Notices

CBB21 Celebrity Big Brother January 2018 [CBB 21] (dubbed Year of the Women). Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Courtney Act - here.

View Poll Results: Thoughts?
Vile, homophobic pig, EJECT HIM IMMEDIATELY! 9 16.07%
Vile, homophobic pig, EJECT HIM IMMEDIATELY!
9 16.07%
He’s a dick… 18 32.14%
He’s a dick…
18 32.14%
So disappointed in him, he was a legend back in the day. 5 8.93%
So disappointed in him, he was a legend back in the day.
5 8.93%
I don’t have an opinion. meh 6 10.71%
I don’t have an opinion. meh
6 10.71%
I don’t agree with him, but I see his point and I don’t think he is homophobic. 8 14.29%
I don’t agree with him, but I see his point and I don’t think he is homophobic.
8 14.29%
He’s allowed an opinion guys, calm down! 12 21.43%
He’s allowed an opinion guys, calm down!
12 21.43%
Anyone complaining needs to have a check on themselves! 6 10.71%
Anyone complaining needs to have a check on themselves!
6 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-01-2018, 07:48 PM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
It's hypocritical because people like Jim Davidson won CBB and he's a vile sack of vomit who's offensive to everyone .

I'm not saying everyone one liked Davidson,but it's just messed up .
And I bet if Shane J made a comment about Ashley & Ginuwine and their heterosexual behavior , people would laugh it off .

Shane J gets away with sexual vulgar talk as well.

Ann has different views but she's still popular,and didn't Daniel make a joke slur to the girls?? .

I just get fed up when people throw insults around like"homophobic" & "transphobic" , this is why everyone is soo PC to the point where they walk on eggshells.

India got more patience be than she deserved yet Ginuwine & Andrew still got accused of being "transphobic" .

Why don't people Google homophobia and the word hate to understand what it actually means. the hm's wouldn't of given India the time of day if they were prejudice and if John or anyone was discriminating Shane J I'm pretty sure we'd know about it .

Everyone has different views and come from different backgrounds but they can still be friends.

Fight the real fight ,and stop nit picking something a masculine bloke has said when all the typical lads in there have probably said stuff .
Conditioning in early life is hard to overcome especially when you have the Pc brigade snapping at every imagined slight even if it wasn't meant that way.

Those not brought up in this culture or thinking have little or no understanding how intrinsic it was to follow the strict line or else, in their younger days.

So, not everyone is this way, well maybe they were brought up more liberally or are better educated, it is, as I said early conditioning.

No one has to like or agree with anyone else but some feel that bandying these labels about somehow give them a moral superiority over others. Not in my book, as long as no one oversteps the mark in any way, people's thoughts and views are their own business and for them to deal with, no one else.
poppsywoppsy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 07:54 PM #52

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post
Conditioning in early life is hard to overcome especially when you have the Pc brigade snapping at every imagined slight even if it wasn't meant that way.

Those not brought up in this culture or thinking have little or no understanding how intrinsic it was to follow the strict line or else, in their younger days.

So, not everyone is this way, well maybe they were brought up more liberally or are better educated, it is, as I said early conditioning.

No one has to like or agree with anyone else but some feel that bandying these labels about somehow give them a moral superiority over others. Not in my book, as long as no one oversteps the mark in any way, people's thoughts and views are their own business and for them to deal with, no one else.
Exactly

It's like when people read too much into things and play the race card as well.

By all means call people out if hate and discrimination is there of gender, sexuality , disability & race .

But yeah it feels like people enjoy putting others down who have a difference of opinion to the point where it's like a angry mob .

For e.g I wonder how people would feel if Karl Pilkington was in BB ,he says some funny ignorant things but it's not coming from a malicious place . And some of what he says is funny and people like him.

But he says some silly things which just make us laugh but other stuff we agree on .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 21-01-2018 at 07:55 PM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 08:03 PM #53
Banned

Favourites (more):
CBB21: India Willoughby
BB17: Jayne
Banned

Favourites (more):
CBB21: India Willoughby
BB17: Jayne

Quote:
It's hypocritical because people like Jim Davidson won CBB and he's a vile sack of vomit who's offensive to everyone .

I'm not saying everyone one liked Davidson,but it's just messed up .
And I bet if Shane J made a comment about Ashley & Ginuwine and their heterosexual behavior , people would laugh it off .

Shane J gets away with sexual vulgar talk as well.

Ann has different views but she's still popular,and didn't Daniel make a joke slur to the girls?? .

I just get fed up when people throw insults around like"homophobic" & "transphobic" , this is why everyone is soo PC to the point where they walk on eggshells.

India got more patience than she deserved yet Ginuwine & Andrew still got accused of being "transphobic" .

Why don't people Google homophobia and the word hate to understand what it actually means. the hm's wouldn't of given India the time of day if they were prejudice and if John or anyone was discriminating Shane J I'm pretty sure we'd know about it .

Everyone has different views and come from different backgrounds but they can still be friends.

Fight the real fight ,and stop nit picking something a masculine bloke has said when all the typical lads in there have probably said stuff .
Ok so like I’m p sure a lot of people disagreed with ann’s Take on marriage equality, including myself, and like a lot of people agree Daniel is vile.

Also I absolutely agree people should be tackling actual, horrendous discrimination and what John said isn’t really on the level, but realise we’re here on the big brother forum so me speaking about other, more serious incidents isn’t relevant to the house. I’m tackling what is happening in this show right now.

I also agree with the sentiment that if Shane said something hetrophobic there wouldn’t be a backlash, which does kinda bother me.

I’m just tackling what’s in front of me, right now. The implications of what he said are detrimental to the homosexual community. The fact that such views can be excused because of age, despite the fact the individual is fully aware, bothered me. Especially since I’ve experienced things like this in real life. My very religious grandparents don’t accept my sexuality purely because of it. This mentality is alive and well and has probably caused a lot of pain for people all across the world, and it’s now a mentality that is being broadcasted to the nation via someone who is considered a ‘legend’, who has also been an ambassador for anti discrimination in his profession.
Lilac hills is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 08:06 PM #54
You know my methods

You know my methods

I hope he wasn't talking about the knitting club
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 08:15 PM #55

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac hills View Post
Ok so like I’m p sure a lot of people disagreed with ann’s Take on marriage equality, including myself, and like a lot of people agree Daniel is vile.

Also I absolutely agree people should be tackling actual, horrendous discrimination and what John said isn’t really on the level, but realise we’re here on the big brother forum so me speaking about other, more serious incidents isn’t relevant to the house. I’m tackling what is happening in this show right now.

I also agree with the sentiment that if Shane said something hetrophobic there wouldn’t be a backlash, which does kinda bother me.

I’m just tackling what’s in front of me, right now. The implications of what he said are detrimental to the homosexual community. The fact that such views can be excused because of age, despite the fact the individual is fully aware, bothered me. Especially since I’ve experienced things like this in real life. My very religious grandparents don’t accept my sexuality purely because of it. This mentality is alive and well and has probably caused a lot of pain for people all across the world, and it’s now a mentality that is being broadcasted to the nation via someone who is considered a ‘legend’, who has also been an ambassador for anti discrimination in his profession.
You're still missing the point . Jim Davidson was obnoxious beyond belief yet still won CBB or should he be applauded because he managed to stop himself from using the F word towards gays or N word towards black people?? .

He even made Brian Dowling cried on Hells Kitchen by goading him and referring to gay people as " shirt lifters" .

Tiffany Pollard had a big following and happily kicked out the ukip guy but her own mother has strong views on homosexuality which you'd be upset by .

So there's some inconsistencies .
John wasn't being malicious ,he gets on with most people in the house.

I'm glad you agree with me though on points I've made,and I sort of see where you're coming from but I think people overreact.

Last edited by GoldHeart; 21-01-2018 at 08:30 PM.
Old 21-01-2018, 09:04 PM #56
-

-

Scum, and I say that with no regret...

Scum, scum, scum
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 09:50 PM #57

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
He’s allowed his opinion.
Atleast he opened up a conversation.Always good to try and break down barriers between the straights and the gays.
Shane J was mature about it and Barnsey explained himself well.
This to be honest.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 10:00 PM #58

most of the outrage is from women and young girls, what females need to understand is that football is a masculine sport, and years and years ago gay footballers could not tell there teammates, but in the last 17-18 years, they can with ease, there teammates have never had a problem with it, and gay footballers have returned acceptance in not crossing a line or a boundary in the room, and what john said was fair in what the game was in his time as what the game is now, what people have misread is that he did not say if the footballer is gay then kick him out of the club, what he really said was if a gay footballer crosses the line in the room then kick him out of the club, which is fair and reasonable, and shane know's that John said a very fair thing, if shane said I dress up like a woman to attract straight men, that would make many straight guys feel uncomfortable, and I as a straight bloke, that would make me feel uncomfortable, because it crosses a line, some things should never be forced on people if they don't like it.
empire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 10:25 PM #59
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

I just want to have an opinion without being attacked…

John said that he was brought up to believe that being gay was a bad thing. John was born in 1963. Homosexuality became legal in 1967 I think.

I think that what John meant was that he still has a memory in his head of this perception. In his VT, he said that he was against all forms of discrimination, including homophobia.

I was born in 1992, and I remember being told at primary school by a teacher that “if a boy’s favourite colour is pink, there is something wrong with him” (I would say that this would by around 2000) going home and saying this to my maw and she told me to ignore what she said. I have grown up to be a teaching assistant myself and the kids are taught that love is love, regardless of sexuality. The one thing that grates on me rn is people comparing John Barnes to Winston McKenzie and in some cases saying that Winston is better. That is extreme.

Spoiler:

Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 10:54 PM #60

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew. View Post
I just want to have an opinion without being attacked…

John said that he was brought up to believe that being gay was a bad thing. John was born in 1963. Homosexuality became legal in 1967 I think.

