Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB21 Celebrity Big Brother January 2018 [CBB 21] (dubbed Year of the Women). Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Courtney Act - here.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:29 AM #51
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..yeah of course, she’s allowed her views which aren’t perhaps thought of as ‘fashionable’ but I think for me personally, views arent something that would follow a fashion/trend anyway...our views are things we carry through life and they can change, they’re not a fixed or a rigid thing...they’re changeable with our experiences etc, as well as the experiences of others we may know..and those things touch our lives as well, which then can often make us re-assess our views...as Jamie said, the indication I got from Ann in the house and then with her interview is that her views are formed, all boxed up and that she’s not open to anything that would go against those views, those views are all done and dusted.. so has basically stopped absorbing and learning/staying open and interested with some areas...I think that’s why Emma pushed it a bit and repeated..because what (..it felt to me..)...of the things she had ‘learned’ in the house and with the experience of being with so many different characters etc...were things like, oh I’ve had to get used to swearing and that house needed a swear
are box..or I become a Spice Girl, or they can all become a little rowdy at time...anyways, I can’t recall the specifics but ..there was no, well I lived with a transsexual, a gay drag queen, a lesbian, a model ...which I think Jess is but I’m not sure...and I learned about that 14yr old boy from Shane J and I hadn’t thought of some views from that perspective before...I just think Emma persisted and repeated because that’s maybe more how she was hoping the interview would be...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 11:34 AM #52
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..yeah of course, she’s allowed her views which aren’t perhaps thought of as ‘fashionable’ but I think for me personally, views arent something that would follow a fashion/trend anyway...our views are things we carry through life and they can change, they’re not a fixed or a rigid thing...they’re changeable with our experiences etc, as well as the experiences of others we may know..and those things touch our lives as well, which then can often make us re-assess our views...as Jamie said, the indication I got from Ann in the house and then with her interview is that her views are formed, all boxed up and that she’s not open to anything that would go against those views, those views are all done and dusted.. so has basically stopped absorbing and learning/staying open and interested with some areas...I think that’s why Emma pushed it a bit and repeated..because what (..it felt to me..)...of the things she had ‘learned’ in the house and with the experience of being with so many different characters etc...were things like, oh I’ve had to get used to swearing and that house needed a swear
are box..or I become a Spice Girl, or they can all become a little rowdy at time...anyways, I can’t recall the specifics but ..there was no, well I lived with a transsexual, a gay drag queen, a lesbian, a model ...which I think Jess is but I’m not sure...and I learned about that 14yr old boy from Shane J and I hadn’t thought of some views from that perspective before...I just think Emma persisted and repeated because that’s maybe more how she was hoping the interview would be...
To be fair to Ann, what she actually said was that her views had been formed over years and that they were unlikely to be changed by a couple of conversations. I thought she made herself very clear, and most of us would respond the same if we had a detailed knowledge on a particular topic.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 11:37 AM #53
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
She said as well that she'd reasoned herself into forming her views over a number of years which was interesting, I think it goes to show that they aren't as dictated by her religion as often gets suggested.
That's ten times worse in my book. If she was a bigot just because of her take on religious teaching, that's one thing, but if she reasoned and arrived at such antiquated opinions, well that says it all about her. Narrow-minded bigot.
Now on the way back to Dartmoor to roam as one of Britain's remaining dinosaurs.
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 11:38 AM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
That's funny to you? After I've read your posts full of how we should all be accepting?

THIS is what spoilt CBB for me.
It was a cringeworthy moment and yes there is some dark humour in the misunderstanding/the situation happening... not the actual death of the cats, sheesh. What exactly is it that I'm not being accepting of/that you're accusing me of here Livia?

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 11:40 AM #55
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
It was a cringeworthy moment and yes there is some dark humour in the misunderstanding/the situation happening... not the actual death of the cats, sheesh. What exactly is it that I'm not being accepting of/that you're accusing me of here Livia?
An old woman, probably quite close to her cats, loses them..... While Emma's drilling home about how Ann's alone... bring up the cats. Stupid, unprofessional and actually quite cruel.

And you found it funny.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 11:49 AM #56

Quote:
An old woman, probably quite close to her cats, loses them..... While Emma's drilling home about how Ann's alone... bring up the cats. Stupid, unprofessional and actually quite cruel.

And you found it funny.
Oh it was a misunderstanding Livia and yes sometimes I think humour can be dark and a situation can be humurous even if the subject matter isn't... I can't beleive I'm explaining dark humour.

I'll ask again, rather than just pointing out the situation and the fact I found humour in it, what is it that I'm not accepting of?

Old 03-02-2018, 11:51 AM #57
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Oh it was a misunderstanding Livia and yes sometimes I think humour can be dark and a situation can be humurous even if the subject matter isn't... I can't beleive I'm explaining dark humour.

I'll ask again, rather than just pointing out the situation and the fact I found humour in it, what is it that I'm not accepting of?
You don't understand dark humour, so how could you explain it to me??

You've called Ann a Snowflake on another thread, because her cats died and Emma was stupid enough to bring it up.

I really don't want to talk to you anymore today.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 11:54 AM #58

Quote:

You've called Ann a Snowflake on another thread, because her cats died and Emma was stupid enough to bring it up.

What?? No I haven't

Still not sure how I'm not accepting or how I've provided an example of what has ruined the series for you. Honestly Livia I think you've just lept on an opportunity to try and paint me as a hypocrite, since I've been vocal on the 'acceptance' side of things this series and maybe that would help prove whatever point it is you're trying to make (less vagueness would help on that front), so yes I'm fine with this conversation ending if you're not happy to explain what it is you meant.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:56 AM #59
-

-

Quote:

That was Luke..
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:15 PM #60

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

You know I wrote a post yesterday congratulating Shane fans. No responses on that thread.

I have to say I find the nastiness, misogyny and the humour about what is rather a sad old age, alone, dead pets really disappointing on this thread. Can you take that somewhere else please?

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 03-02-2018 at 12:16 PM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:21 PM #61
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:

God, what an overreaction.

Don't worry Jamie, I know that it was an instance of dark humour and anyone else would realise you weren't laughing at the death of her cats.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:22 PM #62
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
To be fair to Ann, what she actually said was that her views had been formed over years and that they were unlikely to be changed by a couple of conversations. I thought she made herself very clear, and most of us would respond the same if we had a detailed knowledge on a particular topic.
...thing is though, sometimes it can only take one conversation or one small thing even, to set those thoughts in motion and feel hmmm....those undiscovered thoughts that can create reassessments in our views...I agree, that if ‘years’ were an essential for a ‘forming’ to be fixed, then that would obviously be something to be considered as well...but that time is really not an essential at all.../...for me, either in the house or in her interview, with some beliefs and some views..Ann hasn’t given any indication of any openness to her ‘forming’...any possible changeability about it...
Old 03-02-2018, 12:24 PM #63
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
You know I wrote a post yesterday congratulating Shane fans. No responses on that thread.

I have to say I find the nastiness, misogyny and the humour about what is rather a sad old age, alone, dead pets really disappointing on this thread. Can you take that somewhere else please?
...thank you, Jaxie......I hadn’t actually seen the thread but that was very..(..typically..)...thoughtful of you..
Old 03-02-2018, 12:26 PM #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post

God, what an overreaction.

Don't worry Jamie, I know that it was an instance of dark humour and anyone else would realise you weren't laughing at the death of her cats.
Thanks Jack. I'll think more carefully next time I dare to describe something as awkward and use a laughing smiley (oops)

Old 03-02-2018, 12:32 PM #65

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Yes..i did in the fan thread too....not even a thank you.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:34 PM #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...thing is though, sometimes it can only take one conversation or one small thing even, to set those thoughts in motion and feel hmmm....those undiscovered thoughts that can create reassessments in our views...I agree, that if ‘years’ were an essential for a ‘forming’ to be fixed, then that would obviously be something to be considered as well...but that time is really not an essential at all.../...for me, either in the house or in her interview, with some beliefs and some views..Ann hasn’t given any indication of any openness to her ‘forming’...any possible changeability about it...
Why do you think that is?

Reasoned discussions may one day have an impact.

Banging it into ones head with a sledgehammer will have the opposite

Trying to make someone say something so they become vilified won't change them.

Ganging up on them won't change them

Huddling in groups badmouthing them won't change them.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:44 PM #67
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Yes..i did in the fan thread too....not even a thank you.
such sensitivity... admirable and may it continue

I saw your post, but can't find jaxie's.

Didn't know it was de rigeur to offer thanks I'm a newbie so forgive me for not knowing the protocol.
But if it is, then may I be so bold as to offer a thank you for your congratulations on behalf of all ShaneJ/Courtney supporters.

I guess we've been too busy celebrating and defending our winner on variety of made up charges from looking like a dogs dinner to having a sinister agenda.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:49 PM #68

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post

Didn't know it was de rigeur to offer thanks I'm a newbie so forgive me for not knowing the protocol.
But if it is, then may I be so bold as to offer a thank you for your congratulations on behalf of all ShaneJ/Courtney supporters.

I guess we've been too busy celebrating and defending our winner on variety of made up charges from looking like a dogs dinner to having a sinister agenda.
I accept your thank you...cause i ignore sarcasm...but please, please tell me you didnt think shane looked anything else but that of what dogs dine on.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:04 PM #69
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
I accept your thank you...cause i ignore sarcasm...but please, please tell me you didnt think shane looked anything else but that of what dogs dine on.
and I will answer...cause I ignore sarcasm too...

I didn't like the ponytail do, but I liked the outfit even though it wasn't very practical
the bottom line is Shane J always makes a stunning looking woman, which is impressive because as a boy, while not ugly, he is not a stunner
Old 03-02-2018, 01:08 PM #70

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
and I will answer...cause I ignore sarcasm too...

I didn't like the ponytail do, but I liked the outfit even though it wasn't very practical
the bottom line is Shane J always makes a stunning looking woman, which is impressive because as a boy, while not ugly, he is not a stunner
He isnt my type at all...cause he looks nothing like a woman.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:17 PM #71

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:

I wasn't asking for thanks. But it's always nice to get in return the courtesy you offer. I wouldn't say there was defending rather than gloating going on.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
Old 03-02-2018, 01:27 PM #72
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
I wasn't asking for thanks. But it's always nice to get in return the courtesy you offer. I wouldn't say there was defending rather than gloating going on.
where is that post of yours? I can't find it
Old 03-02-2018, 01:51 PM #73
0_o

0_o

Quote:
She said as well that she'd reasoned herself into forming her views over a number of years which was interesting, I think it goes to show that they aren't as dictated by her religion as often gets suggested.
Yes, I picked up on this too actually. I had assumed that her views were as they were mainly for religious reasons, but clearly not if they have been shaped over her years rather than being...fixed by religion. If I have put that right.

Emmas interviewing was all over the place I reckon last night. Especially with both Ann and Shane. Trying to force Ann into saying stuff (and getting shut down...and apparently Ann is wrong for that?!) and bringing up her dead cats..and then making Shanes interview entirely about ****ing Andrew when there were so many interesting things she could have asked..well it was a bit of a car crash tbh. I know she probably doesn't actually write the interviews, but whoever does needs to be sacked. It was dreadful.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:49 PM #74
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Ann is who she is and she's not changing for anyone , and even if you don't agree with her atleast you know she won't turn into Dr Jekyll and mr hyde like some hm's . And you know where you stand with her.
Good point. Shane was whoever was best suited to the occasion to get the most benefit for him. He is a wannabe.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:03 PM #75

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
where is that post of yours? I can't find it
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...321&highlight=

You can find all posts by clicking a persons name and looking for more posts by them.

― Richard Dawkins

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
allowed, ann, fashionable, view, widdecombe