Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB21 Celebrity Big Brother January 2018 [CBB 21] (dubbed Year of the Women). Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Courtney Act - here.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:37 AM #26
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimint View Post
Any of Shane/Courtney's quotes are better than this
Me,me,me,me gets boring after hearing it once
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:39 AM #27
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
How is it?
Courtney is a character, just like someone playing a character in a soap

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:44 AM #28

Favourites (more):
BB15: Helen
CBB 13: Jim Davidson

Favourites (more):
BB15: Helen
CBB 13: Jim Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjustin View Post
This is all any civil rights movement has tried to do over the rears though.

Black Lives Matter.

Stonewall.

Me Too.

None of these group were/are looking for special treatment. They are just drawing attention to the fact that they are not treated equally to everyone else. And if so,W special treatment is required to get everyone to the same level then that is also fair.

And the reason poeple have historically been grouped off (gay people/black people) is because they have been forced to.

Thats complete rubbish, all of the groups you mentioned cause more division and most have no clue of what equality looks like

Amanda won an award at Attitude awards, and in her acceptance speech, said "I long for the day that we dont have to get awards for being gay"

She was right, it should all be about inclusion

The problem with Black Lives Matter, is that they are nearly all young people with no f.cking clue of what it is really like to suffer racism as their parents and grandparents did, but they think its okay to pick up the baton anyway and run with it

The problem with the METoo campaign is that it began because some tramps in Hollywood shagged some fat ugly producers to get jobs, and when those jobs did not propel them to great heights.......they thought they would join the campaign, ask yourself this, how many actual charges have been brought against producers etc, I think the answer is NONE, cause you cant get nicked for asking a bitch to shag you for a job, its NOT against the law, to lie to a woman

The only one I actually feel sorry for is the one who started it all, Rose McGowan, who was brought up in a cult by her thick as **** mother and had an appaling life before she ever got into a room wit the fat slug Weinstein

And ask yourself, how many girls were propositioned like that by producers, directors etc and said "F.ck off mate and stick your job up your ass", I would imagine there were many, but we wont hear about them cause they walked away with their dignity intact

Shane J's problem, however, is much more simple, he is a self obsessed c..t
and I really hope he, not only goes first, but falls going down the stairs and breaks something other than his shoes!
Old 01-02-2018, 10:46 AM #29
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda123 View Post
Thats complete rubbish, all of the groups you mentioned cause more division and most have no clue of what equality looks like

Amanda won an award at Attitude awards, and in her acceptance speech, said "I long for the day that we dont have to get awards for being gay"

The problem with Black Lives Matter, is that they are nearly all young people with no f.cking clue of what it is really like to suffer racism as their parents and grandparents did, but they think its okay to pick up the baton anyway and run with it

The problem with the METoo campaign is that it began because some tramps in Hollywood shagged some fat ugly producers to get jobs, and when those jobs did not propel them to great heights.......they thought they would join the campaign, ask yourself this, how many actual charges have been brought against producers etc, I think the answer is NONE, cause you cant get nicked for asking a bitch to shag you for a job, its NOT against the law, to lie to a woman

The only one I actually feel sorry for is the one who started it all, Rose McGowan, who was brought up in a cult by her thick as **** mother and had an appaling life before she ever got into a room wit the fat slug Weinstein

And ask yourself, how many girls were propositioned like that by producers, directors etc and said "F.ck off mate and stick your job up your ass", I would imagine there were many, but we wont hear about them cause they walked away with their dignity intact

and I really hope he, not only goes first, but falls going down the stairs and breaks something other than his shoes!

Excellent post as usual
Old 01-02-2018, 10:58 AM #30
Banned

Favourites (more):
CBB21: India Willoughby
CBBUSA: Omarosa Manigault
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda123 View Post

Fantastic post
Marches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:03 AM #31
Banned

Banned

The fact that people are more upset about these civil rights groups being loud about their cause rather than the inequality that is causing them to stand up and make themselves known in the first place says it all really.

A lot of the 'oh we don't need labels, we don't need this/that' mentality that comes from people who aren't part of the demographic protesting is simply just another way of saying 'you need to be quiet, we like the status quo'.

Last edited by Tom4784; 01-02-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:06 AM #32
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

I am part of the demographic and labels and being loud about things at this stage of let’s say gay rights is counter productive
Old 01-02-2018, 11:09 AM #33
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marches View Post
I am part of the demographic and labels and being loud about things at this stage of let’s say gay rights is counter productive
Of course it isn't, the only people that being loud offends are the people who will never accept that there's a problem because they either take issues with whomever or they like the status quo as it is.

People should not be silent on what troubles them just because someone who will never understand doesn't want to hear.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:11 AM #34
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

But it’s not troubling Shane Jenek nobody in that house is discriminating against him
Old 01-02-2018, 11:11 AM #35
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
The fact that people are more upset about these civil rights groups being loud about their cause rather than the inequality that is causing them to stand up and make themselves known in the first place says it all really.

A lot of the 'oh we don't need labels, we don't need this/that' mentality that comes from people who aren't part of the demographic protesting is simply just another way of saying 'you need to be quiet, we like the status quo'.
i don't see it that way at all. I see it as everyone is an individual and should be afforded the same respect whomever they are. Discrimination is a big deal, prejudice is a big deal, but we have to get past special categorization, to genuinely treat everyone equally.

Last edited by bitontheslide; 01-02-2018 at 11:13 AM.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:11 AM #36
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sue- View Post
someone needs to send Ann that memo calling Shane /courtney a 'chav'
Indeed I agree.

That will be overlooked however.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:14 AM #37
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

We’ve got equal rights now it’s time to normalise being gay. Yelling about it doesn’t help it ostracises themselves and their community
Old 01-02-2018, 11:17 AM #38
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i don't see it that way at all. I see it as everyone is an individual and should be afforded the same respect whomever they are. Discrimination is a big deal, prejudice is a big deal, but we have to get passed special categorization, to genuinely treat everyone equally.
But that's never going to be the case because people aren't equal, it's just expecting everyone that's not the majority to be happy with their lot when they don't get the same quality of life for societal reasons.

I despise this attitude of 'oh well, things will never be equal while the gays/black people etc have pride/black history month/ special circumstances that don't balance out the scales in the slightest but offends people in the majority nonetheless!' You can't expect someone who is not on an equal playing field to give up what they have just for the smallest possibility of equality. Improve those situations to a point that these things aren't needed any more but don't ask people to give up things on a vague maybe.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:18 AM #39
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Homosexuality isn’t a disability why does everyone itt keep speaking like it is lol,we have equal rights
Old 01-02-2018, 11:21 AM #40
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Courtney is a character, just like someone playing a character in a soap
Completely untrue and shows how little you understand.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:40 AM #41

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You genuinely believe Courtney is a separate person to Shane?

Seriously? You need to look into that thinking.
Paula D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:44 AM #42
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula D View Post
You genuinely believe Courtney is a separate person to Shane?

Seriously? You need to look into that thinking.
Of course not and that is the point. Shane IS Courtney.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:46 AM #43
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
so you don't think he is putting on an act, a performance if you will ..... little clue .... its in the name
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:49 AM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Precisely, Shane is a character dressed up as Courtney, what do you not understand about that?

Courtney as a person does NOT exist.
Paula D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:19 PM #45
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):

Quote:

You are missing the point

It's about how best to liberate ourselves from a dangerous mentality that judges people not as individuals - but according to their 'type'.
We have to move away from 'group-think' and embrace individualism.
As individuals we stand equal
But once you start segregating people into groups and then judging them according to your social barometer, then we are in trouble. That's how racism works.

Of course we all agree that the KKK and misogynist attitudes are wrong for how they demonise innocent people according to their race or gender.
But Black Lives Matter and the #MeToo movement - also do the same thing: judge people according to race and gender!
It's just the same mentality in reverse!

Innocent white people are demonised by BLM, and innocent men are demonised by #MeToo

TRUE that racists and misogynists started this racial/gender divide - but we have to be SO careful not to perpetuate it by doing the EXACT same thing and demonising innocent INDIVIDUALS out of some kind of 'social revenge'.

Crimes against blacks or women were not committed by ALL whites or ALL men - so why demonise the whole genre?

It's like blaming ALL MUSLIMS for the attacks by ISIS!

Crimes were committed by INDIVIDUALS and those people must be held to account.
Don't blame their whole race/gender or religion!

Last edited by Robodog; 01-02-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:27 PM #46
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Of course Courtney is a character in an act, making Shane an actor
Old 01-02-2018, 12:27 PM #47
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula D View Post
Precisely, Shane is a character dressed up as Courtney, what do you not understand about that?

Courtney as a person does NOT exist.
Exactly
Old 01-02-2018, 12:35 PM #48
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodog View Post
You are missing the point

It's about how best to liberate ourselves from a society that judges people according to 'type'.
The only way to do that is to embrace our own - and each others - individuality.
As individuals we stand equal
But once you start segregating people into groups and then judging them according to your social barometer, then we are in trouble. That's how racism works.

Of course we all agree that the KKK and misogynist attitudes are wrong for how they demonise innocent people according to their race or gender.
But Black Lives Matter and the #MeToo - however well meaning they are - also do the same thing: judge people according to race and gender!
It's just the same mentality in reverse!

Innocent white people are demonised by BLM, and innocent men are demonised by #MeToo

TRUE that racists and misogynists started this racial/gender divide - but we have to be SO careful not to perpetuate it by doing the EXACT same thing and demonising innocent INDIVIDUALS out of some kind of 'social revenge'.

Crimes against blacks or women were not committed by ALL whites or ALL men - so why demonise the whole genre?

It's like blaming ALL MUSLIMS for the attacks by ISIS!

Crimes were committed by INDIVIDUALS and those people must be held to account.
Don't blame their whole race/gender or religion!

Very little of that has anything to do with what I'm saying, in fact your first few paragraphs enforces it. Too many people pretend to fly the flag of equality just to quieten down dissenting voices while having no interest in actually working towards that equality.

The whole 'innocent men and innocent white people' being victimised by Metoo and BLM made me roll my eyes in a way that Ann would have stood up and clapped for. BLM isn't against all white people, it isn't even against white people, it's against police brutality, it was formed in response to a string of unjustified murders committed by the police against black people. If you look at BLM and think that they are against white people then you are missing the point.

Same for Metoo, it's not an attack on men, it's an attack on anyone that sexually abuses, assaults or harasses others. If you see the movement as an attack on 'innocent men' then you've missed the point again.

You've not really given me any reason to believe that you aren't just another person that wants to shut up voices they don't want to hear.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:49 PM #49
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):

Quote:

1. If you look at BLM and think that they are against white people then you are missing the point.

2. If you see the movement as an attack on 'innocent men' then you've missed the point again.

3, You've not really given me any reason to believe that you aren't just another person that wants to shut up voices they don't want to hear.
1. Here are BLM's demands for white people

https://www.leoweekly.com/2017/08/white-people/

2. Women denouncing metoo and it's negative effects on men and women

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/10/cather...etter-7218327/

3. Give me an example of when i wanted to shut anyone up!

I'm discussing constructive ways to evolve beyond the corrosive and divisive mentality of social stereotypes.

I'm denouncing racism, misogyny and religious bigotry and saying how we must be careful not to perpetuate it further.

I'm discussing equality in a meaningful way by embracing us as individuals - not as groups!

It's all there in my posts.

Can't see how you can miss all that unless

a) you haven't read my posts properly or
b) you are deliberately ignoring it

Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:56 PM #50
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodog View Post
1. Here are BLM's demands for white people

https://www.leoweekly.com/2017/08/white-people/

2. Women denouncing metoo and it's negative effects on men and women

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/10/cather...etter-7218327/

3. Give me an example of when i wanted to shut anyone up!

I'm discussing constructive ways to evolve beyond the corrosive and divisive mentality of social stereotypes.

I'm denouncing racism, misogyny and religious bigotry and saying how we must be careful not to perpetuate it further.

I'm discussing equality in a meaningful way by embracing us as individuals - not as groups!

It's all there in my posts.

Can't see how you can miss all that unless

a) you haven't read my posts properly or
b) you are deliberately ignoring it

One person doesn't speak for a movement.

A voice damning a movement doesn't rob it of it's validity either.

As for your final point, it's called reading between the lines. You say you want equality but your criticism of these groups and the fact that you're justifying your dislike through both a warped understanding of their goals and presenting singular people as evidence of your claims speaks louder.

The fact that you are suggesting civil rights group help perpetuate these issues further than if they were silent says it all. It's that silence you're after.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
amanda, series