Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB 1 - 5 Celebrity Big Brother series 1 to 5 from 2001-2008.

Old 28-05-2007, 09:01 AM #1

Default Jade in an L of a lot of trouble

Quote:
Jade in an L of a lot of trouble

DISGRACED Big Brother star Jade Goody was accused by cops last night of lying about passing her driving test.

Jade, 25, has been charged with driving with only a provisional licence and having no insurance.

When police stopped her in her BMW X5 at a M1 service station in Newport Pagnell, Bucks, she couldn’t produce her driving licence or insurance certificate.

She was charged this month and is due before Milton Keynes JPs on June 20.

Last night Jade - vilified for the racist bullying of Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty - said: “I’ve been stopped a few times but I don’t know about a court appearance.”

In January last year Jade got a similar charge thrown out, claiming she passed her test on Celebrity Driving School.

But she famously failed on the Comic Relief show in 2003.

In November 2003 she was seen taking lessons at the Harlow-based Lady Driving School. In August 2004 it was reported she had passe.
Source:The Sun
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 09:32 AM #2

Interesting,
because if she was acquitted on a previous charge as she claimed in court she had passed her test on Celeb Driving School, and that turns out to be false.

Then add perjury to the charges.
spacebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 09:33 AM #3

And you can't get locked up for that and that if that happens we will have Gooby is innocent threads all over the site.
Old 28-05-2007, 10:28 AM #4

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Moon
And you can't get locked up for that and that if that happens we will have Gooby is innocent threads all over the site.
They'll start an online petition

"Don't jail Jade for driving without a license and insurance and then lying about it in court - its all Shilpas fault"
Old 28-05-2007, 12:58 PM #5
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by spacebandit
Interesting,
because if she was acquitted on a previous charge as she claimed in court she had passed her test on Celeb Driving School, and that turns out to be false.

Then add perjury to the charges.
The Sun Newspaper story sounds very interesting, doesn't it

More interesting to those who choose NOT to like her, in fact, loathe her

I shall believe quite well, that Jade Goody is quite innocent in all of this situation and look at the story and have a good

What will Jade Goody do right now, err

(Ignore)

Wise

nodisharmony
nodisharmony is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 01:02 PM #6

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

Naa dont believe a word of it tbh
Billy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 01:51 PM #7

This is one of those times that I want my big gob to stay shut and say I will wait and see the truth! BUT I just dont believe that people think they can get away with this kind of thing forever. The one thing we all know is that "ignorance is no defence" when it comes to things like this.
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 06:58 PM #8

I see it appears she has been driving all this time and never actually passed a driving test, so that means she's committed fraud, driving without insurance and driving without a license.
Claiming she passed on a tv show when it was clear she never being stupid is no defence.
Foebane100 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 07:28 PM #9
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Foebane100
I see it appears she has been driving all this time and never actually passed a driving test, so that means she's committed fraud, driving without insurance and driving without a license.
Claiming she passed on a tv show when it was clear she never being stupid is no defence.
It is true Foebane100, that, if Jade Goody has driven without ever passing her driving test, then, she will have a problem.

But

As this is just a Newspaper article, we just have to take it as a maybe at this stage.

However, what I do, is work out something simple. Jade Goody is a very rich multimillionaire and, I am very sure that she can well afford driving lessons and to appear on a programme about driving and NOT have a full driving licence is very unlikely.

I would say that this story is a very flimsy one personally.

nodisharmony
Old 28-05-2007, 08:04 PM #10

This story has several legal implications and I doubt the Sun would allow themselves to become vulnerable to Jades lawyers. It probably is accurate. I don't think a national paper can realistically make up a story about police charges.
If true, then the next problem is that she is dealt with fairly like anyone else, but that varies anyway so there would be much disagreement. Anyone know the going rate for such a situation. I guess someone would get a ban and a hefty fine.?? You see ,I dont' get penalty points so I wouldn't know.Is there a smiley that says i'm lying. lol
J.C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 08:11 PM #11
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by J.C.
This story has several legal implications and I doubt the Sun would allow themselves to become vulnerable to Jades lawyers. It probably is accurate. I don't think a national paper can realistically make up a story about police charges.
If true, then the next problem is that she is dealt with fairly like anyone else, but that varies anyway so there would be much disagreement. Anyone know the going rate for such a situation. I guess someone would get a ban and a hefty fine.?? You see ,I dont' get penalty points so I wouldn't know.Is there a smiley that says i'm lying. lol
I can imagine J.C. that it is highly unlikely that Jade Goody has been driving for years now, with only a provisional licence and having NO insurance as well.

