Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 14-08-2018, 10:50 PM #26

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Are you REALLY being serious, Goldheart?

One can be both anti-Semitic AND a terrorist sympathiser and scheming bastard Corbyn has proved to be BOTH over decades in politics.

Like Livia, I am bewildered how ANYONE in this country can continue to defend this slimeball.

We NEED a Labour Party - one which honestly and fairly represents the best interests of the poorer classes of society as well as the United Kingdom in general, and one which offers a GENUINE alternative to the Conservatives.

Labour as it now does NEITHER and Corbyn and his REAL motives for wanting power is responsible for a large part of just WHY Labour is NOT fit to form a Government.

He is a ****ing disgrace.
People are fickle AF I remember the OTT praise Corbyn got when he became labour leader , they even started complimenting his son saying he looks like a "Hollywood actor & model" .

And they treated Corbyn like superman , wow how things have turned predictable much .

The point I'm making is what ever Corbyn does he's now slated, and this hate campaign against him is happening while sweeping under the rug all Teresa May's dirty antics .

I don't believe Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser one bit, he never said he was laying a wreath for terrorists, he said he was paying his respects to the victims.

I'm not saying Corbyn is perfect, after all the guy is human but it just makes me laugh how quickly the media and everyone has turned against him , when not long ago people were treating him like a hero . I know opinions change but jeeeez ! .
Old 15-08-2018, 12:50 AM #27
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
People are fickle AF I remember the OTT praise Corbyn got when he became labour leader , they even started complimenting his son saying he looks like a "Hollywood actor & model" .

And they treated Corbyn like superman , wow how things have turned predictable much .

The point I'm making is what ever Corbyn does he's now slated, and this hate campaign against him is happening while sweeping under the rug all Teresa May's dirty antics .

I don't believe Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser one bit, he never said he was laying a wreath for terrorists, he said he was paying his respects to the victims.

I'm not saying Corbyn is perfect, after all the guy is human but it just makes me laugh how quickly the media and everyone has turned against him , when not long ago people were treating him like a hero . I know opinions change but jeeeez ! .
While I do see your point (particularly the first three paragraphs) about the extremes of media coverage, as I understand the article, he laid the wreath for the attackers and posed over their grave sites?... maybe he laid a wreath for the victims as well, but that hardly matters for those who feel the first action was unacceptable.

The other point to be made is he felt the need to leave out the pertinent bits about his actions regarding the wreath. I understand wanting to dovetail a controversy, but he inevitably fueled it when he decided rather than cop to what had transpired, he would render misleading statement(s) instead.

Quote:
Jeremy Corbyn has admitted attending a ceremony for the terrorists behind the Munich massacre, but denied laying a wreath himself.

The Labour leader said he was “present” at a memorial event commemorating those responsible for the 1972 attack, despite his office previously insisting he was only at the event in question honouring Palestinians killed in an Israeli air strike.
Wreath laying photos and placements
Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti..._campaign=1490

Even it is clear what he said, but if his actions aren't as clear as his words, then his detractors are going to tend to focus on the bits that don't add up...

My general thoughts on this story:

We in the US as well are having issues with Anti-Semitic-ism and other forms of racism. So it is understandable if folk there would prefer not to see the culture go further our direction when it comes to this. So I think it makes sense to want to map out an opposition party that doesn't cater to either. I wouldn't say that condemnation here is often now reciprocal enough. Certain forms of racism and discrimination go under the radar often here, but it just seems as an outsider that the UK is better about dealing with both sides of the equation when it comes to race-relations? Whereas our focus is very minute one and often one-sided... very politics-driven.

Though admittedly, this notion of governing all race relations from our own cultural perspective is getting a bit hairy. Yes, we should condemn all forms, but we can't operate in such a way that we attempt to domineer relations between members of groups we the individual don't reside in...

In Corbyn's case however, he will potentially be the PM and will govern policy. So it is important he is on the right page morally. Granted that page is more difficult to find now when both sides are growing further and further apart when it comes to the overall moral spectrum. So yeah, endless smear campaigns as both sides attempt to shame-boast their moral opponents into a political oblivion ... so while one side argues this means nothing, the other would argue it means everything, etc...

But yeah, this constant muck-muck campaign is getting old fast... so I'm on board with your primary point. However, Corbyn potentially being PM, it would not be good if he were to be elected and only sided with certain groups... I'd prefer we had a lame duck President than one that only worries about one side of the political equation... and we haven't had that kind of leader in a really long time it feels like...
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 06:31 AM #28
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Hmm. He is at far too many of these things, that's fairly clear. On the other hand - I don't think he actually "supports terrorist action" - I think he genuinely believes what he's saying (that he wants to see cycles of violence end) and he actually believes that he's going about it the right way. However I think there are some major glaring flaws in his logic... And also at this point, Labour definitely needs a new leader.

But then... They all need to go tbqfh. We're in major need of a clean slate in British politics... The likes of BoJo and cronies need to **** off too and let us enter a new and hopefully better era of politics.
..yeah I think basically this...it is interesting how Corbyn has become such a perceived ‘hero/saviour’ type leader...and I think it’s because the western world is becoming more and more right wing in its views, so it’s a pulling back from that possibly..?..but then pulling back too far left when centre is more the thing the most people want...both right and left viewed people..?...and he’s not the person to achieve any type of centre in politics...so a clean slate as it were but that’s not realistically going to happen either...or any time soon, I don’t feel..centre will take a long time to achieve ..?...all of this tug of war stuff of politics will go on I fear...

...it’s often felt that ‘PC’, what has become the more negative meaning of ‘PC’ has been the cause of more right leaning views...and of things like Trump being elected and of Brexit happening...and that’s a fair point really...but I think the reverse is also a danger...the more the country pulls right in views, the more likelihood of a very left Prime Minister happening, like Jeremy..?...too right/too left, they’re both opposite sides of the same coin and a coin that isn’t good for any country...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 07:03 AM #29
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

The love of Corbyn is just weird. When people buy tote bags or t-shirts with his face on, and he occasionally has trending hashtags where people declare their love for him, he comes off more as the leader of a creepy cult than the leader of the Opposition.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 07:07 AM #30
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
The love of Corbyn is just weird. When people buy tote bags or t-shirts with his face on, and he occasionally has trending hashtags where people declare their love for him, he comes off more as the leader of a creepy cult than the leader of the Opposition.
...oh come on Oliver, you know you want one of those t-shirts...you know you do, just give in to it...

Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 07:15 AM #31
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

One of us ... One of us ...

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 07:24 AM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
yeah, the picture below shows he really wasn't involved in the ceremony

There must be thousands of evil terrorists around the world all fervently dreaming of that wonderful day when Corbyn becomes the Prime Minister of the UK.

Oh, what a glorious boost to their cause, destroying a democratic Western world power from within, with policies which will wreck the economy and weaken our defences.

And the naive and misguided, short-sighted Liberal Left which support him will find out to ALL our costs just what long-term misery they have bought into because of illusionary short-term 'gains' for the 'underprivileged'

There is NOTHING more dangerous to the future of the UK than Jeremy Corbyn - except the idiots who support him.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 09:29 AM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
There must be thousands of evil terrorists around the world all fervently dreaming of that wonderful day when Corbyn becomes the Prime Minister of the UK.

Oh, what a glorious boost to their cause, destroying a democratic Western world power from within, with policies which will wreck the economy and weaken our defences.

And the naive and misguided, short-sighted Liberal Left which support him will find out to ALL our costs just what long-term misery they have bought into because of illusionary short-term 'gains' for the 'underprivileged'

There is NOTHING more dangerous to the future of the UK than Jeremy Corbyn - except the idiots who support him.
There's literally an orange maniac in the white House , and you're worried about Corbyn becoming PM ?? .

I'm sure I saw a comment about wreath gate saying "not even Trump would do that " ,what kind of world do we live in where people think corbyn is worse than Trump .

And Corbyn is not George Galloway , he's the one who always seemed best buddies with dictators & terrorists to the point where it was cringy .
I still think the media is twisting this story & running with it to make Corbyn look bad . I still didn't see concrete evidence of what he's accused of . Maybe I've missed something .

I just find it bizarre and predictable how quickly the media & everyone has turned against him, and I doubt many people "love " him these days . I don't love him but I make do with him as he's the labour leader,but I feel whoever is in charge of labour will always get hated . Ed Milliband was constantly mocked , nobody listened to him instead they wished his brother won , which is bs as his brother would of gotten the same thankless treatment.

And don't worry with this spectacular smear campaign against Corbyn, he hasn't got a cat in hell's chance of getting in office . The Tory's will always be in power but the faces may change

I think people need to look at the bigger picture, interesting how people have forgotten May's shady antics she basically was revealed as corrupt . I guess it's the Trump effect and all is forgiven while other distractions happen .
Old 15-08-2018, 10:34 AM #34
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
There's literally an orange maniac in the white House , and you're worried about Corbyn becoming PM ?? .

I'm sure I saw a comment about wreath gate saying "not even Trump would do that " ,what kind of world do we live in where people think corbyn is worse than Trump .

And Corbyn is not George Galloway , he's the one who always seemed best buddies with dictators & terrorists to the point where it was cringy .
I still think the media is twisting this story & running with it to make Corbyn look bad . I still didn't see concrete evidence of what he's accused of . Maybe I've missed something .

I just find it bizarre and predictable how quickly the media & everyone has turned against him, and I doubt many people "love " him these days . I don't love him but I make do with him as he's the labour leader,but I feel whoever is in charge of labour will always get hated . Ed Milliband was constantly mocked , nobody listened to him instead they wished his brother won , which is bs as his brother would of gotten the same thankless treatment.

And don't worry with this spectacular smear campaign against Corbyn, he hasn't got a cat in hell's chance of getting in office . The Tory's will always be in power but the faces may change

I think people need to look at the bigger picture, interesting how people have forgotten May's shady antics she basically was revealed as corrupt . I guess it's the Trump effect and all is forgiven while other distractions happen .
A smear campaign. That's hilarious.

Corbyn - for the many - not the Jew.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 10:45 AM #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
A smear campaign. That's hilarious.

Corbyn - for the many - not the Jew.
Hi Liv

Old 15-08-2018, 10:53 AM #36
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Hi Liv
Hey Kirk x
Old 15-08-2018, 10:54 AM #37

Quote:

Oh, you've missed something alright, Goldheart; one scandal after another over decades IRREFUTABLY evidencing Corbyn' love for, allegiance to, and shared politics with, one evil terrorist group after another.

Oh, and no need to 'facepalm me - I'm not the one who has so evidently been living in a bubble.

Old 15-08-2018, 11:03 AM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oh, you've missed something alright, Goldheart; one scandal after another over decades IRREFUTABLY evidencing Corbyn' love for, allegiance to, and shared politics with, one evil terrorist group after another.

Oh, and no need to 'facepalm me - I'm not the one who has so evidently been living in a bubble.
But yet when he became leader of the labour party people were practically worshipping him ,and even praising his son who nobody ever sees !!! .

Decades of being allied with terrorist groups?? Yet being portrayed as a super hero figure to the point where it's ridiculous , just doesn't make sense to me . Now all of a sudden he's the worst person ever?? .

If you look closely you'll realise the government in general has links with terrorists especially when it comes to helping supply with weapons etc and the list goes on .

Don't get me started on the dodgy deals May is making with the DUP ,I don't trust them.
Old 15-08-2018, 11:07 AM #39
-

-

I'm not a Corbyn fan and I think he's clearly made plenty of suspect and unfortunate decisions, I don't particularly want him to be PM (though no less than I want VoJo or ****ing Tit Mogg as PM)

... but anyone who doesn't think there is currently a deliberate propaganda campaign against him is flat out deluded . They did the same thing with Milliband; they just had less juicy material to work with so had to target his dad, his sandwich eating proficiency, and the fact that he looks like claymation.

"Corbyn HATES TEH JEWS!" certainly makes bolder headlines.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 11:09 AM #40
-

-

Quote:
Hi Liv
Quote:
Hey Kirk x
Don't turn this thread into a silly circlejerk, guys, we're draining the swamp .
Old 15-08-2018, 11:14 AM #41
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
But yet when he became leader of the labour party people were practically worshipping him ,and even praising his son who nobody ever sees !!! .

Decades of being allied with terrorist groups?? Yet being portrayed as a super hero figure to the point where it's ridiculous , just doesn't make sense to me . Now all of a sudden he's the worst person ever?? .

If you look closely you'll realise the government in general has links with terrorists especially when it comes to helping supply with weapons etc and the list goes on .

Don't get me started on the dodgy deals May is making with the DUP ,I don't trust them.
Some people were worshiping him that were unaware of or refused to believe his shady past. Many, including myself have always said the guy is a shady terrorist supporter. Look back over time on this forum and you will see people noting his support of the ira terrorists and middle eastern terrorists. He has shared a platform with dodgy characters for decades. There are only so many times he can play the ... oh, i didn't know card.

His antisemitism is borne from his support of those terrorist organisations, same as many in the labour party, and now its firmly in public focus - as it should be. This guy could be the next PM and no matter peoples politics, its important that people know what they could be letting themselves in for. I am no particular fan of May, really don't like her at all, but she is not and never has been up to the dodgy dealings that Corbyn has.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 11:18 AM #42

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm not a Corbyn fan and I think he's clearly made plenty of suspect and unfortunate decisions, I don't particularly want him to be PM (though no less than I want VoJo or ****ing Tit Mogg as PM)

... but anyone who doesn't think there is currently a deliberate propaganda campaign against him is flat out deluded
. They did the same thing with Milliband; they just had less juicy material to work with so had to target his dad, his sandwich eating proficiency, and the fact that he looks like claymation.

"Corbyn HATES TEH JEWS!" certainly makes bolder headlines.
Exactly !!

Notice how we're hearing less & less about May & the Tories .

As I previously said Milliband was mocked & treated like crap ,for no reason . People took the pee out his voice & his looks and even laughed at him eating a sandwich but none of them bothered to listen to him .

Interesting how people supported Cameron though ,who could easily of been mocked for his face . No matter what Labour always gets mud thrown at them , it's always the same.
Old 15-08-2018, 11:21 AM #43
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I am no particular fan of May, really don't like her at all, but she is not and never has been up to the dodgy dealings that Corbyn has.
Well she did sell billions of pounds worth of military weaponry to Saudi Arabia which were then used on civilians. And, of course, claimed that she "didn't know". But I guess there aren't many high profile politicians who don't have a finger in that particular pie, so it gets overlooked as "the norm".
Old 15-08-2018, 11:26 AM #44
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Corbyn is the leader of a party that has major problems with antisemitism and as leader he's done nothing to help rectify it. That doesn't mean to say the other parties are perfect... but Corbyn and his Labour party do have an antisemitism problem that no one is addressing. That's how I feel. And that's how my family feel, and we've discussed it at length. My grandmother thinks he's a dangerous man and is quite frightened of him, that's mostly because she is a holocaust survivor and knows how little it takes for a whole community to singled out and oppressed. Now, I'm not saying that Corbyn might turn into Hitler, but the fact that he has so many questions to answer and has answered none to my satisfaction makes him look weak at best and antisemitic at worst. Most Jewish people I speak to, including Labour supporters, think Cornbyn needs to piss or get off the pot when it comes to standing up to antisemitism. The fact that he has done so little makes up till now me think he doesn't want to.
Old 15-08-2018, 11:29 AM #45
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Exactly !!

Notice how we're hearing less & less about May & the Tories .

As I previously said Milliband was mocked & treated like crap ,for no reason . People took the pee out his voice & his looks and even laughed at him eating a sandwich but none of them bothered to listen to him .

Interesting how people supported Cameron though ,who could easily of been mocked for his face . No matter what Labour always gets mud thrown at them , it's always the same.

So you think that May and Boris and all the others in the Tory party never get mocked and treated like crap. Interesting...

It saddens me to think that Islamophobia is quite rightly not acceptable in the Labour party... antisemitism though? Well... they're Jews, right? Who cares? At least that's how it's come over to me lately.
Old 15-08-2018, 11:32 AM #46

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well she did sell billions of pounds worth of military weaponry to Saudi Arabia which were then used on civilians. And, of course, claimed that she "didn't know". But I guess there aren't many high profile politicians who don't have a finger in that particular pie, so it gets overlooked as "the norm".
She'll always say she "didn't know"
Look at the windrush scandal, that's quickly being swept under the carpet now .
Old 15-08-2018, 11:36 AM #47
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

No one sold arms under Tony Blair? He took us to war on a lie. Talking about things being swept under the carpet...
Old 15-08-2018, 11:37 AM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
So you think that May and Boris and all the others in the Tory party never get mocked and treated like crap. Interesting...

It saddens me to think that Islamophobia is quite rightly not acceptable in the Labour party... antisemitism though? Well... they're Jews, right? Who cares? At least that's how it's come over to me lately.
No Livia
That's not what I said ,but they're getting less bad publicity it's do obvious what's happening.

I still don't believe Corbyn is anti-Semitic , he's probably associated or been linked with people who are but doesn't mean he is himself .
Old 15-08-2018, 11:38 AM #49
-

-

Quote:
No one sold arms under Tony Blair? He took us to war on a lie. Talking about things being swept under the carpet...
Quote:
I guess there aren't many high profile politicians who don't have a finger in that particular pie, so it gets overlooked as "the norm".
Just because it's become commonplace, does not make it less serious.
Old 15-08-2018, 11:39 AM #50

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Are you kidding?? , Nothing Blair did was ever swept under the carpet . Even now he still gets blamed for the war on Iraq

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
admits, corbyn, jeremy, munich, present, terrorists, wreathlaying