Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 09-08-2018, 07:25 AM #1

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke
Default Extreme Christians let child die

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/08/extre...r-7812281/amp/

What is wrong with some people? Where is the compassion in their brand of religion. You do wonder what gets people into the mindset to do this.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:36 AM #2
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

It's sad but johavas witnesses have been doing this for years by refusing blood transfusions as its against their religion.

At least they are being prosecuted for it.

We have the worst so called justice system in the world when it comes to child abuse and neglect
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:39 AM #3
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

It's funny neglect an animal and you could get banned for life against having another one, neglect a child and you are free to have more to neg

Last edited by thesheriff443; 09-08-2018 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:05 AM #4

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Where does it say they were Jehovahs Witnesses? Wasn't it was actually about distrust of the American system - a system where money gets you treatment, lack of money gets your family split up. remember the British guy who took his kid abroad for treatment after UK doctors wanted to let the kid die? and the kid made good recovery once treated abroad using methods the NHS said would almost certainly end with failure? remember how the NHS called the police on the guy, remember how much the media portrayed him to be a criminal, a kidnapper, a father putting his kid's life in danger? remember how in the end the guy risked his freedom, everything he owns, his entire life so he could give his kid a better life? Are they being accused of deliberately starving and neglecting her ? if they are proved to be guilty of that then yes prosecute.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:12 AM #5

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

Favourites (more):

Im not having people slagging off jehovahs witnesses on here as i am one and i know for a fact(i have two young kids) we dont let our children die, a principle in the bible is to abstain from blood so yes we dont have blood transfusions but we accept many other forms of treatments which aree safe and actually advised as being safer by medical experts so much so that people who arent witnesses opt for these procedures too. We have raised money towards other procedures for not just witnesses to use but others too. We care very very much about life which is why as a religion we always are one of the first to help in disaster zones not just our own people but everyone involved. So no we dont let people die we really dont

Nowwhere does this say they were witnesses and we would never allow our children to die in this way its disgusting and completely different these people did this on purppse because of their own views not by sticking to a bible principle. So dont dare come for jehovahs witnesses
Old 09-08-2018, 08:13 AM #6
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

They didnt seek any form of help when their kid appeared ill. That is neglect, and no amount of excuses changes that
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:32 AM #7
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Where does it say they were Jehovahs Witnesses? Wasn't it was actually about distrust of the American system - a system where money gets you treatment, lack of money gets your family split up. remember the British guy who took his kid abroad for treatment after UK doctors wanted to let the kid die? and the kid made good recovery once treated abroad using methods the NHS said would almost certainly end with failure? remember how the NHS called the police on the guy, remember how much the media portrayed him to be a criminal, a kidnapper, a father putting his kid's life in danger? remember how in the end the guy risked his freedom, everything he owns, his entire life so he could give his kid a better life? Are they being accused of deliberately starving and neglecting her ? if they are proved to be guilty of that then yes prosecute.
They are not johavas
Old 09-08-2018, 08:34 AM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
They are not johavas
Well its Jehovahs.

And no they are not so get your facts straight before you accuse us of letting our children die
Old 09-08-2018, 08:35 AM #9
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeyJake10 View Post
Im not having people slagging off jehovahs witnesses on here as i am one and i know for a fact(i have two young kids) we dont let our children die, a principle in the bible is to abstain from blood so yes we dont have blood transfusions but we accept many other forms of treatments which aree safe and actually advised as being safer by medical experts so much so that people who arent witnesses opt for these procedures too. We have raised money towards other procedures for not just witnesses to use but others too. We care very very much about life which is why as a religion we always are one of the first to help in disaster zones not just our own people but everyone involved. So no we dont let people die we really dont

Nowwhere does this say they were witnesses and we would never allow our children to die in this way its disgusting and completely different these people did this on purppse because of their own views not by sticking to a bible principle. So dont dare come for jehovahs witnesses
If the only way to save your child's life was for them to have a blood transfusion would you let them have one?
Old 09-08-2018, 08:39 AM #10
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Well its Jehovahs.

And no they are not so get your facts straight before you accuse us of letting our children die
I knew they where not witnesses, I read case before were a mother died after giving birth because her husband and family would not give permission for her to have a transfusion because it's against their beliefs
Old 09-08-2018, 08:40 AM #11

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Removing myself from this thread.

