Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:48 AM #51
You know my methods

You know my methods

can people who are not agreeing with the article discuss the article and not people who agree with the sentiment ?

lets keep to the debate
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:52 AM #52
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Do you have a spare bed will you offer it to them, pay for private health care, feed,clothe and keep them ?
That makes no kind of sense and it's just another example of the opinion suppression that is running rampant in SD.

You are dehumanising people and if you were in their position, you'd be one of the first to seek asylum in a safe country without a hint of self awareness. These are people, not rats although the way you go on about them, you'd think they were. It's worrying that you have such a blatant disregard and lack of empathy for others, it truly is.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:57 AM #53
-

-

Quote:
Do you have a spare bed will you offer it to them, pay for private health care, feed,clothe and keep them ?
Another oft-relied on piece of extremist nonsense; "If you don't want immigrants IN YOUR BED then you shouldn't want them in your country ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
can people who are not agreeing with the article discuss the article and not people who agree with the sentiment ?

lets keep to the debate
That is the article / debate, as I'm sure you're well aware .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:58 AM #54
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

the funny thing is I'd imagine everybody is against mass migration, but it's the tone in which it is discussed that is sometimes so shocking that it simply cannot be tolerated
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:59 AM #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Based on what?

I've always backed up what I've said with logic or facts. You're just doing what you are accusing me of doing and conveniently forgetting what I've said so you can overwrite it with your own fiction.
Yeah - like the hysterical 'Killer Gets Death Row Because He's Gay' thread and others which I cannot be bothered to list.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:00 PM #56

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
A derogatory comment based on nothing but prejudice tbh.

You know it's bad when people are starting to demonise immigrants who are fleeing for their lives....
Just because the goverments or media dont or wont address the glaringly obvious fact about missing women and kids it doesnt mean i will.

So all i can go by is the testements from women and kids who are living in these areas that people are fleeing...lots are describing rape, torture and mutilation.....so for me a coward would leave their family behind to face this...hence they should **** off home and help, instead of running away...
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:03 PM #57
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Yeah - like the hysterical 'Killer Gets Death Row Because He's Gay' thread and others which I cannot be bothered to list.
Again, selective memory.

I just wanted it to be investigated and it was. I never said that it was true, just that it was an outrage if it was (I was trying to make people understand WHY it would be an outrage if it was true) and that I wanted the truth to come to light. Which it did.

I think you've just shown that, like so many others in that thread, you completely missed the point in your quest to score points.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:03 PM #58
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Another oft-relied on piece of extremist nonsense; "If you don't want immigrants IN YOUR BED then you shouldn't want them in your country ".

That is the article / debate, as I'm sure you're well aware .
dont you start TS you started the whole debacle with a post full of made up supposition

There's a fundamental misunderstanding, really, that anyone who is against mistreatment if human beings "wants open borders and to let anyone in!!!"

(says you but who are are you actually talking about? - all you was lump one side of the argument into one and then slag off that side for doing the same thing)

You don't have to be vicious about it.

(Again who is, who are you actually talking about and how does it relate to the article?)

The jeering, spitefulness and hatred directed at migrants themselves is completely unnecessary.

(again, nothing about the article and no mention where this hails from)

No it's not possible for the world to move to Europe and solutions need to be found... But if it was any of us in one of these struggling countries, we would be doing the exact same thing.

(you have no idea at all if that would be true and it would be impossible to try and attempt to equte)

We don't have to abandon empathy and compassion in order to control our borders. People can be turned away considerately without resorting to bleating "nyyyeeeerrrrrr dirty get back to yer own country!!".

Once again you are not addressing the article but some sort of fictitious UKIP fringe meeting in your head

One big strawman after another TS. Poor show
Old 05-07-2018, 12:05 PM #59
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Just because the goverments or media dont or wont address the glaringly obvious fact about missing women and kids it doesnt mean i will.

So all i can go by is the testements from women and kids who are living in these areas that people are fleeing...lots are describing rape, torture and mutilation.....so for me a coward would leave their family behind to face this...hence they should **** off home and help, instead of running away...
Misleading pictures and opinion pieces rarely reflect the truth of the matter. It's just meant to bait people with horrific confirmation bias to read the article.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:10 PM #60
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
They are not they are lied to by traffickers about a land of milk and honey and not told of any danger

these people dont subscribe to ABTA you know and they are not on TripAdvisor
ok
Old 05-07-2018, 12:15 PM #61
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
So unless Dezzy is willing to offer accommodation to immigrants he must talk about them like they're not even human beings? I don't see your logic here at all Chuff
IMO the people who spout "Fill the country up with them " are the ones less likely to keep one so they are not a burden on the taxpayer ,or dole wallers who dont pay the tax used to prop up the NHS that is struggling
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:16 PM #62

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Misleading pictures and opinion pieces rarely reflect the truth of the matter. It's just meant to bait people with horrific confirmation bias to read the article.
Why do you always resort back to the dead child on the beach?
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:16 PM #63
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That makes no kind of sense and it's just another example of the opinion suppression that is running rampant in SD.

You are dehumanising people and if you were in their position, you'd be one of the first to seek asylum in a safe country without a hint of self awareness. These are people, not rats although the way you go on about them, you'd think they were. It's worrying that you have such a blatant disregard and lack of empathy for others, it truly is.
You dodged my question
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:18 PM #64
-

-

There's a fundamental misunderstanding, really, that anyone who is against mistreatment if human beings "wants open borders and to let anyone in!!!"

(says you but who are are you actually talking about? - all you was lump one side of the argument into one and then slag off that side for doing the same thing)

Whoever decided to headline the article "Liberals Have Lost The Argument", which you then used as your thread title. For liberals to have "lost the argument", it must then be being assumed that the "liberal argument" is that "free-for-all immigration is OK". Which is a fundamental misunderstanding. Clearer?

(Again who is, who are you actually talking about and how does it relate to the article?)

Plenty of people on this thread. Even more people on this forum since the beginning of the "migrant crisis" (the viciousness on this thread is not surprising or unexpected, put it that way).

The jeering, spitefulness and hatred directed at migrants themselves is completely unnecessary.

(again, nothing about the article and no mention where this hails from)

See above. But also the thinly-veiled use of "liberals" as a slur in the article. The author may as well have written "libtards".

No it's not possible for the world to move to Europe and solutions need to be found... But if it was any of us in one of these struggling countries, we would be doing the exact same thing.

(you have no idea at all if that would be true and it would be impossible to try and attempt to equte)

If someone's life was at immediate risk (whether directly or indirectly through extreme poverty) in the UK and they WOULDN'T try to make it to another country, then that person is an idiot. Maybe I'm overestimating people by thinking they would? Maybe they really would just sit here in the dust saying "Well they don't want too many migrants so guess I'll just die.".

Though I apologise if I've overestimated people's intelligence and survival instinct on that one .

We don't have to abandon empathy and compassion in order to control our borders. People can be turned away considerately without resorting to bleating "nyyyeeeerrrrrr dirty get back to yer own country!!".

Once again you are not addressing the article but some sort of fictitious UKIP fringe meeting in your head

Again, we've all been on here for years and I'm going to consider any attempt to suggest that the above doesn't happen frequently on here - including in this thread where immigrants have been dehumanised to the point of being universally branded as rapists - to be a bare-faced lie.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:24 PM #65
You know my methods

You know my methods

Again, we've all been on here for years and I'm going to consider any attempt to suggest that the above doesn't happen frequently on here - including in this thread where immigrants have been dehumanised to the point of being universally branded as rapists - to be a bare-faced lie.[/QUOTE]

then address individual members and dont try and tar everyone with the same brush because it comes across as VS

and this article hangs that position out to dry rather well
Old 05-07-2018, 12:36 PM #66
-

-

Quote:
IMO the people who spout "Fill the country up with them " are the ones less likely to keep one so they are not a burden on the taxpayer ,or dole wallers who dont pay the tax used to prop up the NHS that is struggling
Literally no one thinks this or has said this. No one. Quick LT - tell Chuff off for this ridiculous strawman!

...hmm?

...You only tell people off if they disagree with your general stance?

That's not very balanced is it .

Quote:
Again, we've all been on here for years and I'm going to consider any attempt to suggest that the above doesn't happen frequently on here - including in this thread where immigrants have been dehumanised to the point of being universally branded as rapists - to be a bare-faced lie.
then address individual members and dont try and tar everyone with the same brush because it comes across as VS

and this article hangs that position out to dry rather well[/QUOTE]

The article blanket-terms an entire unspecified group as "Liberals!" and then goes on to explain how "they" (all of them, I assume) have "got it wrong".

#U Started It
Old 05-07-2018, 12:45 PM #67
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
what if it's not about crews or cliques? but just saying what's is right and wrong

I see you timidly posted somewhere that you'd like for the UK to remain the member of the EU. I praised your independence, but I wonder if it's gone unnoticed by your "crew"
And he loves Wee Nic as much as the next Scotsman but he keeps in on the down-low
Old 05-07-2018, 12:49 PM #68
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Ok but Dezzy has never said anything like you're suggesting though?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:56 PM #69
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
And he loves Wee Nic as much as the next Scotsman but he keeps in on the down-low
Doesn't he realize many in England hate her guts because they're jealous they don't have a leader like her? That plus the fact she stands up for Scotland?
English arrogance and pettiness exposed.
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:00 PM #70
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I'm going to delete some posts in here, lets drop the Dezzy discussion now please

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:02 PM #71
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

sure Niamh

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:02 PM #72
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Anyway, i don't have a problem with genuine refugees or immigrants, i'm just not keen on the illegal variety.

Last edited by Niamh.; 05-07-2018 at 01:03 PM. Reason: removed off topic comment
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:57 PM #73
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Except nobody is actually saying that, least of all me. You've taken a statement that doesn't apply to anyone and you've tried to put it on views you disagree with in order to discredit them without making the effort to form a valid argument.

Your extreme rhetoric when it comes to people opening their homes or shutting up about immigration makes no sense either.

I think you need read what people have actually wrote, not disregard it and replace it with what you wanted them to have written.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:06 PM #74

Quote:

No.

We shouldn't have open borders, it's impossible to accept all asylum seekers let alone other immigrants. That's true. Here's the thing though;

The jeering, spitefulness and hatred directed at migrants themselves is completely unnecessary. No it's not possible for the world to move to Europe and solutions need to be found... But if it was any of us in one of these struggling countries, we would be doing the exact same thing.

Its much more simple
Get in line.
Stop jumping the line
Entering on Smugglers Illegal money making boats.
Yes they pay the criminals its what some mother's tell them.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:10 PM #75
User banned

User banned

Quote:
A derogatory comment based on nothing but prejudice tbh.

You know it's bad when people are starting to demonise immigrants who are fleeing for their lives....
Most aren’t though are they - more dramatics. Most are economic migrants NOT ‘refugees fleeing for their lives’. Can you not distinguish between the two! In fact the former are responsible for the latter getting such a negative welcome, by abusing the refugee crisis to their own ends.

It is also fact that parts of Germany and Sweden, for example, occupied by immigrants are pretty much no-go areas now even for the police. The gratitude hey!
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
argument, crisis, liberals, lost, migrant