Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Announcements / Suggestions / Help Announcements from Admin, member suggestions and forum help

Old 08-04-2018, 09:18 AM #176
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
yes but Mock what you and many on here dont understand is that a lot of infractions are for "baiting" or "trolling" or other generic and non specific things

what is baiting, what is trolling? - half the infractions i get are for me being ironic or perhaps playing devils advocate and frankly you need a bit of that in a debate where a lot of people take themselves a little too seriously

its an opinion and often it is felt that this type of infraction is used nefariously. ie you are in a debate with a mod and say you infuriate them by perhaps exposing a lack of evidence in their argument or maybe just by having a difference of opinion and then hey presto you get a ban/infraction for a non specific thing and you are like :suspicious:

Also if you make a lot of threads I think you get penialised when actually you should be rewarded. In SD if you make a thread about say a rape, abortion or death penalty using a news story you will, on page one, be attacked and in some ways will be held accountable for the article when you did not write or research it. as the OP people who say have strong feelings about the subject latch onto you as the OP and vent at you and thus one can get defensive and you open yourself up to being reported - also just by opening lots of threads you open yourself up, by default, to more reports.

People go on about "just stick to the rules" but if the rules can be interpreted to suit its hard - especially if all the active Mods have left leaning liberal sympathies and also its easy to say this if

1. you make no threads

2. you make like 5 posts a day in chat

I think we all know its not easy to moderate but its not as simple as "just sticks to the rules"

I think that we've all had infractions sometimes from Moderators where we're like "how am I being punished when I did nothing wrong!?" sort of moment, but I do think that SD has got to be the hardest section of the Forum to Moderate as alot of opinions on there are extremely controversial and the rules need to be made more clear on what kind of posts are acceptable or not as I do think that your posts in particular can be borderline which means that individual Moderators will just go with their own personal opinion of the post rather than set rules.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:19 AM #177
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I think that we've all had infractions sometimes from Moderators where we're like "how am I being punished when I did nothing wrong!?" sort of moment, but I do think that SD has got to be the hardest section of the Forum to Moderate as alot of opinions on there are extremely controversial and the rules need to be made more clear on what kind of posts are acceptable or not as I do think that your posts in particular can be borderline which means that individual Moderators will just go with their own personal opinion of the post rather than set rules.
The occasional ‘slip’ is one thing but persistent ‘slips’ are another thing altogether which has been more the issue.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
axed, debates, serious