Pair of scumbags...even if it was because of them being jehovahs, surely you would still take your judgement before god and save your kid.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:41 AM #12
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Totally serious now, would a witness have blood from another witness ?
Old 09-08-2018, 08:44 AM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Hangine about first to see if shakey replies to sherrifs question.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:44 AM #14

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Well its not the only way as of saving their life as their are hundreds of other ways and I would try all of this first and it would take a lot of courage but i would stick to Gods advice. If it was me being in the situation and I would doe if the only thinh that would save me was blood then i would make the decision not to have one yes. When it comes to a child who isnt old enough to make their own decision then yes I would let them have it but it does go against what the bible says. But we do sanctify life. So much so that we dont over excess on alcohol or take drugs things which would harm the body and blood sometimes has harmful diseases in it. We also believe in everlasting life after resurrection so thats one of the principles we put our courage in. None of you will understand as your not in my situation and haven't learnt the things I have. Its hard to understand but I have faith I dont expect any of you to agree with it. I just wanted to say these people are not witnesses I know that for a fact and yes they let their child die for no reason they didnt choose any form of help whereas we would choose hundreds of alternatives first
Old 09-08-2018, 08:46 AM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

So you would make the decision to give the child a blood transfusion just cause they cant make up thier own mind..but refuse one for one that can?
Old 09-08-2018, 08:54 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

We seek the best possible medical care for ourselves and our families. When we have health problems, we go to doctors who have skill in providing medical and surgical care without blood. We appreciate advancements that have been made in the medical field. In fact, bloodless treatments developed to help Witness patients are now being used to benefit all in the community. In many countries, any patient can now choose to avoid blood-transfusion risks, such as blood-borne diseases, immune-system reactions, and human errors. Surgeons regularly perform such complex procedures as heart operations, orthopedic surgery, and organ transplants without the use of blood transfusions. Patients, including children, who do not receive transfusions usually fare as well as or better than those who do accept transfusions. In any case, no one can say for certain that a patient will die because of refusing blood or will live because of accepting it. This is a religious issue rather than a medical one. Both the Old and New Testaments clearly command us to abstain from blood. (Genesis 9:4; Leviticus 17:10; Deuteronomy 12:23; Acts 15:28, 29) Also, God views blood as representing life. (Leviticus 17:14) So we avoid taking blood not only in obedience to God but also out of respect for him as the Giver of life.
At one time, the medical community generally viewed strategies for avoiding transfusions, so-called bloodless medicine, as extreme, even suicidal, but this has changed in recent years. For example, in 2004, an article published in a medical education journal stated that “many of the techniques developed for use in Jehovah’s Witness patients will become standard practice in years to come.”* An article in the journal Heart, Lung and Circulation said in 2010 that “‘bloodless surgery’ should not be limited to Jehovahs witnesses but should form an integral part of everyday surgical practice.”

Thousands of doctors worldwide now use blood-conservation techniques to perform complex surgeries without transfusions. Such alternatives to blood transfusions are used even in developing countries and are requested by many patients who are not Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:02 AM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I have neighbours who are Witnesses ,they are lovely people,I asked once about the blood transfusion and they said that we only hear stories of where transfused blood saves lives,we don't hear the stories of blood that actually kills people and infects them,so I do see that point of things.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:28 AM #18
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
I have neighbours who are Witnesses ,they are lovely people,I asked once about the blood transfusion and they said that we only hear stories of where transfused blood saves lives,we don't hear the stories of blood that actually kills people and infects them,so I do see that point of things.
if people are at the point where they need a transfusion they are usually dead if they don't get it, so its not a very strong argument i think. Yes, there have been cases of contaminated blood, but they are always well documented. People getting aids and hepatitis are well known and in the public domain for example.

Not being a religious person, i find it extremely difficult to condone not saving life on any grounds when there is a clear opportunity to do so and quality of life can be improved.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:38 AM #19
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
We seek the best possible medical care for ourselves and our families. When we have health problems, we go to doctors who have skill in providing medical and surgical care without blood. We appreciate advancements that have been made in the medical field. In fact, bloodless treatments developed to help Witness patients are now being used to benefit all in the community. In many countries, any patient can now choose to avoid blood-transfusion risks, such as blood-borne diseases, immune-system reactions, and human errors. Surgeons regularly perform such complex procedures as heart operations, orthopedic surgery, and organ transplants without the use of blood transfusions. Patients, including children, who do not receive transfusions usually fare as well as or better than those who do accept transfusions. In any case, no one can say for certain that a patient will die because of refusing blood or will live because of accepting it. This is a religious issue rather than a medical one. Both the Old and New Testaments clearly command us to abstain from blood. (Genesis 9:4; Leviticus 17:10; Deuteronomy 12:23; Acts 15:28, 29) Also, God views blood as representing life. (Leviticus 17:14) So we avoid taking blood not only in obedience to God but also out of respect for him as the Giver of life.
At one time, the medical community generally viewed strategies for avoiding transfusions, so-called bloodless medicine, as extreme, even suicidal, but this has changed in recent years. For example, in 2004, an article published in a medical education journal stated that “many of the techniques developed for use in Jehovah’s Witness patients will become standard practice in years to come.”* An article in the journal Heart, Lung and Circulation said in 2010 that “‘bloodless surgery’ should not be limited to Jehovahs witnesses but should form an integral part of everyday surgical practice.”

Thousands of doctors worldwide now use blood-conservation techniques to perform complex surgeries without transfusions. Such alternatives to blood transfusions are used even in developing countries and are requested by many patients who are not Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Do you wear clothing woven of 2 kinds of material?
Old 09-08-2018, 12:06 PM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I am retiring myself from this conversation I have made valid points some of you agree some of you don’t and never will. That’s what religion is it’s a persons own faith and I don’t wish to have people make a joke of my religion such as the post above no clearly I don’t wear 2 woven materials as the mosaic law is no longer in place but abstaining from blood is still a command in place. I simply started to speak up as I didn’t want anyone to think these people that let their children die as they didn’t want any medical help clearly aren’t witnesses as I have made it clear the lengths we go to for medical help. I think it’s a touchy subject where people will try and taunt me and I don’t think an entertainment forum is the time or the place to discuss these matters and I shouldn’t have started speaking that’s my own fault I simply wanted to make the point that people were to quick to assume
Old 09-08-2018, 12:13 PM #21
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
I am retiring myself from this conversation I have made valid points some of you agree some of you don’t and never will. That’s what religion is it’s a persons own faith and I don’t wish to have people make a joke of my religion such as the post above no clearly I don’t wear 2 woven materials as the mosaic law is no longer in place but abstaining from blood is still a command in place. I simply started to speak up as I didn’t want anyone to think these people that let their children die as they didn’t want any medical help clearly aren’t witnesses as I have made it clear the lengths we go to for medical help. I think it’s a touchy subject where people will try and taunt me and I don’t think an entertainment forum is the time or the place to discuss these matters and I shouldn’t have started speaking that’s my own fault I simply wanted to make the point that people were to quick to assume
you have every right to let us hear your opinion, and this anyway isn't a entertainment section of the forum but serious debates section, but if you find it too personal, maybe you can open a topic about it on the private chat section if you do want to discuss it

cause you do give us good information about this subject, and made it clear that other people were to quick to assume their own judgement about jehovah's witnesses without knowing proper details and information

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 12:21 PM #22
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):

Yeah that's abuse and they should definitely have jail time.

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 12:36 PM #23
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
People mock and make jokes about everyone else's beliefs constantly. God can look after himself, he's dealt out some pretty harsh punishments during the 10,000 years the earth has existed, so I think he'll be ok with me asking about which biblical laws you choose to ignore or follow.

Anyone can mock my fundamental moral or political beliefs without issue. I'm confident in the evidence that leads me to my personal justification, without me having to flounce when I don't like a point being made.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:45 PM #24
Banned

Banned

I think this thread's a good example that people don't tend to read the article in threads like this. The assumption that they are Jehovah's witnesses have been fuelled by the misreading of Sheriff's post. He was providing an example of religious beliefs getting in the way of medical treatment, not saying the people in question were Jehovah's witnesses.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 12:45 PM #25
iconic

Favourites (more):
iconic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
People mock and make jokes about everyone else's beliefs constantly. God can look after himself, he's dealt out some pretty harsh punishments during the 10,000 years the earth has existed, so I think he'll be ok with me asking about which biblical laws you choose to ignore or follow.

Anyone can mock my fundamental moral or political beliefs without issue. I'm confident in the evidence that leads me to my personal justification, without me having to flounce when I don't like a point being made.
oh

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote