Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:00 PM #1

Default 10 Questions

A lot of good posters don't post any more on this site, why?

Has the place changed so much it not the friendly place it once was?

Why have the members lost respect for each other?

Where did all the fun go?

What happened to good debate?

Where is the site where things weren't rammed down you throat and personal comments weren't made about members of groups of members?

Are we going to have house mates chosen as favorites by members and then not be allowed to discuss there negative traits?

Can the place be as exciting and alive as it was before or are we stuck with the site as it is now?

Are new members going to be welcomed and respected by the old members or are they going to be shot down in flames and told where to go?

Finally what does this say about the potential for a good discussion in Big Brother 8?
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:03 PM #2
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

I would assume it is because of the atmosphere here lately. I know for a fact that some of the people who used to post regularly no longer find it fun to be here.

In a word, Yes.

I have no idea.

Everything is so serious now and everyone takes offense at stuff so easily.

It got lost in amongst the arguments.

Where is the site where things weren't rammed down you throat and personal comments weren't made about members of groups of members?
Gone forever.

Are we going to have house mates chosen as favorites by members and then not be allowed to discuss there negative traits?
Most likely.

Can the place be as exciting and alive as it was before or are we stuck with the site as it is now?
The latter.

Are new members going to be welcomed and respected by the old members or are they going to be shot down in flames and told where to go?
It remains to be seen.

Finally what does this say about the potential for a good discussion in Big Brother 8?
BB8 will be a logistical nightmare for the admin of this site.
lily. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:07 PM #3

1. Well Ive been told its because of 'people like me' which I find very insulting and upsetting cos I do try to get along with everyone, and I dont like arguements.

2. I still think its friendly, were just going through a phase, and things will pass. Me and Linda had a bit of a tiff, but we seem to be OK now.

3. I havn't lost any respect for ANYONE. I respect all the members the same. Yeah of course I have my friends, but as a member.. everyone has equal rights.

4. I think the reason theres no fun at the moment, is because nothings happening. No positive things are happening at the moment. None whatsoever. Theres no BB news which depresses everyone, theres no much prison talk, and depressing talk. Nothing is keeping our spirits alive.

5. (see above)

6. (see question 4 lol

7. Housemates are different to celebrities. People can accept negative comments towards a HM better than a celeb.

8. Things will get better when BB8 starts.. im sure of it.

9. I always respect new members, and I should hope everyone else does aswell.

10. When we get some info aout BB8 everyone will be all hyper, and im sure on launch night everyone will be getting together and chatting as a group.
Chrizzle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:23 PM #4

A lot of good posters don't post any more on this site, why?I cannot speak for them but I assume they have either grown tired of the forum or are a bit over sensitive.

Has the place changed so much it not the friendly place it once was? In some aspects yes, there's alot more personal insults flying around but there's still a good group of people.It may sound harsh but I feel the standard of posts is down in some area's of the forum and that leads to people getting annoyed with the endless silly threads and that causes tension, some try and make those threads into a bit of laugh but then get called bully's over it.

Why have the members lost respect for each other?A huge difference in views and the manner that they are put across.

Where did all the fun go?It's still there in someways but people take offence to little things these days.

What happened to good debate?Some of it got lost with people who don't debate just argue and when they cannot answer something or don't like the views of someone they resort to childish insults.I still feel some members are able to debate well.

A great deal of topics seem to get buried under a whole load of crap, it would help if these topics were locked quicker or merged so that they don't get in the way of proper debates.

Where is the site where things weren't rammed down you throat and personal comments weren't made about members of groups of members?In the past it seems.

Are we going to have house mates chosen as favorites by members and then not be allowed to discuss there negative traits?More than likely, sadly.

Can the place be as exciting and alive as it was before or are we stuck with the site as it is now?Depends if the attitudes of some people change I guess,I would not say it's not that exciting just not as fun, more serious.

Are new members going to be welcomed and respected by the old members or are they going to be shot down in flames and told where to go?I'll speak honestly when I say some of the new members do annoy me, we all know what it's like to be new but I cannot relate to some of the stuff they do and the use of text speech just goes further to adding to my annoyance.I don't care if you are new or old as long as you just post sensibly and I will always welcome those who act in a mature way but some push my patience with the lack of respect of the rules and consideration of other members.

Finally what does this say about the potential for a good discussion in Big Brother 8? Not a great deal when people just resort to petty insults, some are just so one sided in their views that they cannot accept another point of view without going off on one.
Dan_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:28 PM #5

1) The forum’s been getting a bit annoying lately. I’ve refrained from posting too, but that’s mainly because BB8 hasn’t even started, yet there are so many threads about the same thing. I feel there is far too much repetition at the moment which can get really frustrating.

2) I don’t think it’s really that friendly at the moment. People are becoming less and less tolerant and more and more snappy.

3) It’s not so much about respect – I think we all respect each other, but the terminology in some arguments can be questioned. Rather than the issue being about respect, it should be more about how to express yourself and communication skills.

4) If you want to have fun and are a fun-loving character, who’s stopping you? Continue with it. If you really are a fun person, you’ll laugh and move on.

5) To me, good debate is extremely important. But when I do make a relevant post airing my views, nobody seems to respond to those, but instead nitpick with other members. I don’t mind though – it just gives me the impression that what I’ve posted is spot on and nobody’s questioning it! So I won’t argue there.

6) I really don’t know. I hope it comes back.

7) That’d be slightly pointless, wouldn’t it? I’ve not noticed that ever being the case. There will always be stubborn people who’ll support their favourite HM no matter what. But that shouldn’t stop others supporting those they choose to.

8) It will require determination and patience.

9) As far as I’m aware, they are always welcomed. If they have valid, relevant, interesting points to make I see no reason why they shouldn’t be listened to. We were all new members once.

10) When BB8 starts, I’m expecting the forum to be flooded with threads and information on the series itself, rather than repetitive, petty ones.
Bells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:28 PM #6
Banned

Banned

*Q* A lot of good posters don't post any more on this site, why?

(answer) There could be loads of reasons? They may be dead, bored, ill, fed up, joined somewhere else, or a million more reasons. Anyway, new ones are coming on and I hope to make some new good friends and acquaintances real soon

*Q* Has the place changed so much it not the friendly place it once was?

(answer) It is still very friendly, but sometimes it can get heated and full of tension. But for many, it is just a way of enjoying the day. I haven't noticed too much change.

*Q* Why have the members lost respect for each other?

(answer) I respect loads of members and so do others. It depends whether you look at the positive side or the negative side. I see loads of disrespect and I see loads of respect too. Nothing is lost!!

*Q* Where did all the fun go?

(answer) It's still here Red, but we some of us are waiting for the Big Brother 8 show to begin and are getting a little lost. Good things will come, as soon as it arrives.

*Q* What happened to good debate?

(answer) It can be found in the CBB section and is ready to be started again at any time (Only joking) I think that many are happier with one-liners and chit chat. I like debate, so does a few others.

*Q* Where is the site where things weren't rammed down you throat and personal comments weren't made about members of groups of members?

(answer) It's hard to avoid that and I believe it will never stop. It is about a happy balance and keeping control, but using discression in a mature manner.

*Q* Are we going to have house mates chosen as favorites by members and then not be allowed to discuss there negative traits?

(answer) When Big Brother 8 starts, we shall be all talking about each and every housemate and what we think of them. We are all going to have our favourites and we shall clash on opinions and that is just the way the cookie crumbles.

*Q* Can the place be as exciting and alive as it was before or are we stuck with the site as it is now?

(answer) Like I said, it is exciting still to many. Some want to talk about the EYE, all day and all night and make loads of posts about it. I see that loads of members get involved and are happy to do so. It hasn't changed since I first joined, but you will know how things used to be in the olden-days

*Q* Are new members going to be welcomed and respected by the old members or are they going to be shot down in flames and told where to go?

(answer) That depends on their opinions and what they say to others. I have noticed some aggression to new members. They are getting a rough deal, some of them? I try to be nice.

*Q* Finally what does this say about the potential for a good discussion in Big Brother 8?

(answer) There will be good discussion, but problems will arrive, of course. But I think the enthusiasm will be there

nodisharmony
nodisharmony is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:35 PM #7
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Nick, this wasn't my thread. Red Moon started it.

And, can I just also add that I think TiBB is in the state it's in because too many members dislike other members and can't keep that opinion to themselves on the threads. I am guilty of this as well, so don't think I'm blaming others and not taking any responsibility myself.

