Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 12-01-2018, 12:04 PM #126

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Was a while back, but I am fairly sure it was a custom cake, which the bakery did offer but they were not willing to put the message on, which was something (again from memory) about celebrating gay marriage..so it was the message they were asked to put on that they disagreed with, not that the customer was gay.

Seems daft though to refuse to put a message on a ****ing cake, just because you disagree with it.
Yeah that was the product they didn’t offer...gay messages on cakes.
Up to them imo.They design the cakes.It’s their product.
Daft to us but if it’s against their religion then i think it’s wrong to force them into it.That’s religious discrimination.
Let the people vote with their wallets and not spend their cash in there anymore.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:09 PM #127
0_o

0_o

Just found the thread about it. Was a Bert and Ernie cake they wanted ( ), with a message about gay marriage
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru....php?p=7025032

If thats the same one
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:15 PM #128

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I answered your question and you've avoided acknowledging it because you don't have an answer for what I said in my post so you're projecting everything on to me.

I answered your question, now respond to what I've said or admit you've lost the argument.

Giving out orders now are we?
No, twice you ignored the obvious in your replies to me and kept bleating on about how the DM wasn't selling before I decided it was pointless discussing with you. I even bolded the relevant part and asked why you were ignoring it and you responded with faff. You can't have a debate with someone who blocks out things they don't want to see. I am more than willing to respond to anything, but not with you any more. It's a waste of time.

Last edited by jet; 12-01-2018 at 12:50 PM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:29 PM #129
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Giving out orders now are we?
No, twice you ignored the obvious in your replies to me and kept bleating on about how the DM wasn't selling before I decided it was pointless discussing with you. I even bolded the relevant part and asked why you were ignoring it and you responded with faff. You can't have a debate with someone who blocks out things they don't want to see. I am more than willing to respond to anything, but not with you any more. It's a waste of time.
I've aswered your question, I don'care whether or not you liked the answer but now you are being a complete hypocrite by ignoring most of my posts just to bleat on about me not answering a question when I answered it hours ago. You cna't say I'm avoiding things when I answer your question and then go on to avoid what I've said.

You're just being a hypocrite now and it's fairly obvious that you can't respond to my own arguments which is why you are ignoring them. It's more dignified to admit defeat than it is to take the ball home in a strop.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:29 PM #130

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I've aswered your question, I don'care whether or not you liked the answer but now you are being a complete hypocrite by ignoring most of my posts just to bleat on about me not answering a question when I answered it hours ago. You cna't say I'm avoiding things when I answer your question and then go on to avoid what I've said.

You're just being a hypocrite now and it's fairly obvious that you can't respond to my own arguments which is why you are ignoring them. It's more dignified to admit defeat than it is to take the ball home in a strop.
A faffing one liner isn't an answer, but if you consider it is, then fine. You'll twist and turn every which way to avoid being thought of as wrong and Dezzy can NEVER be wrong. So I'll graciously concede defeat to please you. Happy now?
Old 12-01-2018, 09:16 PM #131
Banned

Banned

Quote:
A faffing one liner isn't an answer, but if you consider it is, then fine. You'll twist and turn every which way to avoid being thought of as wrong and Dezzy can NEVER be wrong. So I'll graciously concede defeat to please you. Happy now?
This is a debate, Jet. If you think the answer I gave was 'faff' then explain why. Argue your points because... you know...it's a debate?

I'll argue my points, that's not 'twisting and turning' that's defending my opinions, you're just trying to spin the situation to degrade my argument because you can't argue against it.
Old 13-01-2018, 12:25 AM #132

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
This is a debate, Jet. If you think the answer I gave was 'faff' then explain why. Argue your points because... you know...it's a debate?

I'll argue my points, that's not 'twisting and turning' that's defending my opinions, you're just trying to spin the situation to degrade my argument because you can't argue against it.
I am under no obligation to continue to debate with anyone who I feel is being continually evasive in regard to certain key points, which I have also experienced with you in previous debates, and that is why I ended my discussion with you.
You replied, accusing me of refusing to continue to debate because I didn't want to answer something you asked me or something I couldn't argue against or whatever. That's not true, but it seems you can't accept that. I know its 100% the truth, so that's okay with me.

I think we just don't gel at all as debating partners. I like to enjoy a debate to some extent, but I find you too frustrating, and perhaps you feel the same about me.
Lets leave it at that, eh?

