Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 24-03-2018, 12:01 PM #51
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
On the whole I would agree - but referring to those that don’t as ignorant is not the way to go either. Disagreement is not necessarily either malice or ignorance.
Ignorant is not a bad word nor should it be considered as such when it's intent is innocent. Not knowing something about a subject simply does make you ignorant of it, I'm ignorant when it comes to, I dunno, building ****.

Somebody who is unaware of trans issues should not be demonised for making a genuine mistake, that's how you create malicious ignorance, people who don't want to learn because they prefer the idea that they have in their heads to the facts.

Lots of people are ignorant when it comes to trans issues, it's not a negative thing to say that. It's simply how it is and unfortunately attacks like the ones against people like J.K Rowling simply do not help the cause.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 12:03 PM #52
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg! View Post
Well tough beans hon gays have to do it all the time. Go in a private cubicle if it bothers you that much. And anyway, I doubt a pre-op trans woman who hates all of her male features is just going to casually have her dick flopping about for the world to see in a changing room, that is if she even has the courage to use the correct changing rooms for her gender identity, which usually doesn't happen until post-op.
No tough beans for you then hon. You have missed the point entirely and women are not simply going to roll over on this.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 12:17 PM #53
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron

She said she didnt mean to like the tweet
Old 24-03-2018, 12:22 PM #54

Quote:
Well tough beans hon gays have to do it all the time. Go in a private cubicle if it bothers you that much. And anyway, I doubt a pre-op trans woman who hates all of her male features is just going to casually have her dick flopping about for the world to see in a changing room, that is if she even has the courage to use the correct changing rooms for her gender identity, which usually doesn't happen until post-op.
Yeah, "Tough beans" is the exact mentality that women have had to put up with for numerous years and denying us our privacy is just yet another step backwards.
Ashley. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 12:26 PM #55
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

How is it denying your privacy. No one is forced to use a public changing room. The clue is in the name - public. And if a trans woman wants to use the correct room that is her right.
Greg! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 12:28 PM #56
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

I might feel uncomfortable if an old obese smelly wrinkly man was in the same changing room as me but I would just try and and use a private cubicle in future rather than constantly moaning and trying to ban old wrinkly men from changing rooms

Last edited by Greg!; 24-03-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 24-03-2018, 12:29 PM #57
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post
Yeah, "Tough beans" is the exact mentality that women have had to put up with for numerous years and denying us our privacy is just yet another step backwards.
Exactly - it is a step backwards and we won’t have our rights sacrificed to suit others.

What planet are these people on that they either don’t see the issue for many women or they don’t give two hoots and think women will just have to put up and shut up. It’s so patronising.

Why would we shut up - we have right on our side!
Old 24-03-2018, 12:32 PM #58
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I might feel uncomfortable if an old obese wrinkly man struts around changing room naked but I would just try and and use a private cubicle in future rather than constantly moaning and trying to ban old wrinkly men from changing rooms
Do you not get that any male predator can easily self-identify as a trans woman and gain access to female only areas - which puts women and girls at risk of physical harm. Women have rights too you know whether you like it or not.

Apart from that women also have a right to privacy whether you agree or not.
Old 24-03-2018, 12:35 PM #59
User banned

User banned

Quote:
How is it denying your privacy. No one is forced to use a public changing room. The clue is in the name - public. And if a trans woman wants to use the correct room that is her right.
We are not talking about transitioned trans women but men claiming to be via self-identification with the obvious risks attached.
Old 24-03-2018, 12:36 PM #60
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I might feel uncomfortable if an old obese smelly wrinkly man was in the same changing room as me but I would just try and and use a private cubicle in future rather than constantly moaning and trying to ban old wrinkly men from changing rooms
Why are your agephobic, sizephobic comments acceptable?

You can't crow about rights while making offensive remarks about the physical appearance of others.
Old 24-03-2018, 12:37 PM #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post

You can't crow about rights while making offensive remarks about the physical appearance of others.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 12:39 PM #62
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post

Old, obese, smelly and wrinkly are just adjectives. I would never personally slag someone off for being that (apart from maybe smelly as BO is absolutely disgusting - like have a wash)

Last edited by Greg!; 24-03-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Old 24-03-2018, 12:43 PM #63

Quote:
And what will become of it, if any man is allowed to enter a woman-only space should they wake up in the morning and decide that they would like to identify as female?
Ashley. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 12:47 PM #64
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
WOW.

So trans people come before women in your world?

being gay also has nothing to do with what gender you are so this statement is pretty much pointless.

