Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 12-06-2018, 10:08 PM #26

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Amanda Barrie
BB18: Chanelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal. View Post
I love Love Island but like, in a couple of years it’s demographic will grow out of it and stop watching.
When the cast are all skinny and there's one or 2 black people thrown in and the maximum age is 29 which viewers think is old then yes I totally agree with you. How long can people relate to the same cast year after year?

Big Brother has a major advantage with a much broader cast which has lasting power...It's been on air for 18 years for a good reason.

Last edited by pontyboi; 12-06-2018 at 10:09 PM.
pontyboi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:49 PM #27

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

I have a feeling that BB will not do too bad this year. I reckon it will get back to it's usual 1.6m (1.2-1.3m overnights). Sure it's not incredible but that's the norm for BB.

Last year flopped hard though. They need to promote the hell of it.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 12:52 AM #28

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** View Post
I have a feeling that BB will not do too bad this year. I reckon it will get back to it's usual 1.6m (1.2-1.3m overnights). Sure it's not incredible but that's the norm for BB.

Last year flopped hard though. They need to promote the hell of it.
Totally agree they need a major marketing campaign (Hopefully it's leaving Channel 5 after they've rinsed it) but they are so dumb they don't even have idents with "BB starts tonight" or "7 days to go" which is the simplest form of promotion and what Love Island do perfectly.

They really need to make this year an event which is one thing BB has over Love Island because there's nothing like a live launch.

It needs that hype of real people who are gonna start real talk from every different background.....None of these models and boring attractive men with no personality who get fast tracked to 1 audition and have an agent.

BB isn't about looks (well it never used to be) in recent years most of the housemates look like glamour models and they literally have no personality.

Its been the most vapid/basic cast for 7 years.....Maybe perfect example: BB12's cast was a mix of the same age and same personalities.

I Really want BB TO LEAVE CHANNEL 5 AND COME BACK FOR ITS 20TH ANNIVERSARY ON CHANNEL 4 IN 2020 TO CELEBRATE 20 YEARS OF bIG bROTHER.

Oh **** left the caps on.....**** it.

Last edited by pontyboi; 13-06-2018 at 12:54 AM.
pontyboi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 03:42 AM #29
Canadian Royalty

Canadian Royalty

At the end of the day BB is NOT Love Island... The worst thing BB ever did was try and emulate other reality shows... They need to focus on key elements that made BB special in the first place and build up from there...
Old 13-06-2018, 09:08 AM #30
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Love Island targetted a very specific demographic and succeeded. Big Brother had a demographic that were reality TV show fans and people watchers. They lost this demographic because it stopped being reality and stopped being about real people, and instead, they just tried to steal Love Islands demographic and failed.
Yeah I would agree with this I think

BB could get popular again possibly if they just stopped the ****ing messing around all of the time and left the format alone, stopped picking models and people with agents constantly, and just put a bit of effort into the show. Also toned down Marcus because there is no need to have him screaming all the time.

I only just started watching love island this series (and have already bingewatched all of series 1 ) and tbh the only reason I am watching is because I am missing reality TV, I wouldn't be watching it at all if BB was on. BB viewers will (or would have been) generally more mature people..given the show is like 20 years old so those who have been with it from the early days will be in their 30s (s0b). Where LI seems targeted at people a lot younger than that. Its possible for both to be successful.

Also I think BB really need to stop focusing on showmances so much. They seems desperate for it, and I know its because they want to steal some of LI viewers but..its not really going to work so just drop that idea. IF LI does fall in ratings (though tbh I don't think that will be for a while) THEN the viewers will come back, but until then...just have BB being bloody BB instead of some weird mix of whatever the producers think might win them a few viewers, be that forced drama, forced romance, or whatever. Just ****ing stick them in a house, give them tasks (NOT who said what tasks ffs) and leave them to it.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 13-06-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 08:44 PM #31
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontyboi View Post
*s he living in the 90's? People don't stay in to watch a live eviction
No-one under like 35 goes out before about 10pm anyway tho

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 11:49 PM #32

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
No-one under like 35 goes out before about 10pm anyway tho
Agreed having just turned 33 (and got id'd today for buying alcohol used for flavour on a BBQ...God im butch!)and that's why we TIVO the episode whilst getting ready to go out and binge watch the next day eating food which will give us diareah.

This man has no idea what he's talking about.

Seriously he probably has a 1999 tv/video combo....God they were awesome BUT STILL he has a 1950's mentality of how tv works these days...He probably grew up in the time when kids all went round to the 1 house who had a tv.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
back, bb, bbwith, chief, crappy, deal, explanation, handed, island, islands, itv2, love, mortimer, paul, pretty, slap, success