Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 24-03-2018, 08:29 AM #26

We have 5 Jewish conservative MPs and 5 Jewish Labour MPs
We have 26 Jewish Labour Peers and 14 Jewish Conservative peers

It would be interesting to know the same about national newspapers.

Last edited by DemolitionRed; 24-03-2018 at 08:42 AM.
DemolitionRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 08:55 AM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
He is THE most dangerously deluded person in the UK - apart from those who REFUTE all the evidence that he is a Marxist, Terrorist-Loving, Anti-Semitic, Anti-British jerk-off and BLINDLY support him.

In my opinion of course.
Oh you forgot one thing. He doesn't like landlords either! Your blood must be boiling!
Old 24-03-2018, 09:37 AM #28

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
The only reason you say this is because I say he's not an IRA supporter. You have gone all guns blazing at Corbyn without one credible cite and you're pissed off because unlike some on here, I don't believe you.

As for Corbyn, there's plenty of things I've complained about in the past. At one point I clearly stated I didn't think he was the man for the job but like all of us, we have the right to change our mind. I'll speak on behalf of anyone if I think someone's spewing bollocks and I won't make **** up to try and deface May, even though I can't stand her politics.
It's not his politics I can't stand, it's HIM.
I don't make stuff up, please refrain from saying I am a liar without any evidence whatsoever.
Its irrelevant to me if you still block out the fact he's a terrorist supporter, your agreement isn't required.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 09:38 AM #29
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Well sacking him is certainly a convenient way to distract attention from another anti-Semitism scandal: https://www.theguardian.com/politics...isemitic-mural
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 09:39 AM #30
User banned

User banned

Quote:
He is THE most dangerously deluded person in the UK - apart from those who REFUTE all the evidence that he is a Marxist, Terrorist-Loving, Anti-Semitic, Anti-British jerk-off and BLINDLY support him.

In my opinion of course.
Old 24-03-2018, 09:42 AM #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
It's not his politics I can't stand, it's HIM.
I don't make stuff up, please refrain from saying I am a liar without any evidence whatsoever.
Its irrelevant to me if you still block out the fact he's a terrorist supporter, your agreement isn't required.
Then give us evidence and I don't mean some random hearsay.

I don't care if my agreement isn't required. I'll continue with my own beliefs and you continue with yours.
Old 24-03-2018, 09:43 AM #32

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

In my opinion of course.
I agree with your opinion. There is none so blind as those who will not see -(John Heywood 1546).
Old 24-03-2018, 09:47 AM #33
User banned

User banned

Quote:

I don't care if my agreement isn't required. I'll continue with my own beliefs and you continue with yours.
Stop asking for evidence all the time whenever someone disagrees with you. If you think you can prove otherwise, feel free to do so.
Old 24-03-2018, 09:49 AM #34

"The deepest sin against the human mind is to believe things without evidence" Aldous Huxley
Old 24-03-2018, 09:50 AM #35

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

If you've researched all that is out there about his terrorist connections and still don't believe a word of it, there is nothing anyone can do for you.
Old 24-03-2018, 09:52 AM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
"The deepest sin against the human mind is to believe things without evidence" Aldous Huxley
Yes, stop sinning against me and calling me a liar when you have no evidence that he isn't a terrorist sympathiser.
Old 24-03-2018, 10:30 AM #37

Quote:
Oh you forgot one thing. He doesn't like landlords either! Your blood must be boiling!
My fortune will ULTIMATELY actually GROW if Corbyn becomes PM and implements his unachievable, totally impracticable, ill-thought out 'policies'.

I have just paid Ł355.00 to the Law Courts to evict a 'young single mother of two' - you know, one of those poor, unfortunate, underprivileged strata of society whom Corbyn is out to alleviate the suffering of?

My (now EX) agent foolishly let this excrement into a beautiful, modernised, double glazed, centrally heated 2 bedroom semi which had walled private gardens to front and rear etc. etc.

Her income level was so high from a combination of Working Tax Credits and Benefits that the local Council only paid a small fraction of Housing Benefits to her.

Her Facebook pages are peppered with photographs which she has posted of herself dolled up to the nines partying, hungover, and enjoying nights out with 'The Girls' ALL OVER the UK.

She started NOT paying her rent after only a few months and DESPITE all our efforts to reason with her, appeal to her AND help her (because of her two INNOCENT children) she ignored us and her arrears now top Ł5,000.

We have discovered that she applied for a 'Council House' but her application was 'DECLINED', but once she is evicted the same Council will be FORCED to accommodate her because she will be HOMELESS.

The trouble is, that due to a severe HOUSING SHORTAGE just WHERE the Council will place her and into just WHAT kind of accommodation is the '64,000 dollar question'.

Corbyn's policies will greatly EXACERBATE this Housing Crisis as Private Landlord after Private Landlord sell up or STOP renting to BENEFIT CLAIMANTS altogether to protect themselves.

THIS big bad landlord will sit tight because already I have determined NOT to accept anyone else who is on Benefits as tenants.

Yes, it is a shame because not ALL Benefit Claimants are bad people or bad tenants, but I have worked damned hard for a long number of years (I am still working 60+ hour weeks now) and I have made real sacrifices to build up my business and I will not allow Corbyn or anyone else to destroy all that I have worked for.

By the way, I am a GOOD landlord. My properties are all accredited and of a good standard, my rents are ALWAYS set just below the Local Market levels, and I ALWAYS help my tenants whenever I can when they have problems.

Finally, I WILL MAKE A PREDICTION; If Corbyn becomes PM, it will SERIOUSLY DAMAGE the UK, but nowhere near as much as it will DAMAGE THE LABOUR PARTY because once the damage his demented policies will cause has manifested itself, the Labour Party - if not TOTALLY destroyed - will become UNELECTABLE for decades.

And THAT is another shame.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 10:40 AM #38

Quote:

Search Serious Debates threads on here because I have already posted long posts FULL of factual evidence concerning Corbyn and his 'Terrorist Friends'.

With all due respect though Red, I do not believe that ANY amount of FACTUAL evidence will change your devotion to Corbyn nor stop you defending him.

Instead, I believe that you will say that such factual evidence is NOT evidence.

Already, all the growing and weighty evidence that Corbyn is and has always been 'anti-Semitic' is being denigrated and/or denied by you and others despite it being wholly compelling to any impartial person.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 10:43 AM #39

I haven't read this yet Kirk as I'm about to go out and I'm sure its going to be something I want to respond to but I just wanted to thank you for bothering to write a long response.

Later folks.
Old 24-03-2018, 10:45 AM #40
User banned

User banned

Quote:
My fortune will ULTIMATELY actually GROW if Corbyn becomes PM and implements his unachievable, totally impracticable, ill-thought out 'policies'.

I have just paid Ł355.00 to the Law Courts to evict a 'young single mother of two' - you know, one of those poor, unfortunate, underprivileged strata of society whom Corbyn is out to alleviate the suffering of?

My (now EX) agent foolishly let this excrement into a beautiful, modernised, double glazed, centrally heated 2 bedroom semi which had walled private gardens to front and rear etc. etc.

Her income level was so high from a combination of Working Tax Credits and Benefits that the local Council only paid a small fraction of Housing Benefits to her.

Her Facebook pages are peppered with photographs which she has posted of herself dolled up to the nines partying, hungover, and enjoying nights out with 'The Girls' ALL OVER the UK.

She started NOT paying her rent after only a few months and DESPITE all our efforts to reason with her, appeal to her AND help her (because of her two INNOCENT children) she ignored us and her arrears now top Ł5,000.

We have discovered that she applied for a 'Council House' but her application was 'DECLINED', but once she is evicted the same Council will be FORCED to accommodate her because she will be HOMELESS.

The trouble is, that due to a severe HOUSING SHORTAGE just WHERE the Council will place her and into just WHAT kind of accommodation is the '64,000 dollar question'.

Corbyn's policies will greatly EXACERBATE this Housing Crisis as Private Landlord after Private Landlord sell up or STOP renting to BENEFIT CLAIMANTS altogether to protect themselves.

THIS big bad landlord will sit tight because already I have determined NOT to accept anyone else who is on Benefits as tenants.

Yes, it is a shame because not ALL Benefit Claimants are bad people or bad tenants, but I have worked damned hard for a long number of years (I am still working 60+ hour weeks now) and I have made real sacrifices to build up my business and I will not allow Corbyn or anyone else to destroy all that I have worked for.

By the way, I am a GOOD landlord. My properties are all accredited and of a good standard, my rents are ALWAYS set just below the Local Market levels, and I ALWAYS help my tenants whenever I can when they have problems.

Finally, I WILL MAKE A PREDICTION; If Corbyn becomes PM, it will SERIOUSLY DAMAGE the UK, but nowhere near as much as it will DAMAGE THE LABOUR PARTY because once the damage his demented policies will cause has manifested itself, the Labour Party - if not TOTALLY destroyed - will become UNELECTABLE for decades.

And THAT is another shame.
Well said Kirk! We need good quality landlords like you and cannot forget that landlords have bills to pay as well and would be walked over by many if given half the chance.

I also agree that Corbyn’ policies will do untold damage to the Labour Party in the long-term. Such a shame that lack of experience will likely cause many to live to regret their decisions. Lessons learned the hard way like so many before them.
Old 24-03-2018, 10:51 AM #41

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Search Serious Debates threads on here because I have already posted long posts FULL of factual evidence concerning Corbyn and his 'Terrorist Friends'.

With all due respect though Red, I do not believe that ANY amount of FACTUAL evidence will change your devotion to Corbyn nor stop you defending him.

Instead, I believe that you will say that such factual evidence is NOT evidence.

Already, all the growing and weighty evidence that Corbyn is and has always been 'anti-Semitic' is being denigrated and/or denied by you and others despite it being wholly compelling to any impartial person.

Same here, Kirk, but it's all 'lies, lies and more lies'. I've never seen anything quite like the denial that goes on.
Old 24-03-2018, 11:06 AM #42
Banned

Banned

We don't need another referendum of Brexit, people ****ed it up and they shouldn't get any takebacks because they regret voting the way they did. The bed has been made and now it's time to lie in it.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 12:04 PM #43
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Same here, Kirk, but it's all 'lies, lies and more lies'. I've never seen anything quite like the denial that goes on.
Show me the facts, facts facts!

You can't or won't you have been asked many times, the response is always the same it is your 'experience' well sorry but that is just not enough to sway my opinion.

Here are some facts, on the actual topic at hand so that people might objectively make up their mind on this issue.

https://www.widewalls.ch/artist/mear-one/

If you wand a REAL discussion on antisemitism here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24343074
Old 24-03-2018, 12:54 PM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post

You can't or won't you have been asked many times, the response is always the same it is your 'experience' well sorry but that is just not enough to sway my opinion.

Here are some facts, on the actual topic at hand so that people might objectively make up their mind on this issue.

So you are conveniently pretending you haven't seen any of the many links I've posted that have nothing to do with my own experiences? Or maybe you just refused to read them? Unbelievable. Why would you knowingly even post something so untrue.
Old 24-03-2018, 02:04 PM #45

Quote:

And my husband type of business is going to clearly struggle if Corbyn gets in but believes the struggle is worthwhile.

As for your deceitful tenant, what has she got to do with Corbyn? Does Mays government allow sitting tenants or not? Does Mays government have landlords spending hundreds to get rid of sitting tenants or not?

Quote:

Again, this isn't down to Corbyn, its down to the present government.
Quote:
But Corbyn has clearly stated that putting rent money into impoverished tenants hands needs to be stopped. Instead it needs to go straight to the landlord.

Quote:

Its not only benefit claimants who sit tight when they can't pay the rent and get an eviction order. But lets go back to benefit claimants and what they presently have to put up with re-subsidized government rent.
1. The government no longer pays deposits. I believe that was stopped in 2008
2. The government are notoriously slow at paying up and when they do pay up, they pay the tenanat and not the landlord. Again I believe this happened in 2008.
3. The government just stop payments without notice and for very little reason.
4. Government payments are always in arrears.
5. Since 2014 the government makes landlords jump through hoops of fire before they can let to people on benefit. All these rules are confusing and time consuming and leave the landlord feeling vulnerable.
Its the Tory government that have done this, not Corbyn.

Quote:
By the way, I am a GOOD landlord. My properties are all accredited and of a good standard, my rents are ALWAYS set just below the Local Market levels, and I ALWAYS help my tenants whenever I can when they have problems
Good, and so are we. The difference between you and us is, we rent out in France and you in the UK. Its very similar problems though.
Old 24-03-2018, 02:16 PM #46

Quote:

I'm not devoted to Corbyn. Right now I'd say I lean much more towards Green Party politics. If you have posted factual evidence, I certainly haven't seen it. Believe it or not Kirk, I'm not on anyone's side. I just want a party who can run it better than the shambolic lot we presently have.

Ok here's one for you. Earlier today you said Corbyn was a Marxist. Every time I read this I see it as a poor attempt to make Corbyn a caricature of a communist, which he's not… anything but. Corbyn hasn't even read the Communist Manifesto and his politics are pretty average for mainstream Western Europe. I'd say he sits to the right of the Green party which is still fairly left but then anything would be left of this present government. That said, I do think McDonnel is a Marxist or at least he's got a keen interest in Marxism but he's another story.

He's never said he wants to overthrow capitalism, on the contrary he embraces it. He wants to stop this government selling off the NHS to their family members and friends . He wants to stop Łbillions in tax ending up in tax havens which is something this present free market allows and put that money to good use within our economy. He wants to re- nationalize a few things in an attempt to solve problems caused through mass privatization.

I'm not communist but I understand enough about communism to know that its never existed. The Communist Manifesto is full of metaphors with no absolutes. It's a theory that has had snippets taken out of it and bastardized but there's never been any such thing as a communist state for the simple reason that, according to Marx communism can't be a state because territorial borders wouldn't exist. I've never heard any suggestions of Marxist ideologies coming out of Corbyns mouth so what earned him that reputation?

What Corbyn wants is a centrally planned economy and I believe we need a centrally planned economy and so of course I like a lot of Corbyn politics. But there's quite a lot I don't like or don't believe would work and that's why I'm more Green than Red atm.
Old 24-03-2018, 02:31 PM #47
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I'm not devoted to Corbyn. Right now I'd say I lean much more towards Green Party politics. If you have posted factual evidence, I certainly haven't seen it. Believe it or not Kirk, I'm not on anyone's side. I just want a party who can run it better than the shambolic lot we presently have.

Ok here's one for you. Earlier today you said Corbyn was a Marxist. Every time I read this I see it as a poor attempt to make Corbyn a caricature of a communist, which he's not… anything but. Corbyn hasn't even read the Communist Manifesto and his politics are pretty average for mainstream Western Europe. I'd say he sits to the right of the Green party which is still fairly left but then anything would be left of this present government. That said, I do think McDonnel is a Marxist or at least he's got a keen interest in Marxism but he's another story.

He's never said he wants to overthrow capitalism, on the contrary he embraces it. He wants to stop this government selling off the NHS to their family members and friends . He wants to stop Łbillions in tax ending up in tax havens which is something this present free market allows and put that money to good use within our economy. He wants to re- nationalize a few things in an attempt to solve problems caused through mass privatization.

I'm not communist but I understand enough about communism to know that its never existed. The Communist Manifesto is full of metaphors with no absolutes. It's a theory that has had snippets taken out of it and bastardized but there's never been any such thing as a communist state for the simple reason that, according to Marx communism can't be a state because territorial borders wouldn't exist. I've never heard any suggestions of Marxist ideologies coming out of Corbyns mouth so what earned him that reputation?

What Corbyn wants is a centrally planned economy and I believe we need a centrally planned economy and so of course I like a lot of Corbyn politics. But there's quite a lot I don't like or don't believe would work and that's why I'm more Green than Red atm.
What Corbyn wants and what he says he wants are not necessarily the same as demonstrated but his continual change of mind when it suits. Not a man to be trusted in the eyes of many.
Old 24-03-2018, 02:38 PM #48

Quote:

[QUOTE=Kizzy;9929752]

The interviewer said to Jon Steafel. "Analyzing British politics is not hating your country" I couldn't help but chuckle to myself because both you and I have been accused on here of being unpatriotic and hating our country.
Old 24-03-2018, 02:47 PM #49

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:

I doubt many people want to discuss something from 2013..
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 02:50 PM #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
I doubt many people want to discuss something from 2013..
Why ever not? Can we only have the daily news now?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
challenge, leadership, owen, smith