Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 06-09-2018, 12:34 PM #26
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
In ideal world wouldn't it be best if Jerusalem was a free city where both nations could have their capital?
I have no problem with Schama or Sebag-Montefiore (read his book on Stalin, btw) but as both are Jewish wouldn't there be a suspicion of bias?
Maybe somebody removed emotionally from the whole issue?
I suppose you could accuse them of bias, but they are fine historians. I'm sure there are plenty of other accounts though if you find their work Jewish-centric.

Jerusalem will never be a shared city in my opinion. It is the absolute holiest place for Jews (even thought Muslims and Christians worship quite freely in Jerusalem). Can you imagine Jews wanting to worship in Mecca? Or that Muslims would ever consider sharing Mecca with Jews?

Last edited by Livia; 06-09-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:32 PM #27
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
WTF is your problem? I merely said that I would be very interested in learning about Israel's 'Land-Grab'.

By 'Sensible Exchange' you are obviously demeaning any contribution of mine to be NOT sensible - Thank you - and I did not 'Waltz In' I contributed to a thread on Serious debates, something which I have been doing for quite a few years BEFORE you were even a member.

Stop being so precious.
Apologies, I suppose I overreacted. Your replies to me and TS sounded in my mind like all-guns-blazing let's demolish any opposition.
I wish we could have a calm and slow-burning debate about the Israel-Palestine issue. Full of stops for education by print or video materials. Maybe a new sticky thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I suppose you could accuse them of bias, but they are fine historians. I'm sure there are plenty of other accounts though if you find their work Jewish-centric.

Jerusalem will never be a shared city in my opinion. It is the absolute holiest place for Jews (even thought Muslims and Christians worship quite freely in Jerusalem). Can you imagine Jews wanting to worship in Mecca? Or that Muslims would ever consider sharing Mecca with Jews?
Tbh I'm not accusing them of bias, if anything I agree with a lot of what Schama has to say on the current political issues and enjoyed S-M book on Stalin. Just think that, to be on the safe side, it'd be better to choose someone not invested in this issue, so nobody Jewish or Muslim.

I'm not suggesting Jews should give up Jerusalem, just continue sharing it with other religions. I forgot now how the suggestion of East Jerusalem for Palestinian capital played out with both sides..?
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
adopts, antisemitism, definition, full, labour