Last edited by jet; 13-01-2018 at 12:49 AM.
Old 13-01-2018, 01:11 AM #133
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I am under no obligation to continue to debate with anyone who I feel is being continually evasive in regard to certain key points, which I have also experienced with you in previous debates, and that is why I ended my discussion with you.
You replied, accusing me of refusing to continue to debate because I didn't want to answer something you asked me or something I couldn't argue against or whatever. That's not true, but it seems you can't accept that. I know its 100% the truth, so that's okay with me.

I think we just don't gel at all as debating partners. I like to enjoy a debate to some extent, but I find you too frustrating, and perhaps you feel the same about me.
Lets leave it at that, eh?
You can't keep playing the 'evasive' card pretty much a day after I gave you an answer. You're the one being evasive now because you declared my opinion invalid and now you won't explain why. All you've done is snipe at me and insult me while offering nothing of value in terms of the topic.

I'm going to keep pressing the issue because you are being so evasive about it. Explain why the answer I gave you is apparently invalid, this is a debate so defend yourself.
Old 13-01-2018, 02:15 AM #134

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You can't keep playing the 'evasive' card pretty much a day after I gave you an answer. You're the one being evasive now because you declared my opinion invalid and now you won't explain why. All you've done is snipe at me and insult me while offering nothing of value in terms of the topic.

I'm going to keep pressing the issue because you are being so evasive about it. Explain why the answer I gave you is apparently invalid, this is a debate so defend yourself.
Oh for goodness sake! Is it really that important to you?
Does this help:

You continuously referred to low sales of the DM as being the reason they stopped making them available on their trains and made no reference at all to the statement about withdrawing them because they didn't agree with the papers views.
I wrote several times in response to this:

Quote:
Once again you have ignored the fact that Virgin clearly stated their reasons for withdrawing the DM was because they didn't agree with their views.
I believe this is the second time you have ignored this, which I bolded as an important point in my previous posts to you.
I find you smoke screen a lot and therefore are too frustrating to converse with.
Finally, you referred to this lack of response to Virgin withdrawing the papers because it was stated they didn't agree with their views by saying:

Quote:
Figures speak louder than words or reasoning to me especially if the reasoning seems like spin to me that contradicts the figures.
That is the very epitome of faff to me and at that point I lost the will to carry on talking to you.

Now are you going to come back with more stuff or will you have mercy on me.
Old 13-01-2018, 02:33 AM #135
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Oh for goodness sake! Is it really that important to you?
Does this help:

You continuously referred to low sales of the DM as being the reason they stopped making them available on their trains and made no reference at all to the statement about withdrawing them because they didn't agree with the papers views.
I wrote several times in response to this:

Finally, you referred to this lack of response to Virgin withdrawing the papers because it was stated they didn't agree with their views by saying:

That is the very epitome of faff to me and at that point I lost the will to carry on talking to you.

Now are you going to come back with more stuff or will you have mercy on me.
I'm allowed to respond Jet, I know the whole idea of freedom of speech being a two way street is such a bother to you but you're gonna have to deal with it.

What I said was true, figures almost always tell the truth, it's the reasoning that provides the spin and in this case I found the reasoning to be at odds with the figures they presented. If sales were that low then why would they need to defend their decision to axe it by saying that it didn't mesh well with their company's views? When they could have just said 'We're getting rid because it doesn't sell on our trains.' and left it at that.

When inconsistencies appear between reasoning and the figures and you have to choose one of them to believe then it's almost always wise to trust the figures themselves because companies can **** themselves over or open themselves up to legal action if they declare that they've sold a false number of a product. To me, the discrepancy is most likely down to poor PR strategy.
Old 15-01-2018, 10:08 AM #136

Virgin Trains to resume Daily Mail sales

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42687568

Richard Branson is saying he didn't know about the decision to stop selling it

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 10:13 AM #137
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post

i think someone has had their knuckles pounded with a brick
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 10:30 AM #138
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:

wtaf
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 11:23 AM #139
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

What a farce.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 12:03 PM #140
You know my methods

You know my methods

Common sense at last

A victory for freethinkers everywhere
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 05:27 PM #141
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Common sense at last

A victory for freethinkers everywhere
Indeed.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 05:34 PM #142
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
What a farce.
Nope - trying to control public choice was the farce.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 05:40 PM #143
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Whiney righty snowflakes ruining everything tbh
Old 15-01-2018, 06:53 PM #144
0_o

0_o

Quote:

How strange

I think this has definitely been a PR stunt in this case now tbh. Just to get a bit of attention for Virgin and maybe even to get sales of the mail up as now people will make sure they buy them so that this does not happen again. bravo
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
daily, halts, mail, sales, trains, virgin