Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB22 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2018 [CBB 22], won by Ryan Thomas, and housemates here.

-----

Old 15-08-2018, 12:50 PM #1
BBs Best future Housemate

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Chloe Ayling
BB8: Amanda

Favourites (more):
Default My thoughts on the CBB House!

The house pictures came out today and I think it’s horrible, again. I did Interior design at uni and I designed a Big Brother house for my final project so making the house look good is important to me but I never feel that they get it looking nice these days... there is only a small number that I’ve liked but not in recent years as they always go over the top. I like to think about it hence I'm writing this… (but do not compare this house to the house that I designed at uni, because at uni , I only wanted to drink and have fun hence came up with 100s of themes but choose to focus only on the simplest as that would have allowed me more time to get drunk, plus whats the point spending months designing something if its not going to get created!...).

This year I was hoping for a Goddess themed House, a kingdom of heaven themed, a fairy tale themed house, or a proper Jungle themed house (something that eve might have lived in) then I could of had some hope that I might still have a chance of being in but no… The whole house just reminds me of stormy's dream home… common, yet trys to pass for a wealthy upper class design ... boo… ohh well maybe next year…
Any way this is my thoughts...

Dining room / kitchen:

This room has way too much going on… Too many colours and too many things that clash. For example the wood paneling under the kitchen table looks horrible with the checkered floor… To me checked floor’s only look good in rooms that are mostly white or filled with one colour.

The BB house dining room has brown dark wood, gold, green, grey, blue glowing lighting, blue pillars, checked marble, black, white, white marble, lots of plants junking up the wall and other plants standing in front of the leaf printed wall so that you can't tell the difference between what is wall and what is a real leaf. There's also a bit of orange in there… It’s way too much… can’t they just have 3/4 colours that go well together and stick to that!

Also there’s a mixture of themes:

With the disco balls and blue illuminated light, this makes you feel like your at a 90’s disco party, but then there are posh chandeliers that make you feel like your in a posh mansion, then you look down and see a grey carpet so you feel like your in an office. But then you see the plants and it looks like they want a jungle theme…

The whole thing feels like 8 good designers could not decide on what theme to go with so each person mashed up there idea with 7 others… then you get what they got. and whats with the upside-down public waist bin being used as a stylish coffee table in the sitting area!

What I like: I do like the pale brickwork walls, the pillars (only painted white) the marble kitchen counter, the gold panel in kitchen, the big chandelier, the blue illumination and the doors... I hate a lot of things but without the green print on the wall, things would look much better. With that changed maybe the other bits won't look as bad, eg the grey carpet would look better (but honestly I prefer chocolate coloured or black even as it does not show up the dirt)...

What I would change: I would love change that horrid leaf wallpaper to a lovely view of the worlds horizon… or have a picture that makes it look like you are up in the clouds… I like the pale brick wall but I would paint all the borders in gold so that gold and white and grey become the main colour scheme only add touches of pink and blue… Pink for the girls blue for the boys… so I would take away the orange and turn that in to pink or blue… and I would paint the dog gold and put it on the floor as dogs don't belong on kitchen counters. I would replace the open shelves on the gold panel to a more neat cupboard as exposed shelves just look messy and pointless as anything you put on them is seen so then it can only be used for things that you want to show… I think all the wood paneling should be painted white too. With more pale colours the checked floor would look better… I like the plants but think there’s too many of them… If it were my house i would keep the best plants (eg one in flower or some of the biggest ones) and put the other ones in the garden or greenhouse where they belong… lots of plants are only good if there is not much colour in the room as a plants purpose is to bring colour and life into a pale room but if the room is not plane in colour and already has life to it, then it just looks over the top!

Living room:

Again too many colours: Red green yellow blue, multi coloured, dark and light brown floor paneling.. The furniture looks posh and uncomfortable… something you would expect in a country retreat for rich people… Its not my thing at all. If it were my house i would sell or auction off everything else as comfort is the most important thing for me and none of the furniture (except the beds) seem comfortable and the colours are horrid. The sofas just feel like you have to sit up right on them with your legs crossed and pretend to be posh… eg like you have to copy stormy… a common stripper who does her best to ‘upmarket herself’ for the sake of making lots of money to go and waist it on over priced ‘designer’ clothing. I mean a blue a red and a yellow sofa… that’s more suited for a clowns house if you think about it… and that carpet rug looks like it got lost in the Sahara desert for about 100 years, hence why the colours have all faded… why would anyone want to walk on that… from the picture it also looks like parts of it have molded up but a con man has convinced the purchaser that ‘it’s worth £50,000s or pounds only they are happy to sell it for £10,000… when really it’s only worth taking it to the local tip!

And the table on top of the rug looks like something you would find in a charity shop as the person who was stupid enough to buy it thought it was cool then noticed that he started getting a headache everytime he looked at it so ended up giving it to a charity shop as none else wanted it.

There are three walls, again all are very different… I like the brick but I do prefer white brick (like the one in the dining room) If i could change it I would change it to match the other room, or just paint it... Them not matching it is why I don't like the house as there is too much change and not enough consistency. The purple wall is cool (that looks very intriguing).

Back to basics to me does mean a house design that is consistent throughout the house and only has one theme not 20.

In this room I would want a different rug that does not look like its got dog pee all over it… get rid of the yellow and horrid pink chairs and replace it either with a sofa in a nice pink colour or cream or chocolate (if that colour is used elsewhere in the house) The blue sofa is whired but that is the same colour used in some of the lighting so that one's not that out of place.

Bathroom

I hate everything!... I like pink but if this was my bathroom I would rip everything out… I hate the carpet the most! Whos idea was it that large spotted carpets go well with pink wood panels, leaf printed walls, a white star shaped bench, a metal looking bath design to look like a large cheap tacky flower pot and a lily and flamingo printed wallpaper… it way too much...

The room looks nothing like a bathroom but more just like a posh changing room for people who want to spend £20,000 on a single dress that’s no better than a £20 dress...

What I like about it though is that the parts where you shower and pee are closed off so that you get privacy and it does not look like your being filmed in a bathroom… so I like that. But i don’t really want to bath in a flower pot!
I like also the make up table and cream bench chair, that looks like a posh salon so would encourage people to try to look their best. It would be good to sit there to get some privacy… and there's not too many mirrors which is good too so you won’t feel as paranoid that people are watching you. I also love the pink and blue lighting.

I would change the carpet to black with stars on, the leaf print to landscape views (or just anything else) change the flower pot bath to a normal but nice modern bath.

Bedroom

When it comes to the bedroom the only thing i don't like is the plain blue bed sheets… and that the pink is a horrid shade of pink. I’m not a fan on the blue leaf design but I can tolerate it…

I love the white stary wall divide, that’s nice… and the blue leaf print is ok… If I could change it I would go with white bed covers with the blue flower pattern on it. I would change the pink into a nice girly pink not musty pink.

Garden

I like the yellow steps by the cactuses as it looks like the bottom edge of an egyptian pyramid… but the wall to the left should be grey as there's too much yellow that it reminds me of butlins… I dont like the blue … there's too much
I love that there is a pool and a Jacuzzi… I wonder if there's a sauna too… If I could change it I would add more plants and a brown wood hammock… that maybe looks like a shipwreck… I would also get rid of the yellow stools as they look tacky.. And add more plants to the garden (less to the house)

Pink Room:

Is it just me or is this house much bigger than before?

This should be the room that i love the most, but its not as there too few colours…. Three (four) is good… not just one! And those pink chairs look more like beds…It makes me wonder, what happens if there are going to be 19 housemates (like to celebrate BB19 or 18 to celebrate its 18 years) if 18-19 HM are to enter either cbb or bbuk, there won't be enough space in main bedroom but some could also camp out on these ‘sofas’ for a week…

If i were to change it I would add white and gold… I would make this one be the girly looking living room and the other one look like the more masculine living room.

So the colour scheme would be continuous… white, gold, grey with touches of pink and blue… some rooms though will have more pink some will have more blue… The theme would be Heavenly palace!... or the 2nd house could have that theme and the main house been more earth themed...

Last edited by annabelindabee; 15-08-2018 at 01:07 PM.
annabelindabee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 12:55 PM #2
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

maybe huge house is because of the variation of tasks they are playing in there

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 05:23 PM #3
haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

queen of analyzing the CBB house

Spoiler:

montblanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 07:52 PM #4
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Anna is the reason we live

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 07:54 PM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
Did... did a CBB house write this

CBB house designer I think you meant... yes... that would be more ececptable, as if I just spent weeks designing something thats ok (ok it does look fairly goodish) and then someone just wrote a long thing all about everything thats wrong about it... I might be upset too..
Old 15-08-2018, 07:56 PM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Ps. I love the support that Im getting... Its not going unnoticed!

Last edited by annabelindabee; 15-08-2018 at 07:57 PM.
Old 15-08-2018, 08:06 PM #7
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelindabee View Post
Ps. I love the support that Im getting... Its not going unnoticed!
You’re absolutely ****ing bonkers but I’m okay with that.
Old 16-08-2018, 09:09 PM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

This is so weird I hated the house at first but now I actually love it as it looks so different live when you walk through it…

It's more fun to write about something that you hate, but now that I actually like it I should write a retraction... so boo… here it is:

Dining room / kitchen:

I thought there were too many colours but now I see that the checked floor is green and white not black and white, well that means the floor does match with both the walls and the wooden kitchen panelling as green brown white and grey all go well with each other and I love the gold to add to that… now that I see it with the changeable coloured lighting I do love it… It’s probably the best I seen.

There seemed mixture of themes: but now that Ive seen it live I would just say there's two, the country retreat and Plant life!

I love the lighting around the edge of the walls… thats nice

Living room:

Again had too many colours: but they’ve taken out the musty pink sofas and changed the horrid taky table and swapped to with a larger much nicer white one… I much prefer this table as it hides the carpet that looks like it’s covered in dog piss so that the carpet does not look as obvious.. And that glowing wall is amazing… now that I can see it properly light up … I would Iove that in my house but could never afford it.

A blue and a yellow sofa looks much better than blue yellow and pink (like in the first picture) and now that the wall can match the blue sofa I just love it

Bathroom

I hate the carpet still but the pink is a nice colour and its ok… It still looks like a design shop changing room that sells overpriced dresses but its ok, I love shopping without having to actually spend lots of money on the dress.

I like that the parts where you shower and pee are closed off so that you get privacy and it does not look like your being filmed in a bathroom… But i don’t really want to bath in a bath that looks like a flower pot, but maybe it would look cute. ;-(

Bedroom

I love the plants in the bedroom… they are very cooling… When it comes to the bedroom the only thing i don't like is the plain blue bed sheets….It looked like a musky pink before but now it looks like a baby pink (which i love) maybe the lighting was just off before. I love the pink and blue lights.

I love the white stary wall divide that leads into bathroom, that’s nice… and the blue leaf print is ok…

Garden

I LOve illumination… the garden looks soo good at night

Pink Room:

Lets see…

Last edited by annabelindabee; 16-08-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cbb, house, thoughts