Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 13-01-2018, 01:53 PM #26

Any act of terrorism is a direct attack on all uk law abiding citizens. This is a very odd case, would like to know what evidence was lacking for the attempted murder charge to not be pursued.

Some crazy judicial decisions have been in the press recently and its quite worrying
Old 13-01-2018, 02:04 PM #27
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Send him back to Poland, let them keep him. We don't need to import bigots we've plenty already.
Amen to that! Never hold a mirror up to them though they hate that.
Old 13-01-2018, 02:08 PM #28
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Please demonstrate where I have attacked you here. Or are my last couple of posts evidence of that in your opinion. Is so, that speaks volumes about your definition of ‘evidence’.
Calling me naive when I asked you for evidence of your claims was what I was referring to. If you called me naive and then offered up something of substance to justify it then I wouldn't have cared but you just called me that to cover for the fact that you are making up your argument as you go along.

I don't see how what I said undermines my request for evidence of your claims. I think you've just latched onto that word and tried to turn the argument against me by bringing up evidence in an out of context way that doesn't really make much sense.

Last edited by Tom4784; 13-01-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 02:10 PM #29
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Send him back to Poland, let them keep him. We don't need to import bigots we've plenty already.
I agree tbh.
Old 13-01-2018, 02:26 PM #30
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Calling me naive when I asked you for evidence of your claims was what I was referring to. If you called me naive and then offered up something of substance to justify it then I wouldn't have cared but you just called me that to cover for the fact that you are making up your argument as you go along.

I don't see how what I said undermines my request for evidence of your claims. I think you've just latched onto that word and tried to turn the argument against me by bringing up evidence in an out of context way that doesn't really make much sense.
Calling you naive is no more attacking, probably a lot less so, than you calling me a racist as you have on many occasions. The rest is nonsense in my opinion.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 03:31 PM #31
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Terrorists don't need to be organised for it to be terrorism though, most muslim attacks are also committed by lone nutters.

I don't think weighing crimes against each other on a scale is the best way of looking at things either, crimes are still crimes. Terrorism is still terrorism.
Oh yeah, all terrorists undoubtedly. Right now though we've got people building bombs on one side, and on the other we've got people like the hero at the centre of this story. I don't want them getting any more organised than they are. I wasn't really weighing the cases against each other I was pointing out that when there were an incident in France where a man drove a lorry through a crowd, there were some claims that it wasn't terrorism, it was one lone wolf, probably with mental problems. It's all terrorism. I think we agree on that.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 03:51 PM #32
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Oh yeah, all terrorists undoubtedly. Right now though we've got people building bombs on one side, and on the other we've got people like the hero at the centre of this story. I don't want them getting any more organised than they are. I wasn't really weighing the cases against each other I was pointing out that when there were an incident in France where a man drove a lorry through a crowd, there were some claims that it wasn't terrorism, it was one lone wolf, probably with mental problems. It's all terrorism. I think we agree on that.
110%
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 04:10 PM #33

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

It's all scary and very worrying .

It also makes me lose faith in the justice system and makes me angry at low life violent terrorists being released!! . They're evil psychopaths !.

There shouldn't even be a question as they should all NEVER set foot in public again. Throw the damn Key away!! They're a danger to society!! . How can it be allowed to put the public at such high risk!!! the mind baffles !!! .

I feel like there's always some horrific massacre attack before authorities catch these scum bags and put them in prison and sentence them properly .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 13-01-2018 at 04:10 PM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 06:57 PM #34
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
It's all scary and very worrying .

It also makes me lose faith in the justice system and makes me angry at low life violent terrorists being released!! . They're evil psychopaths !.

There shouldn't even be a question as they should all NEVER set foot in public again. Throw the damn Key away!! They're a danger to society!! . How can it be allowed to put the public at such high risk!!! the mind baffles !!! .

I feel like there's always some horrific massacre attack before authorities catch these scum bags and put them in prison and sentence them properly .
In defence of the justice system, he was charged with dangerous driving, domestic violence and drink driving.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 05:46 AM #35
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
In defence of the justice system, he was charged with dangerous driving, domestic violence and drink driving.
He admitted drink driving, it doesn't say he was charged with doing it, I'm sorry when a guy says 'see that man over there I'm going to kill him, and then proceed to do precisely that and only get charged with dangerous driving... that's indefensible, what are they doing trying to destroy faith in the justice system like the rest of public services?

That's what these bonkers decisions do they undermine public confidence in the justice system as justice isn't seen to be done. I know you think I have a downer on this country I don't I love it and the people in it, I just hate it when decisions like this damage the integrity of our institutions.
Old 14-01-2018, 01:27 PM #36
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Calling you naive is no more attacking, probably a lot less so, than you calling me a racist as you have on many occasions. The rest is nonsense in my opinion.
If I call you a racist, I'm going to back it up with things you've said, like I said in the post you quoted but obviously didn't read. I wouldn't have considered naive an attack if you actually bothered to qualify it. Also, stop with trying to turn the word racist or accusations of racism into a dirty word, it's not going to happen no matter how hard you try to make it so.

Last edited by Tom4784; 14-01-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Old 14-01-2018, 04:49 PM #37

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Well this country seems to have a track record of letting terrorists wander around freely.The hundreds of ISIS members who’ve come back from Syria for example.

Non of them should be free including the maniac in the op.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
free, terrorist, walks