I think that what John meant was that he still has a memory in his head of this perception. In his VT, he said that he was against all forms of discrimination, including homophobia.

I was born in 1992, and I remember being told at primary school by a teacher that “if a boy’s favourite colour is pink, there is something wrong with him” (I would say that this would by around 2000) going home and saying this to my maw and she told me to ignore what she said. I have grown up to be a teaching assistant myself and the kids are taught that love is love, regardless of sexuality. The one thing that grates on me rn is people comparing John Barnes to Winston McKenzie and in some cases saying that Winston is better. That is extreme.

If you look above you'll see I've said my thoughts on the matter.

What you've said might seem trivial about the colour pink but it's funny I actually remember as a kid a new class student joined my school, and we all asked him questions to break the ice and when asked his favorite colour he said "pink" and there was a wave of laughter in class .

And he was definitely embarrassed and I think he changed his mind and picked another colour. There's always been that gender stereotype of girls liking girly pink stuff, and boys liking manly stuff and the colour blue.

That UKIP guy was ignorant beyond belief and he was like another Jim Davidson ,the things he said was stupid and offensive. John is nothing like him , people are warped if they think they can ever compare the 2 .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 21-01-2018 at 10:56 PM.
Old 21-01-2018, 11:25 PM #61
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan
another vice

Favourites (more):

I think he's homophobic but he's trying to hide it because he's on the show
caprimint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 11:27 PM #62

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimint View Post
I think he's homophobic but he's trying to hide it because he's on the show
Okay then surely Amir Khan is as well for all the tweets he's written? .
It can't be 1 rule for 1 and another for your favorite .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 21-01-2018 at 11:28 PM.
Old 21-01-2018, 11:38 PM #63
another vice

Favourites (more):
another vice

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Okay then surely Amir Khan is as well for all the tweets he's written? .
It can't be 1 rule for 1 and another for your favorite .
Why is Amir Khan relevant to this conversation?

I don't care about tweets, I'm judging on what I see
Old 21-01-2018, 11:44 PM #64

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Why is Amir Khan relevant to this conversation?

I don't care about tweets, I'm judging on what I see
John still ISN'T homophobic , well we can all judge everything people do . Maybe Google what it means before throwing that word around. It's easy to jump on the bandwagon.

There's was a witch Hunt mentality when silly tweets from Rebecca Vardy & Amir Khan came out . And I wasn't interested in what they tweeted . But I'm only bringing it up as IT IS relevant if you support him, yet are against John it's still double standards.

Last edited by GoldHeart; 21-01-2018 at 11:45 PM.
Old 21-01-2018, 11:54 PM #65
Shut yer mouth ya PRICK

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
BB19: Sian
Shut yer mouth ya PRICK

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
BB19: Sian

Eject him now

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelindabee View Post
I started declining people if they have a Foren names though as those people I think are contacting me about dating as they want a visa... Lots of people (who can't speak English well) contact me about wanting to be my bf... Then I find out that they actually live in indea or a place like that
thisisdanny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 11:55 PM #66
another vice

Favourites (more):
another vice

Favourites (more):

Quote:
John still ISN'T homophobic , well we can all judge everything people do . Maybe Google what it means before throwing that word around. It's easy to jump on the bandwagon.

There's was a witch Hunt mentality when silly tweets from Rebecca Vardy & Amir Khan came out . And I wasn't interested in what they tweeted . But I'm only bringing it up as IT IS relevant if you support him, yet are against John it's still double standards.
Lol what exactly are you basing that on? If somebody displays what I think has homophobic underlying tendencies then I'll call it out. Just the same as you don't think. It's a difference of opinion, why are you so defensive of him?

I watched Amir on IAC and never did I see any signs of homophobia We're discussing John anyway, there is no need to bring up another person because it is completely irrelevant as much as you're trying to make me look hypocritical or something, it doesn't make John look any better.
Old 22-01-2018, 12:02 AM #67

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Lol what exactly are you basing that on? If somebody displays what I think has homophobic underlying tendencies then I'll call it out. Just the same as you don't think. It's a difference of opinion, why are you so defensive of him?

I watched Amir on IAC and never did I see any signs of homophobia We're discussing John anyway, there is no need to bring up another person because it is completely irrelevant as much as you're trying to make me look hypocritical or something, it doesn't make John look any better.
People cry prejudice too easily, by your logic then surely Ann is homophobic?? And so is Daniel for making a joke slur at the girls?? .

I'm bringing up Amir because it's an example of how the witch Hunt mentality is strong when any thing is found out about a celebrity, or when they have difference of opinion it's used against them.

There's been worst things said in BB history, Katie Hopkins & Jim Davidson are both vile people but still had big followings.

India was given patience and understanding and threw it back in her hm's faces . And enjoyed playing the "trans card' .

I don't agree with you anyway.

Last edited by GoldHeart; 22-01-2018 at 12:05 AM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
barnes, john, night, thoughts