Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:20 AM #26
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Hence you wanting to shove it does the throats of others peoples’ children at such a young age. Ripe for the picking hey!

Parent power I say. Parenthood, young children and associated issues like this are like anything else and people discussing such issues need to be coming from a position of actual experience.

Where did all that hate for Trump, May, Mogg etc come from I wonder - as if anyone is so pure and innocent - definitely not those on the Left
...I don’t understand though, Brillo...it’s not ‘shoving’ anything...to say that people love each other..(..in a romantic love...)...is a fact, which is conveyed to children from birth in so many ways...to say that ...for instance...here are two males and they love each other is conveying a fact...as well as two females...those are all facts...so it’s just teaching a child love...(..in TV series for instance...)...which is often done anyway in stories and has always been done...prince meets princess for instance and then at the end of the story they live happily ever after because they fall in love...it’s not always a prince and princess though is it...?...sometimes it’s two princes and sometimes it would be two princesses...that’s just informing children of life and of love and of reality...it’s not shoving anything or taking away any innocence because nothing sexual is involved any more than it is now in things like ‘falling in love and getting married’ Disney movies and the like...

...if we withhold facts from children, if we make them taboo to be shown...?...then what happens if that child is homosexual and they grow up feeling that homosexual is something bad and something wrong....something ‘not normal’...that has to change from past mindsets and society judgements and prejudices...and TV, movies, books etc are good place to begin I feel....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:31 AM #27
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
never heard of it
I don't think you're the target audience luv

armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:34 AM #28
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand.kay View Post
No - the young and innocent are luv!
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:35 AM #29
baddie

Favourites (more):

baddie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You can get raped in a big city or a small country town on a night out period if you are female. You can get battered for anything. Why is it any different being gay?
this isn't good either it's not a competition lol...

Old 08-07-2018, 08:36 AM #30
baddie

Favourites (more):

baddie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No - the young and innocent are luv!
And the scene is very innocent and appropriate for children. Whats your point?

Old 08-07-2018, 08:43 AM #31
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...I don’t understand though, Brillo...it’s not ‘shoving’ anything...to say that people love each other..(..in a romantic love...)...is a fact, which is conveyed to children from birth in so many ways...to say that ...for instance...here are two males and they love each other is conveying a fact...as well as two females...those are all facts...so it’s just teaching a child love...(..in TV series for instance...)...which is often done anyway in stories and has always been done...prince meets princess for instance and then at the end of the story they live happily ever after because they fall in love...it’s not always a prince and princess though is it...?...sometimes it’s two princes and sometimes it would be two princesses...that’s just informing children of life and of love and of reality...it’s not shoving anything or taking away any innocence because nothing sexual is involved any more than it is now in things like ‘falling in love and getting married’ Disney movies and the like...

...if we withhold facts from children, if we make them taboo to be shown...?...then what happens if that child is homosexual and they grow up feeling that homosexual is something bad and something wrong....something ‘not normal’...that has to change from past mindsets and society judgements and prejudices...and TV, movies, books etc are good place to begin I feel....
Many parents don’t though. Secondary school fine - toddlers and young children not so fine. Let children be children and keep their innocence for a few years before they learn about grown-up stuff. It’s preciously short as it is.

Look how gay rights have come on - that’s because most young people are ok with it today. Why do we need to push it on to such young children - they will get the message at secondary school. Sorry Ammi I simply see no need for it.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:46 AM #32
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
no as its a kiddies show luv I guess i am not....
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:58 AM #33
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Many parents don’t though. Secondary school fine - toddlers and young children not so fine. Let children be children and keep their innocence for a few years before they learn about grown-up stuff. It’s preciously short as it is.

Look how gay rights have come on - that’s because most young people are ok with it today. Why do we need to push it on to such young children - they will get the message at secondary school. Sorry Ammi I simply see no need for it.
...I genuinely don’t understand what love has to do with innocence though, Brillo...what other message will a child get from being shown love, than love...?...many, many pre school children are shown Disney movies and many of those movies portray love...isn’t that the only message here that a child is being given..?...then is nothing else to it...to only show love between a male and a female ‘as the thing’ is surely lying to a child or concealing some truth from them, filtering the truth...perpetrating falsehoods..?...
Old 08-07-2018, 09:00 AM #34
You know my methods

You know my methods

I guess its progress and the modern thing to do but i hope that they state that same sex marriage is a very tiny percentage of all marriage and that being gay is only say 4 % of all people and stick to facts then kids will be like ok no big deal?
Old 08-07-2018, 09:05 AM #35
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I do agree with you, Brillo...that explaining or showing things that develop education which are sex related do come later...it all has to be age appropriate...and an individual parent will decide age appropriate for some things for their child...but love and marriage etc are not age appropriate things....
Old 08-07-2018, 09:08 AM #36
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...lol...’will you marry me please to help raise that statistic and make it 4.000000000001...is just not that romantic of a proposal I don’t think......