It almost sounds unbelievable??

But, in regards to the Sun Newspaper and "legal implications"

The Newspaper will be very aware of how Jade Goody could sue them for saying a complete and utter lie. However, sometimes stories like this one, end up in these Newspapers who concentrate on scandal & Celebrities.

Whether true or false, The Sun will have it covered, trust me

nodisharmony
Old 28-05-2007, 08:14 PM #12

Ha, serves her right if she gets locked up
how stupid can you get? oh i dont have a liscence but i think ill go driving anyway, its people like that that make you angry Lol
Lil-Lindz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 08:27 PM #13
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil-Lindz
Ha, serves her right if she gets locked up
how stupid can you get? oh i dont have a liscence but i think ill go driving anyway, its people like that that make you angry Lol
We don't know yet Lindz

If the story is definately 100% true? Then it is a bad situation for Jade Goody and she will have no choice, but to accept the fine and the ban too.

I don't condone that action one bit.

I Have a car & insurance, tax & M.O.T & I passed my driving test first time.

I wouldn't dare drive without insurance or even being able to drive. This is why, I can assume quite strongly, that this story is wrong.

It just doesn't fit

nodisharmony
Old 28-05-2007, 08:50 PM #14

Quote:
Originally posted by nodisharmony
Quote:
I can imagine J.C. that it is highly unlikely that Jade Goody has been driving for years now, with only a provisional licence and having NO insurance as well.

It almost sounds unbelievable??

But, in regards to the Sun Newspaper and "legal implications"

The Newspaper will be very aware of how Jade Goody could sue them for saying a complete and utter lie. However, sometimes stories like this one, end up in these Newspapers who concentrate on scandal & Celebrities.

Whether true or false, The Sun will have it covered, trust me

nodisharmony
Having read the sun for far too long I know what you mean by them 'having it covered ',they hardly ever miss a trick .
When I read this, I too thought it can`t be true, because why would a wealthy woman have no insurance, something that potentially could cost her millions in an accident. But to me there may be a reason in that she would not have been able to secure a genuine insurance policy without a genuine full license and this would be a scenario when these two offenses will fit together regardless of your wealth. It is just speculation and I am not wishing to accuse anyone but with all this tv channel fixing etc it just wouldn't surprise me if they made the pass bit up to just to end the program neat and tidy .If it turns out to be untrue then it would reflect very badly on the Sun but if true then Jade has a problem but the film production team may have an even bigger problem. We shall have to wait and see.
Old 28-05-2007, 09:16 PM #15
Banned

Banned

Quote:

Having read the sun for far too long I know what you mean by them 'having it covered ',they hardly ever miss a trick .
When I read this, I too thought it can`t be true, because why would a wealthy woman have no insurance, something that potentially could cost her millions in an accident. But to me there may be a reason in that she would not have been able to secure a genuine insurance policy without a genuine full license and this would be a scenario when these two offenses will fit together regardless of your wealth. It is just speculation and I am not wishing to accuse anyone but with all this tv channel fixing etc it just wouldn't surprise me if they made the pass bit up to just to end the program neat and tidy .If it turns out to be untrue then it would reflect very badly on the Sun but if true then Jade has a problem but the film production team may have an even bigger problem. We shall have to wait and see.
The Sun will naturally have a great team of solicitors and will know the law inside-out. They have absolutely NO choice on that.

I noticed recently how the Sunday People Newspaper printed something about Jade Goody which was incorrect and made a public apology in the same Newspaper. I added that to a past Jade thread. I can't recall what it was about at the moment, but it is there.