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 12:47 PM #65
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It sounds to me like the original tweet was probably referring to that labour mess where a trans person who hadn't go through the transition was made Women's officer which is quite ridiculous. Post op, I could understand that calling them a man in a dress is transphobic but if you haven't started transitioning then the term 'man in a dress' is quite....well....factual?

The trans community is cannabilising itself by attacking anyone and everyone that makes a mistake or says something ignorant whether or not the ignorance is innocent or not, people are just gonna push back against trans rights and such if it continues. People like the journalist quoted above by Marsh need to realise that you don't win hearts and minds by attacking people until they do what you say. Gay rights have come as far as they have, not through the gays attacking anyone and everyone but through education and understanding over the generations. in most countries where gay rights have been written into law, it wouldn't have been enough for just the gays to demand it, it's the allies that have helped push Gay Rights acts into law. Allies are vital and you don't create allies and dispel ignorance by screaming at people to do what you say.
This is the most intelligent post in here tbh

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 12:51 PM #66
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post
And what will become of it, if any man is allowed to enter a woman-only space should they wake up in the morning and decide that they would like to identify as female?
I think their gender should be legally changed first in order to weed out any potential pervs. But at the end of the day, no one is stopping anyone from entering any room they like. That's a risk we all have to take every day. It's not like there's bouncers outside bathroom doors. There's a risk that you will get struck by lightening after leaving your house and walking down the street. However, the chances of that happening, much like a creep dressing up as a woman and pretending to be trans to perv on women in a changing room, are extremely unlikely. I think the trans debate should focus on the fact that 45% of trans youth attempt suicide, rather than these ridiculous hypothetical bathroom scenarios with no basis.

Last edited by Greg!; 24-03-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Old 24-03-2018, 01:02 PM #67
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I think their gender should be legally changed first in order to weed out any potential pervs. But at the end of the day, no one is stopping anyone from entering any room they like. That's a risk we all have to take every day. It's not like there's bouncers outside bathroom doors. There's a risk that you will get struck by lightening after leaving your house and walking down the street. However, the chances of that happening, much like a creep dressing up as a woman and pretending to be trans to perv on women in a changing room, are extremely unlikely. I think the trans debate should focus on the fact that 45% of trans youth attempt suicide, rather than these ridiculous hypothetical bathroom scenarios with no basis.
Our local swimming pool had a problem with men sneaking into female changing rooms some time ago and holding phones and cameras under doors taking grimy pictures of young girls getting changed and I heard it was a common problem in many public areas like that.

Wake up - we have huge problems with sexual assault against women and young girls in this country and the world as a whole and such proposals will simply make it easier for such creeps to gain access - as it will be harder to challenge men who are hanging around.

Plus I think you will find it will be a lot more than 45% of women will not support this proposal - and we need to focus on them and their rights.

Last edited by Brillopad; 24-03-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Old 24-03-2018, 01:07 PM #68
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
and no trans dementors in her books?

a little too convenient in my book

vile hate filled woman

Dobby was trans
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 01:11 PM #69
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I know you probably won't read, but others might.
https://www.transgendertrend.com/sto...ide-rate-mean/
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 24-03-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 01:12 PM #70
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babayaro. View Post
Dobby was trans
exactly and she picked the most miserable servile non-human character

this evil hag needs exposing
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 01:13 PM #71
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I know you probably won't read, but others might.
https://www.transgendertrend.com/sto...ide-rate-mean/
You're right, I'm not going to read from a source called "transgender trend". (Recent evidence shows it is neurological and not a choice or trend.)
Old 24-03-2018, 01:14 PM #72
0_o

0_o

Which evidence would this be?

Also of course being transsexual is not a trend. 'Transgender' is though. There is a huge difference between the two.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 24-03-2018 at 01:15 PM.
Old 24-03-2018, 01:16 PM #73
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Which evidence would this be?
LT made a thread about it

https://www.biospace.com/article/new...nder-identity/

Last edited by Greg!; 24-03-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Old 24-03-2018, 01:18 PM #74
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Thanks, had not seen that, will read it now.

I have always been more than willing to accept that there may be some biological reason for people being transsexual. 'Transgender' though is just nonsense.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 24-03-2018, 01:23 PM #75
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Quote:
I'm not a woman so it's not my place to state it as fact, but imo I don't think many women would want pre-op Trans male being able to use the women's Toilet's as they're not officially a woman yet, just like how not many men would want a pre-op Trans female to use the men's Toilets.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 24-03-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
jk, likes, rowling, transphobic, tweet