Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 11-03-2018, 03:37 PM #26
0_o

0_o

I am ****ed if there is another election soon. I cannot vote Labour as they are a mess and are actively trying to remove the rights of women. I cannot vote for a party that are trying to remove my rights, and the rights of my daughter..obviously.

However I cannot vote for the Tories either. As they are actively ****ing my life, as a disabled and not very well off person.

Anything else is a wasted vote really. And near all other parties support 'self-ID', the only party I am aware of that do not back this ridiculous proposal is UKIP, and hell will freeze over before I vote for them.

So yeah, politically homeless. First time ever, and it does not feel good.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 11-03-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:39 PM #27
beyonce of waltham forest

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Lewis F
beyonce of waltham forest

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Lewis F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I am ****ed if there is another election soon. I cannot vote Labour as they are a mess and are actively trying to remove the rights of women. I cannot vote for a party that are trying to remove my rights, and the rights of my daughter..obviously.

However I cannot vote for the Tories either. As they are actively ****ing my life, as a disabled and not very well off person.

Anything else is a wasted vote really. And near all other parties support 'self-ID', the only party I am aware of that do not back this ridiculous proposal is UKIP, and hell will freeze over before I vote for them.

So yeah, politically homeless. First timer ever, and it does not feel good.
I get you. I'm a Labour member who resides on the Progress wing. I don't think it's fair all of the sudden momentum are running the show.

Having troubles reconciling even renewing my membership. Planning to vote Lib Dem or Greens.

Spoiler:

ST☆RS (TiBB's CBB): 6th/12

I'm a TiBB Member 4: 3rd/16 & Highest Placed All-Star (1st/8)
TiBB on Ice: 4th/15
ST☆RS (TiBB's CBB) 2: 3rd/17
TiBB OTT3: 2nd/13
Underscore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:40 PM #28
-

-

Quote:

So yeah, politically homeless. First timer ever, and it does not feel good.
Vote SNP Vicky. Road trip!
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:47 PM #29
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Vote SNP Vicky. Road trip!
Sturgeon is one of the worst ones for this 'biology is not real' bull**** Scotland are further down the rabbit hole than England is.

Though I would prefer to live in Scotland tbh, at least they are cushioned from the endless cuts to ill people. Only a few miles up the road, but more snow and colder weather..hmm
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 11-03-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:51 PM #30
-

-

Quote:

Though I would prefer to live in Scotland tbh, at least they are cushioned from the endless cuts to ill people. Only a few miles up the road, but more snow and colder weather..hmm
Not really, unfortunately the benefits system isn't devolved (yet) so Westminster policy still dictates things like DLA / PIP / Universal Credit. I do find that generally, at least, Scottish politicians are far more sympathetic to disabilities, disabled rights and mental health, though, so far fewer hurdles with day to day things and less of the "everyone is just a scrounger!" attitudes. In terms of actual income though, the cuts have been the same.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:53 PM #31
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Not really, unfortunately the benefits system isn't devolved (yet) so Westminster policy still dictates things like DLA / PIP / Universal Credit. I do find that generally, at least, Scottish politicians are far more sympathetic to disabilities, disabled rights and mental health, though, so far fewer hurdles with day to day things and less of the "everyone is just a scrounger!" attitudes. In terms of actual income though, the cuts have been the same.
Ah, I was under the impression that it was different there. ****. I cannot escape then
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-03-2018, 08:42 PM #32
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Yeh it would be a bit daft to only look at one poll result, it would be better to look at the last ten or fifteen, which show a large majority of Labour wins, and very few tory wins.
Take into consideration how right-leaning the polls tended to be before the election and brexit too, and the picture looks very different.

I'm a bit confused why you made this thread now? Seems a bit baity if it wasnt supposed to be a discussion on the poll results afterall.
It seems a bit baity does it - are you trying to take this thread off topic again?

I made it, as I said, to point out the discrepancy between two different polls, and let’s face it a 5% difference is considerable. I believe the poll you posted got it right once which does not make it a predictor of solid standing. At the end of the day time will tell and I look forward to that day - that is how confident I am.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:58 PM #33
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Interesting that Greens are ahead of UKIP on that poll.
Rightfully so, UKIP are finished from all the inner party leadership chaos and movement to Cons. Greens can only rise

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:59 PM #34
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
UKIP have been thrown into the long grass. The Greens are definitely a party I'd support if and when they come up with a decent leader.
Caroline is the best party leader going!