As we are all aware, when you are insured for driving a vehicle, you will always get a reminder sent to you, that your next annual car insurance is due. Let us just say, that Jade Goody had left it a bit late and not renewed her premium for the insurance and suddenly she gets stopped by the police, naturally she would have realised that she had not done it.

That is possible??

If you don't have a full driving licence, then you can only drive the vehicle, with someone with a full drivers licence with you in the vehicle. Also, you have to have L - plates on the vehicle to. That is the law.

I can't imagine that Jade Goody would be in this position, in fact, it is unbelievable.

Your other observations are also true, in regards of tarnishing Jade Goody even further.

A pathetic attempt, no doubt

nodisharmony
Old 28-05-2007, 10:26 PM #16

And she could could get done for driving on a Motorway..... that's naughty if you are a learner.
Old 28-05-2007, 10:47 PM #17
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Moon
And she could could get done for driving on a Motorway..... that's naughty if you are a learner.
I agree

If Jade Goody is guilty in this situation, she will pay the price and that is that.

nodisharmony
Old 28-05-2007, 11:00 PM #18

Guess we will have to wait until the 20th of June and this thread can be dragged up from the past.
Old 28-05-2007, 11:12 PM #19
Banned

Banned

That's an idea

I hope we will be debating about BB8 and the new housemates by then.

But in the meantime:-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0358805/

Very little info on Jade Goody/Celebrity Driving School?

Paul O'Grady would have been a good watch

nodisharmony
Old 29-05-2007, 11:15 AM #20

Default BB Jade silent over driving test

From The Sun

SHAMED Big Brother loudmouth Jade Goody was tight-lipped yesterday over police claims she has been lying about passing her driving test.

The Celeb BB race-row star, 25 — nicked in a BMW X5 on the M1 — leaned out of her bedroom window in Ongar, Essex, and yelled: “I’ve got nothing to say.”

Police said: “A 25-year-old woman has been charged with driving with a provisional licence on a motorway and with no insurance.”
Mrluvaluva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 11:21 AM #21
Banned

Banned

hahaha!
Magic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 02:43 PM #22

Quote:
Originally posted by ~~
From The Sun

SHAMED Big Brother loudmouth Jade Goody was tight-lipped yesterday over police claims she has been lying about passing her driving test.

The Celeb BB race-row star, 25 — nicked in a BMW X5 on the M1 — leaned out of her bedroom window in Ongar, Essex, and yelled: “I’ve got nothing to say.”

Police said: “A 25-year-old woman has been charged with driving with a provisional licence on a motorway and with no insurance.”
Wonder what risible excuse she'll trot out for getting caught and lying about why she was in the car,
sick child,
dying friend,...........

chips getting cold.....
Old 29-05-2007, 03:03 PM #23

Quote:
Originally posted by spacebandit
Quote:
Originally posted by ~~
From The Sun

Wonder what risible excuse she'll trot out for getting caught and lying about why she was in the car,
sick child,
dying friend,...........

chips getting cold.....
IT would be very irresponsible of her, but we have to remember
that if she has simply failed to produce her documents as requested, then, in the eyes of the law she would be charged with not owning a licence and insurance, when she still might in fact have them.If she produces them just before the court case then I might start thinking that it was a stunt to enable her to look like a victim who later goes on to be victorious in court by saying yes I have had the documents all along.
Strange as it is, I'm quite interested to see what the truth turns out to be on this .
Old 29-05-2007, 04:04 PM #24
GetReadyToFly

Favourites (more):
BB12 USA: Rachel
Dancing on Ice 2010: Danniella
GetReadyToFly

Favourites (more):
BB12 USA: Rachel
Dancing on Ice 2010: Danniella

Classic Jade!
Ruth*Star is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 04:43 PM #25

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruth.El
Classic Jade!
I wonder.....
If she does turn out to have no licence and insurance, and if she had lost control of her car and hit someone you knew, perhaps hit a car of a family member of yours....would you still post about "classic jade" ?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
jade, lot, trouble