Notices

CBB22 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2018 [CBB 22], won by Ryan Thomas, and housemates here.

-----

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2018, 11:18 PM   #1
Denver
I Cant Breathe
 
Denver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HomeTown
Posts: 55,263

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
IAC2019: Caitlyn Jenner
X Factor Celebrity: Hayley Hasselhoff
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage


Default This sums up why we shouldnt say Roxanne is mentally Ill

__________________

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:19 PM   #2
LaLaLand
Senior Member
 
LaLaLand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 18,092


Default

Idk I'm torn tbh. I do think there's something lacking like for her to actually try and do this (and multiple times too!)
LaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:20 PM   #3
Rob!
No filter
 
Rob!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,778

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie
CBB20: Helen Lederer
IAC2017: Rebeckah Vardy


Default

Are you just going to make a thread for every opinion from a vaguely famous person you come across?
__________________
Rob! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:21 PM   #4
Denver
I Cant Breathe
 
Denver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HomeTown
Posts: 55,263

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
IAC2019: Caitlyn Jenner
X Factor Celebrity: Hayley Hasselhoff
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
Are you just going to make a thread for every opinion from a vaguely famous person you come across?
I think its a fair thing to discuss.

She clearly isnt mentally ill and it is being used as an excuse
__________________

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:21 PM   #5
Glenn.
Senior Member
 
Glenn.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 18,773


Default

Tbf it’s kinda right. I don’t believe she’s mentally ill at all. I think she’s just an awful person
__________________
.

"I named them for my brothers, Viserys and Rhaegar"


.
Glenn. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:21 PM   #6
Jordan.
:sicksmilie:
 
Jordan.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 62,642


Default

__________________
Jordan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:22 PM   #7
Glenn.
Senior Member
 
Glenn.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 18,773


Default

Not me agreeing with Helly Woo Woo
__________________
.

"I named them for my brothers, Viserys and Rhaegar"


.
Glenn. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:22 PM   #8
LukeB
Life imitates art
 
LukeB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Humpty Doo
Posts: 82,350

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
BBUSA22: Janelle
BBCanada 8: Madeline


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnii View Post
Idk I'm torn tbh. I do think there's something lacking like for her to actually try and do this (and multiple times too!)
All of this is odd and her behaviour has been like shes on a soap/tv show/panto or like jo sugden may have left emmerdale but jo sugden hasn’t left her if that makes sense which is not normal behaviour so people are going to question if shes mentally ill.
__________________

Spoiler:


LukeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:23 PM   #9
Glenn.
Senior Member
 
Glenn.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 18,773


Default

The ****ing ****
__________________
.

"I named them for my brothers, Viserys and Rhaegar"


.
Glenn. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:23 PM   #10
Elliot
Senior Member
 
Elliot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 7,594

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
IAC2018: Fleur East
BB18: Isabelle
CBB17: Gemma Collins
Default

I tried to justify her and be fair but people like her don’t deserve mine or anyone else’s time and sympathy. Despicable person
Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:26 PM   #11
armand.kay
baddie
 
armand.kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: purgatory
Posts: 24,053
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
Love Island 4: Adam
BB18: Chanelle


Default

"Mental health issues" doesn't always have to be something serious or diagnosable. Roxanne's behaviour in there was not normal and she could really do with a sit down with a therapist.
__________________
☾✩✹


Last edited by armand.kay; 01-09-2018 at 11:27 PM.
armand.kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:28 PM   #12
Denver
I Cant Breathe
 
Denver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HomeTown
Posts: 55,263

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
IAC2019: Caitlyn Jenner
X Factor Celebrity: Hayley Hasselhoff
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand.kay View Post
"Mental health issues" doesn't always have to be something serious or diagnosable. Roxanne's behaviour in there was not normal and she could really do with a sit down with a therapist.
There is unfortunately no cure for attention seeking
__________________

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:29 PM   #13
LaLaLand
Senior Member
 
LaLaLand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 18,092


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
All of this is odd and her behaviour has been like shes on a soap/tv show/panto or like jo sugden may have left emmerdale but jo sugden hasn’t left her if that makes sense which is not normal behaviour so people are going to question if shes mentally ill.
She's quite sociopathic.
LaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:31 PM   #14
rusticgal
Senior Member
 
rusticgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,581


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
There is unfortunately no cure for attention seeking
rusticgal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:32 PM   #15
Jack_
oh fack off
 
Jack_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 47,406

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright
The Circle 2019: James
BBUSA21: Kathryn


Default

It became clear how calculated she was being when she told the boys and said 'don't let anyone else tell you otherwise' cause she was obviously lying. That and the fact she has a history of this and was a bully in school too

The thing that gets me though is how did she EVER think she was going to get away with this on camera? That's not normal, rational or calculated at all
__________________
Jack_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:09 AM   #16
Withano
Withano
 
Withano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19,688

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Helen Lederer


Default

I get her point, but i dont think we can deny its not a possibility

Some people are struggling with their mental health problems and avoid contact with people

Some people are struggling with their mental health and are ****ing charming to people

And some people are struggling with their mental health and are ****ing vile to people


The issue is people may be saying ‘oh Roxannes doing this because she has MH issues’, when really we should be saying ‘Roxanne may have MH issues, maybe she’s taking these issues out on other people’
__________________
Withano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:09 AM   #17
tiger_greengrass
Chaos Queen
 
tiger_greengrass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 589

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Survivor 40: Parvati
IAC2019: Jacqueline Jossa
RPDR UK 1: The Vivienne
Default

Villain queen Helen telling it how it is.
tiger_greengrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:09 AM   #18
Ant.
beautiful
 
Ant.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 17,854
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Roxanne Pallett
Love Island 4: Georgia
CBB21: Wayne Sleep


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
I get her point, but i dont think we can deny its not a possibility

Some people are struggling with their mental health problems and avoid contact with people

Some people are struggling with their mental health and are ****ing charming to people

And some people are struggling with their mental health and are ****ing vile to people


The issue is people may be saying ‘oh Roxannes doing this because she has MH issues’, when really we should be saying ‘Roxanne may have MH issues, maybe she’s taking these issues out on other people’
__________________


Ant. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:12 AM   #19
Clootie Dumpling
Senior Member
 
Clootie Dumpling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Yorkshire (via Glasgow)
Posts: 1,408

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli
BB15: Helen
CBB 12: Abz Love
Default

I'm no expert, but I think she may have a personality disorder - that doesn't mean to say she doesn't deliberately set out to manipulate and knows exactly what she's doing.

Last edited by Clootie Dumpling; 02-09-2018 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Typo
Clootie Dumpling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:06 AM   #20
armand.kay
baddie
 
armand.kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: purgatory
Posts: 24,053
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
Love Island 4: Adam
BB18: Chanelle


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
There is unfortunately no cure for attention seeking
I mean getting to the root of why she's an attention seeker and dealing with that might help.
__________________
☾✩✹

armand.kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:57 AM   #21
Garfie
Senior Member
 
Garfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,941

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle
Strictly 2016: Lesley Joseph
BB17: Hughie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clootie Dumpling View Post
I'm no expert, but I think she may have a personality disorder - that doesn't mean to say she doesn't deliberately set out to manipulate and knows exactly what she's doing.
Yes, people can have a personality disorder without having a mental health issue. As a personality, she is a narcissist, hence the attention seeking, the need for everything to be about her and the willingness to put her own needs first, even if that means manipulating and/or destroying others.

She might also have some mental health issues, but her basic personality will determine whether she manages them in a constructive or destructive way, and whether she directs them out at others.

My feeling at this stage is that her behaviour is a personality issue rather than a mental health issue.
Garfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:48 AM   #22
Twosugars
Stiff Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: London
Posts: 9,392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
Yes, people can have a personality disorder without having a mental health issue. As a personality, she is a narcissist, hence the attention seeking, the need for everything to be about her and the willingness to put her own needs first, even if that means manipulating and/or destroying others.

She might also have some mental health issues, but her basic personality will determine whether she manages them in a constructive or destructive way, and whether she directs them out at others.

My feeling at this stage is that her behaviour is a personality issue rather than a mental health issue.
Personality disorders are mental health issues
Twosugars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:35 AM   #23
GoldHeart
Senior Member
 
GoldHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,522

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 1: The Vivienne
The Circle 2019: Georgina
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
Personality disorders are mental health issues
Roxanne made some extreme allegations on Ryan! , that's why we have to question her state of mind! . But there's definitely a calculating side to her. She single handedly managed to manipulate and turn 4 people against Ryan

It's like when you get criminals masterminding things in such a cunning sly way that you think it's got to be more than mental illness , there's EVIL there aswell. And it's the same with Roxanne
__________________
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 04:17 AM   #24
puzzled
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 584
Default

Whether or not she has mental health issues, she is a toxic menace.
puzzled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 04:31 AM   #25
Garfie
Senior Member
 
Garfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,941

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle
Strictly 2016: Lesley Joseph
BB17: Hughie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Roxanne made some extreme allegations on Ryan! , that's why we have to question her state of mind! . But there's definitely a calculating side to her. She single handedly managed to manipulate and turn 4 people against Ryan

It's like when you get criminals masterminding things in such a cunning sly way that you think it's got to be more than mental illness , there's EVIL there aswell. And it's the same with Roxanne
Exactly. Which is why serial killers and murderers can use the insanity plea if they are diagnosed as having a mental disorder, but cannot if they are regarded as having a personality disorder.
Garfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
mentally, roxanne, sums

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:10 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts