Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 05-02-2018, 04:38 AM #1
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Default German Women Rise Up (#120db movement)

I'm surprised this isn't already in SD.

Quote:
German women are finally speaking up and their weapon is a new hashtag, #120dB. Just yesterday the project was launched on Twitter by @BeritFranziska and it’s already taking off. #120dB is a revolutionary project in which German women expose migrant violence, rapes, and links to terrorism.

During the video, the girls featured denounce the current state of Europe which is the direct consequence of years of betrayal from our governments. The girls use the terrible story of the abuses of Rotherham as an example of what European women have to endure while our politicians preach for tolerance and multiculturalism.

The video tells the story of the everyday woman who is scared of walking alone in a park, scared of jogging alone and always carrying pepper spray and wearing anti-rape pants (yes they are a thing sadly). These women deserve and must be protected, closing our borders is the first solution, as suggested in the video.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:14 AM #2

very controversial.
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:24 AM #3
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...hmmm, this seems to be about two things...?...I thought it was about #metoo...but it seems to be ‘anti immigration as well’...obviously there has to be much control in immigration as a general because of some awful individuals who may be entering countries etc...but ‘controlling’ and ‘anti’ aren’t really the same thing..so the ‘message’ for me, feels a little hazy in that vid...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:24 AM #4
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...that’s probably just me though...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:29 AM #5
-

-

It's not just you Ammi, the idea is that they have to be extra vigilant against rape and assault because of immigration, and they are campaigning to close the borders to make women safer. Basically.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:33 AM #6

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

I don't know as it's anti immigration so much as trying to highlight a cultural/religious problem that people on the whole don't want to talk about. Or when it does come up are inclined to shout it down. Which probably leads to anti immigration feeling as a result, rather than it being the cause if that makes sense. It is a fact that there are 'beliefs' that promote women as inferior and objects to men. Unless it is addressed in society through education it will only get worse. It's kind of sad that women feel so threatened and not listened to that they feel they have to speak out with movements.

I forget who it was now, one of the Nordic countries I think (Norway/Sweden?) had an interesting idea that male migrants had to take classes about the culture and society and behaviour towards women as part of the process of immigration. There was a documentary about it a while back. They discussed things like a woman not being a prostitute just because she was wearing a short skirt (something they might not have seen where they came from). I don't know if it's making a difference but it seemed a good route to try to integrate people into new cultures.

The problem does seem to persist through generations though, as witnessed in Rotherham.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 05-02-2018 at 08:52 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:33 AM #7
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

It's not so much about completely closing the borders - I doubt Germans care too much about immigration from Canada, Japan, or Australia. It's about migration from cultures too far removed from our own, when it comes to how to behave with women.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:07 AM #8
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

I don't think I'm breaking a confidence to say I've been talking with Vicky about what's happening in this country with women only safe spaces. This is massive news for women in the UK, and it's being pushed through without anyone highlighting what's going on. I didn't know about it until Vicky enlightened me. I feel like women are sleepwalking backwards.

I support the women in this article. But what will happen is that people will immediately see it as discriminating against someone other than the women.

John Lennon said "Woman is the ni**er of the world". And he was right.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:36 PM #9
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I don't know as it's anti immigration so much as trying to highlight a cultural/religious problem that people on the whole don't want to talk about. Or when it does come up are inclined to shout it down. Which probably leads to anti immigration feeling as a result, rather than it being the cause if that makes sense. It is a fact that there are 'beliefs' that promote women as inferior and objects to men. Unless it is addressed in society through education it will only get worse. It's kind of sad that women feel so threatened and not listened to that they feel they have to speak out with movements.

I forget who it was now, one of the Nordic countries I think (Norway/Sweden?) had an interesting idea that male migrants had to take classes about the culture and society and behaviour towards women as part of the process of immigration. There was a documentary about it a while back. They discussed things like a woman not being a prostitute just because she was wearing a short skirt (something they might not have seen where they came from). I don't know if it's making a difference but it seemed a good route to try to integrate people into new cultures.