...let’s keep it relatable to love and romance which is what it’s about...
Old 08-07-2018, 09:32 AM #37
User banned

User banned

Quote:
..I do agree with you, Brillo...that explaining or showing things that develop education which are sex related do come later...it all has to be age appropriate...and an individual parent will decide age appropriate for some things for their child...but love and marriage etc are not age appropriate things....
But adult relationships, be it marriage or civil partnerships are based on sex - they are directly related - you can’t separate the two. It sometimes feels that some people, and I don’t mean all gay people, just some people, are trying to mould young fragile minds and steer them into their way of thinking - start with the ostensibly innocent act of slipping gay love into cartoons and then the rest when they get to secondary school.

It’s natural to want to protect the young and vulnerable and not expose them to outside influences from things they don’t need to understand so young. Just make it clear love is about loving and caring for everyone. I think we are making things too complicated too young.

Last edited by Brillopad; 08-07-2018 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:40 AM #38
baddie

Favourites (more):

baddie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
But adult relationships, be it marriage or civil partnerships are based on sex - they are directly related - you can’t separate the two. It sometimes feels that some people, and I don’t mean all gay people, just some people, are trying to mould young fragile minds and steer them into their way of thinking - start with the ostensibly innocent act of slipping gay love into cartoons and then the rest when they get to secondary school.

It’s natural to want to protect the young and vulnerable and not expose them to outside influences from things they don’t need to understand so young. Just make it clear love is about loving and caring for everyone. I think we are making things too complicated too young.
so if you were to have a gay couple in your family you would just hide them away from your children?

Old 08-07-2018, 09:45 AM #39
User banned

User banned

Quote:
so if you were to have a gay couple in your family you would just hide them away from your children?
No. In that situation it would need to be explained to the child by the parents in the simplest possible way. You answer according to the questions asked using a bit of commonsense. That doesn’t mean all children need to understand so young.

Last edited by Brillopad; 08-07-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:46 AM #40
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
But adult relationships, be it marriage or civil partnerships are based on sex - they are directly related - you can’t separate the two.
So does that mean any form of marriage or relationship should be hidden from kids' shows?

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:48 AM #41
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
So does that mean any form of marriage or relationship should be hidden from kids' shows?
Don’t try and railroad me Oliver - you know exactly what I mean.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:56 AM #42
User banned

User banned

Quote:
this isn't good either it's not a competition lol...
No it isn’t but I am just pointing out that gay people are unlikely to be at any more risk than many other groups of people.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:56 AM #43
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
...lol...’will you marry me please to help raise that statistic and make it 4.000000000001...is just not that romantic of a proposal I don’t think......

...let’s keep it relatable to love and romance which is what it’s about...
no lets stick to facts
Old 08-07-2018, 10:10 AM #44
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

if relationships stuff is all sex then let's ban most of the fairy tales
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:22 AM #45
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
I guess its progress and the modern thing to do but i hope that they state that same sex marriage is a very tiny percentage of all marriage and that being gay is only say 4 % of all people and stick to facts then kids will be like ok no big deal?
I completely agree with this. Obviously feelings of love are difficult for children to understand whereas the mathematical discipline of statistics is a walk in the park. Hopefully cartoon network will throw in some linear algebra and stochastic analysis to accompany a scene in which a moving drawing of a person proposes to another moving drawing of a person.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:38 AM #46
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
if relationships stuff is all sex then let's ban most of the fairy tales
The ‘consummation’ of a marriage/relationship speaks volumes.

Last edited by Brillopad; 08-07-2018 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:44 AM #47
baddie

Favourites (more):

baddie

Favourites (more):

I just don't see how movies like shreak or bea movie where a human falls in love with a non human character is less damaging to children than this is.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:02 AM #48
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

..I honestly still don’t understand, Brillo...is Cinderella and Prince Charming..(..for instance..)...not an adult relationship...not an adult portrayal of falling in love...where was the sex in that...?...where did we say, no that’s not ok to portray love to children because we will make them think of sex if we do that...?...what would be the difference on TV or in a movie or a book etc...if the two people were of the same sex...it’s still love and it’s still an age appropriate portrayal of love..?...children see parental displays of love as a natural thing, the holding of hands, the hugs, the kisses etc...because love doesn’t display anything sexual between two people...?...
Old 08-07-2018, 11:10 AM #49
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...What if a a small child were to say ‘I have two daddies’ or ‘I have a papa and a daddy, I don’t have a mummy, like you do’....would we say...well yes that’s lovely, some people do have a mummy and a daddy and some people have a papa and daddy and that’s perfectly normal, we’re all unique families, type thing...or would we say...shhhhh now, we don’t talk about that, we don’t address that, that’s a ‘taboo subject’...you’ll find out when you’re older and able to understand it...’but I do understand it because I have them, that’s what I have...a daddy and a papa...’.....what’s to understand...?....
Old 08-07-2018, 11:36 AM #50
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

I don't have a problem with gay people, the way I see it I could of easily been gay.

Within in gay community there are lyers cheats thiefs and murderers who kill other gay people.

Being gay does not give you the right to preach to non gays that your life is anymore important than anyone else.

Children are sponges they soak up what's being said to them.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
airs, cartoon, children, gay, marriage, network, proposal, show, tv