Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:38 PM #1
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Default Driver runs motorcycle off road after road rage incident (Video)

(Full Screen for Portrait View)

Interview with Motorcyclist (Video)
http://www.wkrg.com/news/state-regio...ver/1109603590

Video: Car hits Sarasota biker after confrontation
http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...-confrontation

Quote:
A witness recorded the incident that left a man with broken bones.

SARASOTA — A motorcycle rider involved in a collision with a car that appeared to swerve into its path Sunday has a history of unsafe driving, according to the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office and court documents.

The rider, Darin Hendrickson, 33, of Sarasota, suffered broken ribs and road rash when a silver Mazda 3 hatchback lurched into his lane and caused him to crash.

The incident was captured on cell phone video by a family that witnessed the crash a few car lengths behind them.

“I was pelted with a bunch of metal,” said Hendrickson who was riding a 2008 GSRX 1000 Suzuki sports bike. “Before the video started he threw a quarter or change and hit me and my motorcycle and put some damage to the motorcycle. You see me following him to a stopping point to get his information or get him to pull over.”

Hendrickson can be seen in the video gesturing with his arms from the right lane to the car in the left lane. He said the driver did not roll down the windows or acknowledge him.

Hendrickson swung his arms near a passenger window, before the car veered into the right line side swiping the motorcycle causing it to crash.

“I was being dragged by the car,” said Hendrickson who came to rest a few feet from a utility pole. He was wearing a helmet.

As the car drove away, Hendrickson got to his feet and approached a family in the car behind him that had begun recording the confrontation beginning on Beneva Road at Bahia Vista. It ended with Hendrickson pleading with the driver to go after the car.

“Follow him, follow him, please, please,” said Hendrickson asked the family who had a child in the backseat.

Hendrickson, who has a 1-year-old son, said he understood why the driver did not give chase.

“I was in absolute shock,” Hendrickson said. “My son started flashing through my face. I thought I can’t die right now.”

The Sheriff’s Office said in a news release asking the public to help locate the Mazda driver that they are conducting an aggravated-battery investigation.

If the driver is located they could face a felony charge.

Hendrickson has an extensive history of traffic violations that include speeding, careless driving, leaving the scene of an accident without giving information, operating a motorcycle between lanes, failure to stop at a red light, following too closely, and other violations dating back over 10 years.

His criminal charges involved theft in 2008 and 2011 and he was charged with burglary with assault in 2003. His recent brushes with law enforcement were for traffic-related incidents.

Hendrickson said his motorcycle was his only mode of transportation.

“I want justice served,” Hendrickson said. “I lost my ability to have transportation. I can’t take care of my responsibilities”

The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the incident. They are asking for the public’s help to identify the vehicle involved in the “aggravated battery incident.” Anyone with information is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 941-861-4317.
The motorcyclist has an extensive rapsheet (1) (2), so not a good record of sound judgement.

Video: Car hits Sarasota biker after confrontation
http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...-confrontation

Quote:
Hendrickson has an extensive history of traffic violations that include speeding, careless driving, leaving the scene of an accident without giving information, operating a motorcycle between lanes, failure to stop at a red light, following too closely, and other violations dating back over 10 years.

His criminal charges involved theft in 2008 and 2011 and he was charged with burglary with assault in 2003. His recent brushes with law enforcement were for traffic-related incidents.
Clearly he is not at fault for what this driver did, but I think he escalated it by coming for the driver from the passenger side. If I were on a bike and someone were throwing objects at me, I would move away from the vehicle, not pursue them in an aggressive manner... he is very lucky to be alive.

I also don't understand videotaping an incident, but not getting pictures of the plates... I guess this wasn't recorded in HD. I would've been freaked out if someone who was just in a road rage incident came banging on my door demanding to get in... glad they didn't let him into their vehicle as he clearly wasn't thinking straight.

Last edited by Maru; 11-04-2018 at 06:29 PM. Reason: The title was vague.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
confrontation, driver, hits, incident, motorcycle, rage, road, runs, sarasota, video