The problem does seem to persist through generations though, as witnessed in Rotherham.
And European women are becoming guinea-pigs - test-subjects and the outcome is not guaranteed. I believe growing-up with such attitudes is too ingrained and almost impossible to change. What is that expression - ‘if you show me the boy I will show you the man’. I think it is too late once they reach a certain point. And it’s women who often pay the price.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:25 PM #10
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

The website and many of the interviews are in German, so if someone can translate for us what their exact positions are, that would be helpful...

Last edited by Maru; 05-02-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:37 PM #11
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

From what little I can ascertain, it seems like it's just an awareness campaign for now. It's not particularly advocating for specific policies, but it is saying that current policy is not working out for some people, in fact it has led to an intolerable rise in crimes...

I was out of state when Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, but Houston became a sanctuary city (we took many in and housed them) for Katrina victims and there was a huge crime spike for a several years until it finally went back to normal. And this isn't a community that takes charity lightly, so much as suffer compassion fatigue.

I do think when you open your doors up so much, you will invariably attract some less than desirable elements. That's why so many people petition Section 8 housing (subsidized housing) in neighborhood subdivisions, etc, because there's usually an influx of domestics that come with that decision.

Last edited by Maru; 05-02-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:07 PM #12
Banned

Favourites (more):
CBB21: India Willoughby
CBBUSA: Omarosa Manigault
Banned

Favourites (more):
CBB21: India Willoughby
CBBUSA: Omarosa Manigault

Why is #metoo so controversial I’ve seen quite a few people talking about it
Marches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 03:01 AM #13
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marches View Post
Watch the videos?

Edit: The only real "criticism" I've heard is that it's mainly coming from Hollywood, and for them to be preachy on this topic is quite rich, especially since contractual sex/sexual impropriety is a fact of life in Hollywood.

For example, here's some snark...

Hollywood Finally Ready To Admit That You’re The One With The Sex Problem
https://thedailymire.com/%E2%80%AAho...-intervention/

Quote:
It’s been a humiliating year for Hollywood. So many big names have been accused of sexual harassment. Thousands of stories of women and men being treated like objects by Tinsel Town elites. The world watched as La La Land lay exposed, baring it’s rancid underbelly of sex crimes, perversion, corruption and debauchery. Many wondered how the town would recover from such shameful revelations. Many powerful Hollywood stars stayed silent while knowing about the rampant abuse and misconduct. Surely they wouldn’t – and shouldn’t – walk away unscathed. But Hollywood stepped up and did the right thing. They came together to finally admit, to the entire nation, that you’re the one with the problem. It took guts but America needed to hear it. Men all across the Nation, from coast to coast, now know that they need to repent for Hollywood’s sins. The average American man’s long time commitment to their wives and families, their deep faith guiding them to resist the temptation of extra-marital affairs, while raising their children to be God-fearing men and women who respect and honor each other …it’s not enough. Thankfully we have Hollywood to center us, to be our moral compass while we are quietly living our simple lives. Hollywood has saved the day again…let’s just pray this country’s men can stay the course until the next big awards show.

Last edited by Maru; 06-02-2018 at 03:15 AM.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:37 AM #14
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
From what little I can ascertain, it seems like it's just an awareness campaign for now. It's not particularly advocating for specific policies, but it is saying that current policy is not working out for some people, in fact it has led to an intolerable rise in crimes...
Yeah I was going to ask this. Is there any proof that crime is on the rise and can it actually be linked with immigration. If yes, then clearly there is a huge problem that needs to be addressed, no matter how politically incorrect it is to name the problem. Sticking our heads in the sand whilst more women are attacked is ridiculous (we as in..people in general. I realise I am not german, though my maiden name was German) but it seems to be the default answer. Oh, its only women, who cares. I know that sounds defeatist, but its bloody true and I am sick to death of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marches View Post
People don't like to hear quite how much sexual assault happens. I mean, women have been saying it forever and ever but it only just seems to have sunk in for some. And people don't like it, obviously. A lot of people are concerned that it makes men look bad too. Which is silly as concern should be for the people who have been assaulted.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 06-02-2018 at 03:40 AM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:03 AM #15
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
People don't like to hear quite how much sexual assault happens. I mean, women have been saying it forever and ever but it only just seems to have sunk in for some. And people don't like it, obviously. A lot of people are concerned that it makes men look bad too. Which is silly as concern should be for the people who have been assaulted.
I think sexual assault in all it's various guises is rampant. The basic problem is knowing where to draw a sensible line over what is and what is not an assault as so much depends on individuals themselves and what they consider is an assault against them. The basic problem is that assault at the moment is associated mainly with a "violent" act, but that's just not clear enough.