I used to just tolerate people I didn't like, but lately it's gotten to the "I'm going to express my dislike" stage with a lot of people.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:44 PM #8
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by L
Nick, this wasn't my thread. Red Moon started it.

And, can I just also add that I think TiBB is in the state it's in because too many members dislike other members and can't keep that opinion to themselves on the threads. I am guilty of this as well, so don't think I'm blaming others and not taking any responsibility myself.

I used to just tolerate people I didn't like, but lately it's gotten to the "I'm going to express my dislike" stage with a lot of people.
I have corrected the mistake, sorry (L), sorry (Red).

Thanks for telling me

I understand what you mean Linda, I have two real enemies that followed me here from a past forum and stirred up all kinds of trouble for me, but today, I have dealt with it much better.

I have made that mistake before, and being provoked by others makes you mad. I see that you have done the same and all you want to do is have it sorted.

But on a positive side, there are some great members here, who I really get on with and I like a lot. "Yourself" being one of them

That is what makes it so enjoyable and I try to place the problems which I have had, to the back of my mind and move on with fun and debate.

nodisharmony
Old 06-05-2007, 09:51 PM #9

Lots of changes have taken place and the member base is very different people either have to adapt or choose to leave. I do think that the adapting needs to be done by new members and old members alike though to meet each other in the middle

I wish I could say something in defence of the site but it isnt friendly anymore, there is always someone waiting to pounce

Lack of understanding of each others ages, likes, dislikes. Lack of compromise, lack of communication skills

If anyone can answer this let me know I will go find it

I think that people not respecting each others opinion killed good debate. I think that some being dogmatic in the way debate is approached is provoking arguments, I also think that communication skills and styles plays a big part

Red I again wish I knew the answer to this one - I am holding out for a miracle though and hoping it will just be hiding and not lost forever

Probably but thats half the fun of it as long as people learn to tolerate and respect each other

I think it can be the site it was, i think work is needed by all the members and for once this is not something that Admin are responsible for or control.

I for one will always be welcoming to new members

It can be done Red - I know you are tired , we all are but really it can be done
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:08 AM #10

This is a thread that is long overdue. I think that is because it could only realistically be made by a moderator.
Please forgive me for making a general response rather than the ten questions specifically.
For a long time I have wondered why there are so many visitors to the site compared to the number of members who are logged on and posting. Now that I tend to be one of the majority who read rather than post I am beginning to understand why.
I joined this site a year ago and it is the only forum that I have ever posted in. The idea was to greatly enhance my Big Brother experience and hopefully communicate with some decent members of all ages that provide the incentive for fun communication between each BB series.
Unfortunately it has not worked out this way because like nearly everything else in this world it is being ruined by a tiny minority, and in this case I really am talking about just one or two wreckers.
To be blatant about it , and only speaking for myself ,I believe there is one member who has a major ageist agenda and there is one member who is just plain rude and provocative and who should know better.
I have on several occasions read a post and thought ` oh dear, that new member will be put off and not come back ` and its nearly always caused by the same member or two ,and on many occasions it does turn out that way.
Sorry to name members here, but Nodisharmony is the perfect example of a new member who was given the worst welcome I have ever seen. Although I did not agree with much stuff posted about Jade etc I totally respected his relentless posting which kind of made me laugh and cry at the same time, but he is unique in that he is about the only person in the world who would take this abuse and not leave when nearly everyone else would have. What was most revealing was the fact that those that hassled him were the ones who continuously responded to his posts !!! imo this site will only benefit from such a well mannered prolific poster, and yet he was so close to leaving, and so how many others have actually left ? I can certainly think of quite a few and feel I know exactly their reasons.
Arguments about rumors, the eye, celebrities etc are just ridiculous. Why can`t the younger creative members enjoy a bit of fun, its the BB logo for heaven`s sake, and no-one needs to look anyway.
I still love reading the posts and certainly no one is going to miss my posts but I really like 95% of the members and hope to get that posting feeling again when no.8 comes along. lol I remember watching the first night of BB1 and haven't missed much since.
May I make a couple of suggestions; First one is that members should post what they want within the rules and that if the thread is not taken up by more than say 2 OR 3 replies in 24 hours then it should be relegated to page 2 or to a sort of recycle bin.
Secondly it is a well known fact that a short term ban that can be repeated over and over is pointless and only designed to save members that have been around far too long. It should be 3 bans and out. The reality is that this site would start to grow even more rapidly , but more to the point it will consist of decent members who can be civil to one another.
Sorry if I embarrassed you Nodis but I so wanted to bring this up when you first joined , and by the way are you really Jade`s Dad ?

Come on everyone ,lets chill and enjoy what will be the best BB Yet!!
J.C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:15 AM #11
Banned

Banned

Thanks J.C. for the nice sentiments

It's been a rocky ride, "I Know", but those who come through it all and still survive, it feels good and I have....

"I know what you are saying is quite true."

But if personal feelings rule, "which they do", then it is better to sort it out in UTU form and talk-peace.

Glad you are reading stuff J.C. The Chill Zone topic is a good read, "funny and educational too"

nodisharmony
Old 07-05-2007, 12:16 PM #12

Wonderful post J.C and upon refelction I was caught up in the whole issue when Nodis first arrived - I am glad he stuck around though

I suppose another thing is those that have been here longer (like myself) feel like our comfort zone is being invaded. A bit like someone deciding to wear your slippers if you understand what I mean.

I know there are things I personally can do differently and just wonder if other members are prepared to admit that also.

As for the bans JC it is 3 warnings then out - each ban lasts a little longer after 3 we apply a permanent ban. I personally have tried to look the other way when people have argued to allow them time to work out differences, since that hasnt worked I will apply the rules to the letter to everyone who posts here.
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:59 PM #13
Z

Z

It's difficult to get a word in edgeways, lots of members are keen to form groups and exclude others.

Definitely. From the time I joined to now, the number of arguments have increased tenfold.

I think the age thing's an issue, also a lot of people on here can't seem to differentiate between a debate and an argument, so personal attacks have gone up.

It went away.

I think that far too many people are immature when it comes to debating and when somebody makes a response to their post, they see it as a personal attack.

That site no longer exists. I was harassed on MSN last night for having an opinion.

That's always happened, though. I don't think that's changed, people are always going to have opinions on the housemates because the BB producers pick controversial people. Simple as.

I think it can be, but with a lot of work. I agree with J.C.'s suggestion above, it's persistent trouble makers who are causing fights. As much as I like Linda, she's been given 3 temporary bans now, she's treading on thin ice. I'm fairly sure there are others in the same situation. Hopefully this'll sink in, she's said she's not been posting as much because she wants to avoid being permanently banned. It's a shame, she used to be able to be loud, but not in a disrespectful way, it was more banter. Now, any comments she makes, or that are directed to her, tend to end in an argument. Maybe not her fault exclusively, but it's something to consider. And sorry for using you as an example !

I think they will be. :|

I think this bodes badly.

However, I have a suggestion to make. People are going on about "Team Playground" and the like. Why not introduce "exclusive" boards? Play up this divide? Before I get shot down for this, let me explain:

People really aren't accepting, and all the new members are being attracted to "Team Playground" because they post more. It's only natural, and I'm not for one minute saying that this is a bad thing. But it only helps to create a divide. What I'm suggesting is to introduce perhaps two boards, where you can only access one or the other. Think of it as being a "Team" of sorts. When you join, you can go into "Team Playground" because as it is, that's whom most new members make friends with. If that's not working out for you, you can move to the other team. Therefore, there's a "safe haven" where you don't have to be around the people that you fight with all the time, maybe you can start up some kind of stress relieving topic in there. I know there've been those sorts of topics before that have ended in fighting, but with people being streamed off into groups that's far less likely to happen because you're in a group with people you get along with. It might not be an absolute solution, but maybe after a period of time we can introduce inter-team competitions and the like, just for some good ol' unity .

It worked on the other site I frequent, though they introduced a third time and as such all three of the teams effectively died because there weren't enough active members in each to stimulate conversation. But I think it would work, and I hope the suggestion is taken seriously!
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:07 PM #14

i don't post here much and i like this site i think we should post where we want keep it open to all. especially ppl like me because i dont make friends on forums and some ppl do but like to be mates with everyone like. maybe you should have that option so ppl can go there if they wantbut still let ppl talk on the forum as normal.
Polka.dot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:20 PM #15

Thanks very much Nodis and Sunny. I definitely understand what you are both saying and am very pleased that things all worked out well. I guess TIbb is going through quite a transition at the moment with many new members joining, which has to be good for the site, even though it will put a different slant on things for many of you original members. I feel sure that there is a balance that can be achieved that suits everyone , especially as we all have one thing in common in that we love BB.
It may be a good idea to look at some of the threads that end up being locked. Many of them start in a fairly divisive way, and often have an agenda aimed at humiliating another member or group of members.
J.C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:53 PM #16
Banned

Banned

To J.C :- I am very glad that you are here and your comments are very nice and true. But the main thing is "positive". Looking back at all the past negativity is okay, but it is how we all progress from that point, which is important. Big Brother 8 is so near now, we can almost taste it
Many new members are joining and when Big Brother 8 is finally here, it could get busy. Very busy! with loads & loads of enthusiastic nice people. But a small amount of nasty attitude too, But that's another problem for another day.

To Z:- I don't agree with this "Team Playground" stuff. I also don't agree with this "Two-board divide" suggestion either. People have to learn to get on and that's that. If you don't like a member, then all anyone needs to do is "Blank" them, ignore them. There is no need to start arguments with people you don't like. If they start on you, then you have protection from Admins & Mods who sort this out. But the suggestion of two-boards makes an unnesessary bad situation even worse. Also, "age" & "how long" or "how short" your time here, shouldn't matter. This "Team Playground" comment is offensive to some.

To bigbro323:- I agree that some members like to make friends and some come here to debate or just post information about things, but choose to keep to themselves. There is nothing wrong with that! But if you make an innocent post and get a nasty reply, it is off-putting. But some of the new members I have seen are very friendly and are enjoying themselves

To Sunny:- Thanks for everything and all your kind comments and fun chats in the Chill Zone topic, which I hope gets unlocked, when calm has returned and rage and arguments are thrown out the window. Nobody would want to wear my slippers right now I think I need new ones

nodisharmony
Old 07-05-2007, 04:17 PM #17

Quote:
Originally posted by nodisharmony

To Z:- I don't agree with this "Team Playground" stuff. I also don't agree with this "Two-board divide" suggestion either. People have to learn to get on and that's that. If you don't like a member, then all anyone needs to do is "Blank" them, ignore them. There is no need to start arguments with people you don't like. If they start on you, then you have protection from Admins & Mods who sort this out. But the suggestion of two-boards makes an unnesessary bad situation even worse. Also, "age" & "how long" or "how short" your time here, shouldn't matter. This "Team Playground" comment is offensive to some.

nodisharmony
I totally agree with you on that Nick,I really don't see any use in making even more of an attempt at creating a divide with seperate boards.Would the other sides just post on their dislike for other members, the idea sounds like some little gang of kids going to their own treehouse where they can hide away from others and discuss things as they like, it's a forum for goodness sakes, people comment where they like and that's the great part of it.

I'd either learn to ignore those people who you find you cannot get a word in edgeways and find other topics to start and post in or just post where and when you want without bothering about some silly little groups.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:28 PM #18

A lot of good posters don't post any more on this site, why? Could be several reasons...real life issues, people not finding it as it once was, people moving on, it happens.

Has the place changed so much it not the friendly place it once was? I think forums change all the time and not always for the better but that is something you need to realise people move with the times and things change. I think everyone plays a part in having a friendly forum but some members go looking for trouble which brings it down.

Why have the members lost respect for each other? Hmm I think alot/most of members here do respect each other but as one arguement happens if it isn't fully resolved then it gets brought back up down the line and gets out of control. People take things far to personally and seriously at times.

Where did all the fun go? I think it can still be fun at times but it seems that people are scared to post things because they might be taken the wrong way. Things which can be deeply debated usually end up with the thread being shut simply because people cannot understand a different view from their own.

What happened to good debate? I think at times it still happens but equally as much doesn't happen because some people cannot understand another persons views and thoughts...rather than trying to understand how someone elses views it it is easier for them to argue than debate a logical reasoning for what they think.

Are we going to have house mates chosen as favorites by members and then not be allowed to discuss there negative traits? I hope not.

Can the place be as exciting and alive as it was before or are we stuck with the site as it is now? I think a site or forum is exactly what you make it yourself. If you are unhappy or not enjoying some parts of it then you don't have to stay. Places change over time and you have to learn to move with it and not be stuck in the past.

Are new members going to be welcomed and respected by the old members or are they going to be shot down in flames and told where to go?I think it depends on if the old and new member can debate happily or either side wishes to cause arguements. If new members share great debates and thoughts then they will be welcomed...if they start arguing at every given chance then eyebrows will be raised lol. Respect works both ways for current members and new members.

I think there will be many great debates but equally as many arguements...if members took the stance that they would "ignore" and "rise above" members who cause trouble and NOT bump the thread up...the great debates will always be near the top and the arguements at the bottom. If people see something they think is wrong they should report it then move onto a decent thread rather than getting mixed up in all the arguements. I think this big brother will be the same as any other one before...won't be perfect and trouble free but nothing ever is.
GlitterEyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:54 PM #19
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_
Quote:
Originally posted by nodisharmony

nodisharmony
I totally agree with you on that Nick,I really don't see any use in making even more of an attempt at creating a divide with seperate boards.Would the other sides just post on their dislike for other members, the idea sounds like some little gang of kids going to their own treehouse where they can hide away from others and discuss things as they like, it's a forum for goodness sakes, people comment where they like and that's the great part of it.

I'd either learn to ignore those people who you find you cannot get a word in edgeways and find other topics to start and post in or just post where and when you want without bothering about some silly little groups.

I don't agree with it either, nodisharmony, but people have not learned to get on, this has been a longrunning problem which has lasted for, I'd estimate, coming up for a year. I'm not starting any arguments actually, I was referring to the forum as a whole. Surely you've seen lots of members being banned and the like? That never used to happen, in fact I clearly remember being shocked when guttridge was banned, now it seems to be the norm to get a warning. The thing is, relying on the Admins and Moderators is what they are there for, but they shouldn't be having to give people warnings and bans all the time. Things have to get worse before they can get better, I'm sure you know the quote I'm getting at (I can't remember it. You know, you have to hit rock bottom before you can get better.) I'm not saying the length of time somebody's been registered should matter either, but at the moment it does, everybody's going on about post counts and registration dates as a defense.

Dan: There's already a divide. People are sick and tired of eachother, nobody is going to suddenly start getting along because the parties involved are all decided on what they think of other users. It's not going to change; perhaps the atmosphere can be calmed but people are still going to dislike eachother.

"Would the other sides just post on their dislike for other members, the idea sounds like some little gang of kids going to their own treehouse where they can hide away from others and discuss things as they like, it's a forum for goodness sakes, people comment where they like and that's the great part of it."

Just to address this point separately, well, I'd fully expect those topics to be discouraged. Moderators can still control everywhere, it's just the regular members who can't access one board. I'm not quite sure what the problem is with that idea, it's not like anybody's exclusively being excluded, you can access one board but not the other. Makes logical sense to join the board where your friends are. And hopefully, as time passes, the grudges will fade.

I'm not quite sure what you want me to say about the treehouse comment, because that's exactly what it's meant to be like. Only nowhere near as sinister as you're making it sound. I agree, on a regular forum the great part of being a member is being able to post everywhere. But on this forum, far too many people despise eachother.

"I'd either learn to ignore those people who you find you cannot get a word in edgeways and find other topics to start and post in or just post where and when you want without bothering about some silly little groups. "

It's impossible not to be bothered, I was added into a conversation on MSN yesterday where I was effectively given 18 pages worth of abuse. I do not appreciate that kind of virtual "bullying" <-- I wasn't offended by it, I was offended that people feel that they can get away with it. MSN is outside of control, but it's not like I particularly want to get told I'm "full of myself" is it?
Old 07-05-2007, 06:10 PM #20
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Quote:
Originally posted by Z
Surely you've seen lots of members being banned and the like? That never used to happen, in fact I clearly remember being shocked when guttridge was banned, now it seems to be the norm to get a warning. The thing is, relying on the Admins and Moderators is what they are there for, but they shouldn't be having to give people warnings and bans all the time.
I felt compelled to jump in here. One of my good friends SMC was banned permanently for doing a whole lot less than Sophie, Markus and Chrizzle have done recently.

I have asked for him to be un-banned countless times with no success. Now it seems that you have to do a whole lot more before you get permanently banned from TiBB.

Maybe that's why there's a lack of respect for the forum rules.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:14 PM #21

Quote:
Originally posted by Z
Dan: There's already a divide. People are sick and tired of eachother, nobody is going to suddenly start getting along because the parties involved are all decided on what they think of other users. It's not going to change; perhaps the atmosphere can be calmed but people are still going to dislike eachother.