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:48 PM #35
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Ah, I was under the impression that it was different there. ****. I cannot escape then
Some of the worst sanctions and cuts like the bedroom tax are mitigated by the Scottish government, but technically they don't have power over welfare laws (yet)
Greg! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:58 AM #36
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

So yeah, politically homeless. First time ever, and it does not feel good.
..I guess how I’m thinking about it, Vicky...is it won’t be a ‘wasted vote’ for me even though it won’t have any impact on a government at this moment in time or in any near future in my lifetime, quite possibly...but unless those ‘wasted votes’ also happen and grow more and more in their collective thoughts...?...then there will only be two possibilities to consider and the same potential dilemma as generations go on etc...so it’s more a ‘future vote’ of potential options as opposed to a ‘wasted vote’...a future of more balance and centre that we need so much...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:25 PM #37
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..I guess how I’m thinking about it, Vicky...is it won’t be a ‘wasted vote’ for me even though it won’t have any impact on a government at this moment in time or in any near future in my lifetime, quite possibly...but unless those ‘wasted votes’ also happen and grow more and more in their collective thoughts...?...then there will only be two possibilities to consider and the same potential dilemma as generations go on etc...so it’s more a ‘future vote’ of potential options as opposed to a ‘wasted vote’...a future of more balance and centre that we need so much...
Yeah I guess. the lib dems seemed to be creeping up as a realistic option, until Clegg ****ed all the students and went back on the one pledge that probably won them more votes than any other pledge combined

I think I will probably end up voting independent, come voting time, if we have any independant candidates (from memory last time we had 4 labour 3 tory a lib dem and a ukip). No chance at all, but I would not really feel right not voting AT ALL given everything people have done to ensure I have the option to vote
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-03-2018, 01:29 PM #38
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Yeah I guess. the lib dems seemed to be creeping up as a realistic option, until Clegg ****ed all the students and went back on the one pledge that probably won them more votes than any other pledge combined

I think I will probably end up voting independent, come voting time, if we have any independant candidates (from memory last time we had 4 labour 3 tory a lib dem and a ukip). No chance at all, but I would not really feel right not voting AT ALL given everything people have done to ensure I have the option to vote
Sounds like an ideal opportunity for you to stand yourself Vicky. Go for it, you have plenty time to prepare
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:33 PM #39
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Sounds like an ideal opportunity for you to stand yourself Vicky. Go for it, you have plenty time to prepare
LOL **** that. I don't have the time, nor the patience to deal with all of that stuff Especially with my illness. If by some miracle I did get elected, I could not travel to parliament or whatevers needed. Plus my area has been under the same labour MP for the past like 30 years or something, so until he dies I dont think anyone has a chance, and even when he does, it will pass to another Labour I think. I prefer to moan, and maybe sign a petition every now and again.

My politics..probably wouldn't be too popular either. I wouldn't think. I am too all over the place on various topics
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-03-2018, 02:56 PM #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
Caroline is the best party leader going!
I like Caroline Lucas and I like her policies (that's why I like the Green Party) but she's not imo leadership material. She's good at fighting her parties corner but she doesn't have a strong enough voice for people to take much notice of.

As for economics, the Greens have the best economists in the land. Both the Cons and Labour have adopted many of the Greens ideas regarding fiscal policy.
Old 13-03-2018, 09:57 AM #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
https://yougov.co.uk/news/categories/voting-intention/

Not changed much, as expected - 43% Labour and 41% Tories. Considerably more reliable than the Mirror stating 44% Labour and 37% Tories - a huge 5% difference. Who would you believe?
don't believe any of them - mps or polls. its as useful as poetry
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 10:24 AM #42
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
UKIP have been thrown into the long grass. The Greens are definitely a party I'd support if and when they come up with a decent leader.
I don't mind the Greens either, it's just I didn't think that UKIP would be losing to them on an opinion poll, even if it's just one poll.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 10:41 AM #43
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I don't mind the Greens either, it's just I didn't think that UKIP would be losing to them on an opinion poll, even if it's just one poll.
UKIP are no longer a serious party and neither are the greens. At best they will manage 1 seat in parliament. They are both wasted votes. So it really doesn't matter where they are relative to each other as neither are going to do anything.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 10:47 AM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
UKIP are no longer a serious party and neither are the greens. At best they will manage 1 seat in parliament. They are both wasted votes. So it really doesn't matter where they are relative to each other as neither are going to do anything.
Oh I know that, it's just interesting to see which Parties are moving up and down in the polls.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 11:33 AM #45
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

How many have voted in these polls ?