All these people in the USA that have been accused of something, and not one of them that I am aware of is facing proper legal trial to identify if they are guilty. It's just so messy with many preferring the big payout option which is kind of ironic as most of the issues seem to have arisen from a wealth/power issue in the first place
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:13 AM #16
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I think sexual assault in all it's various guises is rampant. The basic problem is knowing where to draw a sensible line over what is and what is not an assault as so much depends on individuals themselves and what they consider is an assault against them. The basic problem is that assault at the moment is associated mainly with a "violent" act, but that's just not clear enough.

All these people in the USA that have been accused of something, and not one of them that I am aware of is facing proper legal trial to identify if they are guilty. It's just so messy with many preferring the big payout option which is kind of ironic as most of the issues seem to have arisen from a wealth/power issue in the first place
Yeah I agree with all of this. As far as I am aware though, the metoo thing was mainly about 'normal' women (and some men) sharing their experiences of everyday sexual assaults. Stuff like being on a train and some pervert starting rubbing their crotch on your back deliberately..you can tell the difference between someone bumping you by mistake and actually pushing an erection into you and rubbing, or some random wanker in the street grabbing your tit when you were a young child. From what I could gather from my friends list..the controversy was...men thinking that women talking about their experiences were somehow blaming all men for it. Which is clearly ridiculous. Everyone knows its not all bloody men. But its enough to be a large problem.

I also had some dude arguing with me about the erection on the metro. Telling me that I was just paranoid and it was just normal life and not on purpose. He was not there, he did not know, he just assumed that as I am a woman I was paranoid and talking nonsense and the pervert did nothing wrong. Depressingly, he was right about it being 'normal life' to have some pervert touching you without your consent. But to argue with me about my own experiences of which he knows nothing..well..whats the need really.

So for me, the controversy was people refusing to accept the scale of the sexual assault that actually goes on. Making out women are lying or exagerrating and such. Which obviously caused a lot of arguments. Which turned into 'you are just shouting me down as I am a man, man hating bitch' and so on, usually adorned with various misognistic language. Which IMO kind of proved the point even further
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 06-02-2018 at 04:16 AM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:49 AM #17

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Yeah I agree with all of this. As far as I am aware though, the metoo thing was mainly about 'normal' women (and some men) sharing their experiences of everyday sexual assaults. Stuff like being on a train and some pervert starting rubbing their crotch on your back deliberately..you can tell the difference between someone bumping you by mistake and actually pushing an erection into you and rubbing, or some random wanker in the street grabbing your tit when you were a young child. From what I could gather from my friends list..the controversy was...men thinking that women talking about their experiences were somehow blaming all men for it. Which is clearly ridiculous. Everyone knows its not all bloody men. But its enough to be a large problem.

I also had some dude arguing with me about the erection on the metro. Telling me that I was just paranoid and it was just normal life and not on purpose. He was not there, he did not know, he just assumed that as I am a woman I was paranoid and talking nonsense and the pervert did nothing wrong. Depressingly, he was right about it being 'normal life' to have some pervert touching you without your consent. But to argue with me about my own experiences of which he knows nothing..well..whats the need really.

So for me, the controversy was people refusing to accept the scale of the sexual assault that actually goes on. Making out women are lying or exagerrating and such. Which obviously caused a lot of arguments. Which turned into 'you are just shouting me down as I am a man, man hating bitch' and so on, usually adorned with various misognistic language. Which IMO kind of proved the point even further
I'm sorry you had that experience. It sounds horrible.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
#120db, german, movement, rise, women