"Would the other sides just post on their dislike for other members, the idea sounds like some little gang of kids going to their own treehouse where they can hide away from others and discuss things as they like, it's a forum for goodness sakes, people comment where they like and that's the great part of it."

Just to address this point separately, well, I'd fully expect those topics to be discouraged. Moderators can still control everywhere, it's just the regular members who can't access one board. I'm not quite sure what the problem is with that idea, it's not like anybody's exclusively being excluded, you can access one board but not the other. Makes logical sense to join the board where your friends are. And hopefully, as time passes, the grudges will fade.

I'm not quite sure what you want me to say about the treehouse comment, because that's exactly what it's meant to be like. Only nowhere near as sinister as you're making it sound. I agree, on a regular forum the great part of being a member is being able to post everywhere. But on this forum, far too many people despise eachother.

"I'd either learn to ignore those people who you find you cannot get a word in edgeways and find other topics to start and post in or just post where and when you want without bothering about some silly little groups. "

It's impossible not to be bothered, I was added into a conversation on MSN yesterday where I was effectively given 18 pages worth of abuse. I do not appreciate that kind of virtual "bullying" <-- I wasn't offended by it, I was offended that people feel that they can get away with it. MSN is outside of control, but it's not like I particularly want to get told I'm "full of myself" is it?
Well those people involved perhaps need to learn that you cannot get on with everyone and if they carry on insulting people in every other topic just because they don't agree with others, then they will get banned.The rate it is going it will end in that and they will have learnt the hard way.

I just do not see seperate boards as the right way to go down,it's just not feasable with the forum as it is, especially with BB8 coming up it does not even make for overall great debates as alot of the time those will just go onto a board where they have the same ideas and the same likes and dislikes and it all just becomes fairly tedious.I think it sets a bad example to people who cannot get on a debate in a reasonable manner that they are being accommodated because they cannot control themselves and have to be kept apart to not have arguments.

I really don't condone those who gave you verbal abuse over msn, if people acted in that way to me they would be blocked straight away.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:19 PM #22
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Of course, the good thing about the internet is that when someone is giving you verbal on MSN or whatever, is that you have the option to switch them off. In real life, it's not so easy, but then again, one has to wonder if these people are really like that in real life or if they enjoy hiding behind their screens in virtual gangs.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:20 PM #23
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_
Well those people involved perhaps need to learn that you cannot get on with everyone and if they carry on insulting people in every other topic just because they don't agree with others, then they will get banned.The rate it is going it will end in that and they will have learnt the hard way.

I just do not see seperate boards as the right way to go down,it's just not feasable with the forum as it is, especially with BB8 coming up it does not even make for overall great debates as alot of the time those will just go onto a board where they have the same ideas and the same likes and dislikes and it all just becomes fairly tedious.I think it sets a bad example to people who cannot get on a debate in a reasonable manner that they are being accommodated because they cannot control themselves and have to be kept apart to not have arguments.

I really don't condone those who gave you verbal abuse over msn, if people acted in that way to me they would be blocked straight away.

Well, that's fair enough.

And the people (read: person) who gave me verbal abuse had already blocked me, but asked another user to add me into a conversation with them. And then they gave me abuse. There was therefore, absolutely no point to the conversation at all.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:23 PM #24
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Quote:
Originally posted by Z
And the people (read: person) who gave me verbal abuse had already blocked me, but asked another user to add me into a conversation with them. And then they gave me abuse. There was therefore, absolutely no point to the conversation at all.
The thing is Z, you have to feel sorry for the people/person who did that though. I think it's incredibly tragic for someone to behave that way on the internet.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:50 PM #25

BB8 hasn't started... im sure more will come back when it airs.

Well i havnt been here long... and i think everyone is great...

I dont think members have lost respect for each other.... people can like or dislike whoever they want. I dont think it is right to say peoples names when insulting them because i think it is mean and humiliating..... and that is basically showing lack of respect for them as a person!!!!!!

The fun is still here. you have to make your own fun.

Debates are still here.

Yer this stuff happens.. get over it its just when people get prevoked and people have arguments but its no biggy.

Huh? what does that mean?

noooo it can be awesome.

If the new members are nice. I hate the ones who cause trouble.

Wooh .
Emilee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
10, questions