a surgeon how to operate.

Parenting however is not a job and anyone can experience it and you don't have to have your own kids to understand what it's like to be responsible for a child or make suggestions.

Your last point is ridiculous and complete nonsense and it confirms something for me. You don't really know what you are arguing for or against in this thread since your main priority seems to be scoring points against me because you have just completely switched your stance on a dime in order to make one of the biggest reaches I've ever seen to suggest that I'm insulting Chewy when that's blatant to everyone that i'm not. Go back and read my posts PROPERLY and you'll see that I'm in agreement with Chewy. The 'bubble' comment is proof that you haven't really read or understood anything I've said since you think I'm endorsing strict observation over children when I'm not. Like I've said a few times, you can't blame something for existing if you don't want your children to see it but aren't willing to use the tools at your command to stop them. It's an easy enough point, or it would be if you actually read posts properly.

Step away from your device, take a breather. Go form an actual opinion on the matter that isn't 'I hate Dezzy so I'll oppose him on everything whether it makes sense or not'. it's apparent that your input in this thread is purely reactionary to me rather than you having any interest or an opinion about the subject matter since you actually haven't shared an opinion on it at all. Your first post was in support of jibes made be Sheriff towards me and every post sicne has been in response to me.

Do you actually have an opinion on the subject matter?
Old 04-11-2017, 01:42 PM #32
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I stand by my comment, Parental controls are easy and if your children are hanging out at someone else's house and you have a preference of the type of games or things they might play or watch then it's down to you to inform the other child's parents. It's common sense. If you are the kind of parent that doesn't want your child playing or watching things that are meant for a mature audience then you simply can't blame those things for existing, If you don't want your kids to see something then it's down to you to make sure they don't. I'm not sure why you are having so much difficulty with that.

I think it's dumb to shield kids like that, it's better to make sure they can differentiate between the game and reality and understand that violence in real life is not okay. I was always allowed to play and watch what I liked and I (like so many people) never had any problems because I knew it was just a game or a film or whatever.

I remember that thread and I love how you're throwing my comments out of context. I was basically being victim blamed in that thread because I said the customers are not always right and that people who work in retail have to deal with abuse from customers regularly and people were saying that, if I got abused then it was probably my fault as someone who works in retail. I said that you couldn't understand what it's like to work in retail and dealing with abusive customers if you've only ever been a customer. That's a fair comment, I wouldn't presume to tell a builder what it's like to build a house or tell a surgeon how to operate.

Parenting however is not a job and anyone can experience it and you don't have to have your own kids to understand what it's like to be responsible for a child or make suggestions.

Your last point is ridiculous and complete nonsense and it confirms something for me. You don't really know what you are arguing for or against in this thread since your main priority seems to be scoring points against me because you have just completely switched your stance on a dime in order to make one of the biggest reaches I've ever seen to suggest that I'm insulting Chewy when that's blatant to everyone that i'm not. Go back and read my posts PROPERLY and you'll see that I'm in agreement with Chewy. The 'bubble' comment is proof that you haven't really read or understood anything I've said since you think I'm endorsing strict observation over children when I'm not. Like I've said a few times, you can't blame something for existing if you don't want your children to see it but aren't willing to use the tools at your command to stop them. It's an easy enough point, or it would be if you actually read posts properly.

Step away from your device, take a breather. Go form an actual opinion on the matter that isn't 'I hate Dezzy so I'll oppose him on everything whether it makes sense or not'. it's apparent that your input in this thread is purely reactionary to me rather than you having any interest or an opinion about the subject matter since you actually haven't shared an opinion on it at all. Your first post was in support of jibes made be Sheriff towards me and every post sicne has been in response to me.

Yep when all else fails resort to insults and telling me to go away..standard from you. I haven't insulted you in this thread I have responded to your comments as has TS but you haven't taken issue with him, yet I have the problem with you? In the main I ignore you tbf
Old 04-11-2017, 01:44 PM #33
Banned

Banned

Also Cherie, be very careful about talking down to people who do not have children, you do not know my circumstances or anyone else's and it's very insensitive considering some reasons why people might not have kids.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:45 PM #34
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Yep when all else fails resort to insults and telling me to go away..standard from you. I haven't insulted you in this thread I have responded to your comments as has TS but you haven't taken issue with him, yet I have the problem with you? In the main I ignore you tbf
So you've ignored the vast majority of my post then. Okay, you have no interest in a discussion and I won't rise to your trolling.

Last edited by Tom4784; 04-11-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:46 PM #35
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Also Cherie, be very careful about talking down to people who do not have children, you do not know my circumstances or anyone else's and it's very insensitive considering some reasons why people might not have kids.
Oh please, you slate parents yet you want to be treated with kid gloves, treat everyone how you want to be treated and all will be well
Old 04-11-2017, 01:51 PM #36
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
So you've ignored the vast majority of my post then. Okay, you have no interest in a discussion and I won't rise to your trolling.
I have made my point over and over, it's pointless repeating it as you won't take it on board
Old 04-11-2017, 01:52 PM #37
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Oh please, you slate parents yet you want to be treated with kid gloves, treat everyone how you want to be treated and all will be well
You have misconstrued my point again.

I've not slated parents, if you actually bothered to read my posts you'd understand that my comments are aimed towards people that complain that violent games exist and want them banned or dealt with but don't use the tools at hand to prevent their own kids from engaging in content that they disapprove of.

In that large post you quoted but largely ignored (and didn't read judging by how quickly you responded) I talked about it and my own views on violent games and children but you didn't bother to read the post so you don't know.

I won't respond to any more pettiness, stop trying to derail the topic and speak about the subject matter.

Last edited by Tom4784; 04-11-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:01 PM #38
-

-

Quote:
I stand by my comment, Parental controls are easy and if your children are hanging out at someone else's house and you have a preference of the type of games or things they might play or watch then it's down to you to inform the other child's parents. It's common sense. If you are the kind of parent that doesn't want your child playing or watching things that are meant for a mature audience then you simply can't blame those things for existing, If you don't want your kids to see something then it's down to you to make sure they don't.
See... I agree and disagree really. I disagree in that, it doesn't work like that. Parental controls are BS for the mostpart - kids are tech savvy by 8 these days - it's like filling a room with toys and putting a knee high barrier that says "DON'T GO IN HERE!" in front of it. Secondly, when kids are out of the house you can't control what they're going to see no matter how many conversations you have with other kids parents, etc... it's just not how it works... my opinion is sort of more along the lines of "if you don't want your kids to see this stuff and still live a full social existence, tough ****, they're gonna see it."

You either accept that kids are going to see stuff not intended for kids... or you lock them in a room wrapped in cotton wool. It's that simple, there's no inbetween . However that's where...

Quote:
This part comes in, which I totally agree with. You can't go around dictating what's "allowed to exist" because of what your kids might see. You have to accept that they will, and gear yourself towards helping them to understand and put these things in context. In my opinion, it's the kids who are sheltered from these things only to naturally encounter them as teenagers / young adults who struggle MORE to separate entertainment from reality.

So yeah. I disagree that it's even possible for, let alone the responsibility of, a parent to fully shelter a child from these things no matter how much they might want to. It can't be done. But at the same time, I don't think that means the world needs to shift or "censor itself" to fit around kids. They're going to see it. Parent's job is simply to guide them through understanding and contextualizing what they're seeing .

I mean let's face it, kids are ****ing bizarre anyway. My daughter has no problem with horror films, GTA, Resident Evil etc... she dressed up as a corpse bride for Halloween that was genuinely scary (she won the costume competition ) ... but she is absolutely TERRIFIED of the Minecraft skeletons. Terrified. Like screeching, tears, full on panicked terror.

Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:40 PM #39
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Quote:

ratings are meaningless

I agree. Someone can’t accuse others of not understanding something because they haven’t done it, then do the self-same thing when it suits. Looking after a child for a brief period can hardly be compared to full-time parenting. Usual double standards from some.

Being a parent is more important than a retail job as parents are responsible for helping to create a well-balanced and grounded person into society. It’s pretty much a lifetime responsibility. You can never really retire. You always can get another job.

Last edited by Brillopad; 04-11-2017 at 02:52 PM.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:41 PM #40
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
She also doesn't need you to speak for her I would have thought.
Neither should Dezzy need you to speak for him.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:10 PM #41
Banned

Banned

Fascinating discussion we got here about violence in video games and whether certain themes should be explored or not.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:10 PM #42
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
I agree. Someone can’t accuse others of not understanding something because they haven’t done it, then do the self-same thing when it suits. Looking after a child for a brief period can hardly be compared to full-time parenting. Usual double standards from some.

Being a parent is more important than a retail job as parents are responsible for helping to create a well-balanced and grounded person into society. It’s pretty much a lifetime responsibility. You can never really retire. You always can get another job.
Nothing to add to the discussion, then?
Old 04-11-2017, 03:23 PM #43
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
See... I agree and disagree really. I disagree in that, it doesn't work like that. Parental controls are BS for the mostpart - kids are tech savvy by 8 these days - it's like filling a room with toys and putting a knee high barrier that says "DON'T GO IN HERE!" in front of it. Secondly, when kids are out of the house you can't control what they're going to see no matter how many conversations you have with other kids parents, etc... it's just not how it works... my opinion is sort of more along the lines of "if you don't want your kids to see this stuff and still live a full social existence, tough ****, they're gonna see it."

You either accept that kids are going to see stuff not intended for kids... or you lock them in a room wrapped in cotton wool. It's that simple, there's no inbetween . However that's where...

This part comes in, which I totally agree with. You can't go around dictating what's "allowed to exist" because of what your kids might see. You have to accept that they will, and gear yourself towards helping them to understand and put these things in context. In my opinion, it's the kids who are sheltered from these things only to naturally encounter them as teenagers / young adults who struggle MORE to separate entertainment from reality.

So yeah. I disagree that it's even possible for, let alone the responsibility of, a parent to fully shelter a child from these things no matter how much they might want to. It can't be done. But at the same time, I don't think that means the world needs to shift or "censor itself" to fit around kids. They're going to see it. Parent's job is simply to guide them through understanding and contextualizing what they're seeing .

I mean let's face it, kids are ****ing bizarre anyway. My daughter has no problem with horror films, GTA, Resident Evil etc... she dressed up as a corpse bride for Halloween that was genuinely scary (she won the costume competition ) ... but she is absolutely TERRIFIED of the Minecraft skeletons. Terrified. Like screeching, tears, full on panicked terror.

My point about parents was always aimed at the Mary Whitehouses and Helen Lovejoys of the world who think that everything and everyone should revolve and bend to the whims and needs of their child. The kinds of people that would complain to ofcom about a TV show instead of flicking over the channel and watching something else.

I don't think all parents should be responsible for shielding their children, like I said before, providing the child with the correct context is far more important. I just think that (like I also said before) the Marys and the Helens of parenting should take that responsibility of shielding their own kids since they tend to believe the world should change for their benefit. The world won't change for anyone and most parents understand that but I'd rather busybody parents take responsibility for their own methods of parenting rather than trying to force child friendliness upon the world.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:10 PM #44
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
My point about parents was always aimed at the Mary Whitehouses and Helen Lovejoys of the world who think that everything and everyone should revolve and bend to the whims and needs of their child. The kinds of people that would complain to ofcom about a TV show instead of flicking over the channel and watching something else.

I don't think all parents should be responsible for shielding their children, like I said before, providing the child with the correct context is far more important. I just think that (like I also said before) the Marys and the Helens of parenting should take that responsibility of shielding their own kids since they tend to believe the world should change for their benefit. The world won't change for anyone and most parents understand that but I'd rather busybody parents take responsibility for their own methods of parenting rather than trying to force child friendliness upon the world.
No it wasn't, this was your point no point trying to dress it up now

It's incredibly easy to monitor and limit what your kids are doing online. There's settings on consoles that can prevent them from talking to strangers online or receiving messages and i'm sure there's passcode options so that kids can't simply switch off safety measures unless they know the code. Hell I'm fairly certain you can limit games with older age certificates so that child accounts can't access them.

There are plenty of options out there for parents that don't want their kids playing violent games or interacting with people online.

The advent of Smartphones haven't made monitoring children harder, it's easier than it used to be since there's **** tons of apps for monitoring children with technology that didn't exist before smartphones were a thing.

Finally, the act of pushing out a baby does not make a person superior to people who don't have kids nor does it give you a wealth of information that would otherwise be inaccessible to people without kids.

If parents are that concerned about what their kids are doing then there's plenty of options available to them as long as they can...you know... be bothered to do more than just complain.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:23 PM #45
Banned

Banned

Quote:
No it wasn't, this was your point no point trying to dress it up now

It's incredibly easy to monitor and limit what your kids are doing online. There's settings on consoles that can prevent them from talking to strangers online or receiving messages and i'm sure there's passcode options so that kids can't simply switch off safety measures unless they know the code. Hell I'm fairly certain you can limit games with older age certificates so that child accounts can't access them.

There are plenty of options out there for parents that don't want their kids playing violent games or interacting with people online.

The advent of Smartphones haven't made monitoring children harder, it's easier than it used to be since there's **** tons of apps for monitoring children with technology that didn't exist before smartphones were a thing.

Finally, the act of pushing out a baby does not make a person superior to people who don't have kids nor does it give you a wealth of information that would otherwise be inaccessible to people without kids.

If parents are that concerned about what their kids are doing then there's plenty of options available to them as long as they can...you know... be bothered to do more than just complain.

Last edited by Tom4784; 04-11-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:19 PM #46
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You should really read posts PROPERLY before you quote them since nothing in that post contradicts what I've said.
Nope, in a nutshell your point was parents should be responsible for what their children access, when i pointed out how on a practical level this was pretty much impossible you got all snippy and as per threw a few insults, and accused me of trolling, you then agreed with TS on much the same point I made, and then claimed you were talking about Mary Whitehouse types in an attempt to ingratiate yourself with him, in between all this you told me I should be worried about who my kids were mixing with Not sure if I was supposed to be insulted by that but I am not
Old 04-11-2017, 08:25 PM #47
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Neither should Dezzy need you to speak for him.
It's like North Korea around here at times with males trying to dictate who responds and how they respond

Last edited by Cherie; 04-11-2017 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:51 PM #48
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Nope, in a nutshell your point was parents should be responsible for what their children access, when i pointed out how on a practical level this was pretty much impossible you got all snippy and as per threw a few insults, and accused me of trolling, you then agreed with TS on much the same point I made, and then claimed you were talking about Mary Whitehouse types in an attempt to ingratiate yourself with him, in between all this you told me I should be worried about who my kids were mixing with Not sure if I was supposed to be insulted by that but I am not
This is the post that you quoted of mine

Quote:

I made an important distinction there that you completely missed because, as per usual, you didn't read my posts properly. 'For parents that don't want their kids playing violent video games' not ALL parents.

You also cut off one half of that post in which I made the same distinction again.

Quote:
It's up to parents to decide whether their kids are mature enough to handle mature content. It's easy enough to monitor what kids are doing and playing so if their parents have a problem with violent video games, it's up to them to moderate what they play.

You can't be all like 'Violent video games are bad for children but I can't be bothered to keep an eye on what they're playing!'

It's a parent's responsibility to know what their children are doing.
Another distinction that I made which you ignored or more likely didn't read.

Quote:

Some more examples of me making a distinction that you ignored because it invalidated your reasons for your attacks or more likely you just didn't read. In case it's the latter I've also quoted the big post that I know you didn't read properly and even highlighted the distinction as well as own opinion on children and violent video games since you obviously couldn't be bothered to read it properly before.

Quote:

Your entire argument in this thread has been based on your own misunderstanding of my posts. I'll ignore the rest of that post of yours since it's just baiting and you've taken this topic off topic enough.

Now, do you actually have anything to add to the discussion of violent video games and themes? I'd love to hear your opinions on the issue.

Last edited by Tom4784; 04-11-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:52 PM #49

I started playing GTA games from Year 7 tbh as I got San Andreas for 2004 Xmas as I begged for it. My mum would watch me playing games up until I was about 15 or so, but she always trusted in her raising of me that playing violent games or watching gory movies wouldn't cloud my mind and it didn't.

Won't even lie, the only time it ever got awk was if a game got a little sexual.

Last edited by Brother Leon; 04-11-2017 at 08:58 PM.
Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:56 PM #50
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
This is the post that you quoted of mine

I made an important distinction there that you completely missed because, as per usual, you didn't read my posts properly. 'For parents that don't want their kids playing violent video games' not ALL parents.

You also cut off one half of that post in which I made the same distinction again.

Another distinction that I made which you ignored or more likely didn't read.

Some more examples of me making a distinction that you ignored because it invalidated your reasons for your attacks or more likely you just didn't read. In case it's the latter I've also quoted the big post that I know you didn't read properly and even highlighted the distinction as well as own opinion on children and violent video games since you obviously couldn't be bothered to read it properly before.

Your entire argument in this thread has been based on your own misunderstanding of my posts. I'll ignore the rest of that post of yours since it's just baiting and you've taken this topic off topic enough.

Now, do you actually have anything to add to the discussion of violent video games and themes? I'd love to hear your opinions on the issue.
Happy for videos of any category to be played by children who are mature enough and whose parents sanction it, my eldest son played 18 videos from aged 11, my youngest son was okay with certain games not with others it's not a one size fits all scenario, they are both old enough to make their own decisions now

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
conference, content, controversy, due